eThaiCD Experience,Reviews,and Issues

readerzlover

sarNie Egg
So what's your experience with the Thai e-commerce site?

My family has brought items from them before I even knew it existed. They had many good things to say about them. Everything from shipping to the packaging.

1st Experience:

Late 2012,I decided to get myself something. Something like the very rare DVDs from selected lakorns.

The ordering process is smooth sailing and secure. You will be directed to a different secure site in order to purchase your items. Your credit card information will not be store by eThaiCD but they will have your billing address and your perferred shipping address. So when your order is complete you will be directed back to eThaiCD. So within a week I got my two box sets and every disc worked without any problems. By the way whatever questions I had, the manager Wiwat was able to answer them within the 24 hours.

2nd Experience:

Last weekend I ordered some dvds including Plerng Taranong. Again everything went smoothly and I got my items on Wednesday EST. So I signed my package and went to work. The next day, I tried my DVDs and every disc works fine except for Plerng Taranong the only problem was Box1 Disc2, the other three discs works fine. The disc would load very slowly and when it does play, the movie stops around the 3 hour mark and freezes. I thought that it was my computer so I used my region free DVD player but it did the same thing. Even when you use the chapter menu it freezes and stops the DVD player. So I emailed the eThaiCD about the issue I am currently having but no reply so far. So right now there is the waiting game.

So what's your experience? If there's none do you have any questions? Feel free to fire away.

Thip2789

sarNie Hatchling
Ive never ordered from ethaicd but my brother has and he didnt have any problems

my question is how would ordering by money order work? anyone tried ordering by that

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Tubbytinker07, I've done money order so many time. It's really easy if you do it but it takes a longer time for the money to reach them and so forth. You'll just have to send in your money to one of their person in New York and it just goes from there. I usually inform them when I send in my payment so that they know they should prepare my items promptly. :) 

As for ordering from Ethaicd, I've bought so many stuff from them for the past 5 years. I've probably spend over $500 already. One of my guy friend bought me Plerng Torranong too and I think my disc is also scratched. Mines would freeze too for some odd reason. Other than that, I've never had any problems with the items i've purchased. :)

readerzlover

sarNie Egg
Tubbytinker07: Sorry I don't know about the money order, I only use my card.

Roseloveice: Trust me I love eThaiCD. They're fast and so far it's been steady sailing. Plerng Torranong is all good except for Box Set 1 Disc 2. It just stops at the 3 hour mark. Does your DVDs work for Plerng Torranong? Did you talk to the store manager about it?

Thip2789

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks rose...I'll give it a try someday lolz but have you guys ordered magazines from them, like i look at the list and they dont have most magazines in their list

readerzlover

sarNie Egg
What kind of magazine are you looking for? My mom use to get "Koo Sarng Koo Som" and "Darapappayon". I think she got something else also but that was a couple years ago. I remember the quality of the magazine was nice on the front but after that it was newspaper like on the inside, it was either "Koo Sarng Koo Som" or "Darapappayon". Not sure if the quality changed over the years.

Thip2789

sarNie Hatchling
Yea with those two magazines u mention, its always like that, even the original in Thailand. I'm looking for Image magazine but they don't have it on their list

cecilia

Staff member
Khun Wiwat usually response quickly w/question/concern so i suggest e-mail him on this. I always have a good experience with them -- got my demand meet too when i can't find the items on their page or that they're out of stock .. can always re-order.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
I order from there and they have pretty good services. If I ask them something, they'd answer back quick. The vcds are good, except the first time I order a set and one of the discs was scratched a little, but not a big issue and it was still readable. Just their prices are so expensive. ARgh...

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
Yes, I advise you to contact the owner, Wiwat. I've had order multiple times from them, and the service is decent.  Yes, the lakorn DVDs are not official set so some will arrive damage or not viewable/playable on some DVD players.  If that's the case, just email him and let him know that lakorn DVD is damage/blank and cannot be played.  He shouldn't hesitate to send you a new copy.  When I ordered Ngao Rak Luang Jai, the set arrived damaged, with 2 disks that couldn't be played.  I emailed him right back within a week and he shipped out a new set to me within 2-3 weeks.  

Just keep in mind that based on my experience, the Lakorn DVDs are not official sets so it's a half and half chance some dvds will come damage...most other DVDs like concerts, or kaorakes are original so those usually arrive in great condition! 

Good luck with your case and let us know how you fix it! 

readerzlover

sarNie Egg
Hello everyone thank you all for sharing your experiences, it will greatly come in handy for those who have not tried eThaiCD yet.

Smilealways06: From what I have experience, there is no tax on the products that you want to order. So if you you want items that are for example : $29.50,28.50, and $30.50 then you're total is $88.50. But usually there is a discount special. Here is the link: Discount.

Right now it's still in progress but I will post up some pretty neat box sets like Koo Kum and Luerd Kattiya later.

roselovesice

Usually their items are rather expensive is because it also include shipping thus making it expensive. 

readerz lover said:
Tubbytinker07: Sorry I don't know about the money order, I only use my card.

Roseloveice: Trust me I love eThaiCD. They're fast and so far it's been steady sailing. Plerng Torranong is all good except for Box Set 1 Disc 2. It just stops at the 3 hour mark. Does your DVDs work for Plerng Torranong? Did you talk to the store manager about it?
I think so. I don't remember but one of the disc isn't working, sadly. :( It had my favorite scene in it too! 

Tubbytinker07 said:
Yea with those two magazines u mention, its always like that, even the original in Thailand. I'm looking for Image magazine but they don't have it on their list
If they don't have it, you can always request. Khun Wiwat will do anything to get you that magazine if it's still available. :)  

roselovesice

thatsouthernasianchick said:
So I really, REALLY want this Bie tee (haha, Bie tee! So cute!) from eThaicd.com

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=75788

I heard they are legit but how about when ordering clothes? Lol.
I just got mines! :D They're pretty legit. It comes in the same way and time frame like the other items. I'm sure you'll be satisfied with it. :)

jamespoo

sarNie Egg
does anybody know if there vcd movies they sell are bootleg copys or genuine copies?

as i like to buy vcd but only genuine copies