lynnyang

sarNie Adult
It Was You Along

Characters:

Beam: Kawee
Pinky: Cream
Aun: Boy

Cover:

My name is Cream and I’m 20 years old. I have been in a relationship for 3 years. My boyfriend’s name is Boy. I’m trying to understand that difficult times are coming in and out of my life. Lately, Boy and I are not connecting to each other. It has been so hard to me because I’m not sure of our relationship any more. I don’t know how I should end it. What I felt guilty the most is that I’m falling for one of my boyfriend’s friend named Kawee. I tell myself all times that what I’m doing or thinking is wrong and I shouldn’t be. Kawee is a great looking man, but quite a player and he’s the catch of every woman. I think that’s probably one of the reasons why I couldn’t resist him. The more I think about this, the more I feel guilty to Boy. This has been going on for awhile, until I couldn’t stand it no more and felt like I no longer love Boy and felt that I’m hurting him deeply. Until one day, I decided to speak up and let go of what I have been longing to do.
I look straight at Boy’s eyes and spoke up nervously. “I know that you are a really good man. But I think that I don’t deserve you. You have always been very great to me and I’m truly sorry that I can’t do that back to you. I’m very blessed to have known you. But maybe sometimes when things aren’t going right we just have to end it and go our separate ways.�
With tears hiding behind his eyes, Boy looked at me sadly and asked, “Why? What’s wrong with you? I really love you and I have never cheated behind your back. I have always been trying my best to be there for you. What happen between us?�
“People change,� I said. “I’m sorry and I’m not good enough for you. Maybe you’ll find a better girl. A girl who loves you just the way you are!�
“Is this what you really want?� Boy said.
With guilt I answered, “Yes, I’m truly sorry!�
“If this is what you want than I’ll let you have it your way. Remember, I’ll always love you! I’ll be right here waiting for you to return.�
I hugged Boy and said softly, “Please don’t, you have to move on with life! I’m very happy to have known you for all these years. See you around! Bye!� After I finished talking to Boy, I walked off leaving him behind with a broken heart. I knew that it was a very bad thing I did. I not also hurt him, but I broke his heart. I was so ashamed of myself and decided that I will not be in a relationship anymore. I never told anyone how much I liked and adore Kawee. I kept it as a secret to my heart.
3 weeks later… I sat on the bench close to the magic water fountain and thought to myself that I’ve been very lonely these days. I felt that life has been going well without a man in my life. But somehow my heart couldn’t stop thinking about Kawee. Everything about him was kept inside of my head. I tried to forget about him and convince myself he will never look my way because I was his friend’s girlfriend; ex- girlfriend. I walked up to the magic water fountain with a coin in my hand and getting ready to grant a wish. I closed my eyes tight and had my hands together praying in my head. In my head I prayed that, “Even though I can never be loved by anyone else, especially Kawee, I wish to look at him from afar away. I wish him the best luck of ever and to stay happy like always!� After my prayers, I flipped the coin into the water fountain and opened my eyes. Standing right in front, he smiled at me. I close my eyes again to assure myself that I wasn’t daydreaming. To my shock, I wasn’t, it was Kawee in front of me.
“Surprised,� he said.
I laughed at him and rolled my eyes. “What brings you here?�
“Well,� Kawee started. “I do come here often. It’s very funny because I do believe in this magic water fountain.�
I looked at him amazingly, “Seriously?�
He nodded his head. “So what did you wish for?�
Right when he asked that, I felt my heart beating fast. I didn’t know what to do. He nudges me and got my attention. “So?�
“Oh,� I said nervously. “Well, if I tell you what I wish for than it wouldn’t come true!�
Kawee laughed, “Alright! But whatever you wish for I hope it turns out ten times better.�
“What do you mean by that?� I asked.
“Nothing… just trying to be nice,� he gave me a wink in the left eye.
I shook my head and looked away. Kawee’s cell phone ranged. He picked up his phone.
“Hello,� he said. “What’s up? A barbeque at my place? No problem! Cream? Yeah, she’s here with me. Okay, I’ll bring her along!� He hung up and turns to me. “You’re going with me!�
“To where?� I asked suspiciously.
Without answering, Kawee lift me up and said afterwards, “Go with me and you’ll know!� Right when he lift me up, I felt my heart beating fast again. I was nervous and felt my face burning hot. But I tried not to show too much emotion towards him. I thought how great it would be if we were really a couple and that I can make him a better man.
The car rolled up to Kawee’s front yard and parked there. He quickly got out and opened the door for me. I looked at him with amused and asked, “Isn’t this weird?�
“Not to me,� he said. “I’m a gentleman!�
We walked to the backyard and there were his friends. Not also that, my girlfriends was there too. I looked straight and saw Boy staring at me. At that moment, I started feeling uncomfortable, but right when I was feeling that, I felt a warm hand around my waist. I slowly turn to see whose hand it belonged too. Staring right into my eyes, Kawee whispered into my left ear, “It’s okay, I’m here for you!�
“Thank you,� I said with a smile. I talked to my friends there, but never came upon to Boy or had a conversation including him. After a short while, Boy left.
“Kawee,� I said. “I need to use the bathroom. Where is it?�
“Just go to that door and turn to your left,� he said a little busy chatting with the other friends.
I shook my head and walked in to the door he pointed at. As I was making my way to the bathroom, I saw a door opened about an inch. I peeked inside and realized it was Kawee’s room. I looked around and saw nobody. I walked into his room and shut the door. Gazing around the small room for a bit, I sat on the bed. At the corner of my left eye, I saw something in the closet that caught my attention. I got up and opened the closet door. I pushed aside his clothes and behind the wall I saw tons of pictures. There were tons of my pictures taped on the wall; pictures of me that were taken secretly. Some of the pictures were times when I was alone shopping, sitting at the park, or working. I quickly pushed the clothes back to its place, closed the door, and walked out of the room. As I was about to walk out of the back door, Kawee bumped right in front of me.
“Sorry,� he said. “You okay?�
I shook my head, and said, “I need to go home now.�
“Okay, I’ll take you home!�
“It’s okay,� I replied. “I can take a cab home. Anyways, thanks for today. I really enjoyed it.�
I got home later and sitting in my room, I thought about what I saw earlier. I was confused. I didn’t understand why he had so many of my photos. I turn to my desk and saw a letter lying there. I opened the letter and read it. It was a letter stating that I was accepted to go to New York City and work as an intern for Teen Vogue. I felt happy for a moment, but didn’t feel like leaving town. Thinking it over again, I had nothing to do and it was a great opportunity for me to start a new life and accomplish my dream. I decided that I should take the job, which means I have 3 more days left in town.
3 days later…
5 more hours until my flight, I decided that I was going to see Boy for the last time. A moment later, I was inside the coffee restaurant waiting for him. He walked in as I took a sip of my drink.
“How are you?� he asked.
“I’m good, “I said, “and you?�
He smiled, “I’m doing good too!�
“I’m leaving to New York today.�
Boy looked at me with shock, “For what?�
“I got a job as an intern in Teen Vogue. You know it’s what I have always wanted.�
“I understand. There’s something I wanted to ask you,� he questioned.
I waited for him to continue.
“Why did you break up with me?�
I looked at him and decided that there was nothing else to hide anymore. “I broke up with you because I felt like I’m not the one for you. I felt guilty because I was dating you and I had a crush on your friend at the same time!�
Boy’s reaction was pretty calm. “It’s him isn’t it?�
I nodded my head.
“No hard feelings� he said. “Thanks to you, I feel like life is really worth living after all. I have never felt so relief like this before!�
“Maybe, I should get going,� I said.
“Wait, aren’t you going to see him for the last time?�
I got up and replied, “No need!�
4 hours later…
I waved for a cab and went inside. “Airport,� I said and set my purse down. For a moment, I felt so tired and closed my eyes to rest a bit. Inside my head, Kawee’s face kept popping up. I tried to avoid thinking about him, but the harder I try the harder it gets. I open my eyes as I heard the car stopped. I looked out the window and realized I wasn’t at the airport; I was at the park where the magic water fountain was.
“Excuse me sir, why am I here?� I asked. The driver turned around to look at me. To my shock, it was Kawee who was driving along.
“I need to talk to you for 10 minutes,� he said.
We got of the car and sat beside the magic water fountain. I felt nervous sitting next to him. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking and why he was here. He finally spoke after a long silence.
“I heard you’re going to New York,� said Kawee.
“Yes, I am,� I said. “Wait, who told you that?�
He looked me in the eyes and right that moment if I wasn’t wrong, I felt that his eyes were telling me that he too felt the same way as I did for him. With his right hand, he grabbed my hands and held onto them. He pressed a kissed on them and smiled at me.
“I don’t know how to say it out in words. But I can only express them out with my action. I know that I’m not a perfect man. But ever since the first day I saw you, I fell in love with you. I knew it was love at first sight. But at that time you were Boy’s girlfriend and I wasn’t able to do anything, only to look at you from afar. My heartaches every time I see you in tears. I wanted to wipe them for you so badly, but in my position, I dare not to,� he confessed.
Tears were coming down from my eyes. At this moment, I never dreamed of having to hear words like this come out of Kawee’s mouth. I was so happy that I could only cry and cry.
“Now that you’re free,� Kawee continued. “I wanted to let you know what my heart is feeling. All the girls you see around me, none of them could ever compare to you. I have never and would never accept any girls in my heart other than you. I wouldn’t be able to tell you how I felt if you have left to New York already. Luckily, Boy called me earlier and told me everything. If he hadn’t told me, I wouldn’t have known how your heart felt.�
He pulled me closer and pressed his lips onto mine. I was so happy that I smiled this whole time.
“Tell me how you feel,� he asked.
“I have never expected to be having a time like this with you. I didn’t know when I was actually falling for you. It’s just that every time when I’m around you I feel happier than I am. Not also you make me laugh; you make me feel that I’m not alone. I wasn’t sure how you were really feeling about me this whole time. Until I saw what you had on your wall, you had my pictures all over.�
He smiled when I said that and hugged me so hard. I pulled away and asked, “How much do you love me?�
Kawee kissed me on the lips again, “More than anything in this world. I’m never going to let you go away from my side ever.�
5 months later… I’m in New York City; I’m no longer working as an intern in Teen Vogue. I have my own line of clothing and I’m opening my shop pretty soon. It’s been awhile since I have seen Kawee. My birthday is coming up in 2 more days and I really have hopes that he’ll come.
2 days later… Today was my 21st birthday, I was happier than anything else because I knew Kawee was coming down here. I made new friends here and invited them over. My party was held at a restaurant called All’s In. It was 11:00 pm and I was outside waiting for Kawee. Minutes passing by and there was still no sign of him. It was getting close to midnight and I finally came to accept the fact that he wasn’t going to show up. I decided to go back inside, but as I was about too, I heard some body called out my name.
“Cream!� I turned to look and saw Kawee. But beside him, a beautiful lady was clinging onto him. He and the woman walked up to me.
“Happy Birthday,� he said. “I have something to tell you.�
“What is it?� I asked anxiously.
He looked at the woman and back at me, “Cream, this is my fiancée.�
With shock, I felt my body started shaking. I got so nervous that I felt I might pass out.
“Excuse me,� I said and went inside. I was crying so hard when I got inside. I didn’t know what to do. I was supposed to be happy because it was my birthday. Everybody who was dancing and talking all went silence when they saw me. Instead of seeing me happy and smiling, they saw me in tears. My