Favorite Bollywood Movie

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
Bollywood section is so dead, not many Bollywood fans here. I hope to see more active bollywood fans. Anyway, I love bollywood alot wanna know which is ur favorite bollywood movie? Discuss, love to hear from all bollywood fans.

My favorite movies are Vivah, Ishq Vishq, Guzaarish, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and Haunted..maybe more but these all I can think now.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I'm a huge SRK fan haha, so most of my favorites are his. My top five favorite Bollywood films:
1. Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
2. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
3. Devdas
4. Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya
5. Lage Raho Munna Bhai

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
@phatman Wow didnt expect Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya & Lage Raho Munna Bhai would be among ur favorite bollywood movies as they are not known to international fans. I still haven't seen Lage Munna....but not going to watch it anyway, has to like to cast to watch. lol Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya I saw it, didnt like it much I thought u were mistaken 4 Maine Pyar Kiya starring Salman also. If u like LRMB, u should check out 3 Idiots it's from the same maker and it's Bollywood all time biggest hit.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
@phatman Wow didnt expect Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya & Lage Raho Munna Bhai would be among ur favorite bollywood movies as they are not known to international fans. I still haven't seen Lage Munna....but not going to watch it anyway, has to like to cast to watch. lol Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya I saw it, didnt like it much I thought u were mistaken 4 Maine Pyar Kiya starring Salman also. If u like LRMB, u should check out 3 Idiots it's from the same maker and it's Bollywood all time biggest hit.
Haha. I like MPKK because it was the first Hindi romcom that I've ever seen. Usually I see romantic dramas with a little comic relief, but MPKK exposed me to a different side of Hindi films, which is why I credit it as a favorite. I didn't like the fact that the main guy loved his gf and then possibly "fell" for his nurse, but I like the comedy they used in the film, and I'm a sucker for comedy haha. Plus, Sushmita was gorgeous in there, even better than Katrina, no offense hehe.
As for LRMB, I initially resented it because of the lead guy, but in the end I gave in because the film was just freak'n hilarious. Also, for the film to make sense they have to cast an actor who really resembles the character, so I accepted it. I actually own a copy of 3Idiots, BUT the place a bought it from totally ripped me off; the English subs are so so so crappy, some scenes don't even have subs, so I wasn't able to watch it completely to grasp the situation of the film. Good thing though, I just found out about a site, in here, where I could watch Hindi films and I saw 3Idiots there, so I'm gonna find some time to watch it this weekend...finally, haha.

mia07

Introvert
^ Have you seen Munnabhai MBBS? That's the first part to the Munnabhai series and it's really good as well which got me to watch the second one. The third one is in the process so hopefully it'll be as good as both of them. King Khan was originally choosen to play the main lead but I'm glad they had Sanjay to do it because he really did match the role.

To answer the topic question, I cannot decide because there are many that I enjoy watching over and over without boredom.

mia07

Introvert
I personally liked the first one better and it's funnier, too. The story lines are different. Most of the main characters in the second is in the first except the lead actress. Besides it being humorous, it gives a friendly, valuable lesson and I gotta say, it did make me cry. If you love the second, you'll definitely enjoy the first.

cecilia

Staff member
I love the old classic Yeh Vaada Raha, Deewana, Dil, Beta, Salaam Namaste, Jab We Met (One of Shahid's best work), Jodha Akbar, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Zeher, I Hate Luv Story, Aisha, Dhakan, and Hum Tum.

Mae

sarNie Adult
My favorites are:
-Om Shanti Om
-Dil Ka Rishta
-Vivah
-Mohabbatien
-Dil Hai Tumhaara
-Na Tum Jaang Na Hum

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
@Phatman @OhMaiVDarling Munnabhai series is a big hit, I might watch the movie some day. Part 3 is in the making, but till now nothing happening yet.
Over the years, Bollywood has made some nice movies but I notice many of u like the older movies and Srk fans obviously. Check out some good recent movies: Cocktail, Barfi, English Vinglish, Vicky Donor, zindagi na milegi dobara, etc
Besides Bollywood, India has major film industries too especially the South region. Magadheera is a must watch. Recently, I saw Chirutha and 7 aum Arivu they are very good too. All are availabe on youtube w/ subs.

mia07

Introvert
Oh I want to watch English Vinglish. Saw the trailer and it looks good. I was looking forward to Ek Tha Tiger, Student of the Year, and Jab Tak Hain Jaan but they just released so Idthink theres a link to watch them with subs. I do prefer the oldies because of the beautiful, traditional outfits and songs were way better which drew me to their films. Nowadays its too modern and seems like B-films has lost their India touch.

I was going to try the Southern films, but I haven't seen any goodlooking guys to draw me to them. Lol. I know the girls are pretty though. Asin Thottumkal is one of my favorites - love her since Ghajini. Can't forget Sridevi - she was from the Southern, too I believe.

mia07

Introvert
Oh thank you so much! I will try and watch EV and ETT. I'm only watching ETT for Salman - I'm not really fond of Katrina Kaif. Not that I dislike her or anything, but maybe it's her acting that doesn't convince me enough to like her. That's funny... ETT is produced by YashRaj so kinda weird that Jab Tak isn't released yet but it can also be due to it's recent release while ETT was released in August.

