[GMM25] Wannueng Jaa Pben Superstar (GMM)

withunnichan

sarNie Hatchling
I get the difference between all Asian dramas. Alot of Thai dramas look and feel like recorded stage plays, whereas Korean dramas only give off that feel in sitcoms or dailies and some sageuks. Lakorns and Indian dramas usually always have a soap opera format where that doesn't come across at all in Japanese dramas. Taiwanese dramas are such a mixed bag, you almost always have to just turn on the show to see what you're going to get. The approach is definitely different and this project and UDS certainly feels more like American teenage/college primetime fair. Akin to ABC Family or what you'd find on the CW before 9pm. Very grateful for the refreshing aura of these recent productions.

I also don't understand statements like "not N'ek material." Are we referring to ability, exposure, or apearance? Cause seems to me, only one of the three actually matter in the long run. I was surprised to see Gypso cast here but I think she will make her character endearing. The previews look fun and quirky and not too OTT. Looks like a cute story and I'm certain Push will sell his side of the narrative. The whole "sitcom" label seems to be a trend but I think it's because it's a light and breezy "rom-com" and not a traditional lakorn. I just think they don't really know what else to call it. Lol.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
i don't know n'k material either...i'm thinking it's more look wise and I'm a guilty of that...hahaha...SHE NOT CUTE ENOUGH for MY MAN!!! Waaaahhhh...lol

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

I have watch many lakorns where I didn't really care about the pra'nang but the storyline/trailer looks good....unfortunately for this 1 it didn't catch my attention but i'm always willing to try like I did in ugly duckling....but I like less drama like they had in Perfect match

sometime I try to watch these "top rated" lakorn and DON'T enjoy it at all -.- I feel it really depends on the "hook" 

P'Iso

sarNie Egg
I'm loving the less serious dramas. I hope they make more. A lot of the lakorn have been remakes lately. I have a girl crush on gypso. I think the quirky makes her more easy to identify with. I if she was too pretty I think I'd like it less.

I guess I have the reverse problem that @spank has.

Step

Mrs James Ma
In Gypso, she lacks the aura of a N'ek. Example she is like Diana (Anne is promoting her heavily) or in men, Alex Rendell. When you look at them, you don't feel they can be the lead no matter how good they are at acting. It's not about looks, ability or expression cos there are many who are plain looking or average talent but still something about them attracts people, it's the aura.

P'Iso

sarNie Egg
I guess we'll find out how good she is when the show starts. I'm hoping the best. Like I said earlier I'm happy with flawed characters. It makes them easier to identify with. I think some lakorn I never do that. Who can identify with rich beautiful people all the time?

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Lol I have no problem watching lakorn where I don't think pra'nang looks good...I love the uglt duckling perfect match because he's so accepting of her "heart"

mayday

sarNie Hatchling
well, its not like gypso is an amateur or something, she has done quite a number of movies before so it won't be that bad i guess~~

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Lol I actually don't really think push is that hott either. .. many pix I seen .. I'm like he's good looking but.. .. haha but him in perfect match is 'swoon' worthy...

I've never seen gypso work, so no opinion. ..I hope gmm keep up on the fun light drama

mayag

sarNie Adult
spanky said:
Lol I actually don't really think push is that hott either. .. many pix I seen .. I'm like he's good looking but.. .. haha but him in perfect match is 'swoon' worthy...

I've never seen gypso work, so no opinion. ..I hope gmm keep up on the fun light drama

I think it's Push's personality that makes him sooooo attractive  :spin:

P'Iso

sarNie Egg
I'm down with everything push. I'm so excited....this is the first time I've ever been excited for a Monday lol

spanky

sarNie OldFart
yes his personality in Perfect match lol which they said match him in real life....I do fall in love w/personalities more haha..it enhance his already good looks which in turn the combo makes him "swoon" worthy/hott....other than that he just a pretty good looking guy....

Step

Mrs James Ma
Idk if Push is handsome or not  :shrug: But I loved him in leh nangfah first. He was HOT and handsome too :wink: I rewatched it only for him. I admit that my crush on him was based on his looks first :coverlaf: when I followed him, then loved him more for his personality. He did not get his whole face corrected but only his eyes, even those eyes are not perfect lol but still it makes him look adorable  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  

Step

Mrs James Ma
Thank you for his name :) I too thought he resembled him but I had forgotten his name, from yesterday I was scratching my head to find out JCW's name :lolyup:
mayag said:
He really resembles Ji Chang Wook in that picture.

mayag

sarNie Adult
Step said:
Thank you for his name :) I too thought he resembled him but I had forgotten his name, from yesterday I was scratching my head to find out JCW's name :lolyup:

Haha you're welcome! Actually Push is older so I guess we should say Ji Chang Wook resembles Push. Just in some angles though.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Right. Push does not look like he will be 30 soon. He looks so young
mayag said:

Haha you're welcome! Actually Push is older so I guess we should say Ji Chang Wook resembles Push. Just in some angles though.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
lol don't kill me but sometime he seem gay to me...maybe cuz of the damn skinny jeans...make him appear less manly haha...and certain poses -.- haha...I still think he's a hotty esp. w/the cheeky personal