Food Network

cecilia

Staff member
I've been watching a lot of food network shows on Netflix and found them pretty good. I learned the name of the ingredients and the way they created their dishes quickly. You can say it's pretty educational to know all sort of name for a different type of cabbage, type of meat, and etc. Best part of all ... made me want to try some of them at home with my left over lol  

Anyway, I've seen Food Network Star, Food Truck Race, Iron Chef, and Cupcake War. My current favorite is Chopped and to be honest .. I learned a lot of ingredient names from this show more than the mentionable shows above lol

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
I like to watch Food Fighters, 5 food battle rounds between home chefs & professional chefs for home chefs to have a chance to win $100,000. It is both game show & cooking show. I like how the dishes from both home & professional chefs are judged by a group of 5 ordinary food loving people in a blind taste test and the dishes are cooked in short amount of time.

Ms.Zoe

I don't know lol, I watched it on NBC channel :). I don't know when is the new season starts.

cecilia

Staff member
I guess I'll wait until it gets in Netflix lol

Going to continue with Chopped ... then something else after that lol

cecilia

Staff member
Finished Chopped lol 

Moving on to 'WORSTS COOK IN AMERICA' now. Looks pretty interesting and funny!

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
I love watching food network show, I used to watched them all the time and almost all the shows that they have, so I can get some ideas on trying new my dishes and create new things.  Now I'm sick of it, too many repeats, so whenever I'm free I always watch Ree Drummond "The Pioneers Woman".  She has easy steps and short basic recipes that I can follow and put my own touch/twist to it. :dance1:

cecilia

Staff member
I learned a lot of ingredient names in Worsts Cook In America -- and even the way they place or make their dishes.  I finally click with  what Mise en place mean after season two lol

I'm moving on to Cutthroat Kitchen 
Mr.Half-Japanese is handsome :wub:
He won the battle too!

Ms.Zoe

On his website, it looks like he caters meals, you could request his service @cecilia :). His IG has so many yummy dishes :yummy:. Does he has a girlfriend? I think he has one from looking through his IG.

This might be a little off topic but since we are talking about Eurasian men, half Japanese specifically, here is another Mr. Half Japanese. His name is Kolten, he is half Japanese & Danish & he is not a chef. I saw this video a while back & I instantly thought he is fine looking lol. He has a wife, she is from Hawaii & they have 2 daughters.

http://youtu.be/aXie-y3hRvA

Cr as tagged

cecilia

Staff member
I like chef in general -- they don't have to be mixed or anything. Just as long as they can cook and help me out in the kitchen then we're good. 

Your guy looks handsome .. but I like my chef man. Kellan can cater his cooking to me --- Zoe, you gave me a  *smoothy* mind lol 

Ms.Zoe

I want to have my own personal chef lol. I like my man in uniform when he is at work but when he is at home, I want to see him in an apron. I also like a man who can get dirty as in fixing stuff around the house, outside the house and gardening, mowing the lawn, taking care of our kids...lol, I just ask for too much am I :lol:?

Go request his service @cecilia :coverlaf:. What is a smoothy mind? :lol:.

cecilia said:
I like chef in general -- they don't have to be mixed or anything. Just as long as they can cook and help me out in the kitchen then we're good. 

Your guy looks handsome .. but I like my chef man. Kellan can cater his cooking to me --- Zoe, you gave me a  *smoothy* mind lol

cecilia

Staff member
Yes, that's too much ... but if that's what you want then it's alright. I only want him to help when he can while I do the same. No requirement whatsoever lol

Smoothie mind? Haven't you read sarN's fiction? Whenever she writes about 'ahem' she references it to smoothie making. Bluntly, two as one lol

Off topic but ... here's a funny commercial. I had a great laugh .. it's quite motivating, if you ask me lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEH4Yum4nN4

Ms.Zoe

Ahem lol I think I know what it means now lol. Oops I did not mean to give you a smoothie mind lol.

Are those lights actually real? They are pretty cool.

cecilia

Staff member
^I'm not sure but that's one way to motivate women lol
I just start following Kellan after the show .. he definitely has some good looking food photos lol
I need to cook more .. get more ingredients to make my Instagram look tasty again lol

I love salmon .. want to try this recipe soon .. it's simple and easy to make :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74dXcvHqckk

sarN

sarNie Granny
I love to cook , shoot , at 3 year old I stood on a chair & wash rice lol. I like to watch Kitchen Hell . I prefer cooking Asian food though but I like to use Westerners ingredients on the dishes , ya ladies should try it . When i cook Westerner food , I use Asian ingredients , such as fish sauce on lasagna lol or coconut milk on clam chouder soup ^^^

sarN

sarNie Granny
does it inspire u to cook? us ladies need to learn to cook good meal , my mommy said the way to the man heart is thur his stomach , I master anything to trap a man loll