I did try to watch the southern Ghajini, but who can resist Aamir? Haha. Also gave Wanted a shot too, but darn, Salman, Salman, Salman... Hehehe. I'll give the ones you listed a try. Is there an original with subs of Magadheera? I used to like watching India movies in Hmong Dubbs, but now since most old productions are gone and/or has new voice dubbers, I prefer watching the originals. Seems like B-Town is running out of story lines so they are making their films from Southern ones so of course, they (Southerns) deserve a lot of credits. Once again, thanks for the links. Appreciate it. =)

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
i like Katrina too she's beautiful, but acting she isn't great. I think she's very overrated her movies are like a hit machine just because of her look. I think Salman Khan movies are too overrated also, I like him though. Naaa I dont think bollywood filmmakers are running out of ideas, they are just too lazy to find good writer or talented ppl. Many of the recent blockbusters are all remake of South movies *SMH*
I agreed the Hmong dubbed production now can't compare to the early 90's. Looove ST. Production, Txhais Lus is good too. Just type Magadheera w/ english subs on youtube u'll find it. No problem. :)

May I know ur favorite actresses/actors?

cecilia

Staff member
I like Magadheera .. just wish the p'ek was a bit taller -- other than this .. great script, great cast .. p'ek was cute with n'ek too.
I didn't like the ending though -- it was kindda weird to me (actually, the 2nd half of their 1st life lol)

I LOVE LOVE THE WHISTLE OST :wub:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Before I watch a movie I have to either like the leads or the story line. If I don't like the leads, and the story line doesn't interest me then I'll never watch that film...unless I have absolutely nothing else to watch and I'm desperate to watch something haha. Maybe because I was raised with Bollywood films that I'm more attached to it, so southern films and such don't really attract me. I don't really like their film quality either. However, I might give those a try to have a taste of what it's like.

mia07

Introvert
MM4ever said:
May I know ur favorite actresses/actors?
For the females, I have three. My very first is Juhi Chawla. She is amazing and I always thought that she was the most beautiful Indian actress. I first saw her in Tum Mere Ho in Hmong Dubbed and became fond of her afterwards. It's also when I started liking her and Aamir together as well. She has really big, gorgeous eyes and a lovely smile. Next up, Rani Mukherjee. She is a really good actress and very beautiful as well. It seems like after she debuted and became known from KKHH, she was nearly the main female leads in all of YRF til other younger females came in, such as Katrina Kaif, Katreena Kapoor, etc... Although I haven't seen any of her movies lately, she is still in my good book. Last but not least, Asin Thottumkal. Out of other Southern actresses who came to Bollywood, I kinda like her more. I liked her since Ghajini.

As for the males, I don't really have a favorite because I like them all equally. There isn't a guy that I'm totally wowed over. I guess you can say it depends on the genre of the film that makes me like them. Kinda weird, isn't it?

MM4ever said:
@OhMaivDarlin Oh and wanna know ur opinion on Magadheera too if u dont mind.
You can call me Mia to avoid typing my whole username 'cause I know it's quite long and complicated. LOL. Okay, I watched EV, ETT, and Magadheera and if I was to rank them from best to okay, then it would be MDR, EV, and ETT so that should answer your question? =p As much as I like Salman, I was expecting a bit more from ETT. It seems kinda dull and there wasn't really a story in the film, although I do like the action. EV was a good film and quite funny, too. I wasn't expecting the French guy to fall for her. Sridevi's hubby and her daughter were such idiots - I wanted to strangle both of them.

Lastly, MDR. I really, really liked it. It was like watching Veer+Prem. Their past life was just sad. As they fall off the cliff and hoping Ram could have got her but didn't, it was heartbreaking. The action was pretty good and well done. The songs were good too, but I really liked the OST. Ram is actually attractive. Hehehe. Kajal is cute looking - she was really pretty as the princess. The villian guy wasn't too bad looking either. I like that Solomon/Sher Khan guy - he is funny. I was surprised to see Kim Sharma. I will try the other Southern films you mentioned now - hopefully they are as good. Oh, if you do follow his works, Ram will be making his Bollywood debut in the Zanjeer remake. I saw the original and it's good. Arjun Rampal was supposed to be in the film and play as his BFF, but darn, something happened so he no longer will be in it. Sad for me... *sigh

Sain

sarNie Juvenile
I just recently watched Vivah again. I'm sooo in love with Shahid and Amrita all over again!

I liked Ek Tha Tiger! In terms of acting, Katrina is not there but I love her appearance and presence. Salman was great as always! I really enjoyed it!

I love Fanaa!!! I have always wanted Aamir and Kajol to pair up since Ishq days and it came true! Their chemistry is beyond words! I sooo wish they will reunite again in the future but I doubt it!

I'm an oldie,

Aaina - One of my most favorite films of Juhi Chawla!
Kabhie Kabhie
Yeh Vaada Raha - I absolutely so love Tina Munim!
Chandni
Dilwale Kabhi Na Hare - I love loveee Rahul Roy!
Dil - Aamir and Madhuri!
Maine Pyar Kiya - Salman and Bhagyashree!
Deewana - Divya Bharti will always be remember! She's one of a kind!
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai - Salman's entrance in the film!
Karan Arjun - Shahrukh and Kajol!
Dil Kya Kare

I have way too many to name. I'll stop here for now.