Fill To Completion :: Anne/Ken

fun

Expired Sarnie
Hmmm…Andy thought, leaving the lot, Ken’s never mean to any woman. In fact, he loves all of them. He must really not like this one to refuse her a signature….

lmao. he is never man to any woman. :lol:

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
006 - Florist

“I’ve brought someone to meet you�

“who?� Janie asked, “does this have anything to do with my missing florist?�

Andy smiled a little chagrined, “yes…and I felt so bad about forgetting that I got you the best one.�

“sure about that?�

He nodded, “yes, speaking of which, here she is now.�

Anne walked in, led to the parlor by the maid.

Andy stood up to guide her in further and introduced to two women, “Anne this is my sister Janie, the bride to be and Janie, this is your florist Anne.�

“hi, pleasure to meet you,� Anne said, extending her hand.

“likewise,� Janie replied, now seeing why her brother was so ecstatic about the florist. She was really…well beautiful. She had porcelain white skin, round wide eyes and an elegance about her that surprised Janie.

“so what’s your experience with weddings?� Janie asked, jumping into it right away.

Anne looked a bit uncomfortable, having assumed Andy had told Janie of her inexperience with weddings. Luckily, Andy realized his mistake and took the fault for it.

“actually, I forgot to tell you Janie, she’s just recently acquired the business and has more experience in delivery but her business boasts an incredible 50 years of floral delivery. And I must say, that she is incre—“

“ok, ok,� exclaimed Janie, stopping her brother from rambling on in defense of his florist choice, “so you’ve never done a wedding before. Point taken, but my brother seems to believe you can do it so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. If you don’t mind my asking, how did you come to acquire a floral business?�

“no, not at all,� Anne replied, surprised by Janie’s quick acceptance, “its my grandfather’s business. He’s worked there his entire life but he’s getting older and his health is suffering so I’ve taken over…�

“so you’re not originally a florist?�

“no, I have a degree in management and communications.�

Janie looked contemplative, “so you’re not planning on using your degree?�

Anne was a little taken aback, she hadn’t really thought about anything beyond saving her grandfather’s business, “I would, eventually but if I cant pick up my grandfather’s small business then it should be a good indicator of my ability to do bigger things. I’m not a florist but I’ve lived in a floral shop my entire life, if I haven’t done it, I’ve seen how its been done and can emulate it and modify it.�

Janie nodded, impressed. Anne couldn’t be that much younger than her, in fact they were probably around the same age but she had a drive that was consistent with the look in her eyes, that look of hunger to prove herself and to break free of society’s restraints. That was admirable and she found she liked Anne.

“good,� she replied, smiling, “lets begin.�

“tnank you,� Anne replied, pulling out a notepad, “now what are your colors?�

Andy suddenly stood up, “I think its time I go….�

“you’re not staying?� Anne asked, unsure of why she thought he would considering his job was done.

Heartened, he replied, “I’m sure you ladies will get more done with me out of the way, I’ll be back later though..�

She nodded, “alright, see you then..�

Janie watched the exchange with a little big of excitement and amusement. Andy seems to have taken a special interest in her florist and that was rare indeed. She turned back to Anne.

“I have a few colors in mind but im not certain yet…maybe you could help…my dress is an off-white, not really ivory, more on the lighter cream side..�

Anne nodded, “are you open to non-traditional color palettes?�

“yes.�

Anne thought for a second, “how about using peach and fuchsia plum with a dusty gold accent?�

Janie scrunched her brows, trying to imagine the color combination in her mind, “I like it…� she said finally, “I think that would be a beautiful combination and would go perfectly with my dress….I can imagine my bouquet already…but first is first, I need invitations, something a little out of the ordinary…with flowers…�

Anne thought aloud, “out of the ordinary…..have you considered lasered flowers?�

“lasered flowers?� Janie replied, “like at society functions and fundraisers, the roses with writing right?�

Anne nodded, “yes, its traditionally done on white roses but I was thinking peach roses…�

“that is different, I like it…� Janie replied, excited, “and modern…but how do I send roses in the mail?�

“well I was thinking of actually having petals lasered instead of the whole flower and then mounting them into the shape of a flower on card stock for the invitation…that way you still have a paper invitation but with a little twist…that way you can still deliver them over the mail…what do you think?�

Janie smiled, “I knew I had good instincts about you, I love the idea…what about my wedding party? I’d like them to have more personalized invitations�

“do they all reside in town?�

Janie nodded.

“then how about we send them the actual lasered rose and they can be hand delivered, courtesy of the Little Pearl?�

“great idea,� she said, jumping on board, “will it be possible to have them all delivered by the end of this week?�

“the lasered roses can be delivered by the end of this week but the rest of the invitations will probably have to go out early next week depending on the print shop.�

Janie nodded in accordance, “yes, that’s fine too.�

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
007 - May Day

“come in..� Ken called, replying to the soft knock on his door

His secretary Nu came in, carrying the flowers from a few days ago, “sir, what would you like me to do with these?�

“oh..� he uttered, he had completely forgotten about them and had just left them on his desk. He supposed the cleaning crew brought them out to Nu’s desk. “is there a card?�

Nu glanced down at the batch of peonies and pulled a tiny card out, “yes, here you are..�

“thanks,� he said, taking the card from her. On the top it read: The Little Pearl. Flipping it open, he read the contents, printed, “Hi, honey, welcome home from your trip. Call me when you get these! Love, May.�

“May…� he thought aloud, trying to rack his brain for memory of her, “Nu, do I know a May?� He didn’t feel the slightest shame asking her; Nu’s memory was great, not only that she was completely loyal.

“yes sir,� she replied, “she went to school with you, her father owns real estate across the country but you’ve only interacted with her twice I think, right before you left to Hong Kong. She was your date to the Diabetes fundraiser.�

“right..� he said, remembering who she was talking about, “the tall one…well you can just toss them, they’re almost dead anyways.�

Nu looked down at the peonies in her hand, “are you sure? Would you like me to send her a reply?�

“No.� ken answered crisply, “better not to encourage her.�

Nu nodded, this was typical of her boss. At least he didn’t encourage them when they got too attached but it would be nice if he committed to someone for once. She couldn’t blame him though, the way women hunted him like he was some prize, of course he wouldn’t trust that they wanted him for anything other than his money.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

“Noy did that lady at the petal place send the fax yet? How come he hasn’t called? It’s been five days�

Noy nodded, “yes, I left it on your desk a few days ago. Here….�

May snatched it impatiently, checking over the signature. “He did sign it!� she screamed, furious, “then why hasn’t he called!�

Noy winced at the screeching noise, “I don’t know miss…�

“perhaps he didn’t like the flower that little petal delivered! This is all your fault!�

“I’m sorry miss…� noy pleaded, ducking her mistress’s angry tirade.

“no! get out! I’ll call him myself!’

Noy scrambled out, nearly avoiding the pillow May threw.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Sir, there’s a call here for you from a Miss. May Rogers.�

“May, the one that sent the flowers?�

“yes, I suspect so…she sounds…angry…�

“just tell her the usual Nu, I’m busy…�

“ok…�

[ 30 minutes later ]

“sir?�

“yes?� ken asked, speaking into the speaker

Nu sounded panicked and rushed, “Miss May is here….and she’s com---“

But the door swung open before Nu could finish and Ken knew exactly what she was going to say.

“May..� he stammered, nearly falling out of his seat in shock.

“Ken ka…how come you didn’t call?� She wined, coming up to his desk “I sent you flowers with a note saying to call when you get them…did that bicth forget the card!? “

“No,� he replied angrily, “don’t call her that. I got the card.� Hearing May called Anne that struck a nerve…and he didn’t even know the woman but it angered him all the same…

“then why didn’t you call?�

“I’ve only been back a few days…I’m busy…� he replied, letting his irritation become evident.

May stammered a little, seeing he was getting angry. Perhaps he was busy after all…besides the weekend was approaching…

“oh…ok…I’ll forgive you as long as you take me out to dinner tonight..and out to---“

But thankfully she was interrupted by a buzz from Nu.

Quickly he picked it up, “yes?�

“Sir, delivery for you..it needs your signature..�

“send them in..� he replied, glad for the interruption.

The door slid open and in came the perfect segway out…he could see his escape already.

“Anne,� he greeted, smiling broadly, beckoning her forth.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
008 - Anne to the Rescue

“Anne?� May asked, eyes threatening to fall out of their sockets, “you know the delivery girl by name?�

Anne sputtered, not sure she heard right. Was she really being patronized by a monkey a heels, “are you implying im beneath a name?� Anne asked, letting her anger get the better of her as she approached the screeching woman.

Ken was about to respond in defense of Anne but shut his mouth, wondering what she was going to do next finding he was a little amused by her reaction.

“of course,� May replied insolently, folding her arms like she owned the world, “your name is irrelevant, just do your job.�

Anne’s jaw dropped. She assumed Ken was a no-good arrogant rich boy who dated anything and everything but really, even someone like that was a low…returning to the woman she replied, “and does yours require a name? or does your job only require a skirt and legs?�

May’s eyes bulged, her hands shaking in fury. Ken worked hard to keep from laughing outright at Anne’s jab.

“Ken!� she screamed, “are you going to let her say that to me?�

Immediately he straightened up and looked from one woman to the other. May was nearly hyperventilating in anger, Anne merely raised a brow at him and dared him to say something.

“Anne is Andy’s florist, actually she also delivered the flowers you sent me,� he said, unable to decide which one was angrier.

“you’re her, the girl on the phone? No wonder…� May sneered, folding her arms, “cant even deliver flowers correctly, how can you possibly be a florist….�

“how am I not surprised that you’re the who called about the flowers, should’ve know…� Anne replied, shaking her head sarcastically, “really, could’ve fooled me…only difference is I guess, in person you’re much louder, more irritating and did I mention ignorant?�
Before May could scream some more, he grabbed her and stuck his palm against her mouth, “enough, both of you…why don’t we just be cordial to---“

But Anne interrupted his little attempt at peace, “love to, but I’ve gotta get going…take this, sign it and I’ll go…� she handed him a long box covered in white embossed paper.

“what is it?� he asked, taking it from her

“Ahhhhh,� May screamed, bringing both their attentions back to her, “just sign it and make her leave!�

Anne smiled sweetly at her and then turned a dark look onto ken, “my thoughts exactly.�

“just a minute.� He said. He took the package and opened it, revealing a long peach colored rose. The stem was halfway wrapped in purple ribbon. Taking a closer look at the rose, he saw there was writing on it, lasered in fact:

You are cordially invited to the wedding ceremony of
Janie Gregson, daughter of Robert and Malee Gregson and Derick Willington, son of Hubert and Orathai Willington
At the Sun Paladin Hotel
On the eve of July the 17th

“Janie’s wedding invitation?�

Anne nodded, handing him the board, “sign.�

“Janie Gregson?� May interrupted, “She’s getting married?� she turned to Anne, “where’s mine?�

“yours?� Anne asked, incredulous at her crass. Why would anyone ask that?

“yes, mine,� May replied haughtily, “unlike you, I have connections in society…my mother was friend to Janie’s mother before they moved overseas, of course I should be getting my invitation too..so where is it? Did you deliver it to my house?�

Anne laughed outright. She couldn’t believe the things that came out of that woman’s mouth, “no.�

“what do you mean no?� May asked, fuming again.

Anne was about to tell her off and tell her how wrong she was but instead said, “actually these are invitations for the members of the wedding party only…the invitations for general guests go out next week…so I suspect you’ll know then. Good day�

But before she could leave ken took a hold of her arm and spun her around, refusing to let go, “actually, did you forget something?�

She looked at him, motioning for him to release her, “in fact I did, I need the signature.�

“ken just sign it so she’ll get out and we can make our plans for dinner!� May screamed, trying to pull Ken off of Anne.

“yeah, KEN…� Anne reiterated, “sign it.�

“actually, why don’t I sign it when while we go over the plans during our dinner meeting…� He answered giving her a hard look meaning for her to comply.

“what!� both girls exclaimed.

“yeah, remember Anne, we had that appointment to discuss the thing for Janie’s wedding anyways…�

“no, I don’t remember.� Anne answered, seeing where he was going. He was not going to use her to get out of a date with that woman.

“But Ken!� May screamed, getting tired of being ignored. She skipped a facial appointment for this, she had better get a date out of it.

“no, I’m sorry May,� Ken replied, “Anne’s Janie’s florist for the wedding, and I’m part of the wedding party, we’ve got things to discuss…�

“WE DO N—“

But Ken interrupted her before she could say it, “we do remember?� and then under a low voice he mumbled, “or do you not want that signature?�

Her eyes widen, not believing he would use that to get to her. She debated what to do in her head. She could just ignore him and leave without a signature and have to come back for it which was a dark prospect indeed or she could just go along with his plan, get his signature and leave as soon as she gets it. He wasn’t really intending to take her to dinner anyways, he only said it to get rid of that woman May. She thought the latter was her best bet. She really did not want to come back to his office a fourth time.

“right.� She answered, huffing as if she’d given up.

“well, look at the time,� ken exclaimed, glad that he wouldn’t have to use force on her after all, “we must be going…these plans are urgent, theres not much time left…�

“what about me?� May interjected, “what about our date?�

“another time…� ken answered, pulling Anne out of there before May could say another word.

“you do realize you left her in YOUR office don’t you?� Anne asked, as the door shut behind them.

“No time, run! Before she decides to follow!�

sindu17

sarNie Hatchling
soooo good!! Can't wait till Ken finds out about Anne-Andrew flirtation...he's going to blow a fuse...excellent slap/kiss time...(hint,hint)...lol :D :D

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
thanks for reading guys...really appreciate it...still getting used to writting again so my vocabulary and grammar may still be a bit unrefined..lol...anyways i made a new poster for this...i will update tomorrow...im trying to keep my chapters short and sweet so that i can update more rapidly

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
009 - dinner

“I’ll take that signature now.� Anne announced as soon as they stepped outside Ukon Tower.

“you’ll get it…� he said, walking up towards the street.

“what do you mean I’ll get it?� she demanded following him.

“after dinner.�

“I’m not going to dinner with you!� she cried, exasperated.

“you agreed.�

“I thought we were just pretending so you can get out of there!�

“no,� he replied simply, “I said we’ve got a dinner date and you agreed.�

“to play a part so I can get my signature,� she explained, “why are we standing here anyways?�

But before he could answer a sleek black car came zooming up and stopped right in front of them. The driver got out and came around to greet ken and Anne and open the doors for them.

“after you…� Ken said, indicating where he’d like her to enter.

She folded her arms, “no.�

“you have to.�

“why?�

“because she’s still watching from my office.�

“no she’s not!� Anne retorted, immediately looking up at the tower to see if May was really looking but the sun cast a stark glare on her eyes and she could barely see past the 10th floor.

“yes she is!� Ken exclaimed hurriedly pushing Anne into the car, “hurry, she’s just turned from the window, probably to come down here.�

“hey wai---“

But before she could utter a further complaint, Ken jumped in next to her, shut the door and called for the driver to go. Screeching out of there, Anne couldn’t help but think this driver had special experience with getting Ken out of sticky situations with women. This only made her more irritated, she certainly did not want to be involved in any of those escapades.

“let me out!�

“we’re on the road.�

“then pull over and let me out!�

“can’t, dangerous.�

“we’re the only car on the road!�

“but we’re going really fast you see…�

“well then tell him to slow down.�

“he can’t.�

“why not!�

“he only drives this speed.�

“oh my gosh!� she cried, frustrated, “are you seriously kidnapping me in the middle of the day?�

He shrugged and continued staring ahead like there was in no way anything wrong with that idea.

“you know,� she continued, brows furrowed at him, “kidnapping is illegal in the country of Thailand and most other countries in the world!�

He chuckled, liking her sarcasm, “so you’re a kid then?�

“no.�

“you just said—“

“fine!� she replied, “adult napping, whatever you’d like to call it!�

“but you said KIDNAPPING is illegal, not adult napping.�

“they entail the same thing!�

“I don’t read into laws, I take it at face value and you said so yourself earlier that only kidnapping is illegal so---“

“people napping is illegal! Period!�

“urg!!!� she exclaimed, irritated beyond belief that she couldn’t find any argument to his childish logic, “fine!�

And with that she rolled the window down and tried a different escaping technique, “help!� she screamed, “I’m being kidnapped! Probably going to get raped too! Help!!�

But her cries for help was suddenly sharply muffled by a rough palm on her mouth. Feeling her body jerked backwards, she suddenly came into contact with ken’s hard body, one of his arms enclosing her waist, the other one still on her mouth.

“I’m not going to rape you!� he muttered, “we’re only going to dinner woman!�

Pulling all her strength together, she started to struggle, pushing, kicking, and even biting. But he was too strong for her and was able to hold her tightly, in fact getting tighter, the more she struggled to get free.

“let me go!� she screamed

“sweetheart, I’ll let you go as soon as you promise to calm down.�

“fine, I promise.�

“and what do I get if you don’t?�

“whatever you want.� She replied, carelessly saying whatever he wanted to hear so she can escape.

“good.� He said, letting go of her, “see that’s not so hard now is it?�

A dark look hovered in her eyes for only a flash of a second. She took that moment to compose herself and finally turned to him with a sweet little smile.

“right.�

Just then they arrived at the restaurant. Anne stepped out, looking up at the sign. “The Golden Room.� She read aloud.

“yes,� ken said, stepping out beside her, “they’re a little higher priced but they make really good food.�

“higher price?� asked, arching a brow.

He nodded and grabbed her hand to make for the doors.

Immediately pulling away from his hold, “I can go myself thank you.�

Once inside they were led to a special table in the back by a hostess ken seems to know well. She kept winking at him like she was going to help make sure he gets an extra special amount of gravy on his potatoes or something. The way women treated him like they worshipped him made her so irritated. These women need hobbies, she thought.

She left to grab drinks and give them a moment to order.

“so what would you like to eat?� ken asked, not believing that she hadn’t complained a bit since they got inside.

Anne glanced down at the menu, pretending to concentrate hard, “I can have anything?� she asked, fluttering her lashes.

“anything.�

The hostess came back and placed a bottle of wine on their table, handing ken a black folder, “for the wine,� she explained, “the owner requests that all Satori wines ordered on tabs be signed as they are a little more expensive.

Ken nodded and quickly scratched at the receipt handing it back to her. “thank you,� he said, and then gave her his order.

“what about you miss?� she asked.

Anne smiled, “I would like number 2 for starters, and number 4 because I’ve always wanted to try those.�

Ken smiled, glad that she felt comfortable about taking his offer to order whatever she liked. And then she continued and she scrunched his brows at her.

“and the number 6 salad, the 15 entrée, also the 18, the 19 and heck, lets throw in the 21 too…�

“is that al—�

“oh can’t forget desert,� she continued, interrupting the hostess, “I would like the 31, 34, 35 and 37 if possible. And another Satori wine, your oldest please�

“certainly,� she said, giving ann a nice big smile, knowing all that would add up to a little over 20,000 baht ensuring her a nice big tip.

Ken folded his arms, frowning at her. He knew a little girl like Anne couldn’t eat all that. She was probably just trying to annoy him. Well that wouldn’t matter, it didn’t matter how much she made him spend, as long as she has to suffer his company a little longer.

“so,� he said, “you like snails?�

“huh� she replied.

“number 19 is a snail delicacy.�

“oh..� she replied, her face a little contorted in disgust, “well there’s no time like today to try new things.�

“my philosophy exactly.� He replied, folding her arms and leaning back in his chair, “I’m so glad your willing to try dried fish eggs on top of octopus.�

Her eyes bulged and she looked like she was going to be sick. She should’ve looked at what she was ordering, she just started naming numbers and it turns out she wasn’t going to like any of it.

“yep, so brave…� he commented, “such a risk taker, cause you know, 21 is the best of all, I think it was various organs wrapped in pig skin served atop a fresh piece of lettuce.�

She groaned, “I’ll be right back,� she said, making to head to the bathroom.

He grinned after her, feeling a little vindicated. In fact the restaurant only served chicken and beef, they didn’t even serve seafood.

Anne breathed, walking to the bathroom but on the way she bumped into someone, “sorry,� she said.

It was the hostess, with what she assumed to be their second bottle of Satori wine, “its alright, I was just heading to your table.�

Anne grinned, “you know, you’re really pretty.�

The hostess smiled demurely, “thank you miss.�

“I’m Anne, Mr. Theedarath’s secretary. He has an event he has to go to next week, would you be terribly bothered if I asked you to go in my place? Its just you would look so much better on his arm and I have a sick grandmother..�

The hostess nodded, “yes.� She replied quickly, “I would love to.�

“good good..� Anne replied, “well I’m going to go freshen up, can you just do me one more favor?�

“sure, anything.�

“can you just give this for him to sign too, I totally forgot about it, it’s the flower delivery slip from this morning from the florists, you can just put it with the Satori tab.�

“no problem at all,� she replied excitedly putting the sheet in with the bill.

Anne smiled and made her way to the bathroom. Standing close to the door she gave the hostess a minute and then stepped out just as the she returned.

“oh,� she replied, “surprised, here’s the flower slip, I was going to leave it at the table for you but I thought I might bring it out later with the final check, anyways here you go.�

Anne grinned sweetly, taking the sheet, “thank you, I have a little..uh..womanly issue, I’ve gotta go to the car to grab my bag, could you please give this note to Mr. Theedarath for me just so he doesn’t wonder why im taking so long.�

“sure.� She replied.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Mr. Theedarath, this is for you.�

Ken looked up and grabbed the note from the hostess, “who is—“

“your secretary Anne.�

“secretary?� he took the sheet and flipped it open.

Thank you for the gruesome meal. I’m sorry I had to leave early but im sure your hostess can keep you company, you might as well get to know her, since your taking her to a special event next week courtesy of your secretary’s invitation. Also, thanks for the signature and enjoy your Satori.

He glanced up and saw the hostess’s expectant smile, “would you like my card so you can call me next week for the event?� she asked.

Ken groaned, crushing the note in his hands. He couldn’t believe she did that, all at once. She tricked him into signing her for the flowers, got him a date for an imaginary event, and abandoned him with 21,000 bahts worth of food. He was not going to let her off easy. In fact, his new date would probably like some flowers for their little imaginary event; it seems the little pearl might be the best place to order it.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
funny and nice...super great update...i wonder what ken will have in store for ann^^

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Pbv, I've always enjoyed your fan fics, this is no exception. I like the words you use and your style of writing. I really wish Ann and Andrew would start together in a lakorn. This would make for a great lakorn. I can't wait to see what happens next. *rubbing hands together* Thanks for sharing your talent with us! I am going to pin this story. Please continue it, na?!

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
010 - Invitations

Ken got home and tossed his jacket on the couch, loosening his tie. Thinking back to the other day when Anne left him stranded with the food, he frowned. It took him upwards of an hour to get the hostess off of him and to convince her that his secretary had gotten it wrong and in fact the event wont happen for a few months and that he’d call her then. After that she asked him for his personal number so that she may call him to remind him to call her when the event would happen. He then proceeded to explain to her that he didn’t have a cell phone at the moment which she responded with disbelief and something about how can a business man not have a cell phone in which case he replied back that he accidently dropped his and was having it fixed at the shop and currently he was conducting his business through his secretary’s blackberry and he didn’t feel comfortable giving out other’s phone numbers. Finally after promising get permission from his secretary to give out her number to the hostess, she agreed to let him go home.

Just then his father walked into the parlor and sat down across from him.

“how was your day son?�

“usual.�

“well I hope you have a stint of energy left in you because you’ll need it.�

“for what?�

“I need you to call Malee, the time approaches.�

“not that again father?�

“you can’t escape it Ken, its your destiny…�

“father, I’ve already told you, I am willing to give her half…�

“but she’s not willing….the fact of the matter is, according to law, if Malee doesn’t accept your offer, you fall down to 15% and she walks away with the rest….�

“but what about her daughter?�

“according to Malee, her daughter knows her duty and has accepted…son, its not like you don’t know her, you’ve known her almost all your life…�

“yeah, except for the last seven years, that’s a large chunk of adulthood, you cant say people don’t change in that time…�

“im not saying that…what im saying is give it a chance…�

“but they broke the contract once, why can’t we?�

“the contract states the two oldest heirs of both fortunes should share the company equally, they didn’t break the contract, its been reinterpreted and revised to fit the current situation…if Malee’s daughter had been a son then you would not have to do this but the fact is, the board has decided and the shareholders follow…�

“why wont Malee just accept the 50%?�

“I don’t know son, I just know she wont, she’s a very traditional woman you know that, she abides by the law and that contract is binding by law…�

“if the laywers can revise the contract, why cant they just do it again and force her to accept the terms?�

“because the laywers are obligated by the board’s rule and board has decided this is the best path to follow…�

“isn’t there anything we can do, don’t we pay the board?�

“yes but the board acts as equalizer you know that…they do what you and the shareholders want.. if you don’t have shareholders, you lose your investment and the company stock will fall…we’ve gone over this time and again…you need to just accept it..i’ve given you everything you’ve ever wanted and this is the only thing I ask of you…�

Ken hung his head, frustrated, “I know….i’ll think about it….�

“the time draws nearer son…�

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Anne, what are you doing here?� Andy asked, surprised.

“I brought your sister’s shower flowers for her bridal shower tonight..�

“great, she’s in the sun room, I’ll take you…� he said, offering his arm.

She took his arm and walked with him.

Ring, ring…

“sorry about that..� he mumbled taking his phone out of his pocket.

“this is Andy..�

“where are you?�

“at home, whats up?�

“I need a drink, wanna come?�

“uh…hold on…� said andy, turning his attention back to Anne, “my sister is right through that door…�

“thanks� Anne said, taking his direction and walking towards the door into the sunroom.

“who’s that?� ken asked, on the line.

“oh, its Anne..�

“whats she doing there?�

“bringing the shower flowers my sister ordered for tonight…�

“oh..� Ken replied, somewhat glad that Anne wasn’t there for other purposes.

“so you’re going for a drink?�

“yeah…I need something to hit hard right now…�

“that bad huh? Yeah, I’ll be there, hey why don’t I bring Janie’s husband to be and you can compare notes?�

“real funny…I’ll meet you at the usual then…�

Andy hung up and followed Anne through the door arriving just in time as Janie was introducing Anne to her fiancé.

“so I see you’ve met my brother in law?� he said, interjecting himself into the conversation.

“yes,� she replied, “very charming.�

“not quite as charming as me I hope?� Andy said playfully to which they all laughed.

“when you’re not being a pesky brat..� Janie replied, saving anne from having to respond.

Andy grinned sheepishly, “no lie, so why don’t we men leave you ladies alone and go do our manly men things..�

“like what?� Janie eyed him suspiciously

“like have a little goodbye freedom drink…�

“real funny…but that’s alright, the girls will be arriving soon, you boys may leave….�

“thanks!� both her fiancé and brother replied.

“it was nice meeting you Anne,� her faince said as a last note, “and I’ll see you later love..�

And with final goodbyes the boys left.

“well I just came to deliver the roses, I’ll be off…�

“no, no…� Janie interrupted, “stay, enjoy the shower with me, you deserve it…�

“oh no, I wouldn’t want to impose…�

“no, I insist, in fact you’re practically planning my wedding with me…stay…�

“you’re sure?� anne asked, uncertain…

Janie nodded enthusiastically.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After the introductions Ken felt a bit more comfortable with the situation and thought Janie’s fiancé was genuinely nice. He listened to Ken explain his issue and offered some pretty good advice along with numbers of his own lawyers.

“so theres no escaping then?� Andy asked, watching Ken down another shot.

“nope,� he shook his head, “I’m just delaying as long as possible…�

“well…you can just give it all up and walk away…�

“cant,� ken replied helplessly, “my father and his worked years for this company…if I walk away, they lose it all…�

“you never know…something good might come out of it…�

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Back at Andy’s house, the shower was already well in way when the maid came in announcing another guest.

“A Ms. May Rogers.�

Janie nodded, trying to remember the name.

“Janie!� May exclaimed, pulling her into a half hug, “how are you? Congraguations!�

“thanks…� Janie replied still confused, “um who---“

“I’m May remember, Maya Roger’s daughter?�

“oh…� Janie replied, remembering her mother’s old friend, “hi…’

“I knew you’d remember! Ijust came over to personally wish you congratuations and well my maid, she’s so daft, she must have misplaced our invitation, I just wanted to personally rsvp so that your wedding plans wont be confundled by my maid’s mistake…�

“your maid isn’t to blame..� Anne jumped in, unable to stop herself. The lengths this woman went to amazed her.

“Anne!� two voices said at once.

Everyone looked around, one came from May, the other from the door. It was ken and andy and janie’s fiancé.

“Ken!� may squealed excitedly, going over to him.

Janie looked between the two, noticing the disgustd look on Ken’s face. Her lips curved into a devious little smile.

“May here was just coming by to explain about her lost invitation…actually May I didn’t send you one…�

“you didn’t?� May asked, looking contrite for the first time.

Anne laughed silently, maybe she did really expect one.

“no,� Janie continued, “I knew your mother was out of town and I would’ve sent you one but everyone knows you and ken are so close..i just thought he was going to bring you as his date anyways…�

May squealed again happily, “oh Janie, you’re so kind to think of me that way…�

Ken glared at Janie and she only smiled, “yes….�

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
011 – The big day

“Did you see the look on his face?� Janie exclaimed, face flushed, giddy with excitement.

Anne stared. In all the weeks she’s worked with Janie on her wedding, the woman had never exhibited a disposition other than practiced elegance and here she was, on the verge of hollering and whooping at what she thought was a conquest in her favor.

“yes…� Anne answered, purely for the reason of answering though she didn’t really get Janie’s excitement. Perhaps Janie didn’t know May that well, “I mean, I have my own reasons to ruffle his feathers but have you taken a serious look at May? You saw her barge in uninvited, I shudder to think what she would do at the wedding.�

Janie shrugged, unaffected, “whatever antics May brings is worth the suffering on Ken’s part…come on, don’t tell me he actually likes her. I thought by the look on his face when he saw her at my house the other day that he was more horrified to see her than anything else, and that’s completely perverse for ken let me tell you…he never dislikes a woman, in fact, he seems to love all of them, but he must have known her a little longer than he likes or else he would allow her fawning to continue, the only time he dislikes them is when they get too attached…I can’t help if it gives me slight pleasure to see him squirm in discomfort…�

Anne eyed Janie suspiciously. Ken’s inability to commit didn’t surprise her, she picked up on the notion right away. And sure, the thought of ken suffering through a night with May brought great pleasure to her as well but as far as she knew, Ken, Janie, and Andy all grew up together; you’d think they’d take each other’s sides.

Janie saw the look of question in Anne’s expression and sighed, realizing she had to explain herself. “oh alright, I have another reason as well…�

Anne scooted forward, “dish.�

“well, Andy and ken grew up together so naturally they’re best friends…I used to have, lets say a slight infatuation with him (this was before I knew about his noncommittal ways,) anyways Andy always thought it was just a crush but I started talking to ken and becoming his friend as well…�

“and you guys dated?� Anne asked, having never thought of the beautiful and poised Janie as someone Ken’s dated.

“oh god no,� Janie replied, doing a slight shake, repulsed by the idea, “thank goodness….but I really did think we were getting close to it…that is until he introduced me to his girlfriend of 2 months....�

Anne’s expression changed to one of both understanding and empathetic pity, “oh…�

“don’t feel too maudlin, I’ve never been more glad of something not happening in my life…especially now that I’ve found someone who wholly completes me but I’ve still wanted to get back at him just a tad bit ever since, nothing too harsh mind you, I really wasn’t as crushed as I thought at the time, but just a little pain in return for the time I invested would allow me great peace to move on…�

Anne laughed, glad that someone as incorrigible as ken didn’t scar Janie beyond her teenage years, “well then I suppose having May as his date at a close family event like this would do the trick…�

Janie nodded mischievously, “I should think so….�

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“she did it on purpose!�

Andy nodded, holding back a grin, “probably.�

“I mean, you’d think after 7 years she’d be over it!�

Andy half shrugged, enjoying his scotch, “naturally.�

“and Anne! Oh, she must have put Janie up to it! Women! They’re all conspiring to defeat the male race!�

Andy nodded a bit, “possible.�

“I mean I had good reason to do what I did, but what reason did she have to strap May on me for a whole day and night?�

Andy sighed, realizing it was time he started offering more than one word replies or ken would keep ranting all night, “look Ken, you broke her heart….of course she’d want just a bit of revenge…�

“it’s been seven years!�

“women don’t forget, young or not…come on, hasn’t any of your other 50,000 ex girlfriends exacted some sort of revenge on you for letting them go? I’d say her choice of retribution is rather minor…�

“but I had a reason for doing it!�

“yes but she doesn’t know that…�

Ken growled, rubbing his forehead white in frustration, “if I told her why do you think she’d get me out of it?�

Andy laughed, finding hilarity in Ken’s predicament. Ken usually made sure he didn’t involve himself with one woman for more than two weeks, two and a half tops and here he was, unable to get out of a situation that would take him over his limit, pushing it past four, “probably not, she’d just reason it with revenge for women in general, you know how they are, they band together like they were born for all the same purpose.�

“the annihilation of men.� Ken agreed, defeated.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Anne sighed, feeling a mix of contentment and admittedly, a bit of self pity. She’d never seen a more beautiful wedding; it was like a feature straight out of Bridal Today and probably would extend its life there next but somewhere inside, in the deteterminatly suppressed and more shame eliciting recesses of her heart she wanted to wallow a bit in her unfortunate dawning that this project was completed. Her job was over and she was back to square one…though she knew this job would produce more business (Janie wouldn’t stop talking about her floral abilities to anyone that would listen,) the Little Pearl for the moment was still dying and falling behind despite her efforts to keep it alive. The crux of the matter was that people don’t use flowers like they used to. Where before you’d apologize, declare your love, and court another with a bouquet of flowers, today you’d send an email, or a nice animated ecard…it was a little heartbreaking to tell the truth…although she barely ever succumbed to defeat, matters were getting dire…the flower business barely supported their living and lately her grandfather has been acting…off…she knew something was wrong but she didn’t want to ask, he’d only become defensive…he’d been reasoning his attitude to her associating herself with ‘these people’ as he called them…her grandfather was hardly ever judgmental but he seemed to have less patience for the rich than he had for the poor.

Whatever the case, she would have to find out what was wrong before she made a more major commitments to other projects.

Turning her attention back to the Reception she heard applause, assuming that meant the announcement of the newly wed couple she joined in and pushed her worries into the back of her mind for a rainy day.

“she looks really happy.� Andy commented from beside her.

Anne nodded, smiling, “she does.�

The happy couple started making their rounds, greeting all their guests as was tradition. Andy offered to get Anne a glass of champagne with she accepted with haste, “thanks….�

He chuckled, “you worked hard all day, looks like you could use one.�

As soon as he was gone, another presence was by her side, breathing down her neck.

“where’s your date?�

Anne glared, unappreciative of his derisive tone, “getting me a glass of champagne to celebrate the night actually.�

Contrary to earlier beliefs, she didn’t derive that much pleasure out of seeing Ken suffer through the day with May as his date. He certainly looked uncomfortable having her cling onto him all night while he greeted relatives and important members of society but he spent the entirety of the time glaring daggers at her as if she had insisted Janie do this to him. In fact, were it her choice, she could rather not have May within 200 feet of her if she could help it.

May was not only the biggest nut job she’d ever seen, she was completely obnoxious, loud, patronizing, and self-important which is probably why she relates to ken so well. But ken seemed even more peeved tonight if it were possible. There was probably another ex girlfriend in the room or something because the moment he arrived and saw Anne and Andy he looked like he was about to blow a fuse. Andy kept attributing it to May’s presence but Anne knew there was something else. She didn’t know that much about Ken (which is how she’d like to keep it) but she knew the man was hardly ever angry. He spent most of his time flirting with anything that walked and indiscriminately teasing the female population, not being angry. But today, he was angry.

She could see it from the furrow in his brows and the way he clipped his replies, as if he were trying to deal with multiple annoyances. But whatever it was that bothered him, he seemed to have taken to attributing her as the cause because whenever she caught his eye, he glared at her, seeming to direct all his anger in her direction. Which didn’t make sense because he knew Janie was the one who came up with this plan. He probably thought she egged Janie on or something and didn’t want to direct his anger at the bride on her wedding day so deflected it to her accomplice, which, in this case was Anne.

Personally she didn’t care. She was just trying to do her job and being Andy’s date was just icing on the cake. Janie had asked her to attend the ceremony and the reception but she had declined, saying it wouldn’t be professional but Janie was as insistent as ever, quilting her over by saying she’d come to think of Anne as a friend and was saddened that Anne still thought theirs a business relationship. Unable to deny such a request, she agreed but was unprepared for the next one which came immediately after. Janie proceeded to ask Anne to be Andy’s date for the wedding and started naming reasons for her to be his date which included extremes such as Anne needed someone to help her in case wedding crashers came and tried to hit on her or another incredibly well thought out one: Andy’s boutonnière might fall out and it would be handy to have Anne as his date to clip it back on.

After she still refused, Andy asked her personally and admitted he put his sister up to it (not the inviting her to the wedding part, the date part.) unable to turn away his pouting request, she accepted.

And here she was, waiting for him to get a drink while the one man she rather not see spoke to her accusingly.

“so…just a florist huh…�

She sucked in air, trying to be civil despite his insinuation.

“florist to some, date to others…all in a days work…� she replied airily, too tired to argue with him.

“so you agree you’re trying to hook Andy!� he accused, turning her to face him now.

She narrowed her eyes, letting go of the civil thing, “look,� she said, “I don’t have designs on your friend ok?�

“then why are you here with him?�

“he asked.�

“before or after you bed him?� he couldn’t help it, he was beyond mad.

Her eyes widened, “how dare you!� and before she knew it, she slapped him across the face, the sound of her palm against his flesh resounding for seconds.

Luckily everyone was too busy watching the bride and groom take pictures, no one saw.

Unluckily, he chose that moment for revenge, grabbing her face and thrusting his tongue down her throat. Punishing her, he delved, kissing her hard, satisfied that she wasn’t strong enough to break it.

Finally she mustered her mite and broke surface, pushing him off in sputters, “urgh, you disgust me!�

He smiled, changing demeanor, “oh come on, it wasn’t that bad…here let me have another go..�

She immediately scooted, bumping into a hard chest. Spinning she felt immediately relieved to find Andy behind her with two glasses.

“sorry it took so long, I was distracted by an business associate who wanted to talk about a new project…anyways heres yours…�

Handing it to her he finally noticed Ken standing not to far away, “oh Ken…where’s May?�

“gone I hope.� He muttered though he knew his wish was too good to be true. Speaking of which, she came trotting over, sliding her arm through his, “honey lets dance…the bride and groom already had theirs and now everyone can dance…�

Ken glanced over at Andy for help but none came because Janie and her groom walked over, making their way to the four.

“are you enjoying yourselves?� she asked, flushed from her first dance as a married woman.

Anne, Andy and may nodded enthusiastically, ken only gave a noncommittal grunt.

“well I’d like a word with Anne, I’ll leave you all here, honey why don’t you have a drink with the boys…�

Take Anne’s arm she guided them away. Once within distance she burst out laughing, “did you see his face….oh, he’s beyond angry…�

“yes� Anne answered, “at me.�

Janie frowned, “at you? But he knows I invited may as his date…�

Anne shrugged, “I think he’s mad because he thinks I’m trying to trick Andy out of his money…�

Janie laughed, “that does sound like him, player that he is, he’s extremely protective of Andy which is why I didn’t kill him years ago…anyways don’t worry about it, he hardly stays mad for long, he’s more into happy things like flirting and bedding.�

“that’s what I thought..� she muttered, not completely taking Janie’s word for it.

But before Janie could reply, a guest stopped her and greeted her with congratulations.

“thank you…� she said graciously, “ oh, this is my friend and florist for my wedding, Anne and Anne, this is the wife of Ken’s business partner, co-owner of Ukon Textiles, Marie.�

The woman nodded, “nice to meet you…�

“pleasure,� Anne replied, getting the feeling that the woman would rather dismiss her than meet her. She was short but still beautiful, maybe in her forties. She held a grandeur about herself, much like may but with more a haughtier attitude and less crass.

“have you done any other events?� she asked, as if distracted by something on her face, “I fell like I’ve seen you before.�
Anne shook her head, “no, this is my first…�

“well…you did a beautiful job…you must give me your card, I have a daughter who’s arriving back in Thailand soon and I need flowers for her presentation ball…�

“oh,� Anne replied, not expecting that from a woman who didn’t seem too interested in meeting her to begin with, “I don’t have any on me…�

“that’s alright, I’ll have Janie give me the information, she’s close with my daughter.�

“certainly,� Janie replied, glad to lend a hand in helping Anne’s business, “I’m excited for her return, how long will it be till she’s back?�

“just two weeks.�

Anne stood, watching them discuss her daughter’s return until someone waved the woman over and she left to greet them.

“don’t worry about her,� Janie said, catching the look on Anne’s face, “she’s rather….traditional, you know, blue blood, old money....�

“you said she owns half of Ukon?� Anne asked, unsure of what it was about the woman that piqued her interest.

“literately, half shares, half the tower…her husband and ken’s father and their fathers and the fathers before them started the business together with a merger a long time ago…the business thrives off the relationship…�

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
loving it^^ heehee a slap-and-kiss.....hmmm i have a feeling that marie's daughter will have an important role..possible a hook-up with ken idk...