[Hong Kong] Witness Insecurities (TVB)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am somehow infatuated with Bosco Wong and TVB dramas. But I think they are overly obsess with law enforcement themed dramas. Ghetto Justice I, II, & III, Forsenic Heroes I&II, Infernal Affairs I, II, & III, In the Brink of Laws, Lives of Omission, etc just to name a few. And might I add, they like to make lots of sequels lol

I can understand why Hong Kong music and drama are slowly dying. They can't live off Louis Koo, Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Jackie Cheung, Stephen Chow, etc forever. Well these guys are no longer TVB stars. But I cant recall any popular TVB stars in the last decade that is up to par with these 80s and 90s stars.

With that aside, I am enjoying WI. Not much of a Linda fan here, I don't think she could act or it is because she couldn't portray a girl with a post traumatic stress disorder. It comes off very fake instead of natural. Anyway I am solely watching this for Bosco as you know I am currently obsessing over him atm.

And it is a nice change to watch a TVB modern drama. There is no "raeng" ness lol cutsey ness, and drama less... you know with all those back stabbing bitches lol there is no much of that so I find it relaxing but on a serious note, they need new writers!!!

So far, the plot isnt so bad. I am currently at episode 5. The romance is a little dull and slow but I am fine with it. It doesnt bother me, maybe because I am sort of tired of the girl falling into the guy's arms and they stare lovey dovey for a good 5 sec and then they bicker haha

Mz_Em

sarNie Juvenile
I agree about the last or over a decade now, I have not been watching HK dramas....there's nothing worth mentioning.  Unfortunately they cannot compete with KDramas or Lakorns in Asia plots and beauty of actors/actress.  Just my opinions.  The story lines are not romantic enough in modern plot and historicals always seem to have the main one or both dies!  WTH.  Anyways, I hope they bounce back.  I prefere ancient series to modern anyways and the crime stories, pass, I have enough to watch here in N America.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I can understand since Hong Kong is home to triad leaders that is why they have loads and loads of such theme in their dramas and films. I also give credit to TVB for not converting to Kdrama style completely. Korean dramas can be repetitive, cliche, and can be just as bad but Hong Kong can use a little of that. They definitely lack good "romance" in their plot. 

My major complaint is that they lack actors and actresses. You see the same face over and over and over and over again and again and again. Some are even type cast!!! I know it happens in lakorn entertainment but comparing to lakorn, you at least get to see new faces and new talents. HK value too much seniority especially TVB. I am all for that; that is, if they are that good.

Back to WI, I am starting to feel a bit weary of Linda's character. One thing I must add, Bosco and Linda lack a lot of chemistry. Too bad Bosco doesn't get paired with Natalie Tong. Although Natalie cannot act, I find her chemistry with Bosco extremely good. And Natalie does not often get lead roles, actually she doesn't at all LOL second lead but never first. 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I debated picking this one up, but Linda's presence is preventing me from actually starting it. I never understood her appeal and she lacks screen charisma, so I don't understand why TVB is promoting her so much. She has never moved me as a performer - not even enough to hate her - so I can't even muster up any interest in dramas with her as lead (except I did watch The Bitter Bitten, which is why I wasn't impressed). I'm just completely indifferent and uninterested in her as an actress. That's why I haven't been able to watch this one, the Sweetness in the Salt one, and that other one with her in the lead. My like of Bosco is not enough to overcome my indifference to Linda, more's the pity.

However, a good storyline will always win me over, so if WI turns out to be worthy of watching, I'll ignore Linda and watch it.

fun

Expired Sarnie
She's very plain. In her interview she sounds dull and boring. She brings to sass nor spice. She doesn't even have that girl next door image.

The plot... well... there's nothing to write home about. I admit, it started out good but towards the middle and end... well it didn't go so well. And I am not saying it is bad because the romance was badly portrayed, it just sucks in general. They shouldn't incorporate romance when they can't execute one. 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
fun said:
They shouldn't incorporate romance when they can't execute one. 
Lol that's how I feel about TVB now. They really need to work on the romance department. It's like they don't even bother to try anymore.

That's unfortunate about WI. And another Bosco drama bites the dust.

It's true about Linda. She's as dull and bland as she looks.