got a traffic ticket before?

annea

sarNie Adult
I got a traffic ticket like 3 months ago for not making a complete stop on the stop sign ;) ..Sucks! the woman police officer was having attitude with me. She just came out from no where and pulled me over! I dont know how much its gonna cost. maybe around $200 or so. the weird part is I havent heard anything from the court yet. I kept calling like every 2 week to see if my ticket has been processed yet and nothing at all. I have to make an address correction thats why. Got the ticket on June 8, 2008. what should I do? am I gonna get in trouble? anyone wanna share their stories?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Depends on where you live and what the traffic laws are. If you leave a ticket unpaid and don't appear for the court date then there is a possibility it will turn into a warrant and if you are pulled over they may not say anything to you just yet but after awhile you can get arrested for that but since you said that you have been checking up on it there should be no problem and also if you get in trouble for it you can actually plead not guilty and most likely if the cop that gave you the ticket isn't there you will be able to get away with it -.-"

Well thats how things are in texas or dallas rather... also any small mistake on the ticket such as an incorrect address could spare you -.-" but in a few months you should be recieving a letter

annea

sarNie Adult
hopefully I hear something soon. I was thinking I hope the citation got lost or destroy. LOL. I live in CA. But thats my first ticket so i dont really know what to expect. If the ticket/citation hasnt been processed yet then that means theres no record of me getting a ticket right?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Yep there is no record yet that you got a ticket .. but at the same time it depends on the jurisdiction that you got the ticket.. because like here if i get a ticket on a certain street then precinct 1 have the citation in their records.. if i call another precint or other jurisdiction it won't show in their system but if you are pulled over again by a peace officer or constable most likely they will see records of it when they perform a check on you

kitkat

sarNie Elites
You aren't supposed to wait for their call from the court 'cause it already should be on your ticket/citation stating when/where but after reading your story; you should personally go to the court instead of calling them when you fail to contact. You could have been arrested for it since you waited for a quite long time... you should receive their letter like in less than 2 weeks after getting a ticket. "/

Man, I just remembered back then that I got 3 tickets in a same month, lol.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
On the ticket it should say which court you're supposed to go to. You don't have to wait for a letter, just go to the court and they'll tell you what to do and depending on state I guess there's several options or there were if you got a speeding ticket. I've gotten 2.

One, just pay for it and it'll go on your record. Or you can pay for it and then take defensive driving so it won't show up on your record but you can't have taken DD in the past 6 months or something. In TX, if you're under 25 like me, you have to take defensive driving anyway and all you pay is for court costs which was like $100. Or you can pay for it and go on probation for 90 days? during which you can't get another ticket. If you don't they'll take it off your record.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
It doesn't say on the ticket how much you're suppose to pay? It's suppose to.

I've only ever gotten a ticket for speeding, it wasn't major speeding just 10 mph over the limit.

judyp

sarNie Adult
well i live in cali and got my first speeding ticket in august. i recently received my letter to pay the fine a couple weeks ago. it usually takes 3-4 weeks. and if its your only ticket this year, you can take traffic school to get it cleared from your driving record so your insurance rate doesn't suffer. it usually doesn't say how much you have to pay unless its a parking citation. on the bottom of your citation, it should say something like, appear at a certain court within 60 days of the date. you should also be able to go online to the county's court and search your citation to get the cost. i did that prior to getting my notice.

noungning

Heartless
traffic ticket? pssh me... no way hahah ok i lied. i got 1.

but that's strange, that u don't know what u have to pay and also don't know when to pay it... it should have a due date on there... tick tock tick tock boom.

well for me, it's more like an illegal move... ah what gives. i've ran down the middle lane to the redlight to turn left. a bunch of ppl did it before me, but the asswiper had to stop me... and i was late as usual that is... but it was late for work... my poor patrons must've been worried sick.

i went to court, paid fees and decleared a good driving history and so i didn't have to pay for the ticket, just the court fees... $35 instead of $75, i guess is better... and it wasn't on my driving record.

but damn!!! $200 for running the stop sign, where the hell do u live??

here, it's the 3 second roll, lmfao. only the true natives know of this, no one really stops at the stop sign for 1 full minute. that's way long.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I never violate any traffic laws. Ahahahaha okay I speed a few times but haven't got caught yet. I ran a red light once and thank goodness no camera. I really didn't mean to run the red light. :lol:

darvil

sarNie Adult
I got 2.. one was a pretty bad speed trap.. You know the roads between small towns where the speed changes quite often and they nail you for it too. Guess small towns gotta make their money somehow ;)

annea

sarNie Adult
I think I'll go to the court and check. I called and they told me dont worry about the date and time on the citation. They said just wait until you recieve a letter telling you the fine and what to do...

$200 is too much. :huh: i did something along that line... kind of. i just ran a blinking red light... was supposed to stop first and look. the ticket was $128 or something i think. then some running red lights tickets about $70. i don't remember the exact numbers. one a dude cop gave to me, and the rest were those cam pics. at the traffic light.

Twinky

sarNie Elites
I had to pay $528 just last month over a speeding ticket since April..I had the same situation as you...I kept calling and calling the system and it kept on saying that I wasn't in the system so I figure hey, lets just wait until they send me my payment..soo about 1 months after I had received a letter saying that my license was on hold until I paid for my ticket...and plus the officer gave me a court date on a Sunday which they were closed..so my best advice for you is don't relay on the phone system...just go to your schedule court date if you can...I was told by a few of my friends who got tickets before that if you showed up on your court date and the officer is unable to come to his defense than basically the judge basically discard your ticket and all you end up paying for is the processing fee...which is about $20