FIRST EARTHQUAKE EXPERIENCE!!!

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
On July 29th, 2008, Thookatha experienced her very first earthquake!!! Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA (near Los Angeles and considered a part of Los Angeles).

It was so funny...well, in this case it was funny...but if someone got hurt it wouldn't have been funny.

Anywho, I was in a meeting at my office when everything around me started shaking. In my head, this was what I thought, "dang, this building is so damn flimsy. it can't even withstand a little bit of construction outside." haha

but then, I started thinking again..."wait a minute, there's no construction noise at all! omg, there must have been a bomb explosion outside or something!!" and then I thought again, "oh wait, a bomb makes noise too...and we're definitely still moving!! wtf!! what is this??"

that's when someone ran into the conference room and yelled, "omg, everybody, get down!! under the table, let's go! this is an earthquake!!"

in which case, i was like, "F*CK!! COVER YOUR SPINES EVERYONE!!!" lmao

man, what a day. didn't even know an earthquake when it was all up in my face. ahahaha

noungning

Heartless
oh nice going there lol... but um a question goes to those wise ones, how can going under a table prevent you from falling into gaps that earthquakes create? the only thing i can see from going under a table is to prevent falling books to knock u unconscious. lol.. i wonder.

fun

Expired Sarnie
oh nice going there lol... but um a question goes to those wise ones, how can going under a table prevent you from falling into gaps that earthquakes create? the only thing i can see from going under a table is to prevent falling books to knock u unconscious. lol.. i wonder.
i remember even in high school they still go over that stupid drill for earthquakes.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol thookatha..so funny.. :lol:

i remember my first earthquake too..well we had several in my city but i didnt feel any of it when it happened as i was running around outside playing hopscotch or jump rope..the asian kind..

my first time i felt the earthquake was when i was visiting in southern california.. gosh it was middle of the night well almost morning.. the day before i was leaving to go back home..what a way to say good ridden eh?!...

well i was sleeping..and all of a sudden the bed started to shake..omg i really thought it was possessed or the super natural world did it... i was so afraid to say a word..i totally held my breath..i was scared..*cause before i went to bed my cousin was telling me ghost stories..gosh and i was only a kid back then.. so gullable..not to mention their house is haunted too..even i experienced it ..gosh thats a totally different subject there.. ^_^

anyhow i was sleeping with my aunt and grandma ..yea the bed can fit all 3 of us..so as i was holding my breath from being scared out of my wit...until my grandma jumped up and yelled earthquake..my gosh it was a pretty strong one too..and i couldnt stay in bed any longer..i had to get up..my aunt from the next room ran out ...panicking..shes like mom ...mom...where is my baby...where is my baby..lol she just had her baby boy bout a week old..and she was carrying him while she was running to ask her mom... of course her mom told her that shes carrying the baby in her arms ..i remember her laughing..and somehow i went downstair..and that was not the end of that eartquake..it was the start of it... so i went downstairs to where my uncle was still awake and he was so calm..as if it was a daily thing.. he said oh look at the silly trees dancing ..it was actually swaying back and forth..*i was still in shocked from the quake that i didnt find it funny ...my lil cousin also woke up but decided to go back to sleep but i stayed up..i couldnt go back to sleep at all..

after a few hrs..it was time to get ready and pack my belongings to go back home...so my aunt and uncles took me back home...a 6 hr drive ahead of us...

it was while we were getting snacks for the long trip ...when my aunt had coffee in her hands..and the truck started to moving ..afraid that she might spill the hot coffee on herself..lol it wasnt my lil cousin playing around in the truck though.

the only other quake i felt was the one early this yr lol i thought that it was just last month...lil did i know it was jan-feb..wow...how the time just fly by..

anyhow i was on the laptop of course i was on sw LMAO...watching whatever lakorn that was airing at the time...and then my gosh i swear the whole house was moving...the couch i was sitting on was also moving...felt like the house was gonna rip into two...this was the quake that shook San Jo. i didnt know it was an earthquake cause my two nieces were making lots of noises and was running thru the house..gosh i got up to yell at them to stop..but that was when i felt dizzy...it was such a horrible feeling...

yea that was my only two experience i had with earthquakes...none of them were pleasant btw

hahah bout that going under the table or some even say to stand between the doorway..it has better support as if anything breaks that it will break around you ...but then again..i wouldnt trust that neither *does it work with a 30-40 yr old house too..errr!..and for sure i dont really wanna know the results..

ahh we did the drill in elementary and in middle school..i dont remember doing one for high school though...

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
oh man, i felt the earthquake too & i'm from san diego. lol. I was laying in bed, trying to take a nap when the bed started shaking. For some damn reason, don't know why & don't ask me why, I thought somebody was trying to move my house! :loool: The window started shaking & that's when i got up & went to my sister. What's funny is that she didn't feel it. She told me i was tripping. hahah. man that's the first earthquake in 3 or 4 years. crazy-ness!

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
oh man, i felt the earthquake too & i'm from san diego. lol. I was laying in bed, trying to take a nap when the bed started shaking. For some damn reason, don't know why & don't ask me why, I thought somebody was trying to move my house! :loool: The window started shaking & that's when i got up & went to my sister. What's funny is that she didn't feel it. She told me i was tripping. hahah. man that's the first earthquake in 3 or 4 years. crazy-ness!

LMAO relocate your house!!!!...okay i wont ask ...its just funny!!!

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
oh you girls..ehehee...i know not funnie but i hope you're not too shook up...i live in California but in the central valley so we dun get much here except all of the pollution..lol..yeah yesterday a lot of ppl were on the news saying they've neva expericened it b4 & had no idea wat is was...geez i hope i neva encounter tose natural disasters...big or small

Hi Noy! i see u

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher

LOL...they're moving your house to Thailand next to Ken's house, Noy. :loool:

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
LMAO relocate your house!!!!...okay i wont ask ...its just funny!!!
hahah. I seriously don't know why but that was the first thing that pop into my head. I look at the wall & felt it shaking & i was like "who the hell is trying to move my house ?!" :loool: :loool: & then my bed started shaking & I started to think it was a ghost... hahah. & that's when i went outside cuz i was too scared. lmao

oh you girls..ehehee...i know not funnie but i hope you're not too shook up...i live in California but in the central valley so we dun get much here except all of the pollution..lol..yeah yesterday a lot of ppl were on the news saying they've neva expericened it b4 & had no idea wat is was...geez i hope i neva encounter tose natural disasters...big or small

Hi Noy! i see u
Earthquakes aren't fun... not at all. I'm just glad that the earthquake that i felt wasn't a huge one. I've experience it a few times before. & hiiii kashieeeee! hehe.

LOL...they're moving your house to Thailand next to Ken's house, Noy. :loool:
oh shoot i would loveeee that! :wub:

ChenrukNote

Goddess
LOL like Amikrazie my first earthquake was while i was asleep too. I thought I was dreaming and the whole time I'm thinking wow do beds really shake during dreams haha. I think I was about 9 years old.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL...thats a mighty long distant to thailand... :loool: with pink_juliet_kashie right behind you...lol poor ken

ps the weather is getting a bit better in the central valley..lets hope it stays that way..i have enough trouble breathing the normal air with all them pollens, and stuff floating in the air..much less smoke to add to it..aghhh..felt like im being suffocated with a pillow at night!

btw hows the weather down south noy??

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
wow, all these earthquake experiences and none of us knew what the hell it was. LOL

but yeah, for some reason, i wasn't scared at all! i don't why! actually, i do. it was because i didn't even realize what the hell it was. LMAO

anyways, i am okay, my sweet nong tina. thank you for your concern. hehe

as for earthquakes, in general, you know what's really scary about them? you can't really escape from them. i mean, it is the entire, freakin' earth shaking!! even though it's not the whole world all at once, it's still unavoidable. it's like, the only natural disaster that you can't hide from unless you lived really far away. but even at hundreds of miles away, a lot of people felt this one!! haha maybe that's why they say get under the table, because you can't get away from it but you can prevent things from falling on u. it sounds petty, but what else can you do, right? hahaha

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
I felt it too. I was actually surprise because it happen like at around 11:42am. Usually I would feel it late at night or early in the morning. So for it to happen in the afternoon was a shocker for me. When the quake happen, all I can think of was the safety of my little sister. At the time she was taking her driving lessons, so I was afraid for her.

This quake was one of the biggest earthquake I've felt in a long while. Majority of the earthquake I just ignore it. We experience earthquake once in my city. At least we don't have other natural disaster. We here in southern california just have to worry about earthquake.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
yep when i experience my first earthquake i was in the long beach area.... this so remind me of the SF quake that broke that bridge... not to mention to this day.. i am still traumatized by that image that i saw on tv of a car falling right into the crack..or where one part of the bridge was separated from the one another..so sad!!! :(

my expression while watching it on tv---> :eek:

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hahhahha, i grabbed my bags n bailed the god dayam office to find open space. that's right, in a jiffy.

tho, it did took me a while to figure it was an earthquake too, with all the moving and arranging and construction goin' on around the god dayam office, which i don't HAVE YET...argggh!, but that's another story. in any case, i thought someone dropped something heavy machinery on the second floor, but little did i know.

i was ready to crawl under the table too, but then i wasn't feelin' it, i wanted to get out of that building before it crumbled all over me, while the shake was still soft. puahahhahha....

so much for being so close to chino hills, where the god dayam earthquake originated in. so believe it or not, tookie, i'm in east LA, closer to u too... n it's heck of a lot of NOTHINGNESS n suburbs. so i could careless if all this crumbles... hahhaha...i sound evil right about now. but that's okay, i'm tired. good nite.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
hahhahha, i grabbed my bags n bailed the god dayam office to find open space. that's right, in a jiffy.

tho, it did took me a while to figure it was an earthquake too, with all the moving and arranging and construction goin' on around the god dayam office, which i don't HAVE YET...argggh!, but that's another story. in any case, i thought someone dropped something heavy machinery on the second floor, but little did i know.

i was ready to crawl under the table too, but then i wasn't feelin' it, i wanted to get out of that building before it crumbled all over me, while the shake was still soft. puahahhahha....

so much for being so close to chino hills, where the god dayam earthquake originated in. so believe it or not, tookie, i'm in east LA, closer to u too... n it's heck of a lot of NOTHINGNESS n suburbs. so i could careless if all this crumbles... hahhaha...i sound evil right about now. but that's okay, i'm tired. good nite.
d, you evil bastard, i've never seen this side of you! hahaha i like it!

i'm glad ur okay, though!

dayam, right at the heart of the quake. shake off the chills, my love. i am with you in spirit.

chopstick_xD

sarNie Hatchling
omggg ><!!
i was lying on my moms bed watching tv..and then everything started to shake..at the frist sec i was like pleaseee dont let it be..omgg!! it is!!and since im afraid of earthquakes..the first person i yelled out for stupidly was my bro --;;
and we stepped outside and it was still shakingg O___O

that was the longest one i experienced..well idk cuz the '94 one was pretty bad but i slept through that cuz i was only 2 --;;
but yeahh

i live in chatsworth which is near northridge so i feel a few earthquakes at times..TT__TT