IMPORTANT: Read here if you're interested

Hiatus

Super Momo
Sorry Hiatus I'm hijacking your thread! lolz :lol:

Well basically here is the run down.

Team needs help with THREE things. I'm sure everyone can do something. Help our community grow and expand the love of Thai lakorns to others.

FIRST help: Translation:

DON'T think you have to understand Thai 100 percent or speak native flawless english in order to be a translator. What is the requirement? Well I would say about 85 percent. Just watch the lakorn and try to guess how much you understand. If you think you understand that much let us know. Now you don't have to translate the whole episode. It would be nice but I know some people can only give a few hours. We'll work something out with you.

As for parts you can't understand, just type it out in karaoke style and someone else will patch it up. No big deal. Also don't worry about grammar or your sentence structure. Just do the best you can. Like I said there will be editors who will look over. If you still don't feel comfortable then you can help on the next level.

SECOND help: Timing

Requirements for being a timer is alot lower then a translator. Right now the bar will be set at about 40 percent. The important thing is just to get the lines right. So if you think you are around there or want to try it out first then let us know by posting or pm. We'll work something out. Also remember that we don't expect you to tackle the whole project. You can give us how much time you want to give. They all adds up.

THIRD help Seeds/Upload

Right now I'm not sure if we'll need seeders yet because I'm not sure if that's what we plan to do. We already have a bittorrent tracker but it may not be neccessary.

In either case there is DEFINATELY something anyone can do. You can help upload the episode that gets released, to a freeserver. These people will get first access to the file. Right now we've been given a fast private server that we can use to distribute the file fast. It is the job of these volunteers to upload to free servers after they get the file.

We will announce the need for these individuals when the episode is about to be released. From there we will pick the amount of individuals we need.

Important Information related to this subbing process

1st.) Translators and timers get first access to new releases. From there its a trickling down process from the seeders/upload volunteers.

2nd.) I've asked sarN about possibly adding the timers and translators to the private download forum if they meet a requirement. As to the specifics of the requirement I'm not sure. Perhaps if they finish 60 mins of either translating or timing. This is a way for you to join the elite group if you're a shy person or someone who doesn't have resources. BUT first I want to check with the mods of this forum first because they're the one doing most of the uploading. I don't want to add any more stress to them.

3rd.) For timing or translating you probably won't have a choice to pick what you want. Thats because if everyone do what they want then we won't have any complete series so, we will have a list of what is going on currently and what you can do. Obviously some people will do what lakorn interests them so we hope to snag a few people.

4th.) This is corny but think of what you're doing for the community by volunteering!

xingdau

sarNie Egg
I'm interested to help out too, but it depends on which series. And also, since I have classes, I might not have much time to do it. I think I can spend 1-2 hrs/week on it and might be less during the exam period.

Hiatus

Super Momo
xingdau said:
I'm interested to help out too, but it depends on which series. And also, since I have classes, I might not have much time to do it. I think I can spend 1-2 hrs/week on it and might be less during the exam period.
[post="1266"][/post]​

ill pm u. later :)

Phew

sarNie Fansubber
I wouldnt mind helping out with Plueng Payu, I did some detailed summary @ Spicy from epi 2 to 9, mostly just conversations between Payu and Chart :p

Hiatus

Super Momo
Phew said:
I wouldnt mind helping out with Plueng Payu, I did some detailed summary @ Spicy from epi 2 to 9, mostly just conversations between Payu and Chart :p
[post="1577"][/post]​

Ill Pm YOU TO later on im so tired College is tiring T_T

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Okay I think I get it and would like to help out on the translating part.....

sweetyaj

sarNie Elites
i would love to help u guys but i don;t understand thai and i don't even knoe how the subbing program works..so if someone don't mind teaching or telling me the program i would love to help do the timing....i think i can do about 2 hours a week and if its easy maybe more...

Hiatus

Super Momo
sweetyaj said:
i would love to help u guys but i don;t understand thai and i don't even knoe how the subbing program works..so if someone don't mind teaching or telling me the program i would love to help do the timing....i think i can do about 2 hours a week and if its easy maybe more...
[post="2088"][/post]​
lol... we time a lot of lakorn per week.... I can teach you but you guys have to be serious and I MEAN it

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
hey mo,
How come you don't teach me anything? No fair!.... *stomp stomp*

darvil

sarNie Adult
sweetyaj said:
[post="2088"][/post]​
I'll put up a really easy tutorial tonight!!

It'll be real easy to understand..

In fact it'll be so easy that a one armed monkey being attacked by a midget could still do with its eye closed. :lol:

Hiatus

Super Momo
Darvil said:

In fact it'll be so easy that a one armed monkey being attacked by a midget could still do with its eye closed. :lol:
[post="2478"][/post]​
:eek:

wait till I post the one with SSA T_T u'll want to die cuz there no preview on SSA

Muddie Murda

smile...
Darvil said:

[post="2478"][/post]​
hhahaha dood u got the best words.....

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
how easy is easy???

Are you sure?? I don't get it. Can you explain it again?

sweetyaj

sarNie Elites
cool if u guys are really going to teach me then i am willing to...jus pm or email me when and i will be there.....jux to remind u guys..i can't understand thai...but i will try my best to time it...

Pimmy

sarNie Fansubber
I think I could help in the translation part. However, do you have a particular format at all?
Well, I guess I could try doing one episode of lakorn per week as the starter. If thing goes well, I think I could do more, except during the exams.

darvil

sarNie Adult
Muddie MuRda said:
Yo...where's the tutorial DARVIE!??!
[post="3980"][/post]​
I'll do it tonight.. sowwwwie got distracted

Pimmy said:
I think I could help in the translation part. However, do you have a particular format at all?
Well, I guess I could try doing one episode of lakorn per week as the starter. If thing goes well, I think I could do more, except during the exams.
[post="4459"][/post]​
Pimmy I'll also post up a translation method.. well the way I like to do it. :p