pbv

sarNie Juvenile

Starring: Mo
..............Cee
..............Pancake
Genre: Period/Drama/Romance
Rated: PG-13

Authors note:

This is the sequel to my old fanfic Lover of the Last Princess staring Kob and Oil. This story follows the lives of the people in the three kingdoms after the disappearance of the last princess. It will wrap up the story but in its own unique way. This is the first sequel I’ve ever written so I hope I can make it live up to the first one….If you would like to read the first story you can follow the link in my signature to my storage forum where you can register and read the story. Thanks for reading!

Summary:

Ensuing the battle at border of Yasamuri and Kanyurat the Great Kingdom of Yasamuri went home victorious but devoid of a token most valuable to the kingdom and to the last battle, their one and only Princess Suvanant Kongying.

Following the disappearance of their princess, the kingdom, though prospered, was not able to produce an heir. A few years later, a male heir was born to the proud king Tang and his wife the queen but died in his fifth year, leaving the kingdom again with no heir. Devastated the queen was unable to produce again. The king loved and honored his wife too much to force an heir. They adopted a daughter from one of the noble families in the kingdom to be heir and the new princess of Yasamuri.

Further away the kingdoms of Kanyurat and Sithimoni still lived, better if not the same.

One will come forth, destined to unite the three kingdoms and bring a true princess back into the depths of Yasamuri.

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 1

She was beautiful even in her older age. Starring up at him with all the love of a mother, her eyes still shone as it did when she was much younger, her beautiful ebony locks weaved with silver splayed across her pillow where she lay. She was only nearing fifty but her health had been failing ever since the death of her husband, one of the two men she had only ever loved.

The second one was beside her now, tears quietly streaming down his cheek as he gazed at his mother, once youthful and so full of spirit.

“Come closer my son,� whispered the queen.

He leaned down, placed his head at the peak of her heart and summoned breath into his lungs, wanting to hear her feint heartbeat.

“Yes mother?� he prompted knowing his wise mother would have some parting wisdom to bestow on him.

“You, my son are the true heir to Sithimoni, the only heir. Therefore, you must love your country as you love me. You must be faithful to it and govern it well but you must also let it heal and help it grow.�

“Yes mother,� Cee replied, nodding into her frail chest.

“I want to tell you a story about Yasamuri before I go.�

Cee looked up, “Yasamuri? But we’ve had little contact with them for the past 30 years as I’ve understood.�

She nodded sadly, “your father has never allowed anyone, not even yourself to know where I came from because he was afraid to lose me and I felt my life and spirit tied to him so I did not fight it. But I want to tell you where I grew up…�

“Yasamuri right?� Cee guessed knowing she would not mention it otherwise.

“Yes,� she nodded weakly her voice now a soft raspy whisper, “Not only did I grow up there I was the king’s sister, the only princess of Yasamuri.�

Cee stared hard at his mother, not believing his ears but did not interrupt.

“Our parents died when my brother Tang was only 15 and I was 11. He became king and I, high Princess of the court. Together we ruled the kingdom until I was 20 when my brother the king became very sick and I was temporarily named queen until he could rule again. Then an envoy from Sithimoni came to visit to draw borderlines in the forest. That man was---�

“My father� Cee finished for her

“Yes, your father…he did not let anyone know he was the king. Up until then the three kingdoms have been at peace but around the same time your father came, things started happening. Kanyurat prepared for battle intent on taking back their lands taken in battle by my father. They had a traitor at Yasamuri and everyone pointed fingers to your father. It turned out he was not the traitor but he lied to the high court about his status as envoy not king and was therefore exiled. Because I befriended him and the court knew they believed I was not fit to rule and I restored Tang back to the throne. That night I rode out to battle King Au of Kanyurat at the Northern Border of Yasamuri and Kanyurat. Yasamuri came out victorious but your father took me that day and I’ve been here since.�

Cee looked confused, “you left your country?�

She nodded sadly, “yes, I did. I did it for love.�

Cee did not think he could ever understand. He knew his parents loved each other like no one he has ever seen but he grew up learning to love his country more than anything else in the world. He would never leave his country, maybe not even for love.

“And today I am dying.�

Cee tried to stop her from saying the enevitable by placing his hand on her mouth but she refused.

“I am,� Kob continued, “I am old and my spirit has gone long ago with your fathers. Now, there are two more things you must know and promise me.�

“Yes?�

“The first is that the old king of Kanyurat had a wife. He first went into battle with my father because of her. She had a vision that one day the blood of Kanyurat would unite the three kingdoms and create one kingdom, destined to be the most powerful of the entire world. At the time, Kanyurat was the smallest and least powerful country but the king was convinced she was right. He battled my father and lost. My father heard of this prediction but blew it off. My brother also blew it off because the King’s son King Au lost to me in battle when they next tried to fight Yasamuri. King Au has no heir. But..�

“you believe it?� Cee asked, knowing his mother’s mind.

“yes,� she whispered, “I do…�

“you expect another battle?� he asked, “one that will bring the prediction to truth?�

She nodded slowly, “that is where you come in. You must prevent the battle; you must create a new destiny.�

“how?� he asked, feeling the weight of the impossible task at hand.

“You must unite the three kingdoms yourself, before Kanyurat does. I do not know who is their king and heir right now but I do know you and I know you are capable. I know you are truthful and virtuous and I know you will do what is right by one kingdom. You must promise me to do this…�

“how,� he asked again, “How am I to accomplish a task that our forefathers have not been able to for centuries?�

“you must visit my homeland. You must renew our old alliance with Yasamuiri. You must first make Yasamuri and Sithimoni one.�

“and how do I go about it once I’m there?�

“you will know in time..� kob said, explaining no further.

Cee did not question further knowing his mother would say no more.

“and the second thing?� he asked.

“you must promise me to find a place while in Yasamuri. It is a waterfall in the forest where your father and I drew borderlines. My father told me about this waterfall and up to date no one but your father and I know about it. It cannot be mapped and cannot be discovered. It’s only found. You must find it and know it and pass it on when the time is right like I am doing to you now.�

Cee was confused having no idea why his mother would want him to do this last part.

“you will not know it now but you will. It will be the place you find yourself and your soul and from there things will be clear. It brought me to your father and it will bring you to whatever it is your soul desires. Promise me you will find it…�

He nodded even though he had no idea how he would find such a place. “ I promise do both to the best of my ability.�

She nodded, a sated smile now on her face, “I am glad my son. I love you and your father more than anything and I know you will be loved even while I’m gone.�

Cee nodded, tears trickling down his face. He knew it was time now.

“I am going to join your father but remember that the time is now. And now is yours.�

He nodded, heart withering with her smile.

“Remember you are king; give your mind to Sithimoni, your body to Yasamuri and your heart to Kanyurat.�

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 2

Far away….

“up! Jab! Right!� the trainer yelled, repeating his protocol fight techniques.

Finally the two fighters finished with one soldier on the ground and the other’s sword nearly against the flesh of his throat.

“how did I do?� the winner asked, slipping off his gloves.

“wonderful…you are ready…at least physically..� the trainer answered handing the winning soldier a cape.

The soldier turned around before stepping outside of the room, “there’s no at least, there’s only all or nothing, now…I’m all.�

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throne room

“aww, there you are…finished your field practice?� the king asked, indicting the other to come forward and sit beside him.

“yes, just finished� the soldier said, taking a seat next to the king.

“and the verdict?� inquired the king.

“ready,� the soldier replied, “now its you.�

“good good good..� the king mumbled sipping his tonic, “you know it has always been on you…I’ve told you since I first brought you here that you would decide your own fate.�

“and I have.�

“as you have since you first arrived?� the king challenged.

“my mind hasn’t changed. I know my blood and I know my duty.�

“yes you do but knowing and doing are two different things� the king returned, eyebrows arched.

“I know that I can do what I’ve been learning and practicing for all my life. Now is the time. There is no better.� the soldier grounded out.

“you are prepared, mentally?�

“yes.�

“you understand what might happen in the end?�

“yes.�

“and you still choose to do it?�

“yes.�

“then you truly are your father’s heir. Prepare yourself, you set out today, your introductions have already been sent.�

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 3

Sithimoni

“you’ve sent my introduction letters?� Cee asked, entering the court.

“yes, your highness� his adviser Thun answered.

“and?�

“they’ve accepted and extended their hospitalities and gratitude for your visit. You are to leave early next week.�

Cee nodded, taking a glance at the return acceptence letter from Yasamuri’s high court. “what must I know about Yasamuri before I go?� He asked, always meticulous about details.

“They do not have an immediate heir but their heir at the moment is princess Pancake who is a blood heir but the actual daughter of relatives of the king. She has been adopted since birth as the high princess and is current heir first to the throne. Their country’s main crops are corn and rice. They specialize in weaponry and are skilled in military. They have not had direct contact with our court for over two decades.�

Cee held up his hands indicating he’d heard enough, “all this I’ve already learned for myself. Thank you Thun. Who will accompany me?�

“your choice of five soldiers, a geographer, a court legislator, an advisor, a chef, a maid, a valet, a--�

“No no,� cee cut in shaking his head, “I just want the soldiers, the legislator, and the advisor. I wont offend Yasamuri by bringing a chef and a maid and whatever else you think I need.�

“but your majesty, please bring your valet at least?�

“no need Thun,� cee answered, “I can take care of myself and my clothes just fine..�

“but---�

“no buts.�

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yasamuri

“darling, what do you think about this sudden request?� King Tang asked his wife.

“I think its wonderful and not only that, necessary. Its been quite too long since the alliance was broken. This can only mean we are headed to where we once were, friendly and allied.�

He nodded, “I agree, if this meeting turns out well we’ll be able to introduce trade and open up the borders again. What I don’t understand is who this king is and how he’s come to be king. Last I heard the late king only had one heir and that was the one that we banished from our court 25 years ago. I wonder if the two are one and the same?�

“I don’t know,� queen Laraina answered, “but we will find out wont we?�

The king nodded, “yes, we will.�

Just then the grand doors flew open and princess pan came running into the room.

“khun mae, khun paw, I was looking everywhere for you guys!�

“Pan,� the queen indicated to come over, what did I tell you about running around the palace and storming into rooms?�

“I know mother, I’m sorry, I was just very excited to tell you that I’ve mastered my mathimatics.�

“wonderful,� king tang exclaimed proudly, “then your tutor is doing her job well.�

“oh yes,� Pan answered, “shes wonderful, she knows even more than nanny.�

“she seems more patient too,� the king joked.

Pan only laughed, “oh she is.�

“pan we have something to tell you,� the queen said, “we have a guest coming to stay here for a few weeks.�

“a guest?� said pan, “like family?�

“no,� the queen answered, “the king of Sithimoni, King Cee Ciwat. He’s coming to renew the alliance broken years ago.�

“oh,� Pan answered, “is he handsome?� she asked, giggling.

King tang laughed, “I don’t know, I’ve never seen him.�

“but it doesn’t matter anyways� the queen interrupted, “he’s here for political reasons. You must behave like a proper princess and be cordial.�

“of course, I always am.� she said with a twinkle in her eye.

Her mother narrowed her eyes at her, “I’m serious love, you are nineteen now, and must behave like a lady of the court.�

She nodded, “I know mother, I will, I promise.�

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Chapter 4

Cee stood, overlooking the heart of Yasamuri from his position on the cliff slightly east of the road into the kingdom.

There was an innate peace that filled him when he dispelled concentration of the tasks ahead and just breathed in the beauty.

He must truly be his mother’s son, he thought, for he never knew a place that he loved more than Sithimoni but today he knew. There was something about this kingdom, this land that he knew was meant for him. If his mother hadn’t bade him to unite the three kingdoms, he might have found some inspiration to do it on his own. He could not describe it but he just knew that ahead lay his destiny.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Princess Pan! You must come with me immediately!�

“but why, the wind is glorious, my kite has never flown this high before!�

“I know, but your mother has sent word that the king of Sithimoni fast approaches. You must change and be ready to greet him.�

At this Princess Pan paused and turned around while behind her her kite slowly drifted to the ground, “the king?�

“yes, the one visiting to renew the alliance, your father told you weeks ago.�

Princess Pan nodded, “I do remember, and I promised mother to behave and act like a lady of the court. I suppose that means getting into clean clothes doesn’t it?�

Her tutor nodded, extending out a hand becoming the princess to follow her, “yes, and we must be quick.�

The princess took her hand and followed her through the courtyard gates into the west wing of the castle where her chambers were.

“This really is the most uncomfterable part� Cee muttered, keeping his smile intact but speaking through his teeth.

“ah I thought you’d be used to it by now your highness,� his advisor Ron returned inwardly laughing at Cee’s reaction to the bundle of women lining the entrance way towards the castle grounds and their inability to stop swooning and sighing as he passed.

“I don’t think I ever will,� Cee replied still talking from behind his broad smile.

“but you should, you’ve been greeted like this since you were sixteen and unless you marry soon, you’ll likely to be receiving this sort of attention from all the fair maidens of any land.�

“you do not have to have so much fun at my agony.�

Ron laughed outwardly this time, “oh its not so bad as agony?�

Cee did not dignify that with an answer.

As Sithimoni’s band of horses approached, the royal guard played the song of welcome and peace and the king and his party rode through the gates into the royal palace, passing the courtiers and nobles who showed up for the special event, having not seen a foreigner, a foreign king at that for a few decades past.

At the grand doors, the stopped. Immediately the doors opened and the grand usher approached, greeting the king and his guard with a low bow.

“Good afternoon your highness, welcome to our humble court. I hope your journey has not been met with any trouble. The king and queen await you in the great hall. Our stable men will tend to your horses, allow me the pleasure to lead you into the thrown room.�

Cee nodded, “thank you� he replied, stepping down from his horse. His men followed suit and soon they were all on foot, their horses being led away into the royal stables. “Please lead.�

The grand usher bowed again and turned to lead them into the grand doors. From there they followed him through a great many halls adorned in gold and marble before turning a left into what the king assumed was the great hall.

As the giant oak doors gleaming in gold accent swung open, the royal song of welcome once again played indicating that royalty was approaching. The grand usher bowed again and indicated they were to enter without him.

At the head of the party, Cee led his men into the foyer of the great hall finally coming around the main area of the great hall where the king and queen sat in their thrones at the very far wall directly ahead.

Cee bowed, once they were within a few feet of the king and queen.

“Greetings, I am King Cee Ciwat Sutikamol of Sithimoni. Thank you for allowing me entrance into your beautiful kingdom and for the chance to renew the alliance once broken many years ago.�

“welcome, welcome,� exclaimed the King Tang, “no need for formalities, our alliance was broken, not perpetually severed. Welcome to my humble kingdom, to you and your party I extend all of it’s amenities and services. This is my beautiful wife, queen Lydia.�

Cee greeted the king with a handshake and the queen with a bow and a kiss on the right hand.

“I am honored to be here and to meet you both. I understand how important today is for both our countries.�

And then before they could speak any further the great hall doors opened and the princess was announced.

“and this, pardon her late arrival (he stressed the late part, not to cee but the princess,) is Princess Pancake, heir to the throne of Yasamuri.�

Cee turned to the left and was greeted by a young, beautiful but cheeky girl maybe 18 or 19 years old. So this is princess pancake he thought. She looked rather…cute.

She bowed, cheeks still flushed from her obvious haste due to her lateness, “I apologize your majesty, I am honored to meet you and welcome you humbly to our lands.�

Cee also bowed to her and kissed her hand making her blush, “the honor is all mine, princess. And I thank you for your welcome.�

The princess smiled and joined her parents.

“I hope you’ve no trouble getting here?� King Tang asked, smiling at his daughter’s ability to remain being ladylike.

“none at all your majesty, all was well.� Cee replied.

“good, good, very good to hear,� king tang answered, “the princess will lead you and your men to your quarters for your stay here. I hope all is as you please, if anything is amiss at all, please let me know and I shall gladly correct it.�

“I’m sure everything will be more than exemplary, thank you your highness.�

“how do you like it so far?� The princess asked, leading them away from the great hall heading west.

“I find your kingdom to be both beautiful and vastly interesting. This is my first trip here and I am more than impressed.�

She smiled at him directly, and a bit cheekily again, “I’m glad. Well here we are, this door will lead to a private hallway that contains 20 rooms, enough I should think,� she said glancing around mentally counting the number of men that accompanied the king, “the one at the very end is your chambers.�

“Thank you.�

“and here is where I leave you, in each room is a bell pull that will notify the servants of this corridor that something is needed. Please use it at leisure.�

“thank you again princess for leading us here.�

“no problem at all,� princess pan replied, “I wasn’t supposed to, but father assigned me at the last minute for my lateness which I do apologize for again.� and with that she half glided, half skipped away.

Cee and his advisor both looked after her, with odd looks on their faces.

“odd, isn’t she?� Ron asked, looking quizzical.

“odd is the word,� cee replied laughing, “most princesses would not announce her punishment for being tardy in front of company.�

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
i love reading this....so cute and nice...i wonder who cee will end up with...mo or pancake??? so interesting

oh yeah...where can i read the other ones??

sarN

sarNie Granny
the link doesn't work ? how can i read the first one ?

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
Part 5

“Princess, the king is coming to see you…�

“my father?� Pan asked, looking up from her studies.

“no, the other king…� her maid informed, holding back a giggle. She nearly couldn’t help herself when he announced himself earlier at the door the princess’s chambers.

“May I stop for today?� Princess Pan asked, turning to her tutor.

“you may,� she replied, “you’ve worked hard enough.�

Pan squealed, hugging her tutor, “Nuna help me find a dress….�

“what’s wrong with that one?� her tutor asked

“well he’s already seen it once today,� Pan explained, “the other day I heard the servants down by the kitchen say that to keep a man interested you must undress a lot….so I figure I should air out all my clothes and change them a lot because it seems men like that….�

Nuna gasped, turning pink, “you heard that in the kitchen? Oh lord…�

He tutor chocked, suppressing a laugh, “so I take it you like the king?�

Pan’s smile grew, her eyes shining, “certainly, he’s handsome enough.�

“is that all?� her tutor prompted.

“well, what else?� Pan asked, not understanding where this was going.

“well, a man and especially a king, should carry a little more than a good countenance to be worthy of a princess,� her tutor explained, “he should have ambition, he should have love but most of all he should be just and firm in equality.�

Pan paused, thinking, “well I’ve only just met him but I’m sure he’s all those things….�

Her tutor sighed at her naivety, “well then, by all means, hurry to change your dress…�

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“that’s a nice dress princess, it compliments you well…�

Pan coyly glanced down at herself, another trick she learned from eaves dropping on the maids. They said you should always be humble in a response to man’s compliment, it makes them feel better. “thank you,� she replied, “so how do you like our lands?�

“from what I’ve seen,� Cee replied, looking out into the Yasamuri fields, “it’s a beautiful vastness, stretching far into the horizon. Your buildings and stock are well maintained, your soldiers competent, your father’s done a good job…�

Pan grinned from ear to ear, nothing made her happier than hearing another talk of her mother and father, “thank you your highness, I can receive no higher compliment.�

“So what about yourself?� Cee asked, as they got off their horses by the castle courtyard, “I hear you are still studying.�

“yes,� Pan nodded, letting him help her down from her snow white horse, “I’m beginning my studies…I’ve completed all of my court and etiquette training but father reckons I should delve deeper into politics and history now that its coming time for my coronation…that’s why he’s hired me a new tutor…�

“oh,� Cee replied, “that’s good to hear, so you’re not crowned yet?�

She shook her head, “no, as you’ve probably already heard, I’m not directly part of the Kongying bloodline, my grandmother was The king’s aunt so although I hold some lineage of the Kongying dynasty, I originally have a different surname, that is until he king and queen adopted me…I’ve been grateful and for the most part, the Yasamurian population has received me well but some reckon that the queen should try to borne a real heir…the argument has gone on for many years whether or not to officially coronate me and crown me princess and finally they’ve reached an agreement…actually it happened right before you arrived, I don’t know the terms of the agreement, all I know is that the council has decided to coronate me and legitimize my claim to the throne…�

“that’s good to hear, a country is not stable without an heir, I’m sure you would make a great queen when it comes your time to rule…�

“thank you,� she said again, surprised. No one has ever taken the time to consider her feelings about this; everyone just took it for granted that she agreed to be heir. Well, no one except her tutor who had strong beliefs about women and a woman’s right to rule. She always encouraged pan to learn as much as possible. But King Cee’s assurance also propelled her confidence.

“well, I’ve got to get back,� Pan said, “dusk is setting and I’d like to change for dinner…�

Cee nodded, “I’ll take the horses to the stable…�

“you don’t have to, the stable boys are probably off at dinner but I can just call one to come do it…�

He shook his head, “its alright, I’ve worked with horses my entire life…I don’t want to bother the workers, I can do it…�

“you are sure?� Pan asked, unsure.

He nodded, “yes, I’d like the chance to explore your stables anyhow..�

She nodded, “I will see you at dinner then.�

He bowed slightly, “until then…�

She turned to leave, smiling for some reason.

Cee made his way to the stables, pulling both horses with him. Upon arrival both animals relaxed, realizing their familiar environment. Cee found their stables next to each other and led them in, coaxing them softly. And then he heard it, soft muffled talking. Who would be here at his hour? He thought, most servants were off at dinner and so was the members of the court.

Stealthily he tip toed down the stables, towards the end, coming closer to the muffled sounds. Using his height he peered over the stable that the talking was coming from and discovered something he wasn’t expecting.

One was a horse, the darkest shade of midnight, adorned by a glorious jet black mane with one pure streak of red. He’s only ever heard of this breed of horses in stories…This was the most aggressive breed of horse and hardest to break…but what was most amazing wasn’t the horse, but the woman stroking its mane.

She was….well beautiful in a breath taking way, her soft brown hair still visible in the setting light. She was brushing the animal’s hair with her fingers, talking to him like a companion. He was surprised the animal didn’t kick her or struggle.

He could feel his breath sucked out of his chest, his voice lodged in his throat. There was something about her that stole away his ability to think and function correctly…he wanted to get closer…and discover who she was…

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
author's note:

thanks for reading..im reconsidering my fanfics...if they dont generate enough interest i'll probably put them on haitus or discontinue them indefinitely because its not worth the time to write....but for those who do read, thanks a bunch...here is the next part for this story i hope you enjoy because i havent written this sort of scene for a while...

Part 6

He stepped, being careful not to make a sound.

But before he could get close enough a bell rung, probably for the servants to return to work to prepare the horses for the morrow. He glanced again at the stall but she was gone, swiftly as if she had disappeared into thin air.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“your highness, where are you going?�

Cee made a shushing motion, strapping on his hooded cape, “a mission,� he replied gruffly.

“a mission, shall I accompany you?�

“no,� Cee said immediately, “I’ll go alone tonight.�

“what I shall I say to the others?� his personal guard asked.

“say nothing to no one.�

“but---�

“stay outside my door, guard like you usually do, if anyone approaches, tell them I’m slumbering.�

“but your highness, I cannot let you go into the dead of the night by yourself� Ruwan protested, desperately.

“Ruwan,� Cee scolded, “you don’t think I’m trained to keep myself safe? You think I need guarding?�

“no,� he replied, cowering, “its just….its dark…we’re in foreign lands, you cant go off like you used to sire…�

Cee smiled for the first time, “I didn’t know you knew I used to do that…�

“please sire…� Ruwan replied, “I’ve been head of your guard since the time you earned your soldiership at 13. what kind of guard would I be if I didn’t know your whereabouts?�

“you never reported them?�

“no,� Ruwan replied, sounding like he regretted not reporting them to the young king’s father, “I thought it might be best to let you explore your own country without the burden of a hundred men following you around…�

Cee cocked his head, “then apply the same mentality now….�

“but sire, this is different; this is not our country….�

“I know…but my mother, your queen, gave me a mission and I must see to its completion…�

“can you not do it in the daytime or allow me to accompany you..or---“

“look Ruwan, I know your concerned, but I would have no time during the day and its hard enough for one grown man to sneak around in a foreign country, I don’t want to push it with two…�

Ruwan exhaled, knowing the king would not listen to reason, “fine, I shall do as you bid..�

Cee nodded, “good.�

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Cee rode hard, headed in the direction of the forest where his mother had indicated the waterfall would be. Brushing past the trees he galloped into the dead of the night until he came upon the edge of the forest. Stepping down, he pulled his hood back and continued on foot, leading his horse into the darkness, the only light coming from the waning crescent above.

Walking further into the forest, he could hear no one but the sound of crushing leaves underfoot, his eyes finally adjusting to the darkness as he walked further. After hours of searching he sighed, giving up hope that he would actually ever find it. Why his mother didn’t just tell him where it was he did not know. But it was his own curiosity that kept him going all night. She said he would find himself there, his soul, whatever it was that might give him a clue as to what she intended for him to do, what she intended for him to change. How was he supposed to change the course of destiny by walking around in a forest?

Giving up he headed back in the direction he came from.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After leading his horse back into the stall, he left the stable and walked around the castle, trying to find the servant’s door he snuck out of earlier. On his way he passed the courtyard, directly under the wing of the princess’s chambers and stopped, his breath cut short.

It was her again, the woman from earlier…walking around through the courtyard, apparently headed in the same direction he was. He stood frozen, wondering where she was going. And then she halted, turning her head slightly as if she felt his presence.

And then she started sprinting for the castle, Cee fast at her heels. He did not know why he was running after her but he had to find out who she was. Chasing her into the castle through the servants corridors, he followed, turning corner after corner through the dark halls of the castle.

He spied her slipping through familiar doors and quickly ran after her, hearing her soft giggle from inside. Running in, he realized he was in the throne room. Pausing he glanced around to look where she’d gone.

Spying her at the far end of the room, he proceeded forward but she was already through the door, her laughter resounding in the large room. Following her he found her running down an unfamiliar hall. Picking up speed he gained on her.

Suddenly they could hear noises coming from the left, sounds like armor clashing.

Gaining up on her, he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her through the next available door, plunging them into darkness. It must have been a broom closet because there was barely room for two, her supple body squished against his larger frame. He couldn’t see her in the darkness but he moved closer, pretending to adjust himself to fit the small size of the room when in reality he had plenty of space behind him. He could feel her warm body softly adjusting to his, and her heart beating hard, matching the thrumming in his veins.

He felt her exhale, about to speak; quickly his palm came up against her mouth to stop her, “shhhhhh…� he whispered, “the guards….�

She was going to protest when sure enough, sounds came from outside the door.

“what do you think it was?� one man said

“probably just an animal…�

“or a ghost….�

The other man laughed, “lets keep searching just to be sure….you know the queen’s allergic to squirrels…�

The voices from outside became softer, heading away.

Taking the moment, she made to protest when suddenly-----

His mouth came down hard on hers, capturing her lips in a crushing kiss full of ardor; their breaths coming fast, him refusing to let her move, crushing her against the wall…he was determined, never stopping for a breath; he wanted to consume her, taste her and delve deeper into the hot sweet recesses of her mouth….

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awww...i really enjoy reading your fanfics and do hope you do continue...i think that since it's summer now...more people will come read ^^

OMG.....a kiss.....gasp who is it, mo or pancake...OOoOOOo suspense

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
I've offically discontinued two of my four stories posted here...I'm still unsure about the life of this one, give me a week....i'll try to keep writing but my motivation has died somewhat...

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
I've offically discontinued two of my four stories posted here...I'm still unsure about the life of this one, give me a week....i'll try to keep writing but my motivation has died somewhat...
awwww....i do hope you continue both of your remaining fanfics...i love all.....i will always be your supporter^^

edit: OMG! this is my post: 5, 500! dedicated to you!!!