Fortune Tellers/Oracles/Mor Du?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Hmm so I was wondering how many of you actually believe in this stuff? My relatives the older one believes in a loads. So lately I've been having some bad luck so my mom and aunt convinced me to go to the temple and get blessed and also they had someone "read my fortune" birth date and palm readings and etc. along with my husbands birth date (because my aunt believes he is bringing me bad luck) well ok this is what they read

"She has the Duang (Fortune I guess?) of Strength in her, she will bring strength to any one in her life and her "Duang Koo" Couple Fortune is good and she will bring great luck to her husband. She is a strong person and puts others before herself those that she love will be showered and spoiled by her affection. There are times she encounter bad times and bad luck, but she is strong willed and stubborn to stay down and will always rise back up. She has the natural charm that will point in a bad direction, men will fight blood will shed over her. Lives will be affected and touched. She only has two paths in life and that is to continue making mistkes or walk with dignity and accomplishment in her life"

Vice Versa with my husband

"He has the Fortune of violence in his life. He believe in violence and death to resolve problems. The woman he is with now will be the ice that calms his violent nature down. While he is impatient and hot headed she is cool and calm. He pick the right person to settle down with. Without her he will not know what to do with life and will end up destroying his life. She is the person who push him to stay strong and stand with sanity. His whole life revolve around the woman he loves. Everything he does is for her. Blood relatives even fall 2nd to her at times. He believes that without he will be entitled to commit any violent act as he pleases. Those who harm the woman and ones he love will be violently dealt with by him. Rich or Poor is up to his "Duang Koo" (Couple Fortune) To tell because he will stop working hard if the right woman is not by his side. He will work two times harder with the right woman by his side. He is a man that not many women can bare to live with and the one who does possess a natural charm that will shake even him a man who does not practice jealousy. "

After my aunt and mom heard that my aunt was freaked out to :loool: I was laughing actually because it serves her right for medeling in my business now she got an answer that will scare her even more now she's all nice to me and crap and when she see's tim she immediately walks out.

I personally don't know if I completely believe in this. I mean lol if you think about it I don't mean to offend anyone, but would someone really tell you something bad about your own future or fortune? I kind of don't want to say "Oh they were lying" because the person who read this was a monk... -.0 but at the same time it makes m wonder because isn't like one of the rules for monks to not tell of someone's future because it's disturbing the natural course of life? I don't know I just think it's kind of weird and I think that my aunt, grandparents, and sometimes mom spends lots of money on this stuff. My aunt tells me it can't be a lie because every where she's had my date read and stuff they all same pretty much the same thing or similar to the same time and sometimes the details are different lol ... I just kind of laugh at her good will because I know myself and nothing that has been said sounds like me.. my husband on the other hand is a different story lol it goes with him almost exactly which is kind of scary.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I believe it to some extent just because I was brought up in a Buddhist household where it kind of ties into the beliefs in general.
BUT I've learned over many years that fortune tellers/oracles and such are different in every culture.
Monks can tell fortunes, there's nothing against it. Whether you decide to do anything to help or prevent the situation, I doubt it'll matter because I believe the natural forces works it out in the end. If someone said you were going to die and you try your best to avoid anything that could kill you, in the end, when it's time, you're going to die whether you like it or not. There's no running away from it. But at the same time, life is what you make it. If you just except it, you'll realize that your death was meant for 50-60 years in the future. The fortune will still come true but you'll most likely live longer if you aren't trying to avoid getting killed (which will most likely get you killed sooner, paranoia kinda does that to a person).

I have a few friends (they don't know me that well, so they don't know anything about my personal life) who are kinda like fortune tellers except that they don't read palms, they read tarot cards and rune stones.
I've never had them tell me my fortune though, I kinda really care about that too much. My motto is "Life is what you make it to be."
I have had my friends do past life readings for me though (free of charge obviously) and it's so freaky how much of what they tell me (like 90%) relates to my current life, and I don't mean the generic stuff that can apply to anyone or anything. They mentioned specific things in my past life that pretty much mirrors my current life. It's even more freaky because it brings in people in my current life and ties it to someone I knew in a past life. I like getting past life readings done because it helps you understand yourself better and who you are in this life time and the things you should work on.
I've only had two done and in one life I was a man (yeah, shocker to me too but it explains a lot about my love life) and in another I was a German girl (or at least a girl that lived in the region in which German is now back in the 17th or 18th century).

What's interesting about the German girl is that she grew up to be a nun and lived out her life in the church, teaching poor children how to read and write. During her time, women didn't get the same level of education as men, so poor children were less likely to get any education. Her stepfather was a wealthy man and loved her like his own so he made sure she got the best education because she knew how much she liked learning. So she dedicated her life to teaching the less fortunate.
It's so weird that at one point in my life (I was 13 or 14) I actually, seriously consider becoming a nun. I even did research on what I'd have to do in order to become one. In the end I decided against it because frankly, I'm just not religious enough to dedicate my life to any faith. But I've always (for as long as I could remember) wanted to do something that would help others and I've always loved learning (I love reading and growing up I absolutely love waking up every day for school.)
There's more but I'll leave it at that.

