How would you fill or do your resume

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I've never seen anyone but their DOB or age on a resume before but what do I know. :p
Name always goes on top.
Then current home address
- phone number
- e-mail address

Then the rest is as usual:

Education/achievements
language/skills
Work experience

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Don't put age and dob because by law employers are not suppose to ask you your age. It can be a discrimination. If you have microsoft word...there should be templates for making resumes where you just fill in your information. check it out.

XCappy

Mr. Char
I'm glad to see a topic about resume. Acutally, when I was searching for an internship, I made an English resume also (French resume and US resume don't have the same codes and I was ready to apply for some offers in UK). Anyway, I found my position in France. I'll have another internship to do in my 5th year and I'm planning to do this one abroad. So, the English resume will be really important. I'd like to know if there is a "Resume-master" who can take a look at the English resume I made? (I'll be able to send via e-mail). [And if anyone is interested in making a French resume, I can give some tips]. Thanks in advance.

judyp

sarNie Adult
^^ i just touched up on my resume because i am beginning to apply for an RN position since i am completing soon. i can take a look at your resume for you if you like (i've been told that i have an excellent resume by several instructors and it has been used as examples plenty of times). the key is to get it to the point..nothing too lengthy.

here are things i included in my resume:

at the top header:
Name
Address
Contact Information
----------------------------------
Job Objective
Education
Experience
Achievements
References

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Aws, NP girl. So how's the job hunting coming along?

I myself never had to turn in a resume for apply for a job. But I've done a few. It's just the same concept like Liberty and P'Judy listed.

kulyia

RUK
im stuck on one thing. FAX. wats fax?? lol fax the paper??

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Hmm...idk...what exactly did it say about FAX?
I seriously don't member I had to do all of that for aps. Lol

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Are you including a fax number on your resume or something? Or are you planning to fax in your resume instead of dropping it off in person? If you don't live too far from where you are applying, I recommend that you drop off your resume in person so that you can speak to the manager or whoever's in charge of hiring to get an idea of when they'll be reviewing your application/resume. But like as others mentioned, do not put your age or date of birth on your resume. That is definitely a NO NO!!! If they want to know that info it can be found on your application or when they interview you/hire since you'll have to provide them with those info for your tax return stuff.

kulyia

RUK
oh. okay thats y it didnt ask for my birthday on the microsoft word thingy. yea ithink its fax number. so what if i want to print it out? i dont need fax number rite?

Here

XCappy

Mr. Char
^^ i just touched up on my resume because i am beginning to apply for an RN position since i am completing soon. i can take a look at your resume for you if you like (i've been told that i have an excellent resume by several instructors and it has been used as examples plenty of times). the key is to get it to the point..nothing too lengthy.

here are things i included in my resume:

at the top header:
Name
Address
Contact Information
----------------------------------
Job Objective
Education
Experience
Achievements
References
Thanks a lot Judyp! I'll send a PM in your Sarnworld inbox.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Do you have a fax machine? If not, don't worry about it. You don't need it. It is like sending an email, but you will have to dial the fax number you are sending it to.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I also recommend a cover letter! and after an interview, have a letter prepared to thank the interviewer for their time. this give bonus points and they'll remember you.