Gran Torino

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Has anyone seen this movie? Gosh I saw it today and I have to say the movie is brilliant and touching. Except the part where
sue got raped by her cousin
that part totally pisses me off she was so cute and nice! I hate seeing things like that happen to good girls urgh. Clint Eastwood was great. Ahney Her did an awesome job. I have to recommend this movie to anyone who likes to watch movies about friendship and learning to overcome prejudice. It's a movie with a lesson. I warn you though that there are some parts of the movie that may make you feel sad and angry.

I also like how they some details into the hmong culture. The only thing that messed it up are those dumb idiots the retarded hell cousins urgh. I hope no one holds that against anyone because there are people like that in every culture. Thats one thing about the movie that I wish they didn't have because knowing how most people are they are going to assume that only "Asians" do that kind of crap when in reality it's not.

ijohn

sarNie Adult
yeah i've saw this movie a few times cos i have the DVD from the academy... it's a good movie i've already recommended it to a lot of ppl... the ending was an eye opener for an Eastwood movie,,, i think not what some would expect to the lead up you assume will happen... i thought the part on his birthday was so funny in the sense i've saw that kind of thing happen a lot when western culture meets asian traditions... seems the food always covers ground in over coming cultural differences... i recommend this movie as well...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205489/

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
They have this topic in the Hmong Section already...but since it's a Western Film, I guess it should be here...but yeah anyways I saw this movie online with my boyfriend. I thougth it was pretty good, yet kinda cheesy at the same time. If it wasn't Hmong people in the movie my boyfriend and I probably would have never thought about watching it. Movies like this with asian people are usually just cheesy. But the movie was pretty good. It had alot of insight on hmong people and their ways.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Acting was horrible but it was still bearable. I actually cried a little at the end, it was so touching and those gangster really deserved to be jailed. As you can tell I really despise gangster regardless if they are Asian, Caucasian or European.

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
My girlfriends and their boyfriends auditioned for the part of Sue and Thao, but didn't get it. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think I will.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Tinah! I agree with you. this movie is brilliant. I loved it. The ending was sad. Clint Eastwood did an amazing job! For someone who's suppose to be serious in the movie he was pretty funny. :lol: Gosh, those wannabe gang bangers pissed me off <_< I seriously thought that Clint was going to shoot them in the end! I soooo would have liked that.

OK_na_tur

sarNie Juvenile
Pissed me off how Clint Eastwood died though. He didn't even pull out the gun.

gosh. But yeah didn't like the part where Sue came home all banged up. Sucks!!

anyway.. it was funny at the end when his family thought they were gonna get the car .. << laugh in there face

so nice of Clint to give it to his friend Thao ... awwwww