❤️[GMMTV / Parbdee] F4 Thailand : Bright Vachirawit / Win Metawin / Dew Jirawat / Nani Hirunkit / Tu Tontawan

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Maya_Fantasy said:
Lenlin, I'm not sure if you see the "Coffee Princes" thai version, if they can pulled of the "Coffee Princes" I think they will do well with this one too.  But I hope they don't do scene per scene as they did with "CP". :yuck: :thumbdown: That one is annoying, they didn't have their own identity at all. At least "Full House" with Aom and Mike has their own essences.
I haven't seen the Thai version of CP or FH, but I did hear good things about FH. I loved CP and was eh with FH (the Korean versions), so when I heard the Thai version of FH was slightly different, I downloaded it to watch but haven't gotten around to it. For CP, even though I loved the original, I don't want to watch a re-hash of it scene for scene, so I don't know. If I can find it for download, then I might one day give it a shot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the mainland China version Meteor Showers was a parody of the original and not an actual remake? I thought I remember reading that somewhere when it first aired and I was thinking, "My goodness, not another one!" But then I read it was supposed to be a parody, so I thought that was okay.

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
lenlin said:
I haven't seen the Thai version of CP or FH, but I did hear good things about FH. I loved CP and was eh with FH (the Korean versions), so when I heard the Thai version of FH was slightly different, I downloaded it to watch but haven't gotten around to it. For CP, even though I loved the original, I don't want to watch a re-hash of it scene for scene, so I don't know. If I can find it for download, then I might one day give it a shot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the mainland China version Meteor Showers was a parody of the original and not an actual remake? I thought I remember reading that somewhere when it first aired and I was thinking, "My goodness, not another one!" But then I read it was supposed to be a parody, so I thought that was okay.
No the Chinese version was not a parody, if it was they did a bad job lol. Overall it felt like a legit drama. Storyline was pretty different than the other versions. For one, Yun Hai (main guy) was not childhood friends with the other three, they all met when he was a new student at their school. Their friendship became pretty strong, really fast lol. Oddly enough the Yuxun (main girl) and Duan Mu (second male lead) were actually childhood friends. Duan Mu, if I remember correctly, had a thing for one of their teachers in the first season. Shangguan (Chinese Yi jung) was into Xiao Yu (Chinese Ga Eul), who was Yuxun's bestie, she older than the main group in this version. Ye Shuo (Chinese Woo Bin) was into Yun Hai's older sister, whereas in the Korean version Ji Hoo loved the sister. I never finished the second season yet but I am sure the three couples ended up together. 

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
040156 said:

Yes, I do remember the 1995 version. it's funny how each version changes depending on the fashion trends of that era. I mean, the main characters ARE supposed to be rich and trendy and all that. In the 1995 version, long sleeved loose polos and high waisted pants were the "in-thing" . The taiwan version is famous for the Nokia cell phones! then the fashion choices were so different for the Japanese and the Korean versions. Though I think the one that was really close to the manga, in terms of fashion, was the Taiwan version. Looking back now, their outfits are so cringe worthy. :p

Holy cow! I've never heard of the Indian version. That is so interesting! But wikipedia says it has 150 episodes. I think my limit is 60. I don't think I can handle 150. I'll just wait for the Thai version then. hahaha. 

I've seen the Taiwan, Japanese and Korean versions. Although i'm fairly new to the world of Lakorns, I'm guessing that it'll turn out to be more like the Taiwan version than the Korean version - with the exception of course of the main female character. I think if it were a Lakorn, the girl character would be more expressive, assertive and animated like perhaps the Japanese or Korean versions. I dunno, the Taiwan version to me seemed more dramatic and "corny", but in a good way. And the mother villain would definitely be more cuckoo in the Thai version, I think. 

