Hmonggurl10 2010 Story Collection

hmonggurl10

sarNie Egg
Hey, Thanks for stopping by to read this. I'm a huge fan of films and the media. Personally, I get the plotline of the stories from the media and some are about my personal life. I love reading and writing. I have wrote many stories, but I have never shown anyone other than my two sisters about my stories. Most of them are completely finish and now I just need to type it out. I will hopefully get all the stories typed and then post it on here.

Ones that are completely finish:
ARRANGEMENTS - Brenda Song, Hero, Nickhun, Dao Vue, Paj Zuab, Muaj Tseeb Vaj, Golf & Mike, Edison Chen, Dennis O'Neil, etc.
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LOVES YOU? - fictional characters
ANYTHING CAN CHANGE, ANYTHING CAN WAIT FOR ONCE - fictional characters
FAITH KILLS - fictional characters
TWO LIVES, ONE LOVE - fictional characters

REVENGE - Kwan, U-know, Gdragon, Seven, Top, Keiko, Taecyeon

Ones that are not completed:
THE PRINCESS AND THE FROGS

BROTHERS AND SISTERS LOVE - fictional characters

Thanks for taking your time to read this. I'll post as many as possible when I finish typing. Please feel free to request me which story you would love to read. The more feedback the more motivation I will have to keep this going. When you request a story I'll make sure I work on that one so you will finish it first before going to a new story. Thanks.

~

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
OoOoOO i can't wait to read your stories :D welcome to Sarnworld's Fanfic Section which is very much alive with readers and writers ^^

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
wow, can't wait to read ur fics! they all sound so interesting :D welcome to the FF section.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
love your idea, i never thought of writing hmong fanfics; maybe after seeing this i might come up with sum in the future.
i also can't wait to read your fanfic, update me.

hmonggurl10

sarNie Egg
Hey, I finally got REVENGE typed. It's not long and it's not chapter format. Hopefully, you guys enjoy. Written August 3&4,2009.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters: Keiko - Katherine TOP - Peter Se7en U-Know - Stephen
Kwan - Briana G-dragon Taek

Topeka Police Station

“Peter, guess what I got you? You don’t need to say anything. I got you a snicker bar, a new sweater, a Rolex watch, and these,” Briana dug out a car key and placed it in front of Peter, “Your car keys. I got your car fix. It took a few months, but it’s really worth it. It looks as good as when you first brought it. You would thank me for it.”
Peter smiled, “Thank you for everything. Please take the car key back with you, okay? I’m afraid I’ll lose it during my stay. This place is worst than being homeless.”
Briana put the key back into her purse, “Okay, I know…How long will you be in here? I miss you so much.”
Peter coughed, “Six more months before I’m free. I miss you too. How’s everyone at home?”
Briana looked around the visiting lobby, “They’re okay I guess. I never see Henry because he’s busy and Ava is somewhere doing her own thing.”
Peter looked away, “How about Katherine?”
“She’s okay I guess…She’s dating Taek. You deserve someone better. She’s just using you,” Briana exclaimed.
From the main office, the officer yelled, “Visiting hours is over!”
Peter stood up, “Thanks for all this. Thank you for coming.”
Briana embraced him, “Peter, I love you.”
Peter laughed, “I’ve been here for a year and six months and here you are still saying those sweet things.”
Briana lightly pushed him away, “But I do love you, brother. You know we’re the only ones who understand each other.”
Peter patted her head, “I know little sister. I love you, too.”

Moua Family House

“Where have you been? I was worry,” Mai Paj, Briana’s mother, asked, “You’re not playing around in the new fashion store, are you?”
Briana embraced her mother, “No mother. Today’s visiting hours at Topeka Police Station, the location where Peter is staying in. Can’t you remember?”
Mai Paj pushed Briana away, “How’s Peter?”
Briana walked over to the kitchen counter, “Why don’t you go see him for yourself?”
Briana fetched herself an apple from the compote.
Briana’s mother sat down on the loveseat facing the television, “You know I can’t. My son needs me, but your father won’t let me. Peter is a disgrace to the Moua household.”
Briana looked over at her mother, “Father hates Peter so much. It’s not like he’s the only twenty-year-old man who has ever drink and drive. He is not a disgrace to our household. There’s many more Mouas out there that behave this way.”
“But he’s the first to get in an accident due to drinking in this family,” Briana’s father, Meng, entered the room.
Briana stood up feeling embarrassed, “Sorry, Father.”
Briana’s mother walked over to her husband, “You’re home early.”

Grandparent’s House

“Every other Tuesday are visiting hours at Topeka Police Station where Peter is kept. When anyone is free please go visit him,” Meng stated to the family.
Henry yawned, “Father, the big meeting is about this? There’s no point in my presence of being here. I rescheduled the meeting with Mr. Wong over this. Peter doesn’t have a life, but I do. Each rescheduling causes money out of my paycheck.”
“Sorry Henry, but this was all of Briana’s idea,” Meng stated, “She believes Peter is a part of this family.”
Henry and Ava looked over at Briana.
“What?! This is Peter we’re talking about. Even if he made a mistake, he’s still a part of this family. It’s not like you two ever made any mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes all the time,” Briana shot at them.
Henry and Ava stood up.
“If it’s only about Peter then we’re gone,” Ava said.
Henry and Ava left the house. Briana looked at her father and then at her mother. She stood up before saying anything.
“Since Peter went to jail, this family isn’t the same. If Henry or Ava made the mistake, nothing about this family would change. But it’s Peter, the bad guy. He’s always the bad guy in this family. Why, father? Why is Peter always the bad one? I don’t think I can become Ava or Henry. Peter and I are always like this no matter what. We can’t change anything. If you want us to be exactly like Henry and Ava, you got to clone them. That’s the only way. I would never be like them. I’m proud of whom I am and I want to be like Peter. People make mistakes. Even you,” Briana went out the door before her parents could react.

Six Months Later
Stephen’s Room

“Why are you marrying Peter’s sister, Briana?” Taek asked.
Stephen stood up from the desk, “Because Peter hurt my sister. What I’m doing will still not hurt him as much as what Katherine had to go through. Katherine chose abortion months after Peter’s stay in jail last year. She suffered for him until she met you. I can’t let him go free. I’m going to hurt him as much as what Katherine had to go through.”
Taek sat uncomfortably on the chair, he moved back and forth before standing up to face the open patio door.
“I’m happy Katherine has a brother like you…so what you’re saying is that you’re using Briana for revenge?” Taek questioned.
Stephen smiled, “Revenge and just to get what I want, a part of my father’s will. All she wants is to satisfy her father and begin a new life with a man that’ll be there for her when she’s in need.”
“But you’re not that man, correct?”
“Yes, I’m not the man. I’m the bad one in this drama.”

The Salon

“My beautiful little sister, today you’re getting married. I thought it would never come,” Peter said to Briana.
“Are you saying no boy would ever fall in love with me?”
Peter stood up from the chair and approached her from behind.
Briana smiled at him in the mirror.
“No, I’m saying I should be the one in marriage before you because I’m older than you,” Peter pat her head.
Briana pushed his hands away, “Don’t touch my hair. You’re going to mess it up. It doesn’t matter who’s older. When it’s about love age isn’t a factor, understand?”
Peter nodded his head, “I came back only one day and here you are leaving me alone to run off in a marriage.”
Briana became upset, “Sorry Peter. Sorry, I wasn’t planning this to happen so soon.”
Peter smiled, “I was only kidding. Don’t get upset…so who’s the lucky groom, the man who’s going to spend his life with my lil sister?”
Before Briana could answer, Katherine came into the salon.
“My soon-to-be sister-in-law, how’s it going?” Katherine asked.
As soon as Katherine popped in, Peter’s mood changed.
Peter looked straight at Briana, “Who’s the groom?!”
Briana was confused, “Peter, are you okay? It’s only Stephen.”
“Katherine’s brother and only brother?!” Peter asked.
“Yes her brother, Stephen. Peter, why are you yelling?”
Peter got a hold of his Briana’s hand and pulled her off of the stool.
“Peter, what are you doing? I’m not ready to go yet.”
Katherine became worried, “Peter, what’s going on? Briana isn’t ready yet.”
Peter looked at Katherine, “I thought you had a heart, Katherine. Is this how you’re going to get revenge on me, by telling your brother to marry my sister? I thought you were nice.”
He pulled Briana toward the door.
“I’ll tell you in the car. Trust me on this one,” Peter said locking eyes with Briana.
She looked back at Katherine who was calling someone and then back at Peter. Then she nodded her head. He released her hands and they got into his car.

Peter’s Car

“Before I got in the accident, I was out with Stephen…Briana, you know I’m not an alcoholic,” Peter looked over at her.
Briana nodded her head, “Peter, I understand. Go on.”
“Stephen kept on handing me glasses of wine every second. He told me G-dragon got Katherine pregnant…G-dragon was my only friend back then…So when he handed over wine after wine, I consume it to forget about what I have heard. G-dragon was the only friend that understood me, so when I heard the news it was the worst day of my life. Hours later we finally stopped drinking and came out of the club. His driver drove him home and I drove myself. That led to the accident. He’s the reason why I’m like this living my life like this.”
“So why would he get revenge on you now by using me?”
Peter stopped the car on the shoulder, “The baby isn’t G-dragon’s and it isn’t mine.”
“What? How do you know?” Briana questioned.
“During my last few weeks in jail, G-dragon came by to visit. He was leaving the state. Before he left and before I came out as a free man, he wanted me to know the truth. Stephen lied to me that G-dragon was with Katherine to get me drunk. Stephen only knew that the baby’s father is me…Katherine told Stephen that after I found out that she was with Taek. She was going to lose me, so she lied to him. However, she revealed to G-dragon that the baby was Taek’s. Not mine…She aborted the baby last year, months after I got in jail. But I’m afraid Stephen doesn’t know that the baby is Taek’s. Stephen still thinks it’s mine, so why did he force you to marry him this fast? He wants revenge just to make me feel the pain.”
Briana looked over at Peter, “So it’s not really love. It’s about revenge on my brother. Peter, I’m going to go through with this. Please follow and go along with it. Act as if nothing is wrong.”
Peter look at her, “Are you crazy? I can’t let you marry him.”
“Listen, if that’s his plan I’ll give him something else,” Briana looked on ahead, “I’ll divorced him as soon as I get a little part in his club and the Enterprise. I know his father would give me anything because I’ll be the greatest and only daughter-in-law to him. I’ll win over his family and then the plan ends by getting a little present at the end.”
Peter stayed silent for awhile until he answered, “Give me a call when the plan fails to developed. I’ll help you.”
Briana and Peter smirked.

