Hmong Idol 2010 Winner

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Congrats to Kashia Vang from Sacramento, Ca.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fueNyAydmc

Top 3

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
wow congrats to her. <_< why peeps always sing that song. tus kuv hlub...? now peeps singing sunshine's song's too. 0_0

milacute04

sarNie Egg
wow congrats to her. <_< why peeps always sing that song. tus kuv hlub...? now peeps singing sunshine's song's too. 0_0

congrats to Kaj Siab... she has a beautiful voice.. i was there at Hmong Idol and i thought she did a great job.. but i do hear that there's a controversy going on... so what's with the controversy thingie that's going on? i hear many stories, but would someone like to state all that? again?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
congrats to Kaj Siab... she has a beautiful voice.. i was there at Hmong Idol and i thought she did a great job.. but i do hear that there's a controversy going on... so what's with the controversy thingie that's going on? i hear many stories, but would someone like to state all that? again?
Ntsa Production was looking for a female singer, that's why they became the judges?
One of the judges back out because he knew of this? IDK. :p

Hi, I would like to answer your question. There's no controversy going on. There's just been people who disagree with the winner. But we feel its okay people feel that way. Everyone has their own taste of music and has a right to their opinion. We see many disagreements in the past with many other events hosted by other org. It is a fact that we cannot satisfy everyone, but we try our very best to.We as HmSA has heard many stories, but as the word, they are just stories. Any other questions, I can help answer and you guys can rely that my answers are truthful.

Ntsa Production was looking for a female singer, that's why they became the judges?
One of the judges back out because he knew of this? IDK. :p
I can assure you that none of our judges backed out because of this reason, nor did any of our judges backed out at all. Ja Iab productions became one of our judges because they were looking for a new artist to promote, not for a female artist.. Just like our last sponsor, Wise Guys Production who just recently released an album for our Hmong Idol 2009 Winner Koungla Vang. We also have two other judges on the pannel who have no connections with Ja Iab Productions, so even if they were looking for a female artist (which I highly doubt they were), Ja Iab had very little say in who would be our Hmong Idol 2010.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Hi, I would like to answer your question. There's no controversy going on. There's just been people who disagree with the winner. But we feel its okay people feel that way. Everyone has their own taste of music and has a right to their opinion. We see many disagreements in the past with many other events hosted by other org. It is a fact that we cannot satisfy everyone.We as HmSA has heard many stories, but as the word, they are just stories. Any other questions, I can help answer and you guys can rely that my answers are truthful.

I can assure you that none of our judges backed out because of this reason, nor did any of our judges backed out at all. Ja Iab productions became one of our judges because they were looking for a new artist to promote, not for a female artist.. Just like our last sponsor, Wise Guys Production who just recently released an album for our Hmong Idol 2009 Winner Koungla Vang. We also have two other judges on the pannel who have no connections with Ja Iab Productions, so even if they were looking for a female artist (which I highly doubt they were), Ja Iab had very little say in who would be our Hmong Idol 2010.
Thanks for confirming. :)

So does that mean, Ntsa Iab production will release an album for Kashia? jw.
Because if that's the case, great news. Ntsa Iab produces better music.
Wise Guys Production, in my opinion, did not do such a good job for Koungla's album.
The music was horrible. Anyhow, it's just my opinion. Hope sales go well.

milacute04

sarNie Egg
Hi, I would like to answer your question. There's no controversy going on. There's just been people who disagree with the winner. But we feel its okay people feel that way. Everyone has their own taste of music and has a right to their opinion. We see many disagreements in the past with many other events hosted by other org. It is a fact that we cannot satisfy everyone.We as HmSA has heard many stories, but as the word, they are just stories. Any other questions, I can help answer and you guys can rely that my answers are truthful.

oh ok... well since you can answer my questions... anyways, one of the contestants is a close relative of mine and he said that two of the contestants quit due to this controversy... if this isn't the reason for why they quit the competition rite before the show, what was the reason if i may ask...

Thanks for confirming. :)

So does that mean, Ntsa Iab production will release an album for Kashia? jw.
Because if that's the case, great news. Ntsa Iab produces better music.
Wise Guys Production, in my opinion, did not do such a good job for Koungla's album.
The music was horrible. Anyhow, it's just my opinion. Hope sales go well.
I cannot give an answer to that question at the moment. Kayshia still have the choice of whether or not to sign a contract with Ja Iab. If she does, then they will release an album for her. As for Wise Guys Productions, this was their first artist. You have your right to express your opinion, no need to apologize. :blush:

oh ok... well since you can answer my questions... anyways, one of the contestants is a close relative of mine and he said that two of the contestants quit due to this controversy... if this isn't the reason for why they quit the competition rite before the show, what was the reason if i may ask...
Yes two contestants pulled out before the show, that is true, but they did not pull out because of this reason. The first one pulled out due to personal reasons, I cannot disclose excatly what he said, but he said he will be joining us again next year. The other pulled out just hours before the show due to a family emergency. His name and informations was on the program that night. He was devasted because he had worked so hard for the show and apologizes numerous times for not being able to joined us that night. I hope this clearifies things.

milacute04

sarNie Egg
I cannot give an answer to that question at the moment. Kayshia still have the choice of whether or not to sign a contract with Ja Iab. If she does, then they will release an album for her. As for Wise Guys Productions, this was their first artist. You have your right to express your opinion, no need to apologize. :blush:

Yes two contestants pulled out before the show, that is true, but they did not pull out because of this reason. The first one pulled out due to personal reasons, I cannot disclose excatly what he said, but he said he will be joining us again next year. The other pulled out just hours before the show due to a family emergency. His name and informations was on the program that night. He was devasted because he had worked so hard for the show and apologizes numerous times for not being able to joined us that night. I hope this clearifies things.

