i have dsl...but...

untinnu

sarNie Adult
ok..I've have DSL, but at one point, my computer got a virus and it slowed down my computer..

then I reformatted my computer and now my comp is working as good as new and faster than ever, and i think it even got rid of the virus, since the virus notice thingy doesn't pop up anymore..

but..when i dl things, it's soooooooo slow..it's even slower than when i had the virus..

so can anyone help me fix this? man..i'm hoping someone can help...

untinnu

sarNie Adult
since someone told me that the space in the comp also plays a part, here's how many space i have left:

HP_PAVILION (C:) = 53.1 GB
HP_RECOVERY (D:) = 772 MB

not sure if that much space is a good thing or a bad thing...help please!!

darvil

sarNie Adult
you have plenty of space left.. no problem with your space. You might want to look into what you're dling. Have you downloaded the same things before? or did you start to download other things?

The reason why I say this is because your download speed depends on the other end too. Say if you used to download alot from yousendit.com and then now you start dling from bittorrent.. the speed performance will be very different.

Anyway its hard for me to say why things are moving slow.. try doing some bandwidth test. like at this and tell me your result

http://reviews.cnet.com/Bandwidth_meter/7004-7254_7-0.html

untinnu

sarNie Adult
actually..i'm trying to dl from sendspace right now..and i've always dl from sendspace..but i'm doing the test right now, and i'll tell you my results...thx for helping!!

ok..i think this is my results:

22 Kbps - You 22 kbps

if not..sorry..i'm new to this..

noungning

Heartless
sendspace is slow for me too... i don't think it's your comp... it's their server connection.

like try dling something from yousendit... it's like jet when compared to sendspace and i incourage others to upload elsewhere.

untinnu

sarNie Adult
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH DARVIL AND NOUNGNING!!! AND ALSO CAN'T FORGET P'DYNO..DYNOMITE!!

it's ok..i can dl normal now..i just have to restart my modem..OMG..if only i thought of that before..but thx everyone for helping!!