Free KFC Meal!!

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I feel like KFC/Oprah owes the public an apology. If they're going to offer a free promotion like this knowing how badly the economy is, how desperate people are, and how many people there are in the US, then perhaps they should have prepared for it better, or at least keep their word just a little and kept it valid for another day or two. But the offer is invalid in the second day ?? Many people didn't even get to use their coupons that they printed on the 5th anf 6th of May.

Yeah, KFC doesn't want to lose money and just give away free food, but come'on, how can they put in fine print that the coupons are good until May 19th, and don't follow through with it?? I think greed got in the way of this promotion. KFC has been living off of people for years, but when it's time to give back to the people, they chickened out.

judyp

sarNie Adult
^^ i agree with you. i didn't even get to use my coupon. i am not upset because i couldn't get free food. its the fact that you hold an offer you can't live up to. i tried last night and the girl said "they reached their maximum". i read that KFC is offering a raincheck. fill it out, attach your coupon to it and they are suppose to mail you back a coupon for the same offer for another day. i think its pathetic. how can you have an offer through may 19 and it doesn't hold up? thats bs to me. it makes no sense to me. they definitely should've prepared better for this.

lady0fdarkness

In addition, I really don't think Oprah had anything to do with the Free meal, not financial anyway. KFC came out with a new "grilled chicken," and since KFC stands for Kentucky FRIED Chicken, the grilled concept would probably not sink in well with customers whom are fans of fried chicken. So who else can KFC turn to to spread the word?? Oprah! A rich and well known personnel who can reach literally a wide variety of customers.

Anywho... I don't blame the people at all for being angry. Cause really, I don't think it's even about the "free" chicken anymore, it's more about how Corporate America treats people in general.

iono

sarNie Hatchling
when i went yesterday, they gave me that raincheck thing too. urgh, the lady said that they're doing that because there are too many people who are photocopying the coupons and handing them out. they want us to send our coupon to KFC to check if it's legit. that's too much work for me though. lol

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Yeah, KFC doesn't want to lose money and just give away free food, but come'on, how can they put in fine print that the coupons are good until May 19th, and don't follow through with it?? I think greed got in the way of this promotion. KFC has been living off of people for years, but when it's time to give back to the people, they chickened out.
HAHAHAHHAHAA i don't know why but when u typed "chickened out", i was laughing so hard. did u purposely have a play on words with that cuz it's KFC? or was that just accidental? it was funnnnny. it shouldn't be that funny, but i was laughing so hard.

kulyia

RUK
hey yall! i watched Oprah yesutrday. and they said 4 million meals were given out but still has 6.5 meals left to give away. wow.. some people gave it to homeless folks.. i was touched when heard that. :clap: <-- i cant seem find the sad face..lol

lady0fdarkness

HAHAHAHHAHAA i don't know why but when u typed "chickened out", i was laughing so hard. did u purposely have a play on words with that cuz it's KFC? or was that just accidental? it was funnnnny. it shouldn't be that funny, but i was laughing so hard.

lol.. I wrote it on purpose. :D
I was laughing too when I typed it.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
My boyfriend tried this and I knew his mom had told him about it, she loves Oprah.

It was good for being free but I'm generally not a fan of KFC.
Their chicken size and general food portion is pretty skimpy compared to Church's.

noungning

Heartless
hermmm i was thinkin dat people would copy da coupons lol it don't got a barcode on it or nothin?
it does have a unique barcode on it... but someone from harper studios posted one that they printed and scanned on their website... so from then on... people just printed a gazillion copies of that one... and so they can't afford to pay for all the meals they've promised.

don't understand why oprah didn't just pay for the damn thing she has enough to pay for the chicken and some dessert darnit!

i HIGHLY doubt oprah is paying a penny! KFC was taking the free meal coupons advertised by oprah as a very cheap endorsement by oprah for their chicken... until things went sour and someone posted the pdf version of the coupon and then they realized they can't live up to it and gave out rainchecks of 1 per household... pretty GAY!

didn't even get my free chicken... oh well. i have enough soda for the next year or so... and water LOL. [inside joke] :p

anan

sarNie Adult
With the risk of being hated(if not already lol) by most of the new generation Sarnies there, i would like to keep attention of all KFC lovers in da forum here.... The following article(June 2009) did not surprise me that much, but just want to share with our dearest Sarnies here....
A PCRM scientist visited six different KFC stores, obtained two samples from each location, and sent them to an independent testing laboratory. All 12 samples were found to contain PhIP, a chemical classified as a carcinogen by the federal government.
[...]
"No parent would knowingly serve carcinogens to a child, and parents have no idea these chemicals are in KFC products."
[...]
PhIP and other HCAs do not exist naturally in chicken; they form when animal muscle is cooked to high temperatures. The National Toxicology Program administered by the National Institutes of Health has identified PhIP as carcinogenic, as have the state of California and the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
[...]

I know that you guyz & girlz love the tasty, flavour, & smells when these meats are fried or grilled :drool: ,
Cooking at high temperature will produce the Maillard reaction which gives you that super tasty flavour... but sadly this reaction contributes to a wide range of human diseases such as diabetic, cancer, pulmonary fibrosis, and neurodegeneration... -_-

I love you all Sarnies, so try to avoid (or eat less) high temperature cooked meals (BBQ, Grill, Frying, Oven) please !!
Your life's worth more than their $$$$ grilled foods..

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
when i first heard of this...i totally thought it was a hoax! (cause i dont watch oprah)

i had to send in that raincheck stuff too...are you serious its only one per household? i sent in three!... :lol: let see now long i will get my new coupon...(its been two weeks or so now)

ive already tried to scan (on two scanner too) the coupon thing...the more you try to copy it...the worst the coupon comes out...the barcode, the area where the lil circle thing are at, appears lightly or totally disappear ... it also stated that if those area arent present on the coupon it is not valid anymore. (unique barcode it is)

so much for trying eh!?

theyre stupid but not that stupid...

thanks for the info anan....but if i give up those ....then what is left to eat? there arent that many cooking technique left for us is there? and that mean i have to give up on them turkey....that is one that requires a long period of cooking time. :p

anan

sarNie Adult
thanks for the info anan....but if i give up those ....then what is left to eat? there arent that many cooking technique left for us is there? and that mean i have to give up on them turkey....that is one that requires a long period of cooking time. :p
LOL,,, you really have nothing left to eat ?? ohh my dear,,, i wish i could cook for FREE for our few Sarnies here somedayyyy... :rolleyes:
the "other techniques" left are: eat raw (sushi, salads), steamed (dim sum), boiled(soup)... fried slightly & not too long are fine too...
Habits are very hard to break,,, and temptations too high to not enjoy this free meal indeed :p i know... ^_^

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol true...there are a few other method ....but i dont like to limit myself. :D

anyhow talking bout dimsum & sushi ...youre making me hungry! (again) :lol: