Free Money???

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Okie...just 2 days ago i went online and checked my bank account...I know i have no money...totally broke...I have 23 dollars in my checking and 46 in my savings and thats it...All of a sudden i look and it says that i have a total of 1973 in my checking account available...IM LIKE WHAT! So i went to the transaction area and saw that there was a customer deposit of 1950 that day. OKIE SO WHAT DO I DO...should i say something to the bank about it or keep the money...or what...well i have a friend that is a banker she tells meeh that it must have been a bank error and that if no one claims the money in 60 days then it's mine...sooo what should i do? Or what would you guys do if you guys all of a sudden found 2000 dollars in your bank account...I think it's just a present from Santa. hahahaha I want to say something..but yet i want the money tooo...IM SOOO SELFISH! Awwwwww....*Sigh* I feel bad though...i didn't do anything yet...i was just gonna wait it out and see if it disappears or not..and if it doesn't in a while then maybe say something...! I DON"T KNOW>>>I AM SOO CONFUSED!

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
keep ur mouth shut ha its MONEY! hahaha wait 60 days and jump in da air aight and spend it like hell after! :D

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
if i was you i'd return it cause think about it.. what if u was the one who made that error and deposit that 2000 into someone elses account righty?? a waste of ur money... so do the right girl.....

sarN

sarNie Granny
honestly , i prolly take the money :p . I know i know i know --- im bad and i'll play dumd as if i didnt' know about the money !!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
>.< well i would wnat to keep it; but at the same time what if someone really needed that money ... haha iono i would be just as stuck as you

noungning

Heartless
i used to be a teller before and i've done something along the lines of put money in the wrong account before too lol

what happens is the person who deposited the money will come to the bank. the reciept will have the teller's # on it, they will go thru all the transactions that this person has done for that day and find the error... with that amount of money, i don't think the person who deposited that money into the bank will NOT notice. so it will probably be out of ur account in no time. oh let me add... if the person doesn't have a receipt [lost it] they will have to do more investigation, as in find that amount of money, time of day, what branch the money was deposited, video cam, yeah it gets messy lol.

if you use this money, they will take out all the amount and leave a NEGATIVE amount in your account, but if you choose to run with the money, it can cause u to get arrested. -_-

so the thing is, i don't think you should do something about it... if it's never noticed and dealt with by the bank then it's ur money lol!

darvil

sarNie Adult
Just leave the money in your account. Don't use it.

It'll probably be gone in a bit when they figured out they made a mistake.

For now you can enjoy seeing that big # on the account.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
it is a bank error and if yiu use it even after waiting 60 days and the person report and sues the bank the bank in turn can sue you so jsut keep it there don't use it and tell bank manager about it

i'm surprised the person who deposited it didn't notice the balance difference. :eek: poor teller is going to get reprimanded for this one. -_-

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Awwwwww mannnn....I feel sooo bad...but gosh i want it...i need it...are you guys sure that it's just just santa that is giving it to meeh for christmas...! aiight i think whenever i go to the bank..NOT ANY TIME SOON...because i have no reason to gooo...since i have no job and no money to deposit..hahaha until next month when i get my financial aid check then ill go and say something. IF THAT IS IF IT"S STILL THERE! I PROMISE I WON"T TOUCH THAT MONEY THOUGH! hehehe...THOUGH SO MUCH I WANT TO. i hope it was some rich random person who felt generous and just gave random money away...lolz...

NoungNging: Freak but is there such a law that states that if nobody claims it in 60 days then it's mine since you use to be a teller? Since thats what a friend of mine says (she's a banker)....

Im afraid of getting arrested...! Awwww man...here comes my first felony!

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
man i think i just got too excited...well guys! I JUST CHECKED MY BANK RIGHT NOW...JUST RIGHT NOW..AND THE MONEY IS GONE..IM POOR AGIAN...! SNIFF SNIFF! I THINK IMMA REALLY CRY...SNIFF SNIFF!

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
hahaha, the same thing just happened to me...for exactly $1100.

i'll be honest. i wasn't going to say anything nor was i planning on using it...for a while, at least. however, in a matter of like 2 days, they found the "mistake", and "my" money was taken away.

i cried for 31 mins.

here's a selfish advice: close the account, take the money, and ruuuun (or walk...it doesn't really matter)!!! that way, they can't do anything about it or take "your" money.

...i wasn't always this selfish, u know...not until i moved to california but yeh, close the account and run. no offense, california. LOL

EDIT:

AW SHIOT, I POSTED TOO LATE.

Quarter

Tell me about it.
i've taking free money before. except my story line was much more dramatic. but at the end, i got ALOT of money.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Same thing happened to my friend's parents. The bank accidently made a mistake and gave them $2000. The parents didn't do anything about it, they used it, and nothing happened. It's been a few years now. :D

Phew

sarNie Fansubber
Wow I never check my account, sometimes I'm even surprised myself that I got fairly big amount in my account because I deposit like once a month or once in two months, but I just use it anyways without remembering or noticing lol. Sometimes I'm scared to use my card because it might have no money but it always have money in there <_< Hopefully there was no error and I'm not using someone else's money lol, the bank should be responsible, not me -_-

well, i sneak money into my mom's account sometimes. i'm surprised she's not asking anyone where the extra money is coming from. :lol:

if that happened to me, i would've hushed or might've asked inside the bank, b/c i can freak out. who knows. the bank should be giving you some courtesy money just for that mistake. ^_^

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
no they shouldn't cause everything is done by computers and computers can malfunction, and ppl make mistake, so that's liek sayign you should give others money for every mistake you make think before you say something (joke aobut the think before you say something part :lol: )