Hmongflix.com - Now offering Korean Dramas for rent

hmongflix

sarNie Egg
Hello,

Below are some of the title we have and will be adding more titles everyday. Please visit www.hmongflix.com in the Browse Hmong DVDs > Genres > Korean Drama for complete listing.

Thanks.
Hmongflix Staff

Truth
I Love You
49 Days
A Princess's First Love
Mischievous Kiss
Palace
Coffee Prince
Brilliant Legacy
Secret
Boys Over Flowers

hmongflix

sarNie Egg
Hello,

Special Christmas offer 20% off any plan. Enter code DECHF for discount. Expires 1/1/12.

Thanks,
Hmongflix Staff

candi

sarNie Juvenile
I'm not sure how your plans can work with korean dramas since there are more than one part. Plus, all these dramas can be watched online for free. Do you guys have permission to rent out korean dramas?

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
"To Hmongflix and all those who support it, here's what you need to know: you WILL be contributing to the DEATH of the Hmong film industry! As a filmmaker, I'm already struggling with vendors and other distributors who are milking every penny I'm trying to earn. Now, here comes Hmongflix, who is illegally renting out my film (that I spent over a year making with my hard-earned money and creativity) and making profit of it! You can't honestly tell me that this is fair and legit! Any attempt we have tried to reason with Hmongflix has failed! In the ideal world we, the producers and Hmongflix, should work together and share the profits--- create a win-win situation! In reality, Hmongflix is a scam and is preying on Hmong filmmakers and viewers of Hmong movies. So, if you are a customer of Hmongflix, then just know that you are not only contributing to criminals, but you are contributing to the DEATH of the Hmong film industry. I will be the first one to leave! My new market WILL NOT be the Hmong market if this continues!" - Bryan Vue

TO MY fellow HMONG PEOPLE,
what Hmong Filmmaker Bryan Vue has stated above is right. Please look at it from the filmmaker's point of view. Filmmakers face problems and spend hundreds of dollars to make their movies to get into the Hmong market yet here it is, Hmongflix illegallly renting out his film that he spent hundreds of dollars on; does the filmmaker get anything in return?!? No. HMONG FLIX is a scam. Please, help support your fellow Hmong Filmmakers, not HmongFlicks.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
"To Hmongflix and all those who support it, here's what you need to know: you WILL be contributing to the DEATH of the Hmong film industry! As a filmmaker, I'm already struggling with vendors and other distributors who are milking every penny I'm trying to earn. Now, here comes Hmongflix, who is illegally renting out my film (that I spent over a year making with my hard-earned money and creativity) and making profit of it! You can't honestly tell me that this is fair and legit! Any attempt we have tried to reason with Hmongflix has failed! In the ideal world we, the producers and Hmongflix, should work together and share the profits--- create a win-win situation! In reality, Hmongflix is a scam and is preying on Hmong filmmakers and viewers of Hmong movies. So, if you are a customer of Hmongflix, then just know that you are not only contributing to criminals, but you are contributing to the DEATH of the Hmong film industry. I will be the first one to leave! My new market WILL NOT be the Hmong market if this continues!" - Bryan Vue

what Hmong Filmmaker Bryan Vue has stated above is right. Please look at it from the filmmaker's point of view. Filmmakers face problems and spend hundreds of dollars to make their movies to get into the Hmong market yet here it is, Hmongflix illegallly renting out his film that he spent hundreds of dollars on; does the filmmaker get anything in return?!? No. HMONG FLIX is a scam. Please, help support your fellow Hmong Filmmakers, not HmongFlicks.
I knew it! Not only that, Hmongflix is overpriced. :thumbdown:

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
You tried it? lol

HmongFlix is a scam. Why do you think it's call HmongFlicks?! Beware my fellow Hmong people!!!
Lol. I didn't try. I checked out the website and saw how expensive it is for just 1 dvd.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
Lol. I didn't try. I checked out the website and saw how expensive it is for just 1 dvd.
WOW...trying to scam...I bet it's probably not even the actual dvds..probably burnt...
This is sad....Hmong peeps trying to scam each other.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
WOW...trying to scam...I bet it's probably not even the actual dvds..probably burnt...
This is sad....Hmong peeps trying to scam each other.
:thumbdown: Sadly, Hmong people have been trying to scam each other for years now. smh

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Haha, I can't wait to see the day that Hmongflix gets sued. They're gonna face huge charges and most likely jail time. Anyone want some popcorn? It'll be a really interesting shoe. :popcorn:

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
ATTENTION: HMONG FLIX is renting these movies without permission. Do not support this promotion if you still wish to see future Hmong movies and music videos. Hmongflix is ruining Hmong Productions, making Hmong productions lose their profits. Spread the word!

hmongflix

sarNie Egg

Mr. Bryan Vue of Bird's-Eye Vue Film sent us a message (Jan 2012) apologizing for his remarks. Both sides are moving on we are and looking foward to doing business with them should we require any of their works.

Regards,
Hmongflix

hmongflix

sarNie Egg
:thumbdown: Sadly, Hmong people have been trying to scam each other for years now. smh
1. A scam is when producers:
a. purposely split a movie into 2 disc with poor editing so they can charge $20 for it. Please explain to everyone here how can Lord of the Ring fit 3+ hours into one disc while most Hmong movies on 2 disc are barely around 70 min each.
b. claim there is a "rental rights" and stores are required to pay $300-$600 to rent them out. Under Section 109(a) of the Copyright Act and what is known as the "First Sale Doctrine", it is not required to obtain permission from the copy right holder to sell, rent, or distribute a lawfully made copy of a copyrighted work.

Regards,
Hmongflix

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
1. A scam is when producers:
a. purposely split a movie into 2 disc with poor editing so they can charge $20 for it. Please explain to everyone here how can Lord of the Ring fit 3+ hours into one disc while most Hmong movies on 2 disc are barely around 70 min each.
b. claim there is a "rental rights" and stores are required to pay $300-$600 to rent them out. Under Section 109(a) of the Copyright Act and what is known as the "First Sale Doctrine", it is not required to obtain permission from the copy right holder to sell, rent, or distribute a lawfully made copy of a copyrighted work.

Regards,
Hmongflix
a. That's the editors fault. Most producers hire other people to edit it for them as they have no experience in editing.
b. They need to earn a profit. With Hmongflix running around renting out Hmong movies, all the productions who has had their dvds rented out earn no profit, making them not have enough money to produce new movies for us viewers.

I'd rather support the producers so that they can create better movies in the future than hand all the profit to you creating the death of the Hmong entertainment industry.

hmongflix

sarNie Egg
a. That's the editors fault. Most producers hire other people to edit it for them as they have no experience in editing.
Are producers hiring the same editor becuase all the movies seem to be on 2 disc? Due to their small budget why do you think most producers are actors, editors, writer, director, casting manager, etc. in their own movies. Regardless, producers approve of the editing prior to sending it out to be replicated so yes, it is their fault.

b. They need to earn a profit. With Hmongflix running around renting out Hmong movies, all the productions who has had their dvds rented out earn no profit, making them not have enough money to produce new movies for us viewers.
A producers failure or success is based on the quality of their work.

I'd rather support the producers so that they can create better movies in the future than hand all the profit to you creating the death of the Hmong entertainment industry.

If you are so concerned about the Hmong movie industry, why are you even on Youtube and putting video links of illegaly uploaded video in here? - Which has been removed by Youtube due to copyright infringemnet. (see link) Why aren't you "running around" standing up for these producers who's video are all up there? Yet you are here "running" your mouth on subjects you are clueles of whats legal or illegal.

http://asianfuse.net...ab-ci-yaj-vol2/

By the way, we purchase hundreds of movies per EVERY new release title vs. you buying one or two movies here and there. I believe we are supporting the Hmong movie industry better than you.

Regards,
Hmongflix

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Are producers hiring the same editor becuase all the movies seem to be on 2 disc? Due to their small budget why do you think most producers are actors, editors, writer, director, casting manager, etc. in their own movies. Regardless, producers approve of the editing prior to sending it out to be replicated so yes, it is their fault.

If you are so concerned about the Hmong movie industry, why are you even on Youtube and putting video links of illegaly uploaded video in here? - Which has been removed by Youtube due to copyright infringemnet. (see link) Why aren't you "running around" standing up for these producers who's video are all up there? Yet you are here "running" your mouth on subjects you are clueles of whats legal or illegal.

By the way, we purchase hundreds of movies per EVERY new release title vs. you buying one or two movies here and there. I believe we are supporting the Hmong movie industry better than you.

Regards,
Hmongflix
You never know whether or not all productions have the same editors. They have a deadline for the movies to be finished so that they can sell it on time. They're doing everything they can to make it the best that they can.

The quality of their work can determine their failure or not but with Hmong people running around making copies of Hmong movies to rent/sell, they're losing profit. Which means they don't have money to produce better quality movies as I said before.

Those were uploaded by youtubers without earning a profit and helped advertise the new release. And does it look like I don't stand up for those producers? Heck, keep stalking me all you want to prove your point.

Do you purchase hundreds of movies per every new release or copy hundreds of movies per every new release? Anyone can claim something on the net but what about in real life? Even if you purchase hundreds of copies, you're running around renting them to others when those people could take their money to actually support the productions.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
Haha, I can't wait to see the day that Hmongflix gets sued. They're gonna face huge charges and most likely jail time. Anyone want some popcorn? It'll be a really interesting shoe. :popcorn:
"I hope they do go to jail. They are like childeren with no manner. DOWN WITH THIS MUTHAFUKA!
still trying to rip people off. In the future if they ever win a award, it will be an award for killing their peoples' movie industries."

Regards,
Not a supporter of Hmong Flix

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid

Regards,
Hmongflix
WOW! You know how to CITE your sources? I'm amazed you know how to CITE your sources from what you messaged me about, MR. NETFLIX....I mean Mr. Hmongflicks.

I'm interested now. Do you also rent out Thai Boran Lakorns and new movies? or do you do boot-legged and cut off versions where you take it off youtube? Cause now I'm interested.