ok... but then how come that's not what they said? i mean don't get me wrong, the winner is a great singer, they all were that night, and i'm sure that it was a difficult decision to make... but in my opinion, truthfully, i did not think that the winner would've made it to the second round... and how were the contestants being judge? do you guys add up the scores and total it up? or do you guys give them a score for each round?

ok... but then how come that's not what they said? i mean don't get me wrong, the winner is a great singer, they all were that night, and i'm sure that it was a difficult decision to make... but in my opinion, truthfully, i did not think that the winner would've made it to the second round... and how were the contestants being judge? do you guys add up the scores and total it up? or do you guys give them a score for each round?
I am actually the Contestant-Relations Director, which meant I worked closely with all the contestants. Whenever any contestants pulled out, I knew about it. As I stated above, those were the reasons given to me by the contestants when they pulled out. If they say otherwise afterward, then maybe there was a miscommunication between us and the contestants, but sincerely those were the reasons I received from the contestants. Everyone is entitled their right to their opinion, and we respect your opinions. The winner is chosen by the total sum of his/her scores. If you as the audience believe we should do it otherwise, we are always open for suggestion.

milacute04

sarNie Egg
I am actually the Contestant-Relations Director, which meant I worked closely with all the contestants. Whenever any contestants pulled out, I knew about it. As I stated above, those were the reasons given to me by the contestants when they pulled out. If they say otherwise afterward, then maybe there was a miscommunication between us and the contestants, but sincerely those were the reasons I received from the contestants. Everyone is entitled their right to their opinion, and we respect your opinions. The winner is chosen by the total sum of his/her scores. If you as the audience believe we should do it otherwise, we are always open for suggestion.

oh ok... so this means that it's just another regular Hmong singing competition... and the only thing that's making it different is the title of the competition.. i would like to segest that in the future, you guys judge the contestants per round... meaning that each contestant should be score each round, if it's going to be called "Hmong Idol"... and that you guys have the audience vote who the winner will be.. i understand that it's only fair if you guys round up the scores, but then that would lose it's purpose of the whole idea of Hmong Idol in relating to American Idol - cuz the contestants on American Idol is being judge and criticize each round... and also, for the judges to give feedbacks to the contestants during each round, giving their own opinion about the contestants song choice and vocals... i know that having the audience vote would probably be a hassel for you guys, but i think it's also worth a try... by doing so, you guys should have all the audience send a text to someone's phone and then calculate all the scores - and only giving the audience like 5 mins to vote... then, no one would be complaining... or maybe they still would, probably complaining that you guys didn't round up the text scores correctly... lol...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Can I suggest something too. :)

The audiences should vote for who wins because the audience are the ones who will be supporting the winner, such as buying their CD'S and attending their events and etc. :)

Video of Kashia, Hmong Idol 2010 from hmong network.

http://hmongnetwork.com/media/231/Hmong_Idol_2010_Winner/

I'm amazed and glad that she wants to donate some money to a school.
Isn't this what winner's for pageants should do. hehe

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
they did great.
i just think some voices were better than others.
some sounded like they were just talking along with the music, but had a vibe at the end.
some were actually singing.. but lacked the vibe.
but it's okay.. there's always room for improvement..
as well as tuning up the vocals.
=D

oh ok... so this means that it's just another regular Hmong singing competition... and the only thing that's making it different is the title of the competition.. i would like to segest that in the future, you guys judge the contestants per round... meaning that each contestant should be score each round, if it's going to be called "Hmong Idol"... and that you guys have the audience vote who the winner will be.. i understand that it's only fair if you guys round up the scores, but then that would lose it's purpose of the whole idea of Hmong Idol in relating to American Idol - cuz the contestants on American Idol is being judge and criticize each round... and also, for the judges to give feedbacks to the contestants during each round, giving their own opinion about the contestants song choice and vocals... i know that having the audience vote would probably be a hassel for you guys, but i think it's also worth a try... by doing so, you guys should have all the audience send a text to someone's phone and then calculate all the scores - and only giving the audience like 5 mins to vote... then, no one would be complaining... or maybe they still would, probably complaining that you guys didn't round up the text scores correctly... lol...
Thank you soo much for all your suggestions. We will make sure to bring them up for discussion at our meetings. But I will have to say that the problem with audiences voting is that, when the idea was brought up for discussion, many members including some contestants felt it wouldn't be fair because some contestants will bring in bigger crowds than others. They didn't want this competition to be based on who knew more people, and who could get more people to attend the event to vote for them. This was why we decided not to have the audiences vote.

milacute04

sarNie Egg
Thank you soo much for all your suggestions. We will make sure to bring them up for discussion at our meetings. But I will have to say that the problem with audiences voting is that, when the idea was brought up for discussion, many members including some contestants felt it wouldn't be fair because some contestants will bring in bigger crowds than others. They didn't want this competition to be based on who knew more people, and who could get more people to attend the event to vote for them. This was why we decided not to have the audiences vote.

well then in that case, maybe you guys should do it as a percentage and then add it to their total scores or give out an award for who people's choice would be...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
That's true, if you make the audiences vote, some contestants will bring in bigger crowds than others but think about this. :)

No one knows (no one should know) whose gonna make top 3, therefore the contestants can bring as many crowd as they want because at the end. Maybe the contestant(s) with the bigger crowd might get eliminate the first or second round. Unless, the winner has been chosen before the show has started. then, that will be a different story. :)

Full House, the better. Do HMSA a favor. :)