Issue of the Hmong grave in thailand

S

sunflower

OKAY.... let's get back to DISCUSSING this issue :sweat:
i actually looked around the internet for news on this but unfortunately i couldn't find anything! :( and no, i'm not hmong.. but i as a human being find this really disturbing! i just can't believe anyone can dig up these graves!
okay.. like i asked in an earlier post... what is really the reason the graves are being dug up?

U.S. State Department officials said a nearby Buddhist monastery, which owns the land, hired two Buddhist organizations to remove at least a portion of the bodies out of concern that the burials were tainting the surrounding area's water supply
and the Buddhist monastery that owns the land is thai? or is it the chinese? and the burials are tainting the water supply? but why is it that ONLY the HMONG'S gravesite is being dug up? why not the nearby chinese's gravesite? and like the state senator said.. if that was the case... shouldn't the thai or chinese government let the hmong relatives that live in the US find a new gravesite before they started to dig up the graves and cremating them? wouldn't that make more sense?

and i had goosebumps when i read this paragraph...

In one video, workers in white T-shirts chat amiably as they dig up the graves. Some of the corpses are still clothed in their colorful Hmong burial garments. Workers saw off the skulls of the skeletons with what appear to be butcher knives. A man directs the others to chop the remains into smaller pieces.
this is just so cruel! i mean.. it's like not paying any respect to the corpse! aren't there hmong people in thailand or around there? they should protest or something.. draw as much attention to this as possible! this is just not right... to all the family members that have a family member buried there i am so sorry for this violation... -_-

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
sunflower said:
OKAY.... let's get back to DISCUSSING this issue :sweat:
i actually looked around the internet for news on this but unfortunately i couldn't find anything! :( and no, i'm not hmong.. but i as a human being find this really disturbing! i just can't believe anyone can dig up these graves!
okay.. like i asked in an earlier post... what is really the reason the graves are being dug up?
and the Buddhist monastery that owns the land is thai? or is it the chinese? and the burials are tainting the water supply? but why is it that ONLY the HMONG'S gravesite is being dug up? why not the nearby chinese's gravesite? and like the state senator said.. if that was the case... shouldn't the thai or chinese government let the hmong relatives that live in the US find a new gravesite before they started to dig up the graves and cremating them? wouldn't that make more sense?

and i had goosebumps when i read this paragraph...
this is just so cruel! i mean.. it's like not paying any respect to the corpse! aren't there hmong people in thailand or around there? they should protest or something.. draw as much attention to this as possible! this is just not right... to all the family members that have a family member buried there i am so sorry for this violation... -_-
[post="62378"][/post]​
the bodies tainting the water was probably just an excuse used so that they can dig up the graves. there are a couple of videos floating around right now. i think you can go to suabhmongradio.com and request a vcd copy of the grave digging.

S

sunflower

maiv said:
the bodies tainting the water was probably just an excuse used so that they can dig up the graves. there are a couple of videos floating around right now. i think you can go to suabhmongradio.com and request a vcd copy of the grave digging.
[post="62382"][/post]​

AWE HELL NAW! if that water supply thing was just an excuse.... DAMN! thank you for replying back.. i'll go check out the VDOs when i get home from work tonight... THANK YOU.. and if anyone has anymore news please post up...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
:angry: WHATEVER!!! WHAT A EXCUSE!!! LIARS!!!

idon't care anymore.. i hope thehmong people come& getthem people like they got us hmongpeople... shit!!! :angry:

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Since when did rotten bodies became sanitation? They decomposed in dirt and is good for fertilization!!! I agree with ya'll...EXCUSES EXCUSES!!! I read that they were digging Hmong graves while secretly preserving chinese graves!!! Looking back in history, chinese people have tried over and over to get rid of us Hmong people...trying to terminate our culture...I think it's just hard to accept the fact that we made it and will still continue to survive!! (no offense, this thought was said out of anger)

If anyone wants to read more about the Hmong history, I have a shorter version but it covers majority of what really happened. Warning: It's SAD!!!

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Anyone here ever heard Eminem's song "Cleaning Out My Closet?" There's a line in the song that goes "now i would never diss my own momma just to get recognition, take a second and listen for who this record is dissing..."

So what's my point in pointing out that line? I think people here need to read things a little more carefully and also think a little more about what each person is saying. Now before everyone here rips my head off like I've just seen happened to anti-hmong, please read and think just a little bit more critically. First off, I wondered something. Who here has done more research on this article or on what has occurred? C'mon, hands up. Let me see? I think I've seen someone who did though. Remember that one person who said "the hmong people knew it was coming and didn't do anything about it?" It seems this person knew quite a bit about this event. Why would this person bother to read more on what has transpired if they did not care at all about what's going on? Is it just to diss the hmong people?

Secondly, who here knows what a satire is? I think it's obvious that I'm talking about anti-hmong at this point, so I'm not going to sugar coat it. I normally don't go into a lot of other sections in Sarnworld other than shoutouts but I saw a lot of action in this one and the thread seems interesting. True to my hunch, this thread makes me content and at the same time disappoints me. Going back to my satire comment, I think everyone here is aware that emotions are the biggest motivators in humans. In fact, it seems to be one of the things that separate us from animals. Why does it bug you guys that her name is anti-hmong? More importantly though, what does it make you feel? If you're hmong, does it make you proud of your heritage and then band together to flame someone who's "dissing" your culture? If it does, then I am content.

When I read anti-hmong's post, you know what I see? I don't think many would agree with with me, but I see someone who actually cares about what is going on with the hmong people. You guys might be like "what?? where did that come from?" But think about it. What happened when you read the post? You got angry right? Did you think a little more about what's going on with the hmong people? If you answered "yes", then I think anti-hmong succeeded in what she's trying to do. America has one of the largest hmong population in the world AND America is one of the most powerful nation in the world. Yet why is this news not making international headlines? Ok, I'm tired of writing around in circles so I'll finally come out and say it. Anti-hmong's purpose is to get you MAD!! She's doing it so that hopefully one of you will actually get mad and do something about it. She says all hmong people do is complain. If she's wrong, YOU would have to prove her wrong. I'm very impressed by what Sen. Mee Moua has done. Yet she's only one person. For a country that has a large hmong population, there SHOULD be a public outcry. I see a huge one in this thread. I see people getting pissed and flaming anti-hmong. That's great. I do applaud that. I saw someone who said they're very proud of the hmong culture. But you know what? No one else hears it! So is it true that all hmong people do is complain? You tell me. I've looked up the definition for both "complain" and "whine." For those that didn't want to look it up, it means "to express feelings of dissatisfaction" but the most important part of the definitions is that it in no way implies that you're DOING anything about it. So I come back to the question, "so is it true that all hmong people do is complain?"

If in your head right now, you're saying "but Mee Moua is doing something abou it." Then that's the part where I'm disappointed. I see so much anger in here but I think it's directed in the wrong direction. Have you written a letter to your senator? Have you passed out fliers on what's happening? Have you gone into a thread to piss off the hmong people and HOPE that they would be angry enough to do something? If not, I want to know. What are you doing for your people? Are you just going to stand proud and hope that that alone is enough for the whole world to respect your culture? I'm going to end this here. The rest is up to you guys. But read through things people write again and think about it. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. Emotions are a wonderful thing. But they can also make you ignorant by blinding you. If you're mad at me right now and think I'm an idiot, then I think you missed my point. And please people, let's stay away from the direct name calling. All of you.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Writing to the senator...passing out flyers...I've already taken part in all that...I was also impressed seeing some college student bringing up the issue at the new years...I think I remember someone already saying that anti-hmong does care, that's why she's in this forum...I think I've already said that to her too in so many other forums...some people see it exactly how you do too...but then again...anger is one of the leading emotions...people are more likely to express anger...

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
what else are we supposed to express.....all the letters that I've taken part in sending to the senator have all been avoided.......ANGER IS WHAT IS LEFT....I'M GOING TO GO MAD IF SOME SENATOR DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!! DAMN.....

ouaher

sarNie Egg
marduk, I can see your point of view of anti-hmong. This is only my opinion: all I can say is that the reason things happen to the hmong people is because we don't come together and help each other. everyone in this forum including anti-hmong just prove this right, attacking each other back and forth. Again, I'm very dissappointed with what anti-hmong have to say even if she meant for one of us to speak out and do something about this issue. I started this topic to give the opportunity to everyone to express feelings about this issue as well as closure and not attack the hmong people. It doesn't matter what race you are, there are always those who hate and there are always those who help. My mom once said hmong is in your blood it doesn't matter how much you hate your own race you can never run away from it. It hurt me so much seeing everyone attacking eachther. To anti-hmong, if you are a mature person then you shouldn't even post your first word in this topic and if you did, you shouldn't repeat remarks. You should know better that what you post will create a problem in this topic. My apology to everyone.

FrozenPearl

sarNie Egg
I thought that this topic is about our people how we each concern on what the Thai government did to our people, not complaining and hating each other. Are you people out there give ideas or argued.

I heard that place were scary. One of my cousins’s who got relative people lived on that city saying that at night they heard some voice crying by the grave saying “Thov pab peb, peb ntshai ntshai lawv�. People lived there scary since there aren’t many people lived there anymore.

I think what caused our dead people scared them because, before the Thai people dig our dead people’s body, they do have 2 spirits person doing things that will not harm them before they dig our dead people’s body. I also heard that one of the Thai’s people got very sick when digging the grave, but luckily it’s got covered. I hope more Thai people’s got sick and die as they deserved.

As far as I heard, the Chinese people do dig our dead people’s body back in ancient time when we were still back in China. That’s one of the reasons why someone special died, they have 3-5 grave. It’s to make sure that Chinese people don’t get our dead body out and some of the graves are fake. These Chinese people tried to lead the country that’s why now, they got the country. They want our people to become Chinese life after dead and reborn again……

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
" Hmoob tsis hlub Hmoob.." Right here!!!

Hmoob tsis hlub hmoob is not hmong mae-ka.. hmoob nplog.. they don't love eachother!! if you guys want to know.. They're greddy & only want to make friends with rich people.. My opinion cause thats how i see it..when i came back from there..

Damn it! people!!! There is "NOTHING" we can do about it.. even if we do tried.. Thailand is not part of US. It's the EAST were talking about.. Let them people do whatever they want.. Our Hmong people will get them... :)

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
FrozenPearl said:
As far as I heard, the Chinese people do dig our dead people’s body back in ancient time when we were still back in China. That’s one of the reasons why someone special died, they have 3-5 grave. It’s to make sure that Chinese people don’t get our dead body out and some of the graves are fake. These Chinese people tried to lead the country that’s why now, they got the country. They want our people to become Chinese life after dead and reborn again……
[post="63449"][/post]​
I watched the video on the grave digging with my whole family. One of the main reason why we all watched it is because we know that my maternal grandmother is one of the many bodies disturbed. My dad told me that the elders use to say that the Chinese have always dug up Hmong graves. That is why our ancestors adopted the style of placing rocks over Hmong graves to form a mound, so that the Chinese would not be able to tell whether it is a Hmong or Chinese grave.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
maiv said:
I watched the video on the grave digging with my whole family. One of the main reason why we all watched it is because we know that my maternal grandmother is one of the many bodies disturbed. My dad told me that the elders use to say that the Chinese have always dug up Hmong graves. That is why our ancestors adopted the style of placing rocks over Hmong graves to form a mound, so that the Chinese would not be able to tell whether it is a Hmong or Chinese grave.
[post="63521"][/post]​

:wavecry: oh reallie.. how sad.. so sorrie to hear that.. when i went to laos with my parents.. we went to see my grandpa's grave.. i wonder why they had rocks over the grave.. sooo... that's the reason.. how sad.. when will the chinese people stop this.. what did we ever do to them? :wavecry:
i heard- don't know if its true but some people say.. China is supposed to be the HMong peoples land.. but they took over it.. :wavecry:

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
FrozenPearl said:
I thought that this topic is about our people how we each concern on what the Thai government did to our people, not complaining and hating each other. Are you people out there give ideas or argued.

It is true that we are arguing in here...but then again, a lot of us are working together...which is standing up for our Hmong people...aren't you proud of that too?