I've had my fortune told once but when I was in high school. My friends took me to this hispanic lady who claims to "speak to spirits".
I didn't buy it though because everything she told me was just too vague. I usually don't trust those types because they're always trying to tell you things that they think you want to hear.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I think the fortune teller is not telling you (and you husband) about ya future but more about who ya really are (personalities wise). Sometimes there are different meanings to what the fortune teller is telling you. They don't tell you straight up like.. oh .. you going to get hit by a car .. or you going to win the lottery this week. They say in a way that make people kind of believe it and not believe it. If you listen carefully ... and summarize/analyze the whole saying/speech ... you might just understand.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I think the fortune teller is not telling you (and you husband) about ya future but more about who ya really are (personalities wise). Sometimes there are different meanings to what the fortune teller is telling you. They don't tell you straight up like.. oh .. you going to get hit by a car .. or you going to win the lottery this week. They say in a way that make people kind of believe it and not believe it. If you listen carefully ... and summarize/analyze the whole saying/speech ... you might just understand.
Yeah, I don't like that and I don't trust those people. It's just too vague and pretty much anyone can say their a fortune teller by doing that.
I've met quite a few readers/tellers and I've noticed that the real ones tend to give specific details, details they can't just find on the web or hall of records.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I don't know as for me I am a skeptic. I mean I've been told this stuff over and over to the point where .. hello nothing has really changed in my life .. but at the same time I refuse to try and change my life just so that what a so called fortune teller tells me.. well in this case I can't really disagree or accuse to the person of lying because this person who read off the birth dates and the traits and etc is a monk and I was raised to highly respect a monk's perceptive of things. However he did tell me that I will be successful as long as I don't take in what people tell me and change anything I plan on doing I guess what he was trying to say is "I told you're going to be successful, but continue to work hard towards your goal don't give up in your goal just because you were told you are going to be successful otherwise you might be changing your path to your future" For me it's like .. it's best to not know because sometimes when you know you don't like what you know or you like what you know and you tend to tamper with it and do something else that affects what you're truly destined to do... blah sounds confusing lol I'll quit hahaha

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I went to a psychic and she gave me a tarot card reading... she pretty much told me general things I wanted to hear..

I guess it was all for fun.

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
Fortune telling is pretty interesting to have done but not everything is told to you. My parents have had my told millions of times and it comes out the same. I wish I knew how to read cards - my friends do mor dao with cards using yes, no, maybe or don't know. We do that for fun! So when I was in Thailand I was told I'd be married at age 23 which is a year away but then a few years back some Vietnamese man told my dad I'd be married in m 30's...lol. Big gap there...lol. You can't always believe/trust these fortune tellers but it's always interesting to know what they say.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I don't know as for me I am a skeptic. I mean I've been told this stuff over and over to the point where .. hello nothing has really changed in my life .. but at the same time I refuse to try and change my life just so that what a so called fortune teller tells me.. well in this case I can't really disagree or accuse to the person of lying because this person who read off the birth dates and the traits and etc is a monk and I was raised to highly respect a monk's perceptive of things. However he did tell me that I will be successful as long as I don't take in what people tell me and change anything I plan on doing I guess what he was trying to say is "I told you're going to be successful, but continue to work hard towards your goal don't give up in your goal just because you were told you are going to be successful otherwise you might be changing your path to your future" For me it's like .. it's best to not know because sometimes when you know you don't like what you know or you like what you know and you tend to tamper with it and do something else that affects what you're truly destined to do... blah sounds confusing lol I'll quit hahaha
General stuff like that is kind of a given and common sense. Of course you'll be successful if you work hard towards your goal and don't give up.

But I don't think knowing the future and trying to change it will change the out come. There are always more than one out come to everything. If you decide to change something, than your path will just lead you to a different out come as oppose to the one you were heading to earlier. Essentially, you can't really change anything because every possiblity that exists is already laid out, it's a matter of which one you plan on taking. Every single decision matters, even the tiniest ones (like to stay in and sleep 5 more mins. or get up) because those leads to other decisions on the way, different options with different consequences. In a way, you don't have a choice and at the same time you do. Confusing huh?

I've been learning how to read tarot cards and it's a lot more complicated than I thought.
Did you know that you're not suppose to leave your cards laying around? It has to be wrapped or covered in something that is of neutral energy and put in a safe place, other wise it could be tainted.
I have mine wrapped in a scarf and in a container in my closet.

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
Yea! I heard that you aren't supposed to buy your own tarot cards because it doesn't work otherwise. I have a palm reading book which is great on finding out people's personalities! I heard that the death at a certain age isn't always true because it's been said that even people with short life lines can have a longer lift span and become great grandparents!