I think Push would look really good as the main character (the Domyouji) although it's hard to imagine him with curly hair. The crucial character in Hana Yori Dango though is the secondary male lead (the Rui). For me, the best version is the Japanese version, just because I felt that the Japanese Rui was the best. I think the second main character was made for all the girl viewers to fall in love with him so they can all just root for the main girl and main guy to end up together. Whoever they pick as the Rui, I think he has to be good at smiling with tears in his eyes. Not a lot of guys can do that. Unfortunately, I've only seen CH3 Lakorns so far so I don't know any guys who can fit the bill for this one.  

He doesn't necessarily have to have a curly hair because in other versions, the guys weren't having curly hair, only the Korean version does.

I've seen 4 versions, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. I love all versions differently, but I must say I love the Taiwanese the most, equally to the Japanese version, then the Chinese version, lastly the Korean version. If I have to compare all four of these versions, then I would say the Taiwanese version is the most natural and classical version out of all the other versions because it was mostly similar to the manga, since it was the first live adaption so yeah. However, I like the ending of the Japanese version more than all versions. The Japanese version was the funniest and light-hearted version out of all versions. This version and the Taiwanese version's actors conveyed their acting really well, the lead characters of these two versions had the most convincing chemistry out of all. The Chinese version, the storylline was somehow new and interesting, although it has based on similar stories. I would say, I love this version's male lead character the most because he's the nicest and the most caring character to the female lead character out of all versions. However, this version is somewhat similar to the Taiwanese version, I would say. Lastly, the Korean version. I would say the Korean version was the most cliche` version out of all, but some parts were similar to the Japanese version.

If I have to name my most favorite to my least favorite, it would be:

1. Meteor Garden (Taiwanese Version), equally to Hana Yori Dango (Japanese Version).
2. Meteor Shower (Chinese Version)
3. Boys Over Flowers (Korean Version)

Female Lead Characters
The most likable: Tsukushi Makino (Japanese)
The smartest, dedicated, and faithful to her lover: Chu Yuxun (Chinese)
The strongest and toughest: Shan Cai (Taiwanese)
The most suffered: Geum Jan Di (Korean)

Male Lead Characters
The most funniest and wrong spoken words: Tsukasa Domyouji (Japanese)
The most nicest, considerate, dedicated, and caring: Murong Yunhai (Chinese)
The most hot-headed and stubborn, but considerate and humble: Dao Ming Si (Taiwanese)
The most hot-tempered and toughest: Gu Jun Pyo (Korean)

2nd Lead Characters
The most caring/nicest and considerate: Hua Ze Lei (Taiwanese)
The most dedicated to the female lead character: Rui Hanazawa (Japanese)
The most significant into the female lead character's personal life: Yoon Ji-Hoo (Korean)
The most non-significant, but caring: Duanmu Lei (Chinese)  

I hope they would change the title of this drama because every countries that remade this all have different names, so I hope they would change the name too.

PS. Out of topic, but if this drama were to remake from Channel 3, I think the one who can play Goo Jun Pyo's character really well would be James Ma, as how I see him played in Khun Chai Ronnapee, makes me feel that he can portray well as Goo Jun Pyo/Dao Ming Si/Murong Yunhai/Tsukasa Domyouji's character.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
@xcinsationalx No, Kao Supassra. She's one of the popular actors from the Hormones series. She has a million followers on IG and looks like the actress from the Korean version of BOF. I want Mo in here though, since this is an Exact lakorn. :cry:

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh okay lol. The Hormone Series was never subbed so I never checked it out, but I heard very good things about it. Just googled her though and I don't think she looks much like the Hye Sun but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I really want Mo in this lakorn but again it's looking rough because based on what you guys are saying this girl has a pretty big following. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. 

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
I think Gu Hye Sun and Kao share similar features, such as their straight brows, round eyes and pudgy noses.