The Salon

“Where could Peter have taken her?” Stephen asked.
Briana and Peter came back into the salon. Peter’s expression changed into a more friendly and happy visage. Stephen stood up from the couch and approached Briana.
“Are you okay, Briana?” Stephen asked locking eyes with her.
“It’s not a stranger. It’s only her brother, Peter,” Peter answered for Briana, “Why would I hurt my lil sister on the happiest day of her life?”
“It’s Peter, Stephen. He wanted to wish me a good life. Did you think you’ll lose me and not succeed your plan?”
Stephen became confuse where he’s facial expression changed.
Briana touched his chest, “The plan of …marrying me and being one soul. You’re so uptight lately. What’s wrong?”
Stephen smiled at her, “Nothing is wrong. I was just worry about you. Katherine, please take Briana to the dressing room. She still needs to dress and finish her make-up.”
Before Briana left with Katherine, she kiss Stephen on his cheeks, “I love you.”
Taek shook Peter’s hand and they talked. Stephen was silent looking confuse and thinking until Peter started talking to him. Stephen wasn’t happy about what had just happen.
“So here’s my ex-girlfriend’s brother marrying my lil sister. This is a small world after all,” Peter said.
Stephen looked at Peter, “um…I hope you don’t mind.”
Peter punched Stephen in the face. Taek helped Stephen back up. Stephen sourly rubbed his mouth and looked at Peter.
“Welcome to the family, Stephen. You’re a Moua now,” Peter happily proclaimed.
Peter pulled Stephen for a hug for a second. Stephen kindly smile, but his mouth is in pain.
“Did I punch you that hard? I’m sorry I forgot you’re not a strong man….I guess you’re different from the other guys Briana have dated in the past,” Peter said.
Stephen smiled a little, “I’m fine. Don’t worry. I guess I’m the new guy that she finds interest at the present time.”
Taek awkwardly smile, but he was worry about the flame between the two.

The Entrance

“Welcome. Thank you, Mr. Hartford and Mrs. Harford for coming,” said Mr. Lao.
The families from both sides were welcoming the guests. Then, out of nowhere Briana’s ex-boyfriend came by.
“Hey there Briana,” Se7en gladly proclaim, “I’m here to pick up my Princess.”
Briana rush to Se7en and embraced him. The two families looked at each other. Then, surprisingly Se7en kissed Briana on both cheeks and then was heading toward the mouth, Stephen stepped in.
He pulled them apart and had his hand out, “I’m Stephen the groom.”
Se7en looked at Stephen and held his hand out, “I’m Se7en, it’s not my real name, but you don’t deserve to know who I am. What you need to know though is I’m Briana’s lover.”
Stephen didn’t listen instead he went forward about to shake Se7en’s hand, but Se7en had moved to Briana’s side.
“I’ll talk to you later, beautiful.”
Se7en entered the building. Stephen felt embarrassed, but there was a flame burning in his eyes as Se7en proceeded down the aisle. The two families kept on welcoming guests after the incident. But Stephen kept on glancing once in awhile at Briana because she was stealing glances at Se7en.

Men’s Bathroom

“What’s wrong with you, Stephen? Since her lover came by you have been acting differently,” Taek asked him.
Stephen washed his hands with soap, “I’m the groom. I’m supposed to be jealous over her lover, aren’t I?”
“I think you’re going way too far. I don’t think it’s fake anymore. You seem to be really jealous compare to faking.”
Stephen wiped his hands on paper towels, “I told you I’m good at this.”
“Don’t just get in a fight with the ex. That’s just going way too far,” Taek acknowledged opening up the bathroom door.
“Why would I? It’s only Briana,” Stephen confidently defended himself.

By the Desserts

“Why are you getting married to him?” Se7en asked Briana out of nowhere.
Exactly when Stephen and Taek came out to hear, “She’s attracted to me more than you,” Stephen answered for Briana.
He came to Briana and wrapped his arms around her.
Se7en laughed, “I find it funny. Briana has dated bartenders, rappers, dancers, club bangers, but not managers. I guess she’s changing her types to add a little fun into her life.”
Stephen tightened up. He let go of Briana to roll up his sleeves.
Taek pulled Stephen, “Stephen, this isn’t the time.”
Briana smirked before saying, “Stephen, annoy Se7en’s words. He’s always like this,” Briana held onto Stephen’s hand, but he pushed her a little back.
“Briana, I can’t let him talk to you like that,” Stephen exclaim.
Stephen pushed Taek away and then got in Se7en’s face, “You’re a guest here not a family member, so keep your comments to yourself. And keep it that way or I’ll hurt you.”
“Then try me. Hit me or can’t you?” Se7en said back.
Before any fight took place Henry, Peter and Taek pulled the men apart. Briana held onto Stephen’s hand and pulled him inside followed by Taek.
Peter whispered, “Great work. I believe that’s enough. Come by the club down at 99E to get your money,” before he followed Henry into the building.

The Altar

“Mr. Lao and Mrs. Lao, I pronounced you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” the priest says.
Stephen turned toward Briana, she did the same thing, but she slowly looked down from the altar toward Peter. She needed help. Peter gave a waving motion to her. Briana turned back to look into Stephen’s eyes. Stephen came closer, while Briana leaned back to where she bumped into Katherine.
“Briana, are you okay?” Katherine whispered.
“Stephen!!! You can’t do this to me!” Stephen’s ex entered the building as she proceeded down the aisle toward the altar.
“Brendy?” Stephen whispered.
Taek smiled at the priest and then walked down the aisle toward Brendy. The guests and the families stood up to see the situation. While this took place, Peter walked up to the altar.
“Everyone I would love to make an announcement,” Peter said.
Briana walked over to Peter’s side away from Stephen.
“I believe this marriage is over. Stephen is rushing things too soon, so here I am. I’m taking my sister with me until he figures everything out with his girl.”
Briana walked down the altar with Peter holding onto the tail of her wedding dress. Stephen looked out the far window for a second before running down after Briana. He blocked her path, while Peter yawned from behind.
“Briana, you can’t go anywhere. I’m your husband. You’re my wife.”
Briana smirked, “Not your wife. I’m only the person you want to used to get revenge…I know what your plan is.”
Stephen stepped back, “Briana, what are you saying?”
“Is it true, brother?” Katherine asked Stephen.
Stephen looked away from the crowd of people to meet Taek’s eyes. Taek nodded his head up and down to tell him to reveal the plan.
After awhile in silence, Stephen turned toward the people, “Everyone, I’m sorry for the misunderstanding and the problem we have right now. It seems like my wife doesn’t want to married me,” He glance over at Briana, “She did it for revenge on me. You see I didn’t let her brother date my sister, so she’s getting revenge by marrying me and taking it out on me.”
Briana looked at Peter, Peter nodded his head.
She cleared her throat, “Yes that was exactly the plan. So now that all you know there’s no point in being his wife. This wedding is off. Enjoy all the food that’s provided here. It’s free.”
Briana walked down toward Brendy and gave the ring to Brendy.
She took one good look at Stephen, “I’m sorry husband your plan fail to succeed. I guess you didn’t plan it well enough. Find another way to get revenge…but don’t waste too much time on it, because what Katherine hid from you might spoil your plan. Thank you everyone to come see this act.”
Briana walked down the aisle with Peter after her. Stephen looked at Katherine to find her gone. Then, he looked at Taek who had already settled himself down on the steps. The guest gossip while they proceeded out the building. The two families talked for awhile.

Stephen’s Car

“Why are you here at my wedding? We’re not together anymore,” Stephen madly asked.
Brendy started crying, “Stephen, we love each other truly and then one day you dump me out of nowhere. Is it all because of your plan of revenge?”
Stephen sat in silence for awhile until he reply, “It was not a plan…I might be in love with her.”

Family Lao House

“Brother Stephen, please let Peter go…it’s the past this is the present,” Katherine pleaded to Stephen after hearing about Stephen’s plan.
“Why, Katherine? Is there something you would like to tell me?” Stephen asked.
Katherine sat in silence for awhile and then she spoke up, “The baby’s father isn’t Peter. I was going to lose him so I lied to you…the baby’s father is…Taek, but I only saw him as a brother.”
Stephen stood up and looked away, “I did so many bad things to Peter and Briana…They didn’t deserve all this.”

The Hotel Room

Briana slides the card in place to open up the door to the hotel room. She got inside and closed the door. Briana walked a little inside.
“Hello? Anybody in here?” she asked before going into the bedroom to get her bags and her accessories, but to her amazement everything was gone. Nothing was there. Then, she heard footsteps. Briana hurried into the closet to hid herself and then she remembered she left her high heels out by the door, so she got back out.
“I thought you would come for your things,” Stephen said when she entered the hallway to find Taek with Katherine.
“Where are they? Where are my things?” Briana asked.
Stephen pushed her into the bedroom and locked the doors.
“What do you want?! Revenge time is over. It won’t work,” Briana said.
Stephen smiled, “If you want your things, marry me. If you don’t then I’ll keep them.”
Briana smiled, “Marry you or lose them? Um…hard one, I guess I’ll lose them better then marrying someone cold hearted like you. I don’t have time to waste.”
Stephen kept on locking eyes with her, but Briana looked away. He lean forward and kiss her on the cheek, she lightly turn away and slide away from him.
“Keep it if you want it so much,” Briana mumbled as she walked out on him.

Stephen’s Room

Stephen lay down on his bed staring at Briana’s luggage by the door to his room. He hasn’t opened them yet, so he got out of bed to investigate. The first luggage was full of her clothes. The second one was full with her clothes. The third is full of shoes. The last one was full of accessories with her diary. It was however locked with a locket. Stephen dug through everything with no luck of the key.

Briana’s Room

“Please get me book for Monday…at noon is fine…yes, Briana Moua…yes…Thank you,” she hung up after making the appointment at the salon and spa. Then, she saw the key to her diary on the counter of her dresser, “Shoot!”

