[GMM25] A Tale of Thousand Stars (GMMTV): Earth Pirapat / Mix Sahaphap

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Looks like he's totally a new guy, but he seems fine.

Same director as "He's Coming to Me" and "Dark Blue Kiss", so looks promising. I think GMMTV can risk this and make this air weeknight. The trailer has an emotional tug IMO.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Mix looks a bit like Nonkul. I read somewhere that he was only chosen for the role a few weeks ago. I wonder who were the others considered for his role.

(I remember seeing an IG photo of him and Plapodd/Sun in "Dark Blue Kiss" with some other GMMTV guys in @backaof's IG post last year. Plapodd would have been OK for the role. But he's gotten no project for GMMTV next year, so far.)

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Here's the song in the trailer.

Man, I rewatched the trailer and it's sooo damn good. Should the show at least live up to this trailer (initial one at that), I can actually envision this becoming the first-ever drama that will get GMMTV some critics' awards.

hdee

sarNie Juvenile
Basic plot about heart transplant seems a bit been there and done that.....I have watched hollywood and bollywood versions....even the 2 Kdrama versions. But the twist here is the bl aspect of the story. And also its Earth's first lead, right? I'm interested to see how it'll turn out. Anyone read the book?......It looks like earth's character gets shot.....I don't like SE's in my bl's. So spoilers please.....is it a happy ending?

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ We have a couple of Filipino dramas with that plot too haha. But what's refreshing here perhaps is that it's the first time in quite a long while (or probably ever) that a BL drama is not set in a school/university. With the right screenplay, heck GMMTV can market this to the regular lakorn crowd.

It ain't the first time for Earth to have a main role, but he's got that with an ensemble ("Waterboyy", "Kiss Me Again").

hdee

sarNie Juvenile
^ We have a couple of Filipino dramas with that plot too haha. But what's refreshing here perhaps is that it's the first time in quite a long while (or probably ever) that a BL drama is not set in a school/university. With the right screenplay, heck GMMTV can market this to the regular lakorn crowd.

It ain't the first time for Earth to have a main role, but he's got that with an ensemble ("Waterboyy", "Kiss Me Again").
Yeah I wish they would start moving out of the school/uni setting and start experimenting with new settings to keep the bl storylines fresh. All the series airing right now have uni/school setting....and also all the upcoming ones too....WRU, UWMA, Umbrella series,etc
I think maybe thats why I liked Trapped so much.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
I need this to air after watching epi 2 of The Effect o_O.

So love Earth, i cant say enough of what a great actor he is.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
As of today, Mix has 200K+ followers on IG already. I remember him having just a few thousand followers last October when the drama was announced.

Earth has over 600K+ followers. He's actually been gaining steadily, despite getting cast for supporting roles (for both popular BL dramas "Love by Chance" and "Theory of Love"). His last lead role was a straight role in "Kiss Me Again", opposite Pango.

I wonder if this drama will have the same impact, the way "2gether" is doing for both Bright and Win.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Is this a BL lakorn? Not really into BL but it gets popular everywhere already. Sorry to notice but some Thai stars have weird English nicknames lol

And yes the other guy looks like Tik!!!

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ Yes it is. It's amongst the most anticipated project of GMMTV for this year, for it's rare to have a BL drama outside the campus setting.

==========

I think this was back when some GMMTV rookies did a workshop last year, but it'd be great to see if Mix will have the same level of success that Win is enjoying now. I'd love to see young bloods rising up from the camp.

http://instagr.am/p/B_Z8OrNg8Lb/