I miss the old Mayura days

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Watching some old lakorns and man do they bring in good memories, the voices probably bring out more memories than the lakorn itself sometimes. They were so good and they words they used were so nice and polite. I swear my Khmer is polite because i watched Mayura lakorns, all the big words I learned in Khmer were learned from Mayura. I miss everything from the background music to the main character voice yelling (he still sounds good, even yelling)

I totally agree with you! Too bad the other dubbing companies came in and crowded mayura out! Their voices were the best -- I can't stand most of the new dubbing companies' voices, which are too shrilly and choppy sounding.

YaMaMiKi

Official Chalida&Monchanok Stalker
i know right...i'm just happy i still have mayura lakorns to watch although its old

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
I agree, I really miss Mayura production and the good old days. They were a big part of my life during my childhood years. I wouldn't have been fluent with the Khmer language if I didn't watch lakorns and chinese series Khmer dubbed. But it's hard to make business now a days when people expect to get things for free and only want the easy way out of things. There's so much competition and so many people who either copy the original dvds for sale or insanely upload everything on the internet. Either way, Mayura wouldn't have lasted. It's been so long now since I've watched any lakorn in Khmer dubbed because I really cannot stand the Srok khmer voices at all. The male dubbers don't sound manly at all while the female dubbers are way too screechy. It also annoys me when they use vocab word such as "anh", "hagnh", "mee", "see bai" etc etc. I can understand that typical Khmer families talk like that back in Cambodia but it's still very bothersome.

And LOL oun, your comment about the main characters sounding good even when yelling got me rolling. Truthfully, he's always been a very calm and polite spoken person so he rarely ever yells. I wonder how everyone is doing now. Last time i heard, Ming Phal dubs for Eagle Film Production.

yak

sarNie Adult
I miss all that stuff too.. For Mayura Production, I really hated their background music, but their voice was the best. Now away, they try to make their self sound really sweet and stuff.

thai4ever93

sarNie Oldmaid
I have to agree with you all!! The Mayura I grew up with is by far the best khmer dubbing company! All of the voices matched well, especially the main voices--they went so well together!! I agree on the vocab, I have to admit that Mayura taught me %90 of my Khmer, and they did use more polite voices. It bothers me hearing the rude words used now adays, but I think it's also because the Thai lakorn itself has changed in their vocab too...?

And yea, the only thing I hated about Mayura was the background music, they always played some piano, or instrumental throughout the WHOLE lakorn!

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
but I think it's also because the Thai lakorn itself has changed in their vocab too...?
Not really, i've been watching the raw lakorns and they use "taan" which is the khmer equivalent of "pisah" which is eating. Thai lakorns use pretty polite words, I haven't seen a change in vocab.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I also agree with all ya!! I miss their voices and their titles. Sok Khmer dub companies titles sounds all the same. Mayura usually have memorable and unique titles.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i miss mayura too: the n'ek voice is sooo sweet and the p'ek voice is very sexy. what i don't like is when they try to sing: they can't sing at all and it turns to be funny

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
i miss mayura too: the n'ek voice is sooo sweet and the p'ek voice is very sexy. what i don't like is when they try to sing: they can't sing at all and it turns to be funny
That's so true. In that Ning and Patson lakorn the girl voice sang and i felt embarrassed for her, it was terrible.

thea

sarNie Hatchling
I too miss the voices of the dubbed lakorns and series from back in the days. do you guys know that the main lady voice in mayura dub for km production? is this a new dubbing company? i happen to be surfing the web and came across a lakorn they dubbed w/ the lady's voice. but it seems like it's an on and off thing b/c in mark and kim's lakorn they did not have her as the main lead voice. the dubbing is pretty decent it's more pleasing to my ears then the other dubbing company. oh also, have any of you guys been to this site http://www.sppci.com/ i think it's own by the dubbing company that dub chinese series, spp. you either buy originals on dvd or you can pay to view online. just want to know if you any of you tried it yet?

Prisna

sarNie Oldmaid
I miss old Mayura too! I'm glad I have a lot of old lakorn but sadly it's not DVD!

xTinax

sarNie Egg
OMG I miss them too! I can't stand the new companies now. When I hear the new lead actor's voice, it's such a turn off. I actually stopped watching Thai lakorn with Khmer dub now, which is sad. I just watch English subtitles instead.