Good Relationship Articles

sarN

sarNie Granny
All woman want to be center of their lover universe but sadly it's not the case  . That is why I once said , the man  i love/adorable I can never get because he gay  :cry: but he the most understanding/caring man I ever meet  :dance1:  . At least , if I can't have him no other woman can and that  leave me some satisfaction   :annoyed:

cecilia

Staff member
^That's when you'll be like can we be like Bollywood and have 'pretender' instead of the real deal. 

I still have faith that there's still some good men out there ... just that timing is not to our favor yet lol

sarN

sarNie Granny
like friend with benefit ??? I wish I could get some kind of Obama care from him but nope -- just friendship. And girl, sometime faith can skip us  . you have to go out there and make your own faith too . i know in Asian culture it's bad for the girl to seek  a guy companion and i know us girl like to have our own romance fantasy , how a man will come along and swept us off our feet. Don't be picky , my sister once told me " Give yourself a chance by letting other have a chance" . If there a guy that not in your list of 'man of my dream' ask you out , you should give him a chance and you might be surprise . And if you like a guy , try ask him out and if he taken just smile and play it cool , then walk away  :dance2: it happen to me all the time .

cecilia

Staff member
lol too funny! Friends with benefits never end up good so no to that ... 

I agree on the whole giving an asking man a chance because my sister's story is the living proof of it lol She gave her husband (used to be her guy friend) a chance after being heart broken and now they're happily married with two children.

aimeelove

sarNie Juvenile
I like that the article states about being in the presence of your significant other. it is so true and important to feel their presence. once that presence is gone, thats when the relationship falls apart. and being presence also means being there attentively, listening, feeling, enjoying and spending quality time with them. for a relationship to last is a lot of hard work and a true blessing! thanks for the article! i enjoy reading all the great stories and articles!  :kiss2:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
When I couple gets too comfortable is when things starts to fade. Routine is a slow death to a relationship. Honestly, it takes a lot to make a relationship work and so many people tried and failed. I love watching those old couples. How they love and grow old together and usually die shortly after one another too. Now, that is freaking true love and nowadays it is rare cause everyone think the grass is greener than the other side.

sarN

sarNie Granny
"love" is such an emotional word/feeling , i do pray i will fall in love -- FOR REAL  :heart:  :heart:  not just for fun and game like some kind of crazy hen w/o a head and If I  experience heart  break in the process , I welcome it because "it's better to love and lost than never love at all" .I also hope this young at heart of mine will finally have some closure in this never ending hunt game and safely put away in the red room with my one and only. the end.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
If you find the right partner falling in love is probably the most precious gift...it is rare now to find that person as if somehow they are made for the selected few.  I get jealous watching older couples sitting at a restaurant knows what is going on with the other person simply just silently stare him/her in the eyes. I do also know that, for certain couples it takes a lot of trials and tribulations to get to that stage and people now are not willing to invest the time and patience to get to the end.

At the same time, I think the divorce rate scares a lot of people also. By looking at the number one would question where is the hope for me?

sarN

sarNie Granny
o' there no hope then if we look at the number HAHA ! 60% divorce rate and more if you are dating! That's mean out of us three ...  you , me and Cell -- most likely me and Cell will end up in divorce before the 5 years mark ! After 4 propose , 1 engagement , 1 at the alter , 1 oversea & dozen more that i hunt down can not give me a happy ever after , there really no hope for this cougar heart of mine but i do pray for that special young man to come along .. :dance2:

cecilia

Staff member
lol No!!!  :bhehe:

Seriously, that divorce rate is .. something else for sure. However, my parent has been together for over 34+ years so I'm going to hold onto that last faith that my one and only is heading my way lol

sarN, have faith  :grouphug:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Trust me. Nobody pray as hard or even keep faith alive as much as me because I even 'wai' to a wishing cookie before making a wish for a young man and dear lord , when I crack those cookie and read those small paper for any hint of fulfillment I do feel a bit desperate but I have faith alright & smash those shameful reflection ..haha

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Cecilia, that's the thing. People from older generation puts up with a lot of stuff to be in a relationship. My parents are married for 50+ years but do I want their marriage, hell no. They are one of those couples that I wish to be not like them nor do I envy what they have in the marriage. More than often, I wonder why they are even together?

My sister is married for 25 years and my brother is married for 21 years but I don't drool over any of those marriages. My family have the marriage of lasting for a while. I am going on my 16 years so it seemed I am following in their footsteps :)

The one reason couples don't last is, they give up too easily. Almost, in their mind they are already thinking, if this doesn't work I'll just look elsewhere. They feel like there's always someone out there waiting for them and that even the smallest argument would lead to a breakup. Relationship, takes tremendous work to even flourish but so often people chose to walk away. I think it's quite sad...when you take the vow it's supposed to mean something. When I watched "Say yes to the dress" and see these women spend up to $10,000 on a dress, I wonder just how long the marriage would last? Cause judging by the number half of them will be divorced.

cecilia

Staff member
lol - Faith is what we need to hold onto to see the goodness in others -- especially, our love ones :)

Byebye, congratulations! That's a lot of years (and counting). I completely agree with you. I don't like how people think that someone is still waiting for them when they already have someone beside them. Options like this should never be in anyone's mind.

I admire my parent for not giving up on each other when they're at each other's worst behaviors but that doesn't means that I want that kind of marriage too .. One thing that scare me about marriage is ... failing it. I see many failed marriages around me and that scare me. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hahahha Sarn....

Cecilia, I have a brother who is almost 40 and still single. Never been married but just likes dating but his relationship never last. He was really serious about a girl once and actually brought her to see us but stupid him he never introduced her to the family and left her sitting by herself without talking to her the whole night. I told him that was a dumb move I would dump his ass the next day if he would ever do that to me. Anyway, he's in the army and his biggest fear the girl leaving him when he is deployed. He did told me, that if she waited for him when he returned from the deployment he would marry her. Needless, to say she didn't and they broke up.

But my concern for him is finding a very compassionate girl because he is one of the sweetest person. He'll help anybody out and too generous with people if they needed help without wanting anything back. He hates gossiping and hates getting into people's business so opposite from me lol. So, I don't want him to just settle down with anyone and have them take advantage of him...hahahh look at me talking about my brother's problem.

Anyway, I don't know how old generation do it. Like my parents' marriage. Then never show affection, never do anything remotely romantic. Does not celebrate birthdays or so on. I would pull my hair out if I have a marriage like that. I think they went through so much in their relationship in the past that they just hang in there till the end even if the result is short of a failure. But I am such a firm believer that what's meant to be will never be broken up no matter what or who tries to come in between. The same goes, that if you are not meant to be  no matter how much love you have for that person something will find a way to ruin it forever.

sarN

sarNie Granny
if your brother was 15 years younger ...i might consider meeting him  :dance1: i'm quite a catch  , he will never get bore with me , I do cook & clean ,  i'm decent to look at when the light is dim  :secret: but 40 years old ...good lord i fear older man haha . I'll give him to Cell . 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
hahhah Sarn

He is young looking to be almost 40s. One thing I so love about him is he gives me pretty much what I want lol. I am blunt with him to a point it comes out rude. Last month I had my son's birthday and I had it at his house so I don't have to cook or do anything. He paid for everything...he asked my mom what time I am going to show up...she told him about noon...and he said that, watch when she shows up all she does is eat lol. Which was true since I don't know how to cook or anything...I showed up when the food is cook and ready and just eat while I watched everyone else work hahahah

That is why I get worried about him if he marries just a girl. I want her to have a big heart like him. Because you hate seeing someone nice gets taken advantage of especially if he's your brother. I think he has his heart broken so long ago when he was about 17. He truly love that girl...like love her. When she dumped him it changed him till this day. He had a ring he bought her and she gave it back...he ends up giving me that ring. I don't even know what I did to it :)

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
People fall in love but staying in love is the hardest thing too...hence the term one falls in and out of love often. Loving someone takes hard work, you just don't stop trying to show it, feel it, share it and enjoy it with your life partner.  But our ideals are placed so high and challenging one person to live up to our expectations is unrealistic.  Being human, we are flawed.  Keeping this in mind, will best help cherish and grow the love you have with one another.