Yeah, Kao has one million followers on IG, and there was a rumor since the beginning that Dan was going to cast Hormones actors. I really hope I'm pleasantly surprised though, and it turns out to be Mo. I want her to be in here as the female lead soooo badddd. Because it's a popular series though, I don't think Dan will want to risk casting an unknown actress. :( Compared to Kao, Mo has a much lower chance of being casted in here. Kao already has a huge fan base, so casting her in a popular and well known series will draw in a lot more views.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
mmgjp314 said:
My most favorite version is Meteor Garden, the Taiwanese version, because it looks more classic and natural. The actors portrayed their characters very well, and I love the romance between the main characters better than all of the other versions. Also, Hua Ze Lei in this version was more considerate and the nicest to Shan Cai (main girl) than any versions of this character. Second is Hana Yori Dango, because it was dramatic and funny at the same time. I actually really think Domyouji's character has a more sense of humor, he's funny haha This is also another version I thought was natural and classic, plus the lead characters has a very natural chemistry with each other because they date each other in real life as well. I love this version's ending more than all versions. Third would be Meteor Shower, the Chinese version, because they've changed some of the storyline, and made it more new and interesting. However, there are things that doesn't change is that in all versions, in the first season all of the lead girls would be the one hurting the lead guys' feelings, then in the second season the lead guy hurts the girls' feeling for a payback. Also, in the first season, out of all the lead guys' characters, Yunhai (lead character) was the nicest out of all versions, but there will be changes in the second season. Lastly, would be the Korean version.

That is only wishful thinking and speculations for Inoue & Jun.  I know they did not date during the times of HYD.  Now... maybe but then.. no.  But yes, they did have good chemistry in their version though.  But I couldn't help but support Hanazawa Rui :3

mmgjp314 said:

He doesn't necessarily have to have a curly hair because in other versions, the guys weren't having curly hair, only the Korean version does.

I've seen 4 versions, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. I love all versions differently, but I must say I love the Taiwanese the most, equally to the Japanese version, then the Chinese version, lastly the Korean version. If I have to compare all four of these versions, then I would say the Taiwanese version is the most natural and classical version out of all the other versions because it was mostly similar to the manga, since it was the first live adaption so yeah. However, I like the ending of the Japanese version more than all versions. The Japanese version was the funniest and light-hearted version out of all versions. This version and the Taiwanese version's actors conveyed their acting really well, the lead characters of these two versions had the most convincing chemistry out of all. The Chinese version, the storylline was somehow new and interesting, although it has based on similar stories. I would say, I love this version's male lead character the most because he's the nicest and the most caring character to the female lead character out of all versions. However, this version is somewhat similar to the Taiwanese version, I would say. Lastly, the Korean version. I would say the Korean version was the most cliche` version out of all, but some parts were similar to the Japanese version.

Yes, the curly hair isn't necessary but if you've read the manga.. you would know that Tsukasa Domyouji has curly hair.  From out of those drama adaptations, only the Japanese & Korean remakes adopted the curly hair.  Jerry's Dao Ming Su's character had a hairstyle of his own 555555... Gosh when I think back of the fashion trends from back in the days... it's hilarious :p

And wow, you must've power watched the two dramas.. because I remember you saying you only saw 2 versions.

If they're really remaking this version... I hope they put some Thai culture or aspect into it.. I wouldn't just want a remake of a remake.  At least add some changes.

I don't get why everyone isn't basing off the characters from the other drama adaptations and only from the Korean one.  All the adaptations have it's own goodness. 

I personally thought Inoue Mao was too darn cute to play Makino.. but hey she worked her character.

I guess Barbie & GHS matched it because they looked average to play the character. 

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
aikoden said:

That is only wishful thinking and speculations for Inoue & Jun.  I know they did not date during the times of HYD.  Now... maybe but then.. no.  But yes, they did have good chemistry in their version though.  But I couldn't help but support Hanazawa Rui :3

Yes, the curly hair isn't necessary but if you've read the manga.. you would know that Tsukasa Domyouji has curly hair.  From out of those drama adaptations, only the Japanese & Korean remakes adopted the curly hair.  Jerry's Dao Ming Su's character had a hairstyle of his own 555555... Gosh when I think back of the fashion trends from back in the days... it's hilarious :p

And wow, you must've power watched the two dramas.. because I remember you saying you only saw 2 versions.

If they're really remaking this version... I hope they put some Thai culture or aspect into it.. I wouldn't just want a remake of a remake.  At least add some changes.

Yeah, when I said that, I actually really did watched 2 versions but after that, I started to watch the other 2 versions haha So now, I've watched all 4, which were the Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, and Chinese versions. Out of all versions, the Korean one was the most cliche`, the Taiwanese one was the most natural and classic, the Japanese one has the best ending, and the Chinese one has the most different story line and the most interesting but was sort of similar to the Taiwanese one.

As for Mao & Jun, well I was reading through comments on youtube on HYD, that these two have dated since 9 years long, which was during that drama, and was married by the end of last year. 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Maybe the dating is true... but the marriage is a speculation... because if you know Johnny's Entertainment.. they're strict as heck on their people.. you can't even date or have any social media whatsoever.  Literally, it's strict!

I give you props in finishing all the adaptations. :)

I'm having a hard time picturing a cast for this remake... because it's coming from Exact... and it's limited.

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
aikoden said:
^ Maybe the dating is true... but the marriage is a speculation... because if you know Johnny's Entertainment.. they're strict as heck on their people.. you can't even date or have any social media whatsoever.  Literally, it's strict!

I give you props in finishing all the adaptations. :)

I'm having a hard time picturing a cast for this remake... because it's coming from Exact... and it's limited.

Then we'll see if the marriage is true or not.. so strict.

yes haha I've finished all, well actually, there are not only 4 versions, there's still 2 more versions, which are the American and Indian versions. But I couldn't bear myself to finish the American version's first episode. It totally sucks. And I'm not watching the Indian version cause it's too long, it has 150 episodes, and it's still continuing, I can't tolerate myself watching that long as it's a drama. If they were to make it as seasons then it's fine, but they filmed as a whole part of a drama like wow man... 

AsianFemale

Mrs. Kim Junsu
Oh jesus christ!!!! Mo not na'ek material. Sorry fans. Why are they trying to remake these drama? LMAO

hcsj4275

sarNie Egg
Hanadan is seriously one of my favorite dramas of all time. I have read the manga, watched the anime, and all of the movies and dramas. If i were to rank from my favorite to least favourite it'll be

1) Meteor Garden and Hana yori dango
2) Boys over flowers
3) meteor shower
4) Boys Before friends

I don't mind anybody acting as domyouji, tsukushi or hanazawa rui. But i just hope that the storyline will follow closely to the manga

for zeros

sarNie Hatchling
I think the main characters are high school students.
maybe a bunch of new faces?
or they'll change the age setting.. 

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
The cast is probably going to be confirmed soon. Exact's casts for their other two Korean drama remakes are already confirmed. I think it's going to be Kao Suprassra in here for sure, and likely Push as Jun Pyo. Mo won't be in here since she's already in I'm Sorry, I Love You as supporting. Not that she had a chance to begin with anyways, knowing Exact...

You know what? At this point, I won't even mind if Mo gets casted as Jan Di's friend. It still seems impossible though... Sigh......

If I were to guess, the cast is probably going to be:

Push as Jun Pyo (85%)
Kao as Jan Di (95%)
Kang The Star or someone from the Hormones series as Ji Hoo (70%)
Mouse or someone from Hormones as Yi Jung (65%)
Pango as Ga Eul (75%)

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
Is Kang the Star, Kangsom? Because it looks like he's in I'm Sorry I Love You as supporting too. Apparently he's reuniting with Mo. 

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
No, Kang The Star is in an upcoming Exact lakorn, a musical. That one will be his debut to small screens. If he's in here too, it'll be his second lakorn. Kangsom The Star is the one reuniting with Mo in the other Korean drama remake. Kang The Star has big round eyes like Kim Hyun Joong.

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
Darn all these actors and their similar names lol. Alright just googled him, he's pretty good looking. I liked him in his music video with Esther.