Freaken A**! I'm screwed.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Okay, I'm trying to study for the French CLEP because I didn't want to take college french when I took 4 years of AP level french in high school.
Only thing is, I graduated high school back in 2001. So yeah, a lot of time has passed since then.

Anyway, the ONLY thing keeping me from graduating college now is that I'm missing my foreign language credits. It was a stupid thing to do to have put it off for so long. All I remember was that it was freshmen year of college when I first put it off and *bam* it's senior year already, where the hell did time go?

So when I say it's the ONLY thing keeping me from graduating, I really mean it. I've finished everything else that I need and then some. I kinda took classes to stall until I took the CLEP. Well, I went on to the CLEP site to print out a new study guide and downloaded an example of the electronic exam -- to get a feel for it. OMG I'm completely freaking out. I'm so going to bomb it and have to stay in college for another TWO freakin' years because of this, OR wait 6 months before I can take it again. I'm so screwed it's not even funny. I'm going to be 30 (okay not quite there yet) and still trying to finish my BA! Ah!!!

My parents aren't going to be happy if I have stay in college any longer. Heck, I don't even want to stay in college anymore, I want to graduate!
My goal is to take the test at the end of this month or the begining of October, just to get it out so I'll know if I need to fill out graduation forms or not.

So yeah, crap, crap, crap!
Anyone here speak fluent French?
The reading part I can study for and probably do pretty decent, it's the listening and respond part that has me really worried.
I listened to a sample and all I heard was "blah blah blah blah" Urgh!

I've tried tapes, bought two different books for studying and an interactive software. I don't know if that's enough though.
I saw something about Rosetta Stone on tv and everyone says I should look into it, I did and it cost around $500!

darvil

sarNie Adult
I can't help you with the language since I don't speak it.

But I can help you get the stuff like rosetta stone if you want.. or even pimsleur.. easily.

Anyway let me know if you need help in this.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I can't help you with the language since I don't speak it.

But I can help you get the stuff like rosetta stone if you want.. or even pimsleur.. easily.

Anyway let me know if you need help in this.
I'm listening...would I have to do anything illegal? :p

I do speak French.
But you live in France. :(
I need a tutor, I don't know how that would work online.

XCappy

Mr. Char
I'm listening...would I have to do anything illegal? :p
But you live in France. :(
I need a tutor, I don't know how that would work online.
I see ;).

About illegality, of course it'd be illegal to download Rosetta Stone or Pimsleur, but who cares ? :D I still have my Pimsleur Thai and Pimsleur Cantonese ;)

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I looked around and found this site called Live Mocha, it looks really cool. I tried it out and so far, it's been really helpful. Best of all it's FREE. ^_^

But if there's a way I can get Rosetta Stone for free, well I'll consider that too. hehe

XCappy

Mr. Char
I looked around and found this site called Live Mocha, it looks really cool. I tried it out and so far, it's been really helpful. Best of all it's FREE. ^_^

But if there's a way I can get Rosetta Stone for free, well I'll consider that too. hehe
Live Mocha is really interesting, thanks for this discovery. I registered to see what happens inside :) (Nick : Char)

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
My Mom used to be fluent in French when she refuged from Laos over 25 years ago. Now that she's been in the US, her french is broken, but I remember trying to learn French from her awhile back. Girl... I think the language is so difficult to follow! Or maybe it's just me? Cause I also took Spanish and Japanese two years each, but uhh... I hardly remember anything I've learned. Well... I'll ask my baby bro for you. Perhaps he can get a hold of what you need.

Good luck, girl!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Thanks Lome.

French is a little easier to learn than some other languages if you can already speak English. A lot of the words are very smiliar, the spelling is just different.
It's the grammar stuff that gets me.
The listening part scares me even more because when they talk I can't seem to pick out any of the words. Right now I'm using Live Mocha to practice my listening skills and response.

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
I wish I could help you but the last time I took French was back in the sixth grade. My cousins from France only taught me the bad words, lol. It's ok if you graduate a little later. Heck, it took me 8 years just to graduate and I finally did last month with a B.S. It's better late than never, that's what I kept telling myself. My mom kept nagging me about graduating and I never thought I would ever get to graduate, but I did. I heard that the Rosetta Stone is really helpful, but it is kind of expensive. Hopefully everything works out for you.