IRS fake email

wintr

sarNie Hatchling
did you guys and gals here about the scam that the IRS is telling everyone...there are people out there sending emails to people to get their bank information and clean your bank account out..i saw it on the news last night..i hope everyone is careful..cuz the IRS said they will never issue an email asking for personal information.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
lol ive heard but its only common sense a big organization like irs won't have time to email everyone so whoever opens the email from so call irs is stupid

kitkat

sarNie Elites
ah speaking of this... is the mail also scam? i wasn't sure if it is or not b/c my parents have it yesterday so .... help!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Mail or E-mail no one will ask you for your personal accounts especially the IRS. Many of my friends have been getting mails about how if they want their stimulus payment to be direct deposit into their bank account fill out the form and send it in. NO the IRS won't risk that so they will just send the paper check.

So no matter what don't give anyone your bank account information; unless you are buying something assuming it's a trusted website;