❤️[ONE31] Sai Roong (Change2561): Pong Nawat / Sammy Cowell

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Looks like there's some sort of controversy regarding this one coz Kwan Usamanee was supposed to be the lead here, but she's signed up (supposedly) with PPTV and she wasn't aware that this drama will air on GMM25. (This is what I picked up from Pantip and some posts on Facebook using Google Translate haha.)

Mr. Koo is directing this, and I think he's just finishing "Dtaem Rak" before he commences with this project.

http://instagr.am/p/B8S2ZOmDZmF/

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Not sure if this is a remake of this drama

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Aww I would have liked to see Kwan in this. She should have signed no contract at all, why bind yourself when you were stuck in ch7 for over a decade. That being said, it would have been best if she stayed with Ch7. She was still doing pretty well there.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
the n’ek life is messy and troublesome in this lakorn. She was an alcoholic and her mom was controlling. Kwan’s life is somewhat like this lakorn. It would be ironic if she did get cast here. Lol

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I saw the news that this was being remade by GMM. I liked the story even though the logic was kinda nonexistent. Aum is the p'ek and the new n'ek is an ex-Ch7 star too. I can only think of Mai and Poo as the mixed/halfie ex-Ch7 star off the top of my head. I think the mixed race look is actually part of the storyline, so that's why I'm thinking of those 2.

There used to be rumors Anne was going to remake this for Ch3 but that's obviously out the window.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ It'd be great to see Mai, but she's got 2 dramas already - one with Push in PPTV (Her getting paired with Aum was even brought up there haha) and another with Pong and Krit in One31.

If being a halfie were a strong consideration, Marie Broenner from One31 can be considered. She already won an acting award for Mia 2018, so acting shouldn't be an issue.

Otherwise, I only have 1 actress in mind - Baifern P. No question about her acting, plus she's a ratings draw.

Last edited:

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Yeah Mai would fit the role perfectly, because she's also got that 'traditional' model look vs Kwan or Poo. I mean it's a remake so they can make all the big changes they want but seeing that they went with Kwan as first choice, I'm thinking they're keeping that plot line.

The halfie look is a big plot, pretty much sets up the background. From what I remember, because May (n'ek) looks mixed, her father's side of the family treats her mom poorly cause they think the mom cheated on the dad. This is partly the driver for the mom turning into an alcoholic and making the choices she did with May, and her mom being an alcoholic later sets up May turning into one too.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Wait Aum A is the p’ek??? Am I dreaming right now! Finally he’s back as p’ek :cheer: Hopefully the n’ek is someone I find appealing or I’m gonna be upset lol

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Okay I’m seeing posts that the n’ek is Sammy! Omg I would die of happiness of Sammy was in this. Supposedly her contract is running out but I thought she already re-signed with them?

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ From this thread in Pantip, Sammy has an upcoming drama with Channel 7.

I'm seeing Susie's name being suggested here. I think that's plausible coz she has an upcoming Club Friday next month, and Change2561 tends to work with actors they already worked with before.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ Same question as well. I haven't seen anything in Pantip nor in IG, hence I'm not yet changing the thread title.

But I think Aum is a possibility. He has worked with GMM25 before in "Ngao" and with Change2561 in CF Celeb Stories with Noon W.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Aum’s confirmed. In all those stories about Kwan ditching the teaser filming, they mentioned it. One of the rumors is that Kwan didn’t want to work with Aum and wanted Push.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Lmao imagine wanting to work with Push over Aum. What a joke :rolleyes: Super unprofessional!

So if Aum is the p’ek, I can totally see him playing the role. It’s right up his alley. Sammy would be a great choice for n’ek if it ends up being her.

lakornwatcher

sarNie Adult
Kinda surprised that Aum is pra'ek in here since he hasn't really gotten any pra'ek roles lately but I'm glad Aum is confirmed in here. He is still very handsome (I actually think he looks better as he age) and has better acting than most pra'ek now days so idk why they would downgrade him. Anyways this was a good Lakorn. I don't remember much but Anne T. was in the older version with Johnny A.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Nk has to be a look krueng

The guy mentioned a ch7 actress who is finishing up their contract....he mouth something that sounds like sammy.....well more of the word MEE.....

Speculate it could be stephanie (mee)....she currently has no lakorn filming/ lined up

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Aum has an ongoing drama in One31, with Cris, Bank and Maprang. He's the p'ek there.

It's great that GMM25 is getting these Channel 7 ladies. One upcoming drama from Game Rak Ao Keun director (with Noon W) will have Amy and Grace.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Nk has to be a look krueng

The guy mentioned a ch7 actress who is finishing up their contract....he mouth something that sounds like sammy.....well more of the word MEE.....

Speculate it could be stephanie (mee)....she currently has no lakorn filming/ lined up
I’d much rather it be Sammy than Stephanie but it seems like it’s most likely Stephanie.