Hong’s Family Party

“Come on, Peter sing a song for me,” Birthday girl pleaded.
“Come on. It would mean a lot to her,” Briana pleaded.
Peter looked awhile to see Stephen in the distance arriving.
“What do you say, Peter, yes or no?” Briana asked.
Peter met their glaze, “Okay I will, but only once.”
Peter stood on the patio and sang to the birthday girl, standing next to him. Briana slowly walked down the aisle to an open table. She wandered around the party with her eyes then her eyes landed on G-dragon’s appearance. He left behind the girls he was with and head toward her. Briana stood up waiting patiently. The next thing she knew Stephen came into her view.
“Hello there, Briana. Um…how are you?” Stephen asked.
“Great after I separated myself from you,” Briana said.
G-dragon stepped around Stephen to embrace Briana, “Hey beautiful, you have grown a lot. How’s your marriage?”
He turned around to see Stephen, “Hello, Stephen. How’s life?”
Stephen nodded his head and kept on looking at Briana. Peter pushed Stephen aside to shake G-dragon’s hand.
“How have you been?” Peter asked him.
Before G-dragon could answer, Stephen stepped in, “I apologize for misunderstanding about you, Peter.”
Peter turned around, “What are you saying?”
Stephen took a deep breath, “Katherine told me the truth. I’m sorry for doing everything I did to hurt you. I’m deeply sorry for my actions.”
Peter got in Stephen’s face, “It’s all because of you and your sister that led to my present life.”
Stephen apologized, which led to the punch across Stephen’s face. Briana pulled her brother away and was about to pulled Stephen upright, but Peter pulled her away. Instead he held his right hand out for Stephen. Stephen looked up at his face and then held onto Peter’s hand. He pulled himself upright.
Peter patted Stephen’s shoulders, “I accept your apology. You’re tough.”
Stephen didn’t smile, “I’m not tough enough to apologize to your lil sister.”
Peter looked back at Briana who was in the arms of G-dragon, “Dude, she’s married. You want to die?”
G-dragon let her go, “You’re married to who Briana?”
Briana looked at G-dragon, “Handsome, marry me will you?”
G-dragon cracked up, “Funny. You’re funny.”
Briana walked off without saying a thing. Peter motioned Stephen to follow her, so he did.

The Balcony

“I forgive you, Stephen. I never hated you because you’re a caring brother. My brother would do exactly the same thing you did,” Briana said.
Stephen approached her, inches away from each other. Briana breathed heavily. He pushed aside her bangs and then he ran his fingers down her hair. Briana slowly pushed him away. Stephen touched her hands.
“Stephen, we should just be friends nothing more.”
“Briana, you do forgive me, don’t you? I know how you feel at the beginning of our relationship…Can’t we start over and begin from where we left off before the marriage?”
Briana looked into his eyes, “Stephen, I know we’re different now. We can’t start over because we both know we can’t.”
Briana pushed Stephen away, “Only friends.”
Stephen nodded his head and Briana kissed his cheeks before leaving him, “Only friends.”
Briana waved at everyone she saw when she went back to the party. Stephen stood there looking up into the night sky.
“Only friends, but I’ll always love you,” he whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is it. Please feel free to comment and give me feedback. It's pretty simply. This is the end for now. Sorry if it's really hard to read, but I didn't want to separate the story.

hmonggurl10

sarNie Egg
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LOVES YOU?

Okay, here's this one. It's pretty long though. Hope you enjoy. I'll do it in two replies. Thanks for stopping by. Feedback are great! The songs are from real bands, mostly Hmong songs/bands. I'll make a list of the songs with links later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 1: The Minute I Closed My Eyes

As I stand in-line waiting patiently for the long line to decease, I see crowds of people inside the ballroom. I looked to my right to find posters of Bachelor #2: Jonathan Khang a.k.a. Steamer. I laughed at the mention of his nickname. It came from his first appearance in 2007 at age 16 where he sweated like a steamer. How cute and gross at the same time.
“I can’t wait to get inside. Could it go any faster? I’m getting tired of waiting out here in this breezy weather,” declared a woman.
“Cathy, stay calm. Sooner or later we’ll get inside,” said her friend.
I turned around to examine the two friends. Their conversation came to a halt as they noticed my appearance.
“Sorry to holler in your ears,” apologized the woman.
“It’s fine. I extremely agree with you. It’s taking way too long.”
“Are you a big fan of his?” asked the same woman.
“I’m not sure. I had nothing to do, so I decided to come here.”
“That’s nice. I’m Katie and this is Cathy. What’s your name?” asked Katie.
“I’m Stacey. It’s nice meeting you guys.”
We talked and walked toward the door entrance. They got more aroused as we got near. I became nervous when I got to the entrance; I could see sparks of light from within. I can’t believe my eyes, there was a lot of people. I handed my ticket to the woman, before I left I heard her articulate, “Enjoy.” Instead of smiling, I found myself speechless when Jonathan came toward the entrance. And guess what? I’m standing on the path. What should I do? Should I move over and let him get by? Or should I stay here and find myself hypnotize? What happens if he asks me? What if he pushes me away? What if he asks me to sing one of his songs? What if I fall down? Would he catch me?
God I can’t even think right. Get over it, he’s not properly dressed and he’s not hott.
He walked toward me. I can see his peach skin. I swear to God he looks like my fantasy image of Edward Cullen with his dark, short hair in flames and a bright, white sunglass on to block his eyes, he looked like a Prince. Soon enough his smile expanded showing his perfectly straight, white teeth.
He was inches away from me. I see hands from women in-line waving toward him. Still it didn’t catch my full attention because I was taking in the smell of his cologne. A little later, he was burning just standing there with me. He placed his right hand on his sunglass and pulled it off to show his eyes. The color of dark brown, not like the color of mud, but more of a hazelnut color.
“Hello Miss,” articulated Jonathan in a sexy, strong, seductive tone, “Are you okay?”
That minute I closed my eyes. This can’t be happening to someone like me. This can’t. I’m a regular teenage girl who’s a fan of his. I reckon a fan, now.

Chapter 2: His Voice Got Me Hypnotize

Please leave me alone. I’m okay, just go and leave me. No matter what I could hear his voice proceeding with questions. I want to die or disappear.
“Excuse Miss, are you okay? I’m starting to worry,” declared Jonathan.
I better face reality before I find myself in jail. I slowly opened my eyes. I smiled at him and took another sniff of his cologne.
“How long was I gone?” I asked him just to make sure he’s not misunderstanding anything.
He looked down at his watch. I knew he was faking.
“About five minutes,” he placed his hands to his sides after putting back on his sunglass, “I’ll see you later?”
“Yes,” I replied.
He walked right pass. When I thought he was gone, I took another sniff of his strong cologne.
“You smell really good yourself,” he said.
It frightened me because he was beside my ear when he complimented me. I started blushing.
I looked down to find myself within the crowd. Everyone seemed happy. As soon as the beat to More Than Five starts playing, the lights went off.
He stepped onto the stage wearing a bright white tuxedo. As he stood in front of me, I can smell his cologne still. He walked away from the front of the stage making many of the women taking in air. It seemed like they were hypnotized unable to breathe. How strange? He would never make me hypnotize.
When I noticed his next move the spotlight was shining down on me. Standing in front of me, on stage was him. He had a smile and a new pair of black leather sneakers on. They were bright red. I mean his sneakers not the smile. I can hear the beat to Proto-J’s Closer to You.
Suddenly he bends down. The women behind me pushed me toward him. They wanted to touch his hand. I could see the intensity of his forehead and his pink skin.
“Do you mind?” he asked me in a seductive tone that got the crowd cheering.
He laughed. He swung his head around to the other side of the stage and then his glaze came back. It must have been a long time because he started singing.
“This is a cover of Closer to You by Proto-J…If I was to say girl would you run away from me? If I told you I love you…I love you…If I was to go, would you be there no matter, no matter what I do? No matter what I say? If I was to do anything, would you run along with me? If I was to made you mad would you forgive me? Baby, you know that I’m down for you-”
Nevertheless, in the same position he sang straight to me. I reddened.
I’m hypnotized.
The next thing I knew, I was on stage with him, with his right hand holding onto my left hand.
He was smiling and tense at the same time. He looked at the crowd once in a while, but every second he planted his glaze on me. His hand was soft and warm, which lets me know he’s not a vampire. He’s human with a life that I never knew existed. To go along with that is his amazing, breathe-taking singing voice.
I couldn’t feel my legs. His voice made me hypnotized.

Chapter 3: Am I Hearing This Right?

“Thank you all my fans…Let’s take five. You…you guys all know an idol have to take a break…I’ll be right back with Set Me Free by Kiana Lauj,” exhausted as he converse his last words with me in the spotlight.
He yanked me to the backstage as the band played the melody of Just for Love and the fans cheered. Again, I blushed even though my face was back to the crowd. With my light color pale skin anyone can see my emotions.
His hand held mine and pulled me toward his dressing room. I memorized the hallways and the rooms before it comes to an end.

Part 2: The Start of the New Life

Chapter 1: The Return

Today I find myself in an airplane heading back to my hometown, Sacramento. I glazed out through the window to see the unknown land. I can’t believe I have been gone that long, exactly five years. Years ago, I got on this same plane to leave the land of my dreams. Today I’m back re-entering the land where I left it for destruction. Now my past is revealing itself to me once again.
I can hear his voice that created my dreams, evolving around a world that doesn’t exist. The voice that shook my life and my future. The voice that got me mesmerized and in need of someone to love. The voice is still from the same person, living his celebrity life. Nevertheless, he has his world and his fans to help him forget me. No matter what I can’t seem to let him go. I don’t think I CAN.
I slowly proceed down the staircase to find two men in tuxedos approaching. Who are they? This can’t be legitimate since I’m not the President’s daughter, am I?
“Good morning Miss. I’m Kevin and this is Steven. We’re here to pick you up. Sent by Jason Kue,” reported Kevin.
Jason, Jason, Jason, Mr. Insurance Collector and my Friend. His parents passed away leaving behind their well-known restaurant and their insurance in his control, which came to a total of 1.9 million. He took a couple hundred thousand to finish the touches of his parent’s funeral and their coffins. The rest he kept it in the bank.
I feel like a celebrity, more like a prisoner with these two men on either side of me. People looked at us as we proceed through the tunnel. I blush, but I knew no one can clearly see it. My skin is tanner than before. I spent a couple hundred for the tanning session. It took a month to get it the way I prefer. I guess I do look like a celebrity. The reflection of me off of the window makes me look like a celebrity. My hair was layered with touches of brown and red highlights on my natural black hair. Just like a celebrity, wearing my pink blouse with my white jeans and having my white sunglass on matching my hundred dollar purse tossed behind my shoulder.
Made me noticed how much I have changed. I used to live my life buying items under twenty dollars. I used to have my car checked by my brother, but nowadays I find myself throwing everything of my past away. Today I’m wearing items that cost more than hundreds of dollars and giving my car to Volkswagen dealership. Could I go back to being who I was before? Before I left the city, I find my hopes here but now I have a new view on everything. Nothing seems to be the same.
I opened up the window to the black 2007 BMW 328i, taking in the fresh air of the one city that I love.
“Please, could you turn the radio channel to 1043 am?”

“‘That was Brian Thao with his fiancée singing their newest single. Now we have the newest single off of Jonathan’s Revenge album. This song is called Hlub Koj Npaum Txoj Sia or Love You As Much As My Soul.’”

This brought me back to my dreams and the world within his world. The world where he is everywhere. The world where I find myself shadowing his footsteps, knowing every step that he takes. The sensation that made me left him in the first place, but now I have returned to retrace those steps.

Chapter 2: Seeing Him Perform Again

I opened up the door to my childhood, my teenage years, and my future. Everything was where I left it. My brother is always too busy to ever come home. Even though he pays for the house and the bills it seems like it belongs to me. I’m ebullient but not selfish it’s just that I have a place to call my own.
The two men left while I unpack for my first night back.
Hours later, I find myself in the garage with a brand-new sparkling gray Volkswagen Jetta. Time for a ride in town.
The city didn’t really change. However, the top two leading Fashion Brands moved in, M.I.K.E. and Kikl’s. Kikl’s have been around for centuries, but M.I.K.E. Now they’re in the same city within 50 blocks of each other. This is competition, so I might as well enjoy shopping.
Everything was modern and sparkling. They had gowns to regular, casual wear. After hours of digging up clothes, I paid for my bright pink jacket and my white jeans, another pair because I love white jeans. I find myself staring at a small wallet sized poster of him.
“He’s throwing a concert tonight at 10. It’s at the Grand Ballroom. It’s going to be fun,” announced the cashier.
“Are you new to the city?” asked the cashier after a second of silence.
“Yeah, I am…Actually I lived here all my life, but the last five years I went out of state and got back this afternoon.”
“It’ll be fun. He’s planning to give the money to charity which would be used to sponsor kids with brain tumor.”
I guess he’s not the same. Years ago, he didn’t care what others were going through, but today he’s giving his money to charity. At least he still has his fans, popularity, and I can’t release him. No matter where I am he’s always there, spiritually. However, it’ll be nice to see him perform again.

Chapter 3: The Minute I Closed My Eyes

Standing in line was cruel because I got there at 7:20, which was early for me, but I was also the hundredth person in line. The line more than double 20 minutes later. It was warm with a temperature of around seventy degrees. It made it even more ferocious with the crowd bunch together. I decided to call Jason when I didn’t see any familiar faces.
“Jason, you’re so immature. Why did you get me chauffeurs? I told you I want to be alone once again, living my normal life in big Sacramento.”
“If others want to kill me for no reason the same goes with you. Chauffeurs are like guards...only nicer and celebrity-like.”
“Well, thanks though. It was really sweet of you. When are you coming back?”
“Next weekend, do you miss me already? Don’t worry I’ll only think of you. How about you? Thinking of me?”
“That was not the reason, but I miss you too. I’ll only think of you since I love you.”
After my statement he stopped talking, we were silent for a few minutes until I broke it:
“Jason, are you thinking about…the…?”
“Beautiful, I’m really sorry. I understand how you feel, but it’s just a little off of my path. Try to understand, please?”
His voice changed into a more of a dull, lacking spirit tone.
“Jason, he’s my ex not my present boyfriend. You do understand that, don’t you?”
It took him half a minute to come to an answer.
“Yes, I do. It’s not that though. Do you remember that one night where we were under the white tree?”
“Yes? I do,” unsure where this was going.
“You promised me you’ll be there for me when I need you and I promised you that I’ll protect you from the pain especially the pain cause by him. Today, it cross my mind…I don’t have anyone else, only you. You’re the one that I believe I’ll share my life with, but what if--”
This was going too far, way too far and I’m starting to feel guilty. It’s carving my heart thinner and thinner, aching with pain.
“Jason, if it wasn’t for you I won’t be here. I don’t think I’ll be alive living this life I have dreamed of. You’re everything to me and I promise—”
“Shhh, don’t promise me anything…You’re be the last in my life. The last woman that I’ll see when these eyes closed forever.”
“And you’ll be the last man that I’ll see when my eyes closed for eternity.”
We were silent again. It seemed like we were taking in each other’s emotions into consideration.
“You better go and enjoy yourself. I’ll be fine.”
“Could you smile for me? Smile your big, lustrous smile.”
I could see his face in front of me.
“I’m happy now. That just made my day even better.”
“You better go. I’ll talk to you later.”
“Jason?”
“Yes, I’m still listening.”
“Do you happen to find my pills at your place? I can’t find them anywhere.”
“What?! I told you to place it inside your bag. You’re always like that.”
I laughed, “I knew that you’ll act that way.”
As the line moved ahead, people started to get louder.
“Still you’re such a sweetheart.”
“I’ll always be there for you. Enjoy the moment of freedom.”
I hand the booth collector my money for entrance, “Okay, mind as well enjoy this. You have fun, okay?”
“Yes. I’ll talk to you later. Love you.”
“Bye Handsome,” I shut the phone and held onto my ticket.
As I approached the entrance, where I met him the first time, I sense chaos. I knew what could cause such nonsense, he was coming. But why right now when I’m inches away from the entrance? To decrease the chances of revealing myself, I walked a few feet away from his path. He doesn’t know me, he doesn’t know me, but then he stops in front of me still looking ahead.
Go away, you go away! I see him closing his eyes.

This is the first time in five years, retracing this path, entering this very ballroom. The exact one where I met her. The girl who disappeared from me five years ago. The girl who disappeared without a trace, but still is inside of me. I remember how she was the first time I laid eyes on her. How nervous, but cute she was and how wonderful it was to meet her. She’s not like any other women. She was a fan, but not a stalker. She was just normal and natural with dreams that are called childish.
She told me that one of her dreams was to turn me into a prince with no eyes because I’m already her prince, but I have eyes that could see her blush. In order to not see her blush, I would have to have no eyes. She considers herself as Blushing Machine which I personally like that in a woman.
I don’t care if anyone thinks I’m crazy standing here with my eyes closed and smiling because I have a reason. A reason that could only bring me happiness after five years of sorrow.
I open my eyes which it seems like hours and hours more like years and years ago to the time, but I knew it was only seconds. I took a deep breath, put my smile back on my face and walk in through the door. Time for my concert.

What was that about? I don’t know what just happen. Did he really see me or not? I can’t believe that he’s here. And I’m here with him. He hasn’t change much only that now he seems like more of a man, similar to Ken Therapeth. I took a deep breath before entering the ballroom. As I step on the path he have crossed on, I can see the crowd within and I can feel the tension within me. I closed my eyes to remember that moment when I first met him here.

Chapter 4: One Night of Hide-and-Seek

“Good evening, How’s it going, Sacramento!!!”
“Yah! Yah!” the crowd goes wild for me.
That never changes because the fans are always the same ones. I know I’m great, but to her I’m nothing, that’s why she left me. Standing here creates a good feeling, but it’s also where I lost her. I lost her when the concert ended and she went home. At least that’s her excuse. That is where I first sang to her with the song ‘Closer to You’ and the last time I sang that song to anyone. It is also the last time that I pulled out a fan to sing to.
“Okay to get this party pumping, I’ll start out with ‘Txhob Ntsia Kuv’ or Don’t Go by KLS-”
The first time I heard this song it reminded me of our relationship. How I want to be with her as before. I’ll do anything for her, but I won’t cry to let her see my tears. The tears that would shatter her world. Our world if she told me what her next choice was. She’s everything and without her there won’t be any of me. Still today I’m here living because she made me promised that I’ll never let my fans down. As soon as these fans die I’ll do anything I want.
The crowd above my head and the crowd below seem to enjoy themselves. There must be millions or thousands of fans because I can barely see any flesh.
“9 Lub Roob or Nine Mountains by Laib Laus, is dedicated to her and all my fans. No one can replace her, inside of my heart. I would be here no matter how long she’ll be gone. I’ll stay here looking up ahead of my every path to reach you. You’ll be the one that I love and I’ll be the one you come to.”

I was probably standing in the middle of his eyesight. It was close to where I stood the last time I saw him. I was standing a little to the middle taking in his performance as my last memory of him. As I shot pictures mentally I cried. I couldn’t believe that I was actually going to leave him. This image of my prince and my husband. I was going to leave him and find a new world where I’ll fit inside.
I caught a glance of his eyes at me. I think he can see me but he acts as if it didn’t surprise him at all. I look away when I saw the pain he must have gone through. He looked at me when he sang the saddest verse of the song without looking way. That was when I knew that he saw me. As soon as he turns away at the end of the song, I walk through the crowd. My heart starts aching as if it’s being stab by a knife and my body becomes languid.

“Sorry for that I got a little emotional at the end of that. This song wasn’t planned to be sing tonight, but I’ll like to tell her how much I love her. You left me here all alone, so this is dedicated to you,” I look back toward where she was as I start singing the song to only find unfamiliar faces. Where is she? I find myself wondering and pacing on stage, looking for her. She can’t do this to me.
My heart starts aching. She can’t be doing this to me. She just can’t when we were together she showed a lot of emotions toward me and now she just can’t…she has to be…in love with me.
She just has to have the same emotions. We shared a connection and we’ll always be that way.

I took one look at him with my heart aching with a face full of tears. I knew I can’t be here any longer. I exit the building carrying myself limply out to my car.

Chapter 5: An Invitation to Hmong Awards

“… An invitation for you to enjoy all of this year’s entertainment and witness the next newest idol in the community. We all invite you because we see a strong potential that you have been carrying. Hopefully, you will come. Thank you,” I glance down at the date.
“Tonight? Just in time… still I can’t make it,” I throw the invitation on the coffee table before giving it second thoughts. I know that I’m not anyone special that is needed to show up at a place like that. I’m just a normal girl in Sacramento. Even though many girls in Sacramento are having fun and becoming history, I’m not one of them. Maybe if you consider being a friend of Jason’s then sure I’m special. Other than that, I’m…I’m…you get it don’t you? I don’t want to spell it out.

