general vang pao's funeral.

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
i thought that funeral was very nice, until the last night. OMG, i hated the guy that did the txiv xaiv. GOSH, i wonder who pick him out, he was rude and so conceited. they could have gotten a better guy that actually know what the hell he's talking about. his txiv xaiv didn't even connect well. as a txiv xaiv, you have no right to ask the family to give you a plate of alcohol so that you can give them their luck or present. he was very rude to the people there. he was yelling ( literally) at the people when he TOLD everyone to come and get the "lucky money". i know that there was a big crowd but what the hell did he expect, didn't he see how big the crowd is? i mean come on, you're facing the crowd. why yell at the people when they are just doing what they have been TOLD to DO, GOSH........................ i have got more to say but what do you guy think of the funeral?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I didn't go to GVP funeral but I heard it on the radio.

From what I heard, because there are a lot of people. I guess he just wanted people to be cautious so no one gets hurt. better to be safe than sorry. as for the txiv xaiv, i don't even understand what they are trying to say so i wouldn't know hehe

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
HAHA! anyway; That guy was my uncle;
he's from OKLAHOMA...
and you gotta be conceited when you're that GOOD!
&& of course, we're VANGS; we're
CONCEITED; it's our nature.
&& he didn't need more alcohol,
it's traditional...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
he's from OKLAHOMA...
it's traditional...
haha! finally, a Vang admits it. LOL!!!

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
from what i know, he was living in michigan some year ago and hmong people hated him there because he was very conceited. glad to know that someone here is his niece. please tell him to study more since most of what he sung during the night was alot of repeat. for txiv xiav, i don't know if you guys know but it is suppose to be structure as a ladder that build up, and not coming back down to the beginning . his was going from here and there and ending it with what he begin with. i will give him credit for getting the basic txiv xaiv, however, his song connection to those basic txiv xiav are VERY weak. i don't believe believe GVP would've wanted that.
P.S.
he is not good. that guy that came before him surpass him in all level...hehehe....... quite sad indeed! also, i have no problem with people being conceited when i see that they are good. as of this case, i would phase it " ruam tsab ntse"

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
he's from OKLAHOMA...
it's traditional...
correct me if i am wrong but isn't he a Neej Saub Xyooj. not a Vang. no need for you to point your nature to others. don't drag others along with you. Also, it is NOT traditional for the txiv xaiv to ask alcohol from the family.........i do wonder who you are comparing him with when you say "he is that GOOD"? do tell as i am very curious......

xoxcOcOxox

sarNie Hatchling
correct me if i am wrong but isn't he a Neej Saub Xyooj. not a Vang. no need for you to point your nature to others. don't drag others along with you. Also, it is NOT traditional for the txiv xaiv to ask alcohol from the family.........i do wonder who you are comparing him with when you say "he is that GOOD"? do tell as i am very curious......
I will have to agree with this, I wasn't at the funeral but I stay up to watch it. I have seen and heard better txiv xaiv, then this guy no offense. I am a Vang myself and feel that not all vang are as conceited as people say we r, it's not in our nature so yes you shouldn't say it's in all VANG people, and that's it our nature. Even my parents who listen to this kind of thing say that he was so bad at it, he keep repeating himself making it go nowhere and not just that he was giving luck to his family also. But like i said not such a great txiv xaiv, i would have like someone better, if he was so good and claim that he is he should have proved everyone wrong and made it the best so people can praise him and say yes he is truly the best, but i guess people aren't as good as they say they r.

cecilia

Staff member
^in all -- he is very conceited. I didn't watch the clip nor listen to anything but i heard my mom said the same thing too ..

as for vang -- i was going to say the same thing -- not all vang ppl has this nature na -- i have some vang friend and they're nothing like this -- so being conceited is one OWN choice and one OWN nature.

MAINIRA -- i like what you said -- ppl who think they're too good are usually those that are 'ruam tsab ntse' -- this 'good' praise should be hand by other who watch -- not oneself.

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
I will have to agree with this, I wasn't at the funeral but I stay up to watch it. I have seen and heard better txiv xaiv, then this guy no offense. I am a Vang myself and feel that not all vang are as conceited as people say we r, it's not in our nature so yes you shouldn't say it's in all VANG people, and that's it our nature. Even my parents who listen to this kind of thing say that he was so bad at it, he keep repeating himself making it go nowhere and not just that he was giving luck to his family also. But like i said not such a great txiv xaiv, i would have like someone better, if he was so good and claim that he is he should have proved everyone wrong and made it the best so people can praise him and say yes he is truly the best, but i guess people aren't as good as they say they r.
^in all -- he is very conceited. I didn't watch the clip nor listen to anything but i heard my mom said the same thing too ..

as for vang -- i was going to say the same thing -- not all vang ppl has this nature na -- i have some vang friend and they're nothing like this -- so being conceited is one OWN choice and one OWN nature.

MAINIRA -- i like what you said -- ppl who think they're too good are usually those that are 'ruam tsab ntse' -- this 'good' praise should be hand by other who watch -- not oneself.
so glad to know that you guys agreed with me. for a while here, i thought i was the only one that think this.....thanks for your input