health problems

rukmos

sarNie Adult
Remember when I had asked for some advice on which guy to choose, well I finally made a choice and I chose the second guy. We've been seeing each other for a few weeks now and I feel very in love with him. I don't know how to word this because my heart is breaking right now as I'm writing this...

He's born with lung problems and a year ago he had to go into surgery because his lungs collapsed on him and there are scars all over his body to show the marks that it left on him that will last a life time.

Now he's having lung problems again. He can't breath deeply for it will hurt, every time he coughs or sneezes, his chest and lungs hurt, and to make matters worst, he's feeling so down lately about this. We went to the hospital and they gave him some medicine to help his lungs, but the doctor said that if it gets worst, he might have to go back for another surgery.

I talked with the doctor privately while he was getting dressed in the other room and the doctor told me that if he does go into surgery his chances of surviving and recovering is very good becasue he caught the problem early, but if he waits for it to get worst, well the surgery just might be useless.

I'm scared for him and for me and I try to be cheerful and make him laugh, but it's so hard to do so when I'm feeling down myself. I keep telling him that I love him and that I'm going to be there to support him and give him anything he needs and ask of me, but I feel like I'm not doing enough to help him.

Do you guys know anything about lung collapse and any other way that wil help him because I"m at the end of my wits? :(

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I'm really sorry to hear that. Lung problems are complicated and there's not much you can do really. The fact that you're there to support him though is probably the most useful thing to do. I know you might feel down but you have to play the part of optimistic girlfriend for him. I think he'll appreciate that. As for his surgery, if he could, he should have it now. The doctor is right. It would probably be more useful now than later. However, with every surgery, there is a risk. Continue to do what you're doing and let him know that you're by his side. Guys might not show it, but they do appreciate it.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hey, it's just one of those, "if it doesn't kill u, it'll just make u stronger". he's one lucky fellow to have u by his side. pneumothorax or lung collapse is a fairly common thing among tall, thin guys between age 20-40, so it's bound to happen. however, it's very treatable through surgery and antibiotics/pain-killers as u probably already know. many of the surgical procedures for lung collapse are quite successful, because their goal is just to go in their and remove the excess air that's surrounding the lung or harden the ruptured tissue. his risks are minimal compared to many other surgeries. he will be more than definitely fine. u should continue to reassure him with that at least. and of course, maybe he only seems so down because he's avoiding excessive talks, laughing or anything that requires too much respiring due to his chest pains. so just tell him u'll do the laughing and talking and the singing for him, all he has to do is just be cute and smile ;)

p.s. go bezerk with paint (repaint his WALLS with happy messages) and fondu gummy bears...oooh soo good..

blow up fun balloons too and fill up his room with it ...let him know his lungs will be happily fulfilled with oxygen just like those balloons, after he gets his surgery of course. :)

rukmos

sarNie Adult
thank you for the feedbacks and comments...I haven't had the heart the do much these days and hearing all these positive comments make me feel better already. Thank you all very much :)

dfemc

sarNie Adult
so just wanted to clarify? so u went for the bad boy in badass leather with a truck? :huh:

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Glad to see that you've finally made your decision Rukmos. Sounds like you really do care about this one...continue to do all the things you've done for him, especially, support and affection.

This is a bit off topic and I am curious, arent premature babies at a higher risk of having lung failures since the lungs are the last thing to develop...the ones I've seen have several recurring respiratory complications.

Rakniran

This is very sad. I dont really know anything about it.My dad three months ago find out that he is having problem with his lung too,but the reason is cus he smoke too much.Been smoking since he was a teenager.Not as serious as your boyfriend though.If,your bf smoke then please tell him to stop.

Keep on supporting him.Be there for him ,when he need u or even ,when he doesnt need you.You being with him will help him fight the lung problem.

Good luck...