Hmong July 4th 2011 festival.....in MN....

pnhv

sarNie Egg
Is there still a tournament going on this year.....? What is the date and where is it located? I would like to know. Thanks.

ntxhiav_vaj

sarNie Hatchling
Location is the same place every year. McMurray Field Como Park. I don't know if its still there or they changed it. It should be at that park.

Nisha

sarNie Hatchling
I heard there is not going to be one this year. some people said it will be at Oshkosh instead in St Paul. Anyone know anything about this. I want to make sure there is one before I book a hotel.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
There's going to be one. July 2nd-3rd. Same place as usual. I'd post up the flyer in PDF form but Idk how. Located at McMurray Field Como Park

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
I heard there is not going to be one this year. some people said it will be at Oshkosh instead in St Paul. Anyone know anything about this. I want to make sure there is one before I book a hotel.

yeah my aunt who called my mom talked about that n she said there isn't any. BUT now i'm not sure.

Sherrie

sarNie Adult
The soccer tournament is still held at Como Park this weekend. My cousins are participating in the tournament too plus kong and shu project thing are also held this weekend which I think confirms everything that July 4 is still held this year. I live in St. Paul too so I can guarantee that the soccer tournament is still held this weekend.

cecilia

Staff member
this year turn out was kindda bad - not that many booths like before and the way the booths are set up was whacked! i didn't enjoy it as much as i did before .. it seems like any other typical tournament -- so not like an international one. what a pity!

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
this year turn out was kindda bad - not that many booths like before and the way the booths are set up was whacked! i didn't enjoy it as much as i did before .. it seems like any other typical tournament -- so not like an international one. what a pity!
I heard that they put up too many fences etc which makes it somewhat smaller and confusing. Good thing I didn't go. I think the only thing that doesn't changes in MN in the flea markets and new year(for Hmong stuff)

pyang

sarNie Egg
i didn't go but i think it's because now there are 2 flea market that are open 7 days a week so the vendors see no point of going anymore plus business hasn't been good these past years. not to mention the construction that was going on and the late notice of the event actually taking place.