Going to L.A.

untinnu

sarNie Adult
Hi everybody!!!

Ok, I'm planning a trip to LA...in May..and I wanted to know where are good places to shop!!! and of course..hotels..I won't be brining my car, since I don't know my way around LA so it'll be nice if the hotel is near shopping areas..or any place fun...any suggestions on where to go? what to do? any you-haven't-been-to-LA-if-you-haven't-eaten/seen-this..?

For those who knows about the Hollywood Bowl, (it was just announced that DBSK will be there!!! now tickets are like $400 for one..gahhh!! I'm going crazy)..I'll be going to LA around that time!!! w00t!!! any suggestions on hotels near HB? I'm planning on stalking some peeps ^^ btw, anyone plan on going to the Korean Music Festival?

you have to go to Sunset Blvd. in Santa Monica...omg...they have really cute, trendy shops for blocks on end! umm...let's see...where else could you go? Thai Town is a must! of course, there's the typical Chinese Theatre and the blocks of stars' names on the sidewalk...

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
Are you going with a group of friends? If you are you should consider renting a car and get directions from mapquest before you go! That's what I did my first time going to L.A. Hahah...I was like 19 with no clue of anything in L.A. My friends and I rented a car and followed directions to wherever we wanted to go. I definitely recommend going to Santa Monica beach...it's so nice at night! Universal Studios is fun, Thai Town, China Town, Korean Town - you name it! There's some good Thai restaurants off of Hollywood Blvd and a great dessert shop called Baan Kanom Thai or something like that haha can't remember and I went again this past summer! As for hotels try looking at hotels.com you may find good deals within reach of the places you want to go with good deals. ^_^

dfemc

sarNie Adult
definitely sunset blvd, and santa monica blvd, as that person above suggests. n u go can into smaller districts like La Cienega. i'm a big thrift shop fan, so i mostly do thrift shops along the smaller alleys, and some small stores around UCLA the westwood area isn't so bad. but personally, i enjoy the FASHION DISTRICT in downtown LA, there's loads of cool cheap goods (obviously from china n the rest of the world), but sold by local folks, and the JEWELRY DISTRICT as well where u can get wholesale jewelry or jewelry at wholesale prices. n if ur into makin' ur own stuff, there's tons of FABRIC shops with beautiful selections a few blocks down from the FASHION district. n if u go further u'll hit little tokyo with more cute stores and a great cuban restaurant in the corner. n towards china town, there's that one plaza that has good dim sum and a great houseware store downstairs from the restaurant. yeah, definitely plenty.

enjoy :)

judyp

sarNie Adult
im not really an LA person. but the last time i went was in october, i stayed at the marriott in woodland hills near the warner center. it was about 15 minutes away from universal studios. i've gone there twice, it was okay. i guess i expected more. its mainly attractions. lots of shopping before you enter the actual park. i went to thai town because i heard lots of speculation, but i wasn't too thrilled about it. but LA is such a big city, im sure you can find other things to do there. their malls are really big & nice. but parking sucks ass! anyhow, i suggest you plan ahead in what you're going to do and where you're going to go. get a map/navigation system if possible. you can easily get lost!

pze

sarNie Adult
girl ur going to hb too....im going with my friends too....we still havent booked our hotel yet either....but yep santa monica beach...k-town, thai town....fashion district if u like to bargain.....

untinnu

sarNie Adult
Thank you for everyone's comment..LOL..i'm currently taking notes and researching these sites..and OMG!! I can't wait to shop!!! I'm thinking of bringing about $1000 just for shopping..OMG!! I'mma go crazy over there!!!!!!!!!!!

and to pze: yes!!! HB!!!!!!!! and you should book the hotel quick..there's A LOT of people that's flying in from all over (DBSG fans!!!)..and hotels are going fast!!!

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
hey im going to LA too on 6th april woo!! im stayin at four seasons hotel Los Angeles at Beverly hills i dont like it at all is classic buh ma mom wants to go there haha we guna go to tha thai town in LA and do tha shoppin that has to be done !! haha buh there is loaddds to do u just go past some stuff and wanna do

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
In California we call HB= Huntington Beach
don't forget to go Santa Monica Pier really nice and has shopping to..

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Also, if you don't like driving and parking--cuz it sucks! I suggest you get on the red-line (subway station) and orange line and others...they're very handy. Yoy pay 5 bucks for an all-day ride anywhere in LA, North Hollywood Pasadena and even Long Beach. Good luck and have fun, be ready to spend lots of money. :p

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
untinnu...i wanna go too!!! lol i can prolly get my cousin to give me another tour!...

sounds like lots of fun...yes theres lots of places to go and lots of things to do!!