Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Nameless

N i n j a
Final Fantasy Vll: Advent Children

Official Site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

Summary taken from IMDb.

Two years after the events in "Final Fantasy VII", a disease called 'Seikon-Shoukougun', or 'Geostigma', is spreading through the planet. This disease is believed to have been caused by the body fighting off foreign material that invaded the body two years earlier, at the end of "Final Fantasy VII". Guilt-ridden and haunted by his past, ex-SOLDIER Cloud Strife has decided to live a secluded, solitary life away from his friends while maintaining "Strife's Delivery Service", whose headquarters is located in Tifa Lockheart's bar, the Seventh Heaven. Tifa's bar serves as an orphanage for children stricken with Geostigma. Here, Tifa keeps an eye on Barret's six-year-old daughter, Marlene, while Barret searches the planet for an alternative energy source to the fossil fuel, Mako. One day, Cloud receives a phone call from the former Shinra, Inc. president, Rufus, asking him for protection from a mysterious man named Kadaj. Kadaj, in the meantime, along with his brothers Loz and Yazoo, are searching for their "mother", and seem to believe that Cloud knows where to find her. Meanwhile, Vincent Valentine has been wandering the planet gathering information on Kadaj's scheme, and Cloud and his friends must come together again to fight these new enemies.

Who has seen this movie? Hate it? Liked it? Speak your mind.

Muddie Murda

smile...
omg i'm still SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confused...

Is final fantasy a MOVIE or a game!?!???!!?!?!

Everyone keeps saying it's a game but I keep seeing things that make it look like a movie...

and now THIS thread. haha I'd like to see it too... ^_^

koishii

sarNie Fansubber
There's the Final Fantasy series game: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI and XII is coming up. There's a movie called Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. This movie, Advent Children, takes place a few years after the Final Fantasy VII game so it's like a continuation but as a movie. Get it, panda? lols

Muddie Murda

smile...
yus yus!!

so if I watch it now....would i understand atleast most of it??

or should i get addicted to the game, then watch, so I'd understand it? T_T

I've always wanted to watch final fantasy even when ppl said it was a game. haha It looks so purty with the colors and all...and the guys are hot and the girls are pretty....but idon't care about the girls...haha the guys are hot that's all.

I saw the mv "eyes on me"...very sweet/sad! :)

koishii

sarNie Fansubber
Hm, I don't think you need to play the game to understand the movie lols Not sure though, since I haven't seen the movie yet. Currently downloading it. But yeah, the guys in the games sure are hot lols You should watch the 'Suteki da Ne' MV too, beautiful song.

Muddie Murda

smile...
pass it to me tonight! lol or you can post it here..eh which ever suits your mood. I can tell you're bored. Spamming sarN and the other forums....

koishii

sarNie Fansubber
Yup, she does. There are so many trailers for this movie. There's a Cloud/Tifa camp and Cloud/Aeris camp. I'm in the former, in which are you? lols

Nameless

N i n j a
koishii said:
Yup, she does. There are so many trailers for this movie. There's a Cloud/Tifa camp and Cloud/Aeris camp. I'm in the former, in which are you? lols
[post="7252"][/post]​

I wanna watch the movie and see how it turns out and then I'll join one of the camps, lol.

koishii

sarNie Fansubber
Well, did you play the game or seen someone play it? You can make your mind with it lols Aeris is dead, unless they plan to revive her in the movie which I think would be very gay.

koishii

sarNie Fansubber
Same here. Aeris is too goody two shoes and like someone else said, the perfect image of a girl a guy can idolize. lols

Nameless

N i n j a
Pwhaha. My dl is finished. Gonna go watch.

Edit.

This movie kicks arse. I love everything about it. From the cg, to the setting to the storyline and the action scenes are the best. Even the soundtrack is promising. Cloud rocks but I thought Vincent's character stood out the most. I expected more from Tifa though. They made her very pretty. I thought she resembled Yuna borderline Rinoa.

Great movie. One of the best, straight outta the game.

Muddie Murda

smile...
whoa dude...so tell me...do I need to do some research b4 I watch the movie? or will i be able to understand it? This movie seems like BIG talk. :)

koishii

sarNie Fansubber
No need for research Muddie because there's a brief summary of what happened in the game in the movie ;)

Ditto on what you said Nameless, Vincent did stand out even though he didn't have that much screen time. It was great to see the whole gang. Rude and Reno are funny! lols They gave the movie a nice touch of humor. This movie sure was a bishounens eyefest :lol: