Immortality & Eternal Youth

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
The story Tuck Everlasting & the movie The Age of Adeline convey the topics of Immortality & Eternal Youth.

If you were given the wish of immortality & eternal youth, will you take it & why?

I want to know your thoughts then I will post mine :).

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
No, because if other doesn't get the same wishes, it will be pretty boring and lonely to live with eternal life while everyone around you past away.

Even deity lives life in stages, there is not such a thing as immortality.  We need to live/move with times and changes, enjoy variety and challenges to new things, not struck in immortal life that has no meaning, beginning or ending.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
No, because I want to live to die (if that make sense). Given eternal youth is like standing still in time. I like to experience life with those that I love and go with them or close to them and closing the book of life.

It would not be the same to live like life over again and again but those that you hold dear continue on. Then it's no longer special and you starts to have resentment for the gift.

Jacy

sarNie Hatchling
No I wont pick any of it.. I just want to live in fullest without having any regret.. Immortality makes me lonely while eternal youth would make me life empty

Ms.Zoe

Very interesting thoughts you all have here :). Immortality & Eternal Youth are very tempting. If I was given a wish for both, I would choose it only if I could return back to a normal human being when I want to lol. Aging, Sickness & Death do scare me when I see these 3 things happening around me every day besides Birth.

If everyone was to live forever then we would not need the quote "don't take life for granted" then. And the human race will increase & how Earth will manage our growing presence? If I was the only immortal in the world then I could not live my life the ways I want to because I would live in fears, fear that people will question why I don't age, fear that I would be a guinea pig for research, fear of seeing people I love & care for going through the process of aging, sickness & death, leaving me behind on Earth one by one. I will be sad every time someone I love & care for passes away, my heart would not withstand the sorrow, sadness & loneliness.

I think Aging & Death are not as scary as Sickness. You lose your beauty by Aging, you lose your life by Death, but Sickness if they are the types that make you suffer then it is worse than Death. Therefore, there are assisted death, euthanasia & suicide.

I am very tempted to take the wish because Sickness scares me lol. I don't care if I grow old but I do care if I am healthy or not lol. I do like to experience what Life has to offer, growing old, feeling the pain of being an old woman, get sick & the ultimate ending of my life on Earth. And what lies for me after that does scare me just thinking about it now hehehe...this is where your faith will help you. I guess we all will know once that happens, you have to experience it to know what lies ahead after Death.

sarN

sarNie Granny
To be forever young ....let me have it !!!!Shoot , I'm OK w/jumping from one young man to another , I be alright HAHA

Ms.Zoe

Does anyone know the story Tuck Everlasting & Has anyone watched the movie The Age of Adeline yet?

Ms.Zoe

Very tempting if only I don't get too attached to any of them lol.

To be forever young ....let me have it !!!!Shoot , I'm OK w/jumping from one young man to another , I be alright HAHA

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Ms.Zoe said:
Does anyone know the story Tuck Everlasting & Has anyone watched the movie The Age of Adeline yet?
My bf loves athe Age of Adeline. Tuck everlasting was one of my favorite book as a kid. It is about a boy name Jessie Tuck who drinks from this well that gave him immortality. He met a girl name Winnie who ran away from home and was just about to drink the water but he stopped her. There was also this one man that heard rumors about this magical well. He wanted to find it and sells it. He also happens to be after Winnie because her family put out an award for her returns. As he was trying to capture her, he died. Jessie's family got framed for the murder and they were sentence to hang. Of course they can not die so if they were hung but not die, people will find out about the magical well so Winnie and jessie were able to break them free. Before they left the village, Jessie gave Winnie a bottle of water from the well before destroying it.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Honestly immortality and eternal youth is one of my dream superpowers if it's possible lol... we can do whatever we want and spend the rest of our lives with our loved ones... for obvious reasons death is one of my biggest fears...

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
for me, I’d like to get old and die but just not in 100 years. I’d like to expand that amount of time to say like 150 years, then I’d be a happy camper and leave when it is my time. If this were to happen, all the different stages of life would be increased in length. I would like that.

And also, I want to know what happens after death? Is there a heaven and will we meet our loved ones again?? Will the place after death be where we become perfect beings, have eternal life and youth according to some religions? Perhaps those things aren’t found while on Earth but after having passed away? :confused12:

Last edited:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I'm not a particularly religious person, but maybe losing everyone around you and ending up lonely, is the karma/punishment for defying mother nature's plan for people who live beyond their designated time?

Ms.Zoe

You lose everyone around you because their time on Earth expire. I think it has nothing to do with karma/punishment.

I'm not a particularly religious person, but maybe losing everyone around you and ending up lonely, is the karma/punishment for defying mother nature's plan for people who live beyond their designated time?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
You lose everyone around you because their time on Earth expire. I think it has nothing to do with karma/punishment.
Yes, I understand that part. The feeling of loneliness and emptiness you get after is what I was getting at. When people pass on normally, we grieve because it is the natural process of life. However, if we were to live beyond our time, that feeling would be much greater. It is one reason why in Buddhism, to successfully reach Enlightenment and Nirvana, one must detach from everything completely.

I know if I became immortal and everyone around me goes on naturally, it would feel soul sucking and unbearable. Imagine being a mother who has to bury her children that expires from old age, that alone would be soul sucking.

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
But this means everyone would be granted the wish of eternal youth and immortality right? Not just one person???

But still it would probably have no meaning. Cuz then humans would take everything for granted knowing they’ll live forever. I think death itself teaches us to value our times on earth. When we’re gone, there is no more of us. :( we are gone like just the wind. It’s death that is so deep and sentimental perhaps.