Hmong writing

Muddie Murda

smile...
I found this in which they claimed it being Hmong writing.

Not saying they had facts of it.

THey just had a list of writings in all different language and I happen to see Hmong.

I clicked on it and wow....

Looks greeskish and egypt kinda.

^_^ Ur view? Or other writings that others had claimed to be Hmong?

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
i really doubt it's hmong...from all the articles and papers i've read...it's never mentioned anything about hmong writing...errrrrrrr

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
yeah, i heard that there use to be an actual written old language but it faded out a while ago. i wonder who came up with the current hmong writing?

Muddie Murda

smile...
There's many 'versions' of the hmong writing right?

anyone got other ones??

pbv

sarNie Juvenile
this is hmong writing i think...we have the roman aphebetical writing system which we use more but this is one of the first writing systems invented for the hmong language

pajnyiag

sarNie Egg
This is a different kind of Hmong writing. It was actually the very first form of Hmong writing (there is a name for this style of Hmong writing too). However, the one that many Hmong people use today is the one we often see (i.e. "hlub," "vaaj," "tsev," etc.). There are actually controversies on which writing system we should use as Hmong people; however, it seems that most of us will be using the second one I mentioned.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
who would doubt that that's hmong writing system? it is the hmong writing system. I learned to refer it to ntawv hmoob koos haum or ntawv hmoob phaj hauj and the other as ntawv hmoob las tees.

rukmos

sarNie Adult
I don't think it's hmong writing becasue the hmong language has always only been
a spoken language and not a written language until recently...the writings above look more thai...so it might be an early developement of thai writing in history.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
it was created by this hmong guy. i learned that he was assisinated by these hmong leaders. there was a picture of him.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
It is a Hmong writing called "ntawv cob fab"...a little history...these group of Hmong people separated into the jungle (has something to do with war)...and developed their very own writing...I actually took a class in middle school but didn't stay long...