How to make web by using ms FRONTPAGE /DREAMWEAVER?

hanglipo

sarNie Egg
hey guys! i need help!
my teacher ask me to make a school website *high school website**...
and i already see the sample one HERE....
i'll happy if i can make our school site like that one!
the program i have:
1. Dreamweaver
2. MS Frontpage
3. Photoshop CS2

maybe needed:

-macromedia flash

am i right?? please people! help me!!
-thanks-

hanglipo

sarNie Egg
and 1 more i need to ask:

1. are this SITE 1 SITE 2 are hosting or domain?

2. can someone find me some high school layouts/templates ?*the samples oso can*

-sorry for making troube to you all-

XCappy

Mr. Char
Hi Hanglipo,

Softwares are not the first thing to notice on the first. For example, in my school I had to make a website also. They purposed me to use some softwares like Dreamweaver, or (the open-source one) NVU. These programs are both good, but it wasn't my habit, so I coded all with Notepad.

Focus now on what support (language), you'll do the site. HTML ? PHP ? Flash ?

The easiest thing is HTML, that you'll mix with CSS (Cascading Style Sheet).

In you sample, I see HTML, PHP, CSS, and the sub level they made, I think it's Javascript (not sure for this part).

Concerning softwares, you hit right.

hanglipo

sarNie Egg
oh ok thanks!
the php with mysql... i think i already get it...that thing in the SITE 1
am i right?..hehe

darvil

sarNie Adult
http://www.northwoodhigh.org is actually the link I was talking about.

the link you posted below seems to be a free cpanel hosting website and nothing to do with being a specific website. But if you were talking about the coding used to make that hosting script.. it would be php yes.

oh ok thanks!
the php with mysql... i think i already get it...that thing in the SITE 1
am i right?..hehe

hanglipo

sarNie Egg
sorry? umm... then, u mean that i can upload the coding code i made into that free hosting site? or wat? i want my school link like www.blahblah.org... how?

hanglipo

sarNie Egg
ohh...ummm...i already google domain for high school in malaysia..and for da school web,it cant be www.___.org or anything but its must be www.____.edu.my...haiz..very trouble! i need to ask my teacher bcoz da domain is RM100/year..hehee...

and one thing, i download OpenCube to make the ______ *wat it called?? dA thing that we type "home","links","Staff" in a bar* ummm...but i dunno how..sumone teach me please? :)

XCappy

Mr. Char
ohh...ummm...i already google domain for high school in malaysia..and for da school web,it cant be www.___.org or anything but its must be www.____.edu.my...haiz..very trouble! i need to ask my teacher bcoz da domain is RM100/year..hehee...

and one thing, i download OpenCube to make the menu ? *wat it called?? dA thing that we type "home","links","Staff" in a bar* ummm...but i dunno how..sumone teach me please? :)
I guess OpenCube can do it automatically ? if yes, no need teaching, just follow the buttons ;).

Concerning domain name, if it's for your school, school has to pay for it.
If it's just a project for a few months, you don't need any domain name.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I'm surprised you need to buy a domain name for a school project.

If you do get a domain name and need a host, just ask. I'll be giving free hosting to SW members.

hanglipo

sarNie Egg
oh ok...but my teacher told me....
juz coding first and do it by myself and he doesnt want the program that already ummm like xcappy said,the program that can do automatically[mean already done]...he doesnt want the program like Open Cube...umm..hows difficult...i need to do da menu thing using flash or anything that like in this SITE...thats site is very creative and my teacher like it!

can anyone teach me to do that menu thing? he said the hosting/domain thing, we do it later...he wants the coding thing or the work before hosting/domain... ummm...hows ya? i need to plan again...

XCappy

Mr. Char
The menu is done with Javascript.

I can just give other idea on how to organize a site. In this one, they use :

Code:
##########Header##########

##########Menu###########

##########Body###########

##########Footer##########
Horizontal menu. I checked few secondes in Google, and here goes a sample : Horizontal Menu

Mine :

Code:
###############Header###############

########Menu##########Body##########

###############Footer###############

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
 http-equiv="content-type">
 <link rel="stylesheet" href="~css/style.css" type="text/css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="~scripts/scripts.js"></script>
  <title>[...]</title>
  </head>
<body>
<div id="header">
<!--Banner-->

</div>
<div id="menu">
<!--Menu Gauche-->
<div class="element1">
<a class="image" title="Cliquez sur l'image pour vous rendre sur le site du lycée." href="http://www.*.net" target="_blank"></a>

<dl>
<dt onclick="java script:montre('');"><a class="image1" href="index.html"></a></dt>

<dt onmouseover="java script:montre('smenu2');"><a class="image2" href="#"></a></dt>
<dd id="smenu2">
<a href="si.html">SI</a><br><a href="prog.html">Programme</a><br><a href="bac.html">Baccalauréat</a><br><a href="postbac.html">Poursuites d'études</a>
</dd>

<dt onmouseover="java script:montre('smenu3');"><a class="image3" href="#"></a></dt>
<dd id="smenu3">
<a href="tssi0506.html">TSSI 05-06</a><br><a href="edt.html">Emploi du temps</a>
</dd>

<dt onclick="java script:montre('');"><a class="image4" href="ppe.html"></a></dt>

<dt onclick="java script:montre('');"><a class="image5" href="galerie.html"></a></dt>

<dt onclick="java script:montre('');"><a class="image6" href="divers.html"></a></dt>

<dt onmouseover="java script:montre('smenu7');"><a class="image7" href="#"></a></dt>
<dd id="smenu7">
<a href="sitesoff.html">Sites officiels</a><br><a href="sitessi.html">Sites SI</a>

</dd>
</div>
<div class="element1">
<a class="image8" href="http://www.*.gouv.fr/" target="_blank"></a><br>
<a class="image9" href="http://www.*.fr/" target="_blank"></a><br>
<a class="image10" href="http://www.*.fr/" target="_blank"></a>
</div>
<div class="element1">
<center><strong>Mise à jour</strong> :<br> 03 Avril 2006</center>
</div>
</div>
</dl>

<div id="corps">
<!--Body-->
<div class="corps1">
<h1>!</h1>
<p>[...]</p>
</div>
<div id="footer">
<!--Footer-->
<center><I><font size="0.9em">Site optimisé pour une visualisation sous <b>IE</b> et une résolution d'écran de <b>1024*768</b></font></I></center>

</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
Vertical menu, with the body on the right side.

I'm not a Javascript fan, and I remembered for my project, the Javascript menu was taken from a website.

The basic thing to know if you want to do a simple shape in HTML : <div> tag

Code:
<div id="header">
   <!-- Post the header here -->
</div>

<div id="menu">
   <!-- Post the menu here -->
</div>

<div id="Body">
   <!-- Post the site content -->
</div>

<div id="footer">
   <!-- Usually in this part, it's for the copyright -->
</div>

hanglipo

sarNie Egg
cant understand some code..its not in eng...

ummm...can u guys the list thing that we need to put in the code..like

1. must put "header"
2.must put "background pic/color

step by step... the first step till last step...thank you..and to XCappy thanks for helping but some language i dont understand..

-thanks again-

XCappy

Mr. Char
All codes are in English. There are just some variables I put in French.

I should just re-up the site.

Yeah I can do a sample with what I showed there, tonight.