GRRRAWR! i dropped my phone in the toilet

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
ok so today i was at the hospital talking to my firend and i made a comment and he's lkie wow you have no remorse at all. so im like haha ok. and i'm like let me call u back in a sec cuz i have to go to the b/r so i walk in there and i'm in teh stall and we hang up and i put my phone in my purse and zip it and i don't even know wth happened but i heard something fall int eh toilet and i thought it was my brush and i see my blackberry in there and i'm elik omfg. omfg. so i haven't even like used the br yet and i go and grab like 0329532975992379570273 paper towels and reached in tehre and it was stuck but then i got it and i rinsed it under the sink and i'm screaming/yelling FUCKKKKK! in the b/r and yea. so now its deff. dead and i blame my friend for cursing me and its his fault for breaking it. =D. so my best frien dtold me to put it in a bag of rice to absorb all the water or something and keep it in there for a couple days. so what do you all think i should do?

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I went fishing today and i just dropped my phone in the river..i tried letting it dry...but then later when it dryed it said that mah sim card crashed....darn it!

pze

sarNie Adult
ive done that before gp...n wat i did was took the batteries n memory card out n pretty take wat every is removable off n then let it sit for 24 hours n then turn it back on.....ive heard that if u try to turn it back on rite away sometimes it doesnt work......

but mines worked after i did that.....u can give it a shot n see if it works

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
My mom dropped her's in the toilet once and she used the blowdryer to dry the water and it works like new.

My cousin dropped his phone in the porta potty....lol it was so funny. We were at my college soccer game and he went to use the potty and he didn't even realize he dropped it, but he had my keys with him and he dropped that on the floor, thank goodness it wasn't in the toilet. He had to dig in the toilet to get his phone and he said it was dark in there so he didn't see what he was getting into...haha...we all know....anyways, he also used the blowdryer to dry it and it worked fine...we calle his phone the dookie phone...lol...for a while he refused to put the phone up to his ear, he would use the speakerphone instead.

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
I went fishing today and i just dropped it in the river..it tried letting it dry...but then later when it dryed it said that mah sim card crashed....darn it!

aahah woot. it wasn't only me today =D ok so blowdrying it works?

noungning

Heartless
My mom dropped her's in the toilet once and she used the blowdryer to dry the water and it works like new.

My cousin dropped his phone in the porta potty....lol it was so funny. We were at my college soccer game and he went to use the potty and he didn't even realize he dropped it, but he had my keys with him and he dropped that on the floor, thank goodness it wasn't in the toilet. He had to dig in the toilet to get his phone and he said it was dark in there so he didn't see what he was getting into...haha...we all know....anyways, he also used the blowdryer to dry it and it worked fine...we calle his phone the dookie phone...lol...for a while he refused to put the phone up to his ear, he would use the speakerphone instead.
omfg that is sickkkkkk.... i would've sad screw that shit, literally, no pun intended lmfao! ewwwwwwwwwwww, shit...but i would've been pissed...no pun intended again... omg i just realized the curses having to do with below the waist... ok back to topic.

um, not only it fell in the toilet, u took it out and rinsed the thing... i declare it's dead to the fullest.

um do u have ur sim backed up? or contact list backed up to online? since u have insurance, it shouldn't be too bad, but i know the feeling of loss... haha, in my case i dropped my phone in a cup of water... i took it outta the water, the screen was blinking... so i shook it sooooo hard lol... and it worked, but the screen was half-assed... so i just bought a new phone.

the rice thing... when u put it in rice, the moisture is absorbed out of the item... but in ur case, it's not just moisture... it's a whole bunch of water everywhere... and u've also rinsed it... but u can try... ;)

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i remember when i dropped mine in the bath i was talkin on da fone and it fell haha the battery kinda exploded tho dunno what happened to it there but the fone still works haha that was ma old sony w810i the only thing that is wrong with it is that the sound were u listen to hear the other person is low it never goes high any more i used the hair dryer on the fone alot too coz i took it into the bathroom with me while showerin to listen to music and the screen steamed up

and ma ex gf dropped her fone in the toilet too when she was drunk it never worked after that she was sick on it and everything haha

maybe try hair dry it out and then leave it for a few days if not i dno if they wil insure u for it haha worth a try if not say it was stolen and report it stolen and get a new one :D

fun

Expired Sarnie
:eek: I can't believe it had to be the toilet. I would be pissed off to, sticking my hand to get it.

We need waterproof cell phone now. :lol:

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
It's been what 3 days now since we both dropped out phone on the same day? lolz...well my phone has dried and I blowed dryed it...and it works fine now....sweet!

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Awh this happen to me before. I dropped my phone in the toliet... But it worked still lol. Just dry it up and yeah that's how mine worked lol. But that was a couple years ago now I have a new phone lol.

i don't know -- even if it still works, i wouldn't want to put it to my ear or anywhere near...lol...considering it was in a public restroom's toiletwater and all...

just buy a new one...

SethT

anie's bb [c] D=
lol my old fone didnt get drop into a toilet but it did go through a whole cycle of the washin machine >.< i remember i was so pissed cause it was my first fone ever. glad ur phone is workin sala =D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Next time it happens :p all you have to do is open it up and take the sim card out if it has one and get a towel with some alcohol on it and wipe it down with some and it'll dry up fine ... when u blow dry it u are risking burning something inside even if you have your blow dryer on cool lol (learned from my cousin's experience) I dropped mines in the tub once after I had just bathe my baby sister and after I dressed her up I went back to let the water down and BOOM! there goes my phone.. I was thinking omfreaking gaw... and remember chem class and well it's somewhat common sense i guess to myself alcohol absorbs water molecules so did that my phone was working in less than 8 hours... I've also spilled stuff on my old computer and I use to wipe it down with alcohol and computer worked fine ^___-"

(But try at your own risk) Lmao.

*Now I know I'm never taking my phone into a stall with me lmao.