(An Hour Later, back to the coffee table with the invitation)
“Stacey, if I do become popular after this, will you still be here for me? I mean don’t go anywhere. Be my friend.”
“Why would I not be there? You’re fame. If I’m not there with you, who would, I rather be with you?”
“Just promise that you’ll be there when the time comes, okay?”
“I, Stacey, promise to be there when you become famous and I’ll be there to support you.
“Don’t ever break that small promise.”
“I promise.”

Small promise. That isn’t a small promise, now it’s a huge promise that I’m going to break. If I do break it, won’t be a big deal until I find myself getting back with him. Then, that would become a huge problem when he finds out how much I meant to break it. I don’t think I want to go though because I don’t want to meet him and see things that I don’t want to see. Like what? When I was in the crowd he kept looking at me as he sang, so if I go then it would only make him happier not angrier. He would only be happier if I show up and congratulate him on his award, not like I’m going to steal it from him or hurt him more. So I might as well go since I have extremely nothing to do.

At The Hmong Awards
I thought there weren’t that much people, so I didn’t go early. Instead I went 30 minutes before 8 and find myself looking for a parking space. At least the weather is superb for a mile walk in my two-inch heels and my gown. This is fun walking around the block.
What would he think when he sees me? Would he still remember a woman like me in a place like this? A place where it belongs to him and it is not my world. What if he sees me, but I’m not sure if I want to see him since I’m not sure how I am right now.

“Hello, everyone. This is Melinda reporting from Hmong Awards in Sacramento Ballroom on this Sunday night.”
“…everyone is looking for Brain Thao with his fiancée, but they haven’t been found. She’s having a baby soon-”
“Colin Chang from KLS can’t join us tonight because he’s planning to propose to his woman tonight. We’ll have that cover story feature in tomorrow’s paper.”
“A new face to join tonight’s event would be Paj Zaub Khang. She’s Miss Hmong International. She has been carrying that title twice and she’s planning to go to Laos again this summer. She’s a great role model for all the 16 year olds.”

Stacey makes her way up the red carpet on the staircase as cameras flash toward her and away. She looks down at her path with each hand pulling up her gown. Suddenly a reporter pops in front of her when she reached the top.
“Are you Stacey, the woman who competed in Hmong Pageant and won second place in 2006?”
“Um…yeah. I’m Stacey.”
“What makes you come here tonight?”
“I’m here for a friend. To support him”
“Who’s your friend that you speak of?”

“Good evening, grandfather. How are you today?”
Jonathan talks on the phone as he passed the huge crowd on the stage surrounding a woman who seems to be new. He looks straight ahead waving his right hand to thank the actress who made the spotlight stop in his life for once. In one second they were gathering around him.
“I’ll call you back…yeah, you watch me on television…Okay, grandfather. I’ll talk to you soon…Goodbye.”

I hate the spotlight; it seems to never stop in my life. Why can’t everything just become normal and the spotlight stop spinning around me? I don’t want anything to do with this especially when it comes with my message to my fans tonight. I know I’ll disappoint everyone of them, but I need this time to find myself. I need this time to show to her who I am. I don’t want her to live in a life full of rumors, gossips, and lies. I want to make this right for her and me. It might have been for this that she left me in the first place.

Everything was beautiful. I think it took an hour until I got in, through the reporters. All the reporters asked me questions that seem to be the same ones from each reporter. They’ll all asking why I’m there and who I am. One reporter even told me that I’m Jason Kue’s girlfriend while another reporter reported that I’m modeling for Kue Fashion. Those two facts are true, but why would anyone in Sacramento know about my life. My life out of California. That’s surprising. I’m hoping that doesn’t make it out on paper tomorrow morning because I’m not that girl on covers of newspapers and magazines. I don’t want to be that kind of girl either. It’s just really awe.
Oh my god. There he is surrounded by reporters right beside the dessert table. I watch his mouth move as he makes an announcement. This would be the time that I walk up to him and tell him that I’m happy about his life. I motion toward him as he seems to not see me. He’s looking at each one of them with a smile on.
“Sorry, last night wasn’t my best performance for my fans, but still it meant a lot. I believe that my fans would forgive me.”
“Jonathan, you dedicated a song to a girl in the crowd yesterday at your concert. Is it someone you love?”
Please don’t comment on that. Please don’t name me.
“To tell the truth, yes she is someone that I love and I’ll always love. That song came into my mind when I saw her.”
“Can you let your fans know who she is? It would mean a lot.”
You can’t tell them. If you do it would make your dreams disappear. You can’t tell. Jonathan, please don’t tell.

I have been waiting for this question five years and finally it’s here. I have always wanted a reporter to ask me this question and I’ll tell it to everyone who I love. That she’ll only be the one that I’ll always love and always would lived with. Then, I smile and look away for just a second to see her face. The face that I have always been dreaming of just a walk away. She’ll be glad if I told them about us. She’ll be so happy.
I look back to the reporter to answer the question, and then I caught her motioning away. I can’t let her go. I just can’t especially not the second time. So I excuse myself from the reporters and ran after her. I caught up to her by the hallway.
“Stacey,” I grab her right hand.

I couldn’t say anything to him inches away because I knew the spotlight was on us with cameras and reporters surrounding us. I can hear Destiny’s song ‘Xa Ya Nrog Koj’ or Fly with Me played.
“Where have you been all these years?” Jonathan asked.

Please speak and answer my question. I need to know this. You look beautiful in that gown and with those highlights. I thought you didn’t like highlights or was it just then. Please speak to me. Are you afraid of the spotlight or just not wanting to talk to me and answer my question?
“Jonathan, have you met Stacey? She’s a model for Kue Fashion and she’s Jason Kue’s girlfriend,” reported a reporter.
No, no. I’m not Jason’s girlfriend at least I don’t want you to tell him. He can’t know this. Please go away.
She left me five years ago and now she models for Kue Fashion and she’s also Jason’s girlfriend. That came out of a reporter’s mouth? Is it true, Stacey? Is that why you left me?

Chapter 6: On the News

I’m so bored just lying in bed after yesterday. I’m sore a little from yesterday too. Maybe it was from the long interviews and the hot weather inside. I just don’t feel like getting out of bed. As I change the channels on the television I see a picture of Stacey.

“-She’s a resident in Sacramento for more than ten years of her life. She returns just a few days ago. She wants to come back before her big move-in with her fiancée, Jason Kue whom is at least in his twenties who owns Kue Fashion which she models for.”

Those news reporters are liars. Who told them that I’m planning to marry him? Who? Now I’m back for just a few days and now this is going around about me. I hate it. I hate and hate.

“-Jonathan Khang finally shows up yesterday. He decides to show up just this first time, but he’s already making things big. This morning you’ll find yourself face-to-face with a story about his first time back…Yesterday wasn’t such a good day for him because he fired his assistant on the spot…another comeback story is about his relationship with Stacey Thao-”

A relationship with Stacey, uh? I can’t wait to read what it says.
“Mr. Bachelor, look at this on the cover of the Hmong Times,” says Ying as he throws the paper toward Jonathan’s bed.
“What’s this? Um…oh, the cover story how awesome?”
“Awesome? You can say awesome. Read it.”
“Mr. Bachelor known as Steamer-…Met Stacey years ago at a night club where she works at –A night club? Why a night club?”
“It gets better than that.”
“She throws him their engagement ring and disappears into thin air. After that no one has seem her since. Until the night she came back and needed him’ needed me? How-”
“They also wrote that she slept with you the night that she came back,” Ying offers as he walks out.
“What?! How did they think of that? I can’t even think that could even happen.”

“Aargh! Sleeping with him, him out of all the people.”
I hate those reporters. They can’t get anything right about a new cover story about celebrities. Can’t believe people are writing this crap and others are reading them. I guess it is kind of nice coming back and making history, but not this way. Especially, not this way. Anything works, but the sleeping with him part, isn’t working. Who do they think they are? Some kind of God who can predict anything. I’m going to find this person and kill him till he dies.
“Argh! I’m so mad!”
(Rings, rings)
“-Nothing about it, is true? Please tell me. I don’t want to be-”
“Brother, don’t worry it’s only a lie. Why would I anyway? You know how I feel. I won’t do such a thing.”
“Okay, I’m sorry. Didn’t think coming back would be so tough on you.”

(Rings, rings)
Now the door. Who might it be? Stacey questions herself. She opened up the door to see two guards. I guess Jason might have heard about it.
“Miss Thao, Jason sent us here to look after you.”
“About the news, right?”
“Yeah, we’ll really sorry about the whole thing.”
“I’m just not used to it yet…It’s going to be over soon.”
“Sorry to destroy your hopes, but…it’ll just develop more and more on the storyline.”

Chapter 7: What am I getting into?

I’m shopping in MIKE Fashion digging through gowns after gowns. Then, a sales woman came up to me and gives me a paper.
“Hello, Stacey. I heard about your incident at Steamer’s house.”
“What? What are you saying?” She doesn’t look familiar.
Then, I remember she was the dancer for his concert. She was the girl who told me that he won’t have a thing with me. That I’m just a regular woman that he won’t fall in love with. She was the mean woman who purposely steps on my ankle which put me into the hospital, one week. She was the reason that I decided to go away from here. As soon as I’m back she’s shown up with jealousy.
“Oh, hello…Thanks for reading the cover story. That makes me really glad that public is reading it too. It’s not just me.”
She got really mad since I wasn’t embarrassed about the issue.
“Are you a fan of mine? Thank you. I haven’t met a fan, yet.”
She straightens herself up and walks away from me. Instead of staying behind and forget the whole situation I decide to follow her. She went through the back room and into another smaller more office-like room. Inside sitting on the chair was him. He was wearing clothes that are more business-like than celebrity-like. He was handsome.
“Good morning, Jonathan. I’m sorry to bother you, but I heard that Stacey and you were together when she came back, is it right?”
“Mackenzie, Mackenzie. Those are just rumors. Don’t you think I’ll tell it to you before anyone else knows about it?”
“Yes, I’m sorry. I think was just going a little out of hand.”
Oh, so this is a really strong relationship between the two of them. They share a strong trusting foundation, but what’s behind them. He didn’t care about her when we were together. She meant nothing to him when we were together.

I was getting back to my paperwork when I saw her behind Mackenzie, Stacey.
“Mackenzie, are we still looking for an assistant for me?”
“Yes, Jonathan. Do you have someone in mind?”
“Yes, I do. She just came back and maybe she still doesn’t have a job so I’ll like to give her a hand.”
“…who would that be, Jonathan?”
“That woman is Stacey Thao. I think she’ll be fine with it.”
Mackenzie looked at me and then saw the reflection of the person by the door, so she followed my glaze. Stacey looked up at me and move toward the room. I saw her carrying a few gowns that my brother came up with. One of the gowns was known as BellaKlan. It consists of a strapless top that were 15-inches long from the top of the armpits to the waist. Then, the bottom was a skirt maybe ranging from 25-inches long which would reveal the legs. The gown was known as BellaKlan because it reminds me of the night that I took Stacey to the Khang reunion. She had on the same shades of the gown.
“What’s up with me being your assistant?” She asks me.
“Well, you’re a friend so you might need the extra help.”
“Um…Stacey, Jonathan is right. You don’t have a job, yet.”
“But I don’t need his help. I’m a woman and I can find my own job. I don’t need your help with anything.”
Because you have your boyfriend is that right? Your fiancée and you model for Kue Fashion.
“You don’t need my help or you think you can’t do the job? I mean it’s really hard looking after me and managing my plans.”
She changed her expression instantly. Then, I knew she would accept it because she has on an expression that tells me she’s going to do it for me and prove me wrong.
“How hard could it be? I think it won’t be that tough, since it’s just you. I only need to improve a few things.”
“Well, that sounds like a yes. You’re starting tomorrow, be here at six sharp and we’ll start working.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry if it gets confusing. I'll upload the rest later because it's taking long to get the right font color.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
this story is good. So sad that they departed each other, at least encountered each other once again...can't wait to read more of it
some of those songs sound familiar, but i can't remember how some of them go.

hmonggurl10

sarNie Egg
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO STILL LOVES YOU? (CONTINUE)

PART 3: THE NEW LIFE
Chapter 1: The First Day at Work
“Jason, can you call me back later tonight because I have to work…yeah, I just got here…okay, I’ll see you later than…bye, love you.”
I’m early. I still have two minutes to spare. It won’t be that tough since it’s just working with him organizing his things and his plans. That won’t be too hard.
“Stacey! You’re late!” yelled Mackenzie as I walk up the stairs of MIKE Fashion.
“I’m not late. And who are you, my boss?” I walk pass her on the staircase and go inside. I think she didn’t follow me because she wasn’t inside yelling at me. I went through the hallway to the back room where he would be found. But no I didn’t encounter him anywhere.
“Sorry, if you’re looking for Mr. Khang, he’s not here yet. I believe he’s at his house still getting ready for the big day,” says a woman from behind the counter.
“Um…I’m Stacey Thao. I want to…actually I’m his assistant.”
“Oh, you’re Stacey. Yesterday he told me that if you get here this morning, he wants you to stop by his house and go from there.”
“Um…I don’t know his address, do you happen to know?”
My first day at work, I’m already going over to his place. That should be fun, real fun
The place was huge. I parked my car in the cul-de-sac and go out. It seems like no one is home. It’s scaring me, it’s so quiet. I kept looking back at my car just in case a monster munches it up without me knowing. I enter through the door because it was open wide and a maidservant came into view.
“Um…I’m here to see Jonathan Khang. I’m Stacey Thao.”
“Go on ahead. He’s in his room making a call.”
At least it’s not a haunted house because I’m not the only one alive in this place. I’m walking down the hall as I take in the images of the house and the pictures on the walls. I enter a room that seems to be his room because the room was decorated with posters of him and concert posters. I had my hand holding on to a picture frame of him and another woman. The face wasn’t familiar.
“That’s Catherine Khang, my cousin who is planning to become a singer.”
I dropped the picture frame. The next thing I knew I was picking up the glasses.
“Stacey, Stacey. It’s only your first day at work. How many things would you break before you finish today?”
“I’m really sorry. It’s just that you scare me to death.”
“Okay, let’s get back to work. Come sit down on the couch…Today I have a meeting at 10 with Aaron Yang. Then, at 11 I have lunch with you. At 1:20 Michael Moua wants to see me about his new film,” he sat down on the couch.
“It seems like you don’t need me. You got everything under control.”

Stacey, why is it so hard for you to get that this is my plan to get close to you. This is the only reason I could get to know who you are. If this doesn’t come up, you won’t meet me or see me. You’ll always be hiding from me. Still I want to see you and give you a new life. I was going to give you another chance without the spotlight, but since you came to me, I’m going to give you a space in my life.
“Your job isn’t to do that…your job is to make sure I get there on time and make sure I have enough time to do other things.”
“It won’t be hard on you because you’ve been managing it all this time. I’m gone for five years and now look at you, you’ll still the same.”
“So tell me, is that why you left me because you thought I could manage everything on my own?”
“Um…um…we should start…Do you have the notebook for your plans? It would be helpful.”
“I’m not going to move on if you don’t tell me why you left me in the first place. Why did you leave me in the first place?”

I can’t tell you why I left. You don’t deserve to know about me.
“Um…I’m ready to work, Jonathan. Please, let’s forget this whole thing.”
“Is it because of Jason Kue? You left me for him. You guys love each other, so that’s why you left.”
“Yes, maybe that’s exactly why I left you. Now you know we should start with the plans and the layouts.”
The next thing I knew he grabbed my hand.
“Jonathan, it hurts. Could you let go of my hand, please?”
Now he’s annoying me completely. Instead of answering my question and complaint, he took me out into the hall and led me in to another hall. We encounter his maidservant who looked bemused.
“Excuse us…Maid, could you please get my things on my desk and put them into my car?” Jonathan told the maid when we passed by her.
He came to a stop in the middle of a room that seems to be guest room, but there were girl stuffs on the drawers and dressers. He let go of my hand to shut the door behind us. What is this? Some kind of prison or a room for his wife. He walks out to the balcony and glazed outside. There was a view of a huge, blue lake.
I look around. I looked at the stuffs from the make-ups to the closet of outfits. It seems like the things were dusty, like no one had been here for a very long time. They seem like they haven’t been touch because most of the things weren’t open from the original coverings. What caught my eyes where the brands. They were all my favorites.
Is he going to stay out there all day? Then, I saw a compact disc labeled For Our Souls. The first song was called For My Wife sang by him. So is he married within the past five years?
“The life you see here is what I had planned for us. I had us living here with my family living our separate lives until you graduated from school. It took me a year to finally finish this product and get all the things that you liked…it took me months to compose the songs in that compact disc just for you. I believed that we could share the same life as one soul.”

You couldn’t understand how much pain and work I had to go through to get this finish in time on the day of your birth. I thought it would be a present for you from me, of you promising to marry me, but only to find disappointment. No one knew where you were and your brother was nowhere to be found. I thought you were kidnap, but then my friend told me a month later you were in another state. I spent one week looking for you in Charleston, North Carolina. After that I found you in magazines in Hmong Today as a model, but no one could tell me where you were. At least I thought they were telling the truth.
All these years, it has been tough on me, but she doesn’t seem to know. My fans definitely know that I have changed. All my songs were covers of losing her and expressing myself to her. She won’t know that because she wasn’t here.

(Rings, rings)
“Hello, this is Stacey….okay; we’re still at his house…okay, bye.”
“Jonathan, we should really go. Aaron Yang is waiting for you at the office.”
Jonathan came back into the room and walked passed Stacey. Stacey can still hear the song, My Wife or Kuv Me Koj Niam. They got outside and rode in separate cars heading to his office.

“…‘Good afternoon, Sacramento. I’m Jonathan Khang at the Hmong Awards of 2009. I really have no plans yet, but I’m planning to change my path a little. I’m trying not to disappoint my fans, though. I believe that my next path would make it more interesting for me and my fans.’ That was Jonathan at the Hmong Awards a few nights ago. He’s planning to become an actor, too. The plan is to go to Thailand and be film if he doesn’t reject it-”

“Aaron Yang is in your office, Jonathan,” said Mackenzie.
Jonathan nodded his head and walked pass her without stopping. Jonathan can hear his version of KLS’s Last Time or Zaum Kawg playing.
“-baby, yog hnub no yog hnun kawg rau web txoj kev hlub. Koj puas tseem yuav muaj kuv nyob hauv koj lub siab thiab nco txog kuv, babe. Los yog txoj kev hlub nws zoo li txoj kev npau suav es nws yuav ploj mus zuj zus.”

I went pass Mackenzie to catch up with him. Suddenly he starts singing the song. I love this song when it debuted, but not now, especially, his version of the song. I have a feeling that this is for me, maybe not. It might have been for his ex-soon-to-be-wife.

I want her to know how I feel. She’s everything to me and she’ll always be there in my heart no matter what happens.
“Good morning, Aaron Yang. How’s it going?” I asked him as I shook his hand and went to my seat.
“Good morning, I’m fine, you? Did I bother you?”
“I’m great, couldn’t been better. Don’t worry. I’m not busy this morning. Don’t worry.”
I furtively glance at her standing by the door. It bothers me. If I dismiss her, she’ll call Jason and I hate that.
“Grab a seat on the couch there, Stacey.”
She nods her head procees to the couch where she crossed her leg looking through the Hmong Times magazines.

I couldn’t understand what they were talking about. I’m daydreaming and looking through the magazines. Suddenly Aaron Yang says his good-byes and left the room. I sat the magazine back on the table.
“Stacey, it’s time for our lunch. Where do you want to go?”
“Um…you go. I’ll stay, I have my own lunch.”
“Then let’s share. I didn’t bring any, but we can eat yours.”
(knocks, knocks)
“Jonathan, I’m ready for lunch. Are you done?” asked Mackenzie.
Slut, you’re trying so hard to throw yourself at him, but to tell you he’s not interest.
“I’m really sorry, I made plans with Stacey. You want to join us?” asked Jonathan as he stood up grabbing his keys.
Mackenzie frown at me, “Is it okay with you if I join on your lunch?”
“Yeah, it’s fine. I wasn’t planning to go, but if you guys want to go, go ahead. I won’t want to bother you twosomes,” I answered.
I look over at him and saw madness. Then, Mackenzie smiles at him to show that she’ll go the two of them.
“Mackenzie, go ahead and get lunch. I’ll just grab something from the vending machine,” he sat down setting his keys on the desk.
Mackenzie left without a word, which didn’t surprise me. Why did he decide to stay behind when he could have gone and had fun? I look at him to see him look straight through me.

Chapter 2: Jason Kue’s Settlement in Sacramento

“Open house in Florida is done. I’m back home in lovely Sacramento…come on, this is fun…okay, I get it…let’s see, I haven’t been back that long and now you’re already trying to make me work…”
What would Jason think if he sees him? I know there would be a fight because Jason wouldn’t like the way he treats me. Please, help me. Let them become the best of friends. Jason is a good person and a best friend while he’s also my best friend even though he doesn’t seem like it right now. Who cares? Jason and he won’t get jealous of each other because he doesn’t love me and Jason knows he’s my best friend.

“Why are you at the airport? We need you now…I’m your boss. You better get back to my office.”
Gosh, the first week and now she’s out in the public braying about her fiancée. What does he have that a normal guy doesn’t have? Why doesn’t she date a man known as Billy Bob who drives a Ford Mustang? Instead she goes out with this man whom is known to the public as Mr. Insurance Collector. A jerk that couldn’t have made it without the help of his parent’s insurance. If he didn’t have those he’ll be this normal guy working for me.

Jason cares way too much about me. I don’t know which path I should take because he’s a dream come true prince charming.
“Jason, the first day back and you’re all worked out like you’ve been here all along. Calm down, I’ll be fine and he will understand.”
At least that was a lie because awhile ago he was crazy.

Jason held onto Stacey’s hands in front of them. He looked into her dazzling eyes, “Thanks for being here for me. I couldn’t tell you enough…you’re the one that would bring me up from the dead. I’ll always love you.”
Jason pulled her into his chest for a warm embrace. An embrace both knowingly know they got each other when in need. Stacey kissed him on his cheek.

You might be thinking that I’m a slut because it seems like I’m only hurting him more. Listen, I don’t want to hurt him more than what he’s going through. Who knows I might be in love with him. To clarify, I’m not a slut and I will not be one.

“Today, I have to meet with Mr. Xiong at 6:30 about my new role in his upcoming movie Rich Man,” I told her as she digs up the necessary background profiles, “I wonder who would get the role as the main woman. Um…it’ll be wonderful if it is Chealsie Vue or her stepsister, Michelle. How about Mykia Lao? Damn, she’s so fine especially her new appearance after breaking up with Shawn Vang.”
She kept on digging through the profiles. Is she death? Does she have any feelings, more specifically jealousy? This isn’t working is it?

I want to tell him that I’m still in love with him. Please, don’t say those things to me. It hurts really bad. I want to be the one you still think of. For now, I’ll struggle as if I don’t love you because we truly don’t know each other.
“Are you done or wasting my valuable time?”
“Don’t think you have valuable time. Some human beings like us do, too. We’re not like you, we don’t force others into thinking about our time,” speaking up for myself.
The next thing I knew he held onto my right hand and had on an expression that I have never seen before.
“I didn’t know you had any valuable time. I’m sorry. Let me guess is that valuable time spent with what’s his name…that man who takes his parent’s insurance for his own good.”
The next thing I knew I had already slapped him. His expression still didn’t change, but his eyes were blazing with fire. I’m sorry, but I can’t take it when you include Jason into our issues.

“Is this how every fiancée acts when someone makes fun of their partner? That was a strong slap and it seemed so real, but you’re still missing one thing here,” It hurts to be slapped by her.
Please, don’t look at me like you don’t know. You have to know or at least heard about it if you were in the city.
Don’t look innocent, Stacey…Please don’t let me hanging here alone on this edge of fear.

Chapter 3: Rejection in Front of Mr. Xiong

“Hurry get in the car. I don’t have time to wait,” Jonathan commanded.
“That won’t be necessary. I’ll take her home myself,” approach Jason.
“Hello, Jason.-”
“Sorry, but she’s still working. Tonight she’ll be going home a little later than usual. You’ll have to wait.”
Why does he have to be so mean and immature to Jason?
“Come on, I don’t have any more patience.”
“Hey! You better watch wh-” Jason yelled.
“Jason, please…Go home I’ll see you later tonight, okay?”
Instead of getting into the car, he came up to us and pulled me away from Jason with force. Then, Jason pushed him away from me. The next thing I knew he had already punched Jason on the face. I stood between them when Jason was fully conscious of the punch.
“Jason, go home. I’ll see you later, okay? Please for me.”
“Okay take care of yourself. I’ll be waiting,” Jason took one long look at him and then drove off in his car.
I open up the back seat door of his Lexus, but he told me he didn’t want me to ride with him. How immature? Who cares I can drive my own car. Who needs him? Definitely not me.

“Thank you for coming. It means a lot,” said Mr. Xiong, “I hope I’ll see you guys later in my next project.”
The audition finally ended, but they haven’t found a true beautiful woman to play the role as Rich Man’s girl.
“Those were the last group of women.”

He could have waited for me. But no he walked as if he’s already late. What happened back there with him? Jason should have been the one punching him not the other way around.

“Who did you find for the woman’s role?” I asked Mr. Xiong.
“I’m deeply sorry. We couldn’t find anyone who fits with the character,” Mr. Xiong answered.
He was depressed, but the next thing I saw was a grin and he stood up. He was looking at someone behind me. Who’s this beautiful that could make Mr. Xiong grin?

“Me, as Rich Man’s woman?”
I can’t. Rich man is him. I can’t do it.
“You personally match my character in the movie.”
“She’s my personal assistant.”
“It can work, though. Just say yes.”
I’m nothing more than your assistant, eh.
“I’ll love to.”
Here he comes with his meanness, beastie attitude.
“She can’t. I have a woman friend that I personally know would love to do it. Stacey is not the acting-type. She has never acted in her life and she blushes a lot.”
“Give me one shot; if I fail I’ll stop.”
He would have said yes if this other woman didn’t show up. She has been on three films that were well-known. With the help from Rich Man she got the part.

hmonggurl10

sarNie Egg
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LOVES YOU? (CONTINUE)

Chapter 4: Jealousy

“Rich Man, could you please wrap your arms around her waist for the last scene?”
Rich Man did as he was told to do with a lot more affection. He obeys the command, while looking straight at Stacey. Stacey knew what he was doing, make her jealous.
“Um…are we done here? I feel…” asked the main woman.
“You smell really good. Don’t you know? What smell of cologne do you used?’ asked Rich Man as he sniffed her scattered hair.
Stacey looked away from the scene as she could feel the sensation of crying.
“One more shot then it’ll be over…wait a little longer.”
Rich Man still had his glaze planted at Stacey, as soon as she turned around and he noticed her face, he slowly let go of the woman.
“Rich Man, what are you doing? We’re not done, yet.”
Rich Man rubbed her shoulders, “She’s getting tense. I think I had enough of this today. Let’s start this tomorrow.”
One of the assistants looked at Stacey and noticed her face, “Are you okay, Miss Thao?”
Suddenly, everyone turned to her and noticed her for the first time that day. Rich Man let his hands dropped down and moved a little away from the main woman.
“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” asked Mr. Xiong.
Stacey smiled, “I’m good, couldn’t have been better.”
But everyone knew something was wrong from the tone of her voice. Rich Man led her back to the parking lot. Stacey put her sunglass back on hoping to dry her watery eyes. As soon as they reach his car he turned to face. They were inches away from each other. Rich Man reached for her sunglass, but didn’t make it when a man’s voice echoed, “I’ll take it from here.”
Rich Man and Stacey looked to find Jason. The next thing, Rich Man had already driven off.

Chapter 5: Becoming a Daily Routine: Jealousy

“You smell wonderful especially with the pink perfume.”
“Um…Rich Man, you do know that I’m engaged, don’t you?”

“What’s this?” I asked her about the engagement ring on her finger.
She pulled her fingers free from mine. Why was she doing this to me? She knows I’m still waiting for her acceptance.
“I’m engaged to Jason. You knew that.”
“How could I have known? From the way you have been acting since you got back? Or from the way you answer my calls when you’re supposedly at home?”
“It’s what you wanted…” she couldn’t even look at me.
“What I wanted? What I want is…to destroy you from my life. That’s exactly what this is heading toward.”
She looked at me in a way I knew that myself couldn’t look at for as long as I lived. A look that would make me destroy myself from the path that I’m residing on.

“Who cares? It’s only an engagement ring. It’s not like you’re giving your soul to him right now and he has the power to control you.”
I wish I could only say this to her and no one else.
“What are you doing?” she slapped me, “I don’t know what your problem is, but I love him. You can’t take that from me.”
She walked to the directors, “I need a break and he does too.”
(Ring, Ring, ring)
She’s looking at her cell and I knew it is Jason.
“Could I go to-?”
“No, we’re busy here. He can wait until the session ends.”
“But it’s really-”
“Important? This is your job. Nothing is much more important than this.”
Can’t she just babysit me and stay a babysitter? A babysitter for me to share the love and care.

Chapter 6: The Talk

“You’re being way too tough on her, don’t you think?” asked Jason.
“I don’t think I’m being too tough on her. Actually she needs to be obeying me more often. And whom are you to address my control of her?” proposed Jonathan.
He opens up the driver’s door to his Lexus and places his red jacket on the seat.
“Her fiancée that’s who. You’re her friend not her boss.”
Jonathan turns back to face Jason, “I, completely have forgotten that you’re her fiancée. Your engagement had taken place a long time ago, um…about a year now and nothing has happen. I guess I completely forgot about that.”
Jason’s hand turns into a fist ready to pound him into pieces.
“Jason, please don’t!” yelled Stacey as she ran toward them.
Jason unclenched his fist, “Stacey, could you get in the car? I have to finish this first.”
Stacey looked up at Jason and then across at Jonathan, “Don’t do anything that I’ll regret.”
Stacey stayed in Jason’s BMW with the windows closed.
“She’s precious, isn’t she?” proposed Jason, “The day I bumped into her she wasn’t this precious. She was broken down little by little like a rosebud without petals.”
“Why do I need to know about this?”
“I can hit you right now, but it would only hurt Stacey. I knew when we came back the pain would only get worse, but she was willing to take a risk…just for you…a risk that would hurt her a lot more than what you might be going through.”
After awhile of silence as the two men glazed at Stacey through their black sunglasses, Jason faced Jonathan.
“I won’t let her go easily, so you better try to win her love because I’m letting her choose. If you don’t try, don’t think that I’m taking advantage of her. A ring doesn’t mean that I have control over who she chooses. She still has a choice.”

PART 4: THE FINAL FAITH TOW

Chapter 1: The New Job

“Come on, I’m Rich Man. You got to be my girl,” pleaded Rich Man who was following the main woman to her car.
“I’m done. I don’t have time to play around with you.”
Rich Man sped to her side and embraced her up against his chest where he felt the warmth between the two bodies.
Stacey got out of her car to see them. She could see his back. Tears start rolling down her cheeks.
“What do you think you’re doing?” approach a tall man.
Rich Man let go of her, she sped to her fiancée’s side, “That’s the man.”
“I got this…So you’re the man who has been taking advantage of my girl?” approached the man.
Rich Man and the man were inches away glazing into each other’s eyes. The next move was made by the fiancée whom punched Jonathan in the face. Instead of staying down he got back up which led to another punch in the jaw.
“Kevin, that’s enough,” pleads the woman as the others approach them.
“I’m not letting my girl work on this film anymore. She deserves respect and held responsible for her life. This man is a worthless person on Earth who digs others’ love life.”
They drove away while Jonathan stayed within the circle of the crowd.
A hand with a wet towel touched his face where it was punched. The other hand pulled his face upward to face her. She gently cleaned his sores while he glazed intensely into her eyes where she never met his eyes.
“There goes my three month of filming and we’re not even half way done,” proposed Mr. Xiong, “I swear to God it would only take two or four weeks before this is done.”
After a minute of silence the assistant suggested, “How about we continue filming with a new woman. I believe Stacey has never act, but she’s good at it. She’s quite emotional which is good.”

Chapter 2: Uncomfortable

“Rich Man, please adjust to this. I know it’s hard for you, but please,” offered Mr. Xiong as he goes back to the others.
Why is it hard for me to hold you? Is it because of the past or the future? I’m still in love with you, but why is it so hard for me.
“Sorry for this,” apologized Rich Man.
He pulls Stacey to his chest and awkwardly embraced her.

“I’ll take away your pain. Just let me be your friend,” offered Jason.
I don’t know if he’s lying or not, but I believe his words he seems like a good guy who won’t take advantage of me.
“I promise I’ll just be a friend nothing more.”
I need comfort. After looking everywhere, I might as well use him as my salvation.
I slowly embraced him. He smells good not extremely smelly kind of perfume, but more of like a good warming, emotional sensation. I won’t let him go as long as I’m still alive.

Why am I thinking of Jason? All this time I have been crying for his warmth and care, but now I’m in need of Jason. Please stop messing with my mind. This is uncomfortable not like what I had imagine when I returned.
“Okay, okay. Stop. Done for today,” yelled Mr. Xiong.
Slowly he lets me go and I knew that I need to recover myself, Jason is my fiancée. Slowly I sped to the counter to get my purse.
“Um…is it okay if I take you to dinner as a present?” he asks me.
I turned around to face him, “Sorry I have plans already.”
“It’s okay with me, go celebrate,” voiced Jason as he walks toward us.
Slowly I walked to Jason’s side, “Sorry, but I can’t tonight. I’m not feeling good…hopefully, it’s okay with you.”
“No, I understand. Thanks for the consideration,” he replied.

Chapter 3: I’m in Love with you

“Okay, I’ll be right back with your order,” said the waitress.
“Thank you,” says Jason.
I love the way he’s so friendly to anyone, especially to his workers. I love his face and the smile on it.
“Are you daydreaming?” Jason asked.
“No, um…I’m fine. So how did the appointments go?”
“Good, I guess nothing new, but really interesting.”
“So have you found a new house for us?”
Why is Jason suddenly so uptight? Is he okay?
“What’s wrong? You were planning it, weren’t you?”
“Stacey…Think this thoroughly. You still have a shot at him. He truly loves you from my point of view. I’m willing to let you choose.”

“I’m pregnant with your baby. I’m really sorry that this had to happen.”
This can’t be happening to me. I’m in love with Stacey not Mackenzie. This has to be a mistake. There’s no way that I slept with her.

“What happened to you last night?” asked Ying, “You were so drunk. I had to come picked you up at the club. Who were you with?”
“I passed out I guess. I was alone. Why do you ask?”

Could it be that I was with Mackenzie that night when I saw Stacey the first time after five years? This can’t be right.
“Are you okay? I’m really sorry. I can abort it, if you want.”
“Um…no, no. I can take care of this…Just let me think for a few days, okay?”
Mackenzie nodded her head, “Yeah”
“I’m sorry,” I whispered, “I’m sorry, Stacey.

“You don’t want me anymore, don’t you?”
Why now Jason? I’m truly in love with you.
“Stacey, it’s not that. I promised him he has the equal opportunity to win your heart. I’m letting you choose. It’s not about who gave you the engagement ring first. It’s about who you love and want to spend your life with.”
“Jason Kue, I, Stacey, truly promise to you that I’m in love with you. I’ll truly love you until the end of my life…Do you trust me?”
“Yes, I do…But it’s not about us, it’s about him. He has to understand-”
I walked over to him and held his hand, “He’ll understand. I love you, Jason.”

Chapter 4: The End of Us

When I got on that plane I knew that I’m in love with him, but I never thought that I’ll change my mind. He’ll make it through without me, I know him. I guess the love I had for him had always been a sister/brother love, nothing more. Jason is the man who would understand and care for me. He knows that today is my birthday. On the other hand, Jonathan doesn’t care about me at all. Well, today has come and I know what I have to do.

Stacey, I’m sorry that this has to end like this. I can’t compete for your love anymore. I can’t believe this is going to come to an end. This truly is going to kill me. The first day I saw you again I had an image that you and I were going to start a family together, but it ends…here on this day, your birthday. You’re turning 23 and I’m turning 26 next month. Five years, I wasted every day thinking about you and our future; the future that would never come. I’m sorry that I have to end this.

“Happy Birthday to you. I wish you the best,” I want to see that smile again. The smile I saw on that tan face when you came to my performance. Here’s a gift, the gift you asked for before you disappeared.“Thank you. What is it?” Should I get you something as a farewell gift? When’s your birthday? Did it passed with me not knowing? “This is lovely, I love it. Where did you get it?”Before you left we went to San Francisco as a trip. You asked for a present, something from my family that would mean a lot to you. Then, I changed your wish to, “I’ll get you a…pearl necklace made from the shells on this exact beach in San Francisco.”“Um…I get one and you get one, too.”
“You shouldn’t have gotten this. I don’t want you to spend money on it. It’s a waste of money.”
Do you even remember what I promised you? Please, tell me you do remember the trip to San Francisco and my promise.

“Thank you, anyway. I’ll keep it close.” Why is he so upset? Like I’m missing something here.
“I’m going to marry Jason. Here’s an invitation for our wedding.”

“Thank you,” this is it. I guess I’ll see you around.
“Bye. I’m busy today. Tell your mother I said hi”
Tell my mother about how you’re marrying someone else other than me. I guess this is it. The end of us.
Am I the only one who still loves you? You never loved me when you came back. I love you anyway. I wish you the best life and thanks for putting up with me.

Stacey played around with the necklace as she walks away from him. He placed his hand into his pants’ pocket, took out the other pair of the necklace. He looks down at his hand where the necklace is. Then, he places it back into his pocket and turn away from Stacey.
Stacey places the necklace on the passenger seat with her purse.
“I’m coming. Wait for me,” She puts her cell phone next to her bag, got her seatbelt on and turn on the ignition.
“ ‘We run out of words we run out of time, we run out of reasons why we’re together, we both know it’s over, bottom line,’”

“Um…I get one and you get one, too.”
“I promise that it would be the last thing that I’ll do for you.”
“Hey! Don’t say that I’m always yours.”
“You promise me?”
“Stacey, promise Jonathan I’ll always love him.”
“I’ll get it for you next year on your birthday.”
“You better.”

Why is he so upset? Am I missing something?
She got out of her Volkswagen and ran back to the spot where they were awhile ago.

“I’m sorry that it has to end like this.”
Jonathan opened up the door for Mackenzie.
“Are you okay?” Mackenzie asked.
Jonathan nodded his head and lightly pushed Mackenzie into the car. He glanced into the distance to see a shadow jogging back to the corner where he and Stacey stood a moment ago.
“Five years without you wasn’t that bad because I didn’t know where you were, but now I know exactly where and who you’re with, which makes it more painful than ever.”
She looked everywhere, “Jonathan!”
Out of breathe she kneeled down. No one was around.
“I’m running away from here as far as I can to overcome the pain that would soon reach me through my skin.”
Jonathan got in the Lexus and started the ignition.
“The song Last Time or Zaum Kawg is dedicated to her. I’m going to miss you and our past together. But always remember that I’ll always be a friend no matter what.”
Mackenzie looked over at Jonathan. He turns on the volume louder and drove off to the voice that he was born to. The voice that enchanted her love once, but not the second time around.
“One time and you’ll be in love with me, but the next time who knows I might be the one still stuck there and you’re having fun with him.”
Stacey saw a wedding invitation on the grass. She slowly opened it up since it had her name on it. It was an invitation to Mackenzie and Jonathan’s wedding.
“Am I the only one who still loves you or you feel the same way, too? I guess I’ll never know. I wish the next life I’ll be yours forever. It was a joy to be a little part of your life. I’ll miss you till the death of me.”
Jonathan wiped away the one tear on his face.
Jason came out of his car to see Stacey kneeling down by the corner of the park.
Mackenzie lightly touches her stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's the end for this. There's another part to this, but I haven't completed writing it, so please be patient. The other story continueing with the same characters is called: Like Mother, Like Daughter. Stay Tune. Hopefully You guys have a great time reading this. thanks. Excuse my grammer and the alignment of the texts.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
This is sooo sad, they can't be together. It is a hard decision because Jason cares and loves her...but I believe that the only she ever loved was Jonathan. I hope they can end up together. I think Mackenzie is not really pregnant.