i wonder if she made the hmong dress

mvshutters

sarNie Egg
Angel Chang is a fashion designer who will be on feature on bravo's new fashion show series. she is shown wearing this dress

I wonder if she made it herself of she bought it somewhere else and added the waist line...

what do you guys think?

cecilia

Staff member
well, she's chinese, so no doubt, she have connection
we still have ancestor from there .. so yup.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
umm..
first of all, I don't like it. I think it's a cheap design. You can do so much more fashionable things with "Hmong/Miao" style clothings.
and most importantly, I do not think that she made that skirt. It's got the batik-style on the pleats and colorful images that I do not think fashion designers have the time to intricately spend time on.
Most likely she bought it and then added some weird waist line to it to make it her own 'unique' design.
But that's just my few cents. it doesn't matter. props to her for trying.

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
umm..
first of all, I don't like it. I think it's a cheap design. You can do so much more fashionable things with "Hmong/Miao" style clothings.
and most importantly, I do not think that she made that skirt. It's got the batik-style on the pleats and colorful images that I do not think fashion designers have the time to intricately spend time on.
Most likely she bought it and then added some weird waist line to it to make it her own 'unique' design.
But that's just my few cents. it doesn't matter. props to her for trying.
i agree...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
omg. i was going to order a skirt like that from ebay
and wear it to the new years..
lol. yeah. i'm weird.
but i'd rather be different than seeing someone wear what i'm wearing.

Ms_Stratus

sarNie Egg
Is she Chinese? I thought she was Hmong. But anyways, no I don't believe she made that dress...maybe she added the white part on top but I have seen similar Hmong/hmong chinese design skirts....

ImSmiley

sarNie Egg
Personally, i don't think it is ugly. i have seen some of these dresses before when i visited MN's flee market. It wasn't cheap either. I love how the design looks old fashioned and worn out. But i don't think she made it herself, she probably bought that dress and added some adjustments to it.

tshavntuj

sarNie Egg
I hate seeing other people taking our Hmong clothing and culture and play around it. Our hmong dress play a major role of carrying our Hmong history on it and now, look at it. Anyways, for those who wants to buy a dress like hers log on to chiangmaieshopping.com.

pyang

sarNie Egg
^ me too. have you guys seen those thai/lao dress with the modern hmong dress (the printed ones) on the bottom? those are so ugly and people actually buy it.

i don't think she made it either.