Have you guys ever heard of that lady from Montel Williams show - Sylvia Brown? She's like a psychic and she says that our fate has already been written by us in a past life and if for example you are scared of water that you may have drowned in a past life? Lol...pretty fascinating to me but also creepy at the same time!!

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
i lvoe hearing about these stuff man but i don't really believe in crap like that there my answer is short and simple

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Yea! I heard that you aren't supposed to buy your own tarot cards because it doesn't work otherwise. I have a palm reading book which is great on finding out people's personalities! I heard that the death at a certain age isn't always true because it's been said that even people with short life lines can have a longer lift span and become great grandparents!

Have you guys ever heard of that lady from Montel Williams show - Sylvia Brown? She's like a psychic and she says that our fate has already been written by us in a past life and if for example you are scared of water that you may have drowned in a past life? Lol...pretty fascinating to me but also creepy at the same time!!
Really? Who said you're not suppose to buy your own tarots?
I know a lot of Wiccans and Pagans (And no, not the teeny boppers, wanna-be witches kind, but people who actually practice and live by the code of ethics that come with it. A lot of them grew up in a household where they were raised for generations in the "old" ways.) and none of them said anything about that. I have heard that you can make your own tarots and that it works better but buying it doesn't prevent anything as long as it's been cleansed before every use and keep in a safe place.

I've heard of Sylvia Brown and I've seen on her to TV, it's freaky because when she does readings for audience members she gives specifics, she doesn't always say vague stuff. Oh and I like John Edwards too (not the politician, the other one), he's not a psychic but a medium. It's so spooky what he tells people because he gives them, names, date, places and events.
But speaking of Sylvia Brown, I like her but then a lot of my "gifted" friends tend to think she's a fake, a very good one but a fake none the less. So I don't know what to think.
My friend's little sister is "gifted" but she's a medium not a psychic. She sees dead people and can communicate with them.
Her sister (my friend) found that out when she was still young.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
ma great aunties friend is a like mor doo sort of person ghosts go inside her and everythin appently buh this woman never met me and she said to watch out this year ( a while back like 2004) to watch out for boys who want to mess with you... and hell she was right buh i uno i want to see a mor doo

noungning

Heartless
i've seen many. do i believe, it depends. authenticity and knowledge... for example, i've gotten ALOT of people tell me broad stuff like... "u are a lucky person, luck will come your way" ...although i feel my life has been nothing but a gray thunder cloud atop of my head all the time!!

but i suppose, that's what most of the ppl says... they said i have luck coming my way, and when it comes, i won't be able to even hold it back because it's so strong, i suppose i'm still waiting hahah.

however, the only reason why i've started to go to the fortune readers is because my friend used to use this as her way to comfort and guide her, yes i know it's strange. but yeah she lacked common sense. so whenever she went, i went along...but since she's moved, i've not gone.

i've found that this one is keen to various aspects, she'd mention about my parents and such. people around me, school, friends, she'd tell me alot when there's much going on in my life, and there will be times where there's not much said at all, i'll sit for 3 mins and she's done... but when there's something going on, i'd sit for almost an hour! most of the time, i just let her say what she has to, and then when she's done i'll ask questions.

the other person, she's my mom's friend. she does readings too, oh yeah they both use regular playing cards, not tarot cards. my mom's friend, who i later found out is my high school friend's mom! haha... she does a reading too... she does many things, she does the card, then she does the palms, then the toes, then flower! she's quite keen on lovey dovey stuff.

she gave me a reading, a few times, and they are all on point, with the love stuff.

...more or less, i believe this because i believe in past lives. i believe everything in life happens for a reason, we are destined to live in some kind of way that was written out for us, and experiences that we go thru just guides us into those pre-existing paths and patterns.

solin

sarNie Adult
I don't believe in fortune tellers...why ? Because they use people to get money !
My grand-mothers and my mother are strong believers.
Once, my grand-mothers, my tant, my mother and I went to see one to ask her about my uncle mariage. She said that my uncle and his fiancee are pre-destinated because they were lovers from past-life. 3 months after their weeding, they broke up and got divorced a few time later :lol:
2 years ago, my mother consult one because her health was very bad and she lost too much weigh. He said that someone who hate my mother has done some kind of spell on her and she must do a ceremonie to be liberated from it...cost : 100 $
Some months later my mother almost died and was taken to emergency...after lot of medical tests they found some problems like a minor tumor and a uterus kISS (Kopfgelenk Induzierte Symmetrie Störungen), plus a lake in her blood.
Now she gets better...and must be operated in few days !
....after all this storie, how can I believe in fortun tellers ?

But some monks are really good in seeing inside of us...and we can learn lot of things about ourselves by consulting them...and I consider them more like a spiritual guide.

onahc

sarNie Elites
buddhism does not teach people to believe in superstition, that's what all of this is too me. buddhism is based on logic and reasoning. but you know like they say "don't bash if you don't believe".