Hmong Icon(HMONG IDOLS) in FRESNO on November

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
has anybody heard about the HMONG ICON (HMONG IDOLS) it's coming up in November 23 I guess. Heard that Paradise and Whyteshadows are hosting it. Anyone have any updated news on this please reply back and share so we all know. Seems intresting. One more thing its gonna be held at Roosevelt High School.

credit to hmongblog

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
hmong Idol? that singing competition?? i was gonna enter.......but then i thought against it..........hahaha..........anyways..........i heard that KACE from DESTINY is one of the judges..........

the prize is a trip to NEW YORK or something like that to get professional vocal lessons.............they you get to work side by side with KACE from DESTINY......and get to release your own album..........pretty sweet stuff there..........someone lucky will win........

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
good luck to all the contestants...

I would enter if I had the $$ to get a ride down wherever it took place.. lol .. and if I had the vocal.. which I don't..

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
beamie said:
hmong Idol? that singing competition?? i was gonna enter.......but then i thought against it..........hahaha..........anyways..........i heard that KACE from DESTINY is one of the judges..........

the prize is a trip to NEW YORK or something like that to get professional vocal lessons.............they you get to work side by side with KACE from DESTINY......and get to release your own album..........pretty sweet stuff there..........someone lucky will win........
[post="44490"][/post]​

really?!!! wow...that'll be so kool.....

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
*found the old article*
Published Thursday, October 06, 2005

Seeking fame, fortune and the opportunity to display their talents, six brave singers took the stage to audition for a chance to become a contestant in “Hmong Idol USA�.

With onlookers and supporters in the audience, the stage was set inside Dara Thai Restaurant in St. Paul, MN.

If nervousness played a factor, the hopeful contestants didn’t show it. From the first singer to the last, talent was apparent in all.

“We were honestly surprised by the high level of talent that was displayed today,� event organizer Kace Vang announced after the audition. “We’re going to have to carefully review the video tape to painfully make some final cuts.�

With only ten spots to fill for the final event that will be held on Saturday, December 10, Kace and the Hmong Idol USA crew have a long road ahead of them.

Besides the contestants at the open auditions, dozens of other aspiring singers have sent audition tapes to be reviewed for consideration as well.

According the organizers, the winner of Hmong Idol USA will receive an expense paid trip to Nashville, Tennessee, the music capital of America. There, the winner will study under celebrity voice coach Brett Manning for a week’s session.

With the professional training, the winner will be rewarded with a record deal from Charming Records where he or she will record an album with a professional recording producer.

Although the prize is a great incentive, performers such as Pamela Xiong, 23, expressed that the true incentive is simply “a reason to be on stage�.

The first to audition, Xiong decided to stay throughout the entire session. Afterwards, she nodded her head with gleaming approval. “After hearing all the performers, I must say I am really proud of how talented we Hmong are.�

The next audition is scheduled for Saturday October 22 at 3 PM at Dara Thai Restaurant.

For more information about Hmong Idol USA, please call Charming Records at 651-338-1606.

credit to hmongtoday

i think the prize is so worth it....

pajnyiag

sarNie Egg
Correct--Hmong Idol USA is being run by Kace Vang of Destiny along with his hardworking team at Charming Records. I actually went to a Hmong Idol promotional concert last night in St. Paul, MN. (I'm a contestant.) It was such a FUN experience!! Everyone is sooo talented and unique in their own little ways. All I have to say is that whoever wins will definitely deserve it. (= If you ever have a chance to see the Hmong Idols perform, go watch it!!!!

The prize is actually a 10-14 day professional voice development with Brett Manning in Nashville, Tennessee. In addition, the winner will get to professionally record a song in Nashville. Afterwards, I am assuming you will work side-by-side with Destiny, the Hmong band, to create your debut album.

Awesome, eh? Yeah, that's what I think too. (=

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
the flyer

Lights On Entertainment PResents
HMONG 2005 ICON
December 23, 2005
At Roosevelt High School Auditorium
5:00pm-9:30pm
ADVANCE: $6.00
DOOR: $8.00

For more information and tickest: