How do we instill IOS files?

annea

sarNie Adult
My friend download and burned Window XP Pro for me. She said since its an ISO file, when u put it in ur cd-rom, it should automactically open. Like if we buy a software from the store and insert it in, it should open automatically and guide to thru the installation.I have Window 2000 and I'm trying to upgrade it but when i put it in, nothing happened. Can some please help me? Thanks!

This is the sit where my friend got it from.
http://forum.astalavista.ms/viewtopic.php?t=148279

annea

sarNie Adult
I put the cd in my cd-rom and then went to my D-Drive. Then I right click and click open but nothing happens. Heres a picture of the file when I went to my D-Drive.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
What's the extension of the file? To me, it look like a notepad/wordpad extension (.txt, .rft).

try to rename the extension to .iso and unzip it.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
you have to ensure that the .iso file is a self booting .iso file, if not you need to have a program to extract the file
magic iso is a good program to use.

darvil

sarNie Adult
looks like someone screwed up in burning it or something along that line.

From your screenshot I see that you are already inside the cdrom. Which means your friend didn't burn it correctly as you can see this one file.

Its suppose to be a bunch of files.

Right click on the graphic and go to "properties" and take a screenshot of it.

annea

sarNie Adult
ok. here is the screen shor of the properties.

Pure Azn

sarNie Hatchling
copy that program to ur comp, make an iso disc booter using nero or wutever and boot the disc on ur comp n it shud work, from the looks of it that is a data disc with just the .iso in it