Get ready for: MISS HMONG MILWAUKEE 08-09

Ms_Stratus

sarNie Egg
Hello everyone...

Just wanted to let you all know...Milwaukee Hmong New Year will be on December 13 & 14 of this year.... Please inform girls who are interested in the pageant. I do not have the flyer yet of the pageant.When I do, I will post it up.

***I have made a mistake...it is not yet confirm as miss hmong wisconsin....the title is still miss hmong milwaukee****

-All girls interested in competing must be 16 yrs of age or older
-All contestants must be currently living in the state of Wisconsin

Prizes:

- 1st place - $3000.00
- 2nd place - $2000.00
- 3rd place - $1000.003
LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS: November 1, 2008

First come, first serve!!!

More information will be on flyer...

We welcome new competitors and old..... For more information, please contact us via email for phone number... milwaukeehmongnewyear2008@hotmail.com

thanks.

Milwaukee Hmong New Year Committee 2008

Mae

sarNie Adult
It's about time again.. It's been a few years since theirs been an official Miss Hmong Wisconsin pageant! No offense against Hlee Xiong, but it's about time she gives back the crown to a Hmong Wisconsin native....awww, I'm not bitter towards her, but I just hate it when Hmong contestants from a different state compete for the title in a state where they don't even live...it happens all the time.... granted these titles aren't very legitimate because a lot of judges are corrupt and tend to choose someone who's related to them or out of some benefit only... but it's about time there's one again...hopefully it's changed!

cecilia

Staff member
Wow. the prize is good -- i can use the money -- but competing is not something i can do.

good luck to those that compete ja. may the best win ..

Ms_Stratus

sarNie Egg
Keep in mind that there has never been...as far as I have know...no actual MISS HMONG WISCONSIN title. Hlee Xiong holds MISS LAO-HMONG title...Madison is Miss Refugee something...which they stopped hosting.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i think that none of the girls who have won the pageants deserve to win
if i was to ever run a pageant...
i would require all participating contestants to serve the hmong community first
then present it to the panel of judges...
and the one that presents the "best" project be crowned because that will show just how serious they are about winning and who has the greatest potential in furthering their service in the community
let's all get real now... these girls are being crowned for their talk only
they never actually did anything.
some girls enter to win the money.. and after that.. they do some shitty ass work.
and if they did do something.. it's not even their idea.
some OGs tell them what to do to earn publicity.
BS!

gotgame612

sarNie Egg
wow haha i think there not alot of peoples gonna go there...that why is so cheap lol..

angelxtasy

sarNie Hatchling
i would require all participating contestants to serve the hmong community first
and the one that presents the "best" project be crowned because that will show just how serious they are about winning and who has the greatest potential in furthering their service in the community
some girls enter to win the money.. and after that.. they do some shitty ass work.
BS!

Nkauj hmoob lauj what you say is true as well, and i do agree to some parts.
I am a former pageant contestant. For those whose never competed before, you guys
don't know what your missing out on. hehe. You gain alot from the experience, even if
the comittee is corrupted and wrong sometimes. But as for the, actual deserving win.
I'll have to side with you on this one, BUT what would you like to see happen?
I've always questiond myself... we all want and speak of change but what is the CHANGE we all want ??
Keep in mind as well ;
if you want to see a change, Be that Change =) each of us holds the key to success ;)

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
BS!
lol...yea but pzk did go to laos or thailand, one of them...that's doing sumthin...lol

but hey lets not get carried on and change the subject...lol

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
lol...yea but pzk did go to laos or thailand, one of them...that's doing sumthin...lol

but hey lets not get carried on and change the subject...lol

let me mention this once again.
she went to thailand AFTER she was crowned...
so to me... that's not being worthy of the title.
if she had done that before she was crowned..
then sure.. props to her

back to the thread....

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
let me mention this once again.
she went to thailand AFTER she was crowned...
so to me... that's not being worthy of the title.
if she had done that before she was crowned..
then sure.. props to her

back to the thread....
lol...yea but still, i think she's the only one(that i've heard of) that actually did sumthin after being crowned..lol

but hey dont attack me...lol

MaGic*_*

sarNie Egg
i'm very surprise how some people just do the talking only and not putting their strong words into action.

you expected someone to finish community service before they are crown as Miss HMONG. DO YOUR HOMEWORK 1ST. But let me see...wait, some of you are just shit talking and barely make to community college and dont do much but play poker online, chatting and gossiping on people by posting in the forum of some online site only when you can do so much more. This is so shameful when you have the guts to complain and make such a negative comment about someone else who actually make some effort to committed themselves at some point in their life to make at least a small differ back to the HMong community. But wait, no matter wat others do, SOMEONE will always has some sh*t to talk about others.

girls who competed in the pageant arent just someone who are a low life loser. They are some well educated young ladies who has the heart to reach out to the Hmong community. Before u judge someone and complain about them not offering community services, do your HOMEWORK on them 1st.

For what i have seen, many of the contestants who ever run for the pageant has done some what community services...how i know cause i did my HOMEWORK on them...

being in a pageant, you have to accept the down fall as well as the positive of it. What you take with you for the rest of your life is a much greater rewarding experience.

i am not the best person and neither are you nor anyone, but i do give those MISS HMONG some prop for the effort that they are trying. It isn't easy when it come to carrying out your reign but somehow at the end of the year, those miss HMONG were able to do at least something back to the community and that speaks a lots for me altho not for ya sh*t talk.

ps, i encourage those who only talk and never takes the walk to participate in the pageant and put out your great work or idea to work. But wait, do lots of community services so you are more than worthy of the title if you do WIN, that is.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I DO ENCOURAGE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU TO GO OUT THERE AND ATTEND THE MISS HMONG REIGN EVENT WHEN THEY OFFER SOMETHING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY. AND HOPEFULLY YA WILL SEE THE CHANGE IN YOUR EYES THAT BEING MISS HMONG ISN'T SUCH AN EASY JOB NOR TITLE.

just putting my two cents...wink* :D

Fearless

sarNie Adult
i'm very surprise how some people just do the talking only and not putting their strong words into action.

you expected someone to finish community service before they are crown as Miss HMONG. DO YOUR HOMEWORK 1ST. But let me see...wait, some of you are just shit talking and barely make to community college and dont do much but play poker online, chatting and gossiping on people by posting in the forum of some online site only when you can do so much more. This is so shameful when you have the guts to complain and make such a negative comment about someone else who actually make some effort to committed themselves at some point in their life to make at least a small differ back to the HMong community. But wait, no matter wat others do, SOMEONE will always has some sh*t to talk about others.

girls who competed in the pageant arent just someone who are a low life loser. They are some well educated young ladies who has the heart to reach out to the Hmong community. Before u judge someone and complain about them not offering community services, do your HOMEWORK on them 1st.

For what i have seen, many of the contestants who ever run for the pageant has done some what community services...how i know cause i did my HOMEWORK on them...

being in a pageant, you have to accept the down fall as well as the positive of it. What you take with you for the rest of your life is a much greater rewarding experience.

i am not the best person and neither are you nor anyone, but i do give those MISS HMONG some prop for the effort that they are trying. It isn't easy when it come to carrying out your reign but somehow at the end of the year, those miss HMONG were able to do at least something back to the community and that speaks a lots for me altho not for ya sh*t talk.

ps, i encourage those who only talk and never takes the walk to participate in the pageant and put out your great work or idea to work. But wait, do lots of community services so you are more than worthy of the title if you do WIN, that is.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I DO ENCOURAGE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU TO GO OUT THERE AND ATTEND THE MISS HMONG REIGN EVENT WHEN THEY OFFER SOMETHING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY. AND HOPEFULLY YA WILL SEE THE CHANGE IN YOUR EYES THAT BEING MISS HMONG ISN'T SUCH AN EASY JOB NOR TITLE.

just putting my two cents...wink* :D

I agree with you! Some people just like to complain but they can't do anything better. I give props to anyone who's even doing something to help out. I ain't complaining because I can't do anything so props to anyone who can.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
it's silly that people are getting angry.
lol.
calm down.. you can think whatever you like..
that was just my thoughts on how a pageant should work..
considering the fact that people are always saying..
"she deserves the title..." BEFORE she even did anything....

MaGic*_*

sarNie Egg
fearless, thanks for agreeing...only give them prop for the effort they do only.

i don't think what i stated earlier was anger. It's called passion of appreciation for the good deep others do and offer back to our community and some people just need to be told since they don't see the other side of the story. And yes, this is my opinion as well. For what i believed when people used the term "she deserved the title", their statement was base on the performance she present on stage. If she was the best one out of the rest of the contestants, of course, i would said "she deserved the title" as well.

Missmeem22, go for it. I always think that the sky is my limit. So anything is possible. YOU just had to committed yourself and make that impossible to be possible. REMEMBER, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT ONLY. we lived in a land of opportunities, why deny yourself from having an experience of a life time. Looking forward to see you in the pageant next year than Missmeem22. :D