HMONG NEWYR PAGEANT REQUIREMENTS/DEADLINES?

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i just wanna know what are the requirements.

age?
reading, writing hmong?
ETC?

im just curious about what is required to enter the competition.
like, money wise and stuff.
i know you gotta look good, but i wanna know how it all goes.

they should follow a hmong pageant competitor's days to see how it goes.

aaaahhh!

shinewin

sarNie Egg
Maybe every pagaent have different requires, but one year they try to have my sisters enter and I was reading the requirements. I know for sure you have to be single, between age 16 to 24, never married or divorced. They probably wish you were a virgin but who can go to proving that. I dont think they care too much about weight, because there was nothing about it in the paper. As far as preparation goes, you must be prepared with at least 2 to 3 songs or dance or what ever you plan to do as your talent. Must have a laos, hmong, and a evening gowns outfit. Back then anyone can enter in without a sponser, but now they require a sponser, which you can use your parents as sponser too. And you must prepare yourself to answer questions. You best go and watch all the hmong pageant videos you can, a lot of the questions are the same every year.
Like if you win, what will you do to make the homng community better....you know.

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
MISSION STATEMENT:
-To promote cultural unity among the Hmong
-To organize, operate and manage the annual Hmong International New Year Celebration in Fresno, CA
-To preserve the Hmong culture, language and heritage
-To support Hmong youth for educational purposes

The Miss Hmong International Pageant is dedicated to showcasing young Hmong women in a colorful production that will represent culture, intelligence and talent. Individuals, including those without prior experience, are encouraged to apply and join the Miss Hmong International Pageant family.

IN ORDER TO BE QUALIFIED TO APPLY, YOU MUST BE:
-Female from birth
-Born before December 26, 1992 (meaning you must be at least 18 years old; this change every year)
-At least one biological parent is Hmong
-Single and never married both culturally and legally
-Not pregnant before or during reign if contestant should place
-Speak and understand both Hmong and English fluently
-Not an immediate family member/affiliate with HINY (Hmong International New Year) &Board of Directors
-Exempt of criminal history and records
-Be nominated by an organization/business/church or legal identity

(Must be available to attend and participate in HINY events upon request)

CONTESTANT REQUIREMENTS:
-COMMITMENT
*Contestants must commit to ALL training and mandatory events prior to pageant day. In addition, contestants may be asked to participate in additional events in the Fresno area.
-COSTS/SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITY
*Contestants must submit a Registration Fee upon application submission and are limited to 2 sponsors per contestant. (I don't know the fee for this year yet but I'll find out. Last year's fee was $200.00)

SPONSOR(S) MAY BE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING:
-Provide required outfits/costumes and/or accessories needed
-Be available for the contestant to contact/reach
-Purchase gifts/flowers to support contestant

CONTESTANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
-Attach a face shot and a full body shot (3X5 or 4X6). Photographs must be taken in the last 12 months. Face shot must be of high quality/professional grade and at least 300dpi. Wear solid colors. Background of your face shot must have a solid backdrop. Do not touch up or edit photos. Hands should not be on or around face area.
-Furnish a copy of state current identification card, passport and Social Security Card
-Attach a current resume
-Submit completed application from in person or walk-in to Hmong International New Year Foundation, Inc. by Friday, November 19, 2010 (MAIL/FAX to:
Hmong International New Year Foundation, INC.
1558 North 9th Street
Fresno, CA 93703
Tel:559-287-1012 FAX:559-487-1014​

MISS HMONG INTERNATIONAL PAGEANT PRIZES
1. Miss Hmong International $5000.00*
2. Miss Hmong International, 1st Runner-up $3000.00
3. Miss Hmong International, 2nd Runner-up $1000.00
4. Others (Runner-ups) $200.00 per non-title holder contestant

*Queen title is subject to receive up to an additional match of $5000.00 donation upon HINY approval for community service/choice of foundation/organization. Recipient must fundraise up to or equal to $5000.00 to receive the allotted match on top of scholarship award.

AWARDS:
1. Miss Congeniality
2. Miss Photogenic
3. Miss Talent

(*Minimum of 8 participants and maximum of 10 is required for competition)

To download and print application: CLICK HERE

I hope this information help you. I'll post up the registration fee and others if I find out more. GOOD LUCK for anybody who wants to compete in this year's competition.