HEADACHE !!!

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
man...i have bad headache at times....dont know if its due to being on the computer too long without my glasses or just not being healthy....
but what do ya do to make them go away?....i usually just sleep or take Advil..... B)

any suggestion??

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
it depends what makes u have them u know.

take a pain killer and use ur glasses for a try innit

if ur on computer alot try to put the brightness down as well so i didnt hurt ur eyes so much

or see if it goes away well u massage the back of ur neck ??? maybe u have tight muscles

or check ur pillow is right height

if its lack of sleep try to sleep longer coz i get massive headaches when i dont sleep much

stress can give u headache or being bored

or if ur really concerned go to the doctor it might be some illness which maybe not ...

theres loads of stuff that makes headaches

but yeah thats about it atm i can help u with i gotta run to class

noungning

Heartless
um when i have headaches, i try to sleep and wake up and hope it goes away. if not, i'll take some nyquil and sleep some more lol. i sometimes pop a couple of advils but it doesn't work so well when u have a major headache.

headaches that are caused by eye sight is rather annoying. if u need newer prescriptions, that might fix the problem.

peaches

sarNie Elites
from my own experiences. yup headaches can seriously damage your eyes. i got retinal detachment in my left eye. thankfully the doctor catch it early. for me too much lakorns and internet.

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
um when i have headaches, i try to sleep and wake up and hope it goes away. if not, i'll take some nyquil and sleep some more lol. i sometimes pop a couple of advils but it doesn't work so well when u have a major headache.

headaches that are caused by eye sight is rather annoying. if u need newer prescriptions, that might fix the problem.
hmm...i've never try nyquil before....does that work better then advils?....i should try...thanks ning!

peaches Posted Today, 08:40 AM
from my own experiences. yup headaches can seriously damage your eyes. i got retinal detachment in my left eye. thankfully the doctor catch it early. for me too much lakorns and internet.
U know i just recently went to the doctor and he said my eye was better then the last doctor that i went too...so for all these times i was wearing glasses that was worst than my eye sight...... <_<

stress can give u headache or being bored
yeah...im alwase stress and bored!

anywase, so for the eyes ....the lower the number or the higher the number the better??? i get confuses :huh:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lynn :p take a breather from the computer when your head starts hurting .. go out and take a walk or something. I use to get headaches from stress and stress + being on computer hours at a time bad .. so now I am more active... I play some sports and now i'm healthy :wub: minus the whole health issues thats non related lol, but that seem to help me.. sometimes the computer can make you more stress :p just take a breather and go for a walk .. cook.. eat a good meal.. you'll find that you feel much better ^__^ hope that helps

tsk tsk to Lynn and Ning for taking meds to help out.. sure meds help, but they are bad for you in the long run. You should really try being physically active (which you probably are) that helps lots. I've been playing sports with my sisters even visiting some gyms and using the small equipments I have at home as a workout to kill boredom and I couldn't be feeling any better ^__^

yes. definitely rest your eyes from the net and tv at times. some sun and the outdoors will do you good... or if you must, drag your laptop outside or something. the sun is sometimes the best medicine... just don't go out when it's too bright. Extra Virgin coconut oil has a natural SPF5... lots better than the chemical laden SPF45+ sunblock concoction you find at drug stores. open the windows. depend less on air conditioning if you use it.

also, eating lots of chemically processed food can also cause headache. your body can only handle so much foreign items until it REVOLTS against you. so try to incorporate more fresh veggies & fruits (uncooked) into your diet. also, exercise and sweat away whatever gunk you have in your body. thinking about changing your car oil every x,xxx miles, i don't think a lot of people clean out their body given the types of food shoved in. :huh:

i also agree with mrs. yim up there. medicating your symptoms is not the best way. they are bad for you in the long run... not only because it compromises your own body's defense mechanisms, but it can be the cause of other issues not known to you yet.... most times, medication do not address the cause of your headache which is probably most likely due to diet & lifestyle.

don't forget to drink some water. ;)

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
ahhh i learn something new everyday..

i have lots of headache too..from being BORED..wth...(and its true too), the heat ..strong arse perfume/cologne, lack of sleep, too much sleep also, & stress just to name a few.

i used the good old monkey balm meds..apply it at the temple, massage a bit and take a nap..it usually goes away..but if not i would pop two pills.. and pray it work. (yep dont forget to drink lots of water)

i also noticed that headaches can go away too when you eat spicy food. *it sure helped me, my sister in law does the same thing and she also found out that it also work for her..who used to look at me weird when i told her that ages ago. :p

noungning

Heartless
eh we eventually die haha take all the meds to get rid of the headaches lmfao... i'm just kidding.

i don't usually get headaches nor sick, but when i do, it makes me collapse. so when i get headaches it usually means i'm about to get really sick... and going out and hitting the sun is probably not the ideal thing to do. however, i hate the sun... so i avoid it like a plague anywho.

but i do sleep when i get headaches. it's good for me, dunno about anyone else lol

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I take a handful of hair, and twist it around and then tug at it.... and then squeeze the bridge of my nose between my eyes until there's a red mark. The headache seem to vanish after that.

I take a handful of hair, and twist it around and then tug at it.... and then squeeze the bridge of my nose between my eyes until there's a red mark. The headache seem to vanish after that.
i'm not sure what i think of that. :lol: at least, it's natural.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
eh we eventually die haha take all the meds to get rid of the headaches lmfao... i'm just kidding.

i don't usually get headaches nor sick, but when i do, it makes me collapse. so when i get headaches it usually means i'm about to get really sick... and going out and hitting the sun is probably not the ideal thing to do. however, i hate the sun... so i avoid it like a plague anywho.

but i do sleep when i get headaches. it's good for me, dunno about anyone else lol

ahhh youre super lucky that it only come as a sign of being sick..some of us arent so lucky!..

(unhealthy lifestyle or whatever but its really annoying..i hope to change that as well)

and then there are those migraines..yikes!!!..

nina07

sarNie Adult
^woah, that's intense. :lol:

I barely have any headaches, but i when i do have them, theyre REALLY bad. but i just take Advil, and although it takes forever to go away, its works. :lol:

Usually when it gets really bad, I just try to drink juice or something, so i wont really get you know addicted to the medicine because i dont wanna take advil right away when my head starts hurting, i usually just turn off my computer and just lay in my bed, usually i fall asleep :lol:

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid

ahhh yep lome that works too..but then if you have work or school..walking around with that red mark isnt so cute ya know! :lol: ..i do that too when its a friday night or whatever..atleast i have 2 days for the mark to disappear ..and as for pulling the hair.. my mom told me a story that some lady did that when she was still back in asia..and i guess she tugged at it too hard or whoever was doing it for her..actually pull the handful of hair out of her head..ouch!!! :eek: that sounded gross too..

but there are folks that does em really good too..and its not painful and yet the headache goes away!
like magic.. :rolleyes:

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
guess im not healthy cause i have low blood sugar and every time i go out side on a sunny day i black out....and if i lay down long and get up i feel dizzy.....i should really start drinking waters and exercise uh??....sigh*......

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
guess im not healthy cause i have low blood sugar and every time i go out side on a sunny day i black out....and if i lay down long and get up i feel dizzy.....i should really start drinking waters and exercise uh??....sigh*......

omg lidolynn i hope you are okay (do you faint easily?)..yea when you get up quickly you will experience that light head and or feel abit dizzy... (i get that too sometimes) which reminds me to get myself check up again..hopefully they dont find anything wrong with me :mellow:

let us know how it turns out! and i truly hope that you'll get better :)

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
yeah...im alwase stress and bored!

anywase, so for the eyes ....the lower the number or the higher the number the better??? i get confuses
lower coz the brightness normally hurts more try not to sit so close to the monitor also ( me icant even touch my monitor haha )

sometimes some smells give headaches... like perfumes and air freshners stuff like that... i used to have one in ma room an air freshner till i noticed it gave me a headache