Getting over someone.

blissfulxoxo

sarNie Oldmaid
So there's this guy that I've like for a couple years now. We've been good friend for two years now also. He's a really good friend. But I guess I missed out on my chance with him and now I guess I do regret not letting him know how I felt about him even if he never felt the same. I've always been afraid to lose him as a friend and to be distant for him as well. He was a really wonderful and great friend but I guess not such a good person so much. But I never would've though that he would get married, well at least not right now. I mean I knew he is dating someone but they haven't even known each long, only for a month! -.- But he recently just got married to his girlfriend. It's too fast and shocking also. It's so hard for me to believe as well. & Most of all it's so hard to move on since I liked him for so long now. :( *sigh. I know that we'll still be friend but probably won't be as close anymore since he's married now. It's going to be so weird and awkward now around and with him since he is someone else's husband. Someday own's him now, officially. *sigh. It's so wrong for me to have feelings for him still, I know. I don't like the thought of that either but I'm trying to move on now. But it's sooo hard for me, even I've tried many times before he got married too since he had alot of girlfriends time by time but I cloudn't get over him completely at all. :( It's so complicated and very hard on me. I guess that fact that we are good friends too made it even harder for me to move on in the first place. Sometimes I wished him and I weren't friends at all and that we never met. I mean "everything happens for a reason" but it's very hard for me. *sigh. And this may sound very childish but out of all the guys I've crushed on. He's been my longest crush. He's the only one that I've been able to like for a year and over. And it's hard because out of all the guys I've crushed on, he's different. I have a thought in mind that there are many fishes in the sea and many more guys in the world but I won't be able to find someone like him. :(

Merit

sarNie Adult
Think of it this way, if it was meant to be than it will. Since he has never show any sign that he likes you in that way and the fact that he's married it's a definite move that he has started another chapter in his life. And moving on is rather difficult when it's one sided.

I remembered when I first entered high school I had a crushed on this guy that was way way older than I am. It lasted 4 years. Yes, 4 long agonizing years. I met him only a few times but somehow I convinced myself that he was worth the pain. Needless, to say it took a lot of effort and determination to also convinced myself that if I will never let him know how I feel then I am carrying this feeling alone and it hurts more than it helps me.

I told myself that he'll have a special place in my heart since he was my first crush but I could no longer postpone my life for what it might never be.

Knowing her a month might be fast but he must be in love to take that step in life with her. I only knew my husband's name when I married him. It might work out.

I know holding a secret like that is uncomfortable espeically when you see him around still. And now that he's married it's a sting that you have to see it. Maybe, you don't have to let go entirely, but surly little by little it would ease the feeling. He's going to be occupy with his new marriage life and that might be a reason to see each other less and makes it a lot easier for you to let go.

Good luck...

blissfulxoxo

sarNie Oldmaid
Thankyou.

I know that our friendship will change. We would be able to talk on the phone for long hours even when he had girlfriends but now that won't ever happen again. And yes, it'll be hard since go do go to school together also but I'll try any way as possible to avoid him if it lessens the pain and makes me able to move forward. (;

anan

sarNie Adult
Attachment is always a pain, especially in ur way,,, one-way secret love....

it's hard to move on,,, but how painful each day when u think about it isn't it ??

well, the only advice that i can give u is: take ur time to move on,,, try to occupy your mind with ur hobbies (go out, go shopping, do sport, hang out with friends or whatever etc...), or focus ur mind in ur study or work,,, Don't regret that fact that u didn't tell him ur feeling, nor blame urself & thinking of the past, wasting time to wish, to expect hopeless thing: he is married. (final dot)

Don't set ur life in the expectation of the other, but set urself free and u can get over it soon ;)
You are still young and there are still lots of good fishes in da sea,,, lol,,, try to catch 2 or 3 at once, and keep the best at the end :p lol take ur time to choose, make urself pretty, love urself, and make urself valuable ;)

G'luck ^_^

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
i have been in the same shoes as you! it lasted 1 and a half freakin years! its hard to get over someone who you have crush on for so long it takes time to heal dont expect yourself to be over him over night. the person who i crushed on was a great friend also just like your friend we would talk every single night. but yea just try to move on just think that he have his wife now and she is becoming his best friend.

sorry if i wasnt much of a help.

Mya

sarNie Hatchling
I think that if someone I liked was with someone else, I'd make myself see them together so that I can just let it burn. Seeing them together would hurt like hell but at least I'd be able to accept that he has someone else now and I must move on. Just think that "His life is going on without me, and I shall go on without him." Letting go only makes you a stronger person.

blissfulxoxo

sarNie Oldmaid
Thankyou everyone.

This means alot to me. Even I can't talk to my friends about this. *sigh. -.-

zienan09

sarNie Hatchling
Thankyou everyone.

This means alot to me. Even I can't talk to my friends about this. *sigh. -.-
you know..i felt exactly like you..had a crush on a guy for the longest time and we became the bestest of friends..and i guess its because i just didnt have the nerves to tell him...nor my friends. and you know..letting him go was soo hard..but i had to do it (because i found out that he just wanted to stay friends with me) so i was crushed. i didnt wanna do anything..seriously.

but i met my ex and seriously..i was more crushed than i was before when we broke up. i didnt care about any other guys. i just wanted to do everything to make it all right again..maybe to make us come together again. but damns. i needed my friends the most and they were the only people i kept away from because i was scared of what they might think.

you know..i learned my lesson the hard way. no matter what, you gotta keep your true friends up to date with you. if they're your friends, they always got your back and will be there for you. no matter how much they hate the situation you're in, they will do everything in the whole wide world for you. i know that i left my friends there..and i know i hurt them by doing so. i know im still doing that once in awhile..but im getting out of the habit. im keeping my friends up to date on me and they help me in every way possible. also, these are the best source of ppl when you need advice or encouragement. when i was trying to get over my ex, you do not know how many ways and how many things they did to help me move on and forget about him. and now that i have a big crush on someone (that they all approve and expect me to get married to already..lols), they encourage me to tell him and make it go somewhere. lols. in time of bad or good, TRUE friends will always be there for you. dont take them for granted and dont overlook them. they love you for who you are and will always be there for you =)

ahaha..that was a long shpill from me..so i'll stop here. buts good luck on everything!