Hey all you people in California

darvil

sarNie Adult
Well a "special" friend of mine is moving to California so I'm wondering what would be a good location near LA to live in. Any of you guys know a safe area with "cheap" prices? It'd be nice if the location was near an Asian store or market.

kutiepie

sarNie Egg
i live in arcadia, california it's a really good neighborhood and it's close to the asian community...mainly chinese.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
kutiepie said:
i live in arcadia, california it's a really good neighborhood and it's close to the asian community...mainly chinese.
[post="124100"][/post]​
arcadia? even sounds cool...hehe...thankies!

dfemc

sarNie Adult
*ahem* i wonder if we share that special friend :D ... well as for LA goes, there's alhambra, westminster (VietNamese Town) but these are more south. the real LA is gonna be kinda hard when it comes to cheap and safe places. but u can keep browsing a little beyond the radius of westwood or that UCLA area.

http://www.4rentinla.com/apartments/ucla-area/

that's a link there. most likely u'll need a roomate to survive out here with the crazy cost of rent. good luck special friend :)

jekki2chipo

sarNie Hatchling
I suggest living in the Alhambra San Gabriel area if you wanna be around asian, if not you could always hit K-Town, but the rent there is expensive.

But when you do come, hit me up, i'm always willing to show some sarnies around.

I live in LA.

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
yea you totally need a roommate because RENT is DEADLY out here.. if you are lucky you can find 2 bedrooms for 1200.. but yea I live in norcal so I dont know much about socal except the fact that I would HATE to live out there..lolz.. ^_^

dara

sarNie Egg
How close to LA?

If you go live in around Pomona (about 20 miles away from LA) then rent is cheaper. There's a few Asian markets there, notable a large Vietnamese supermarket (but it caters to all Asians).

Apartments with one or two bedrooms range from around 700 to 900 (average). It depends on how nice the place is.

By the way, Pomona is like in the center of the LA area, you have easy access to Los Angeles, Orange Country and the Inland Empire (Ontario, Riverside, San Bern.). It's right next to the San Gabriel Valley which has a huge Asian population and lots of Asian stores.

Preahya

sarNie Hatchling
Well......I recommend the San Gabriel Valley areas.....like Alhambra....Rosemead....because the rent are decent there!

Acradia.....no....every apts was really expensive, I tried looking for a place and I couldn`t believed the prices of the rent for some apts!!

I would say Pasadena because I lived there and I loved it....only 15-20 mins away from the San Gabriel Valley!

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
wow...looks like alhambra is really popular with everyone. i will look into this area. THANKS AGAIN ALL!!! this REEEEALLY helps!! :D

Preahya

sarNie Hatchling
yeah.....alhambra is great and cheap...close to San Gabriel Valley, South Pas, and Pasadena!

But, I would recommend Norwalk too since there alot of ASIAN stores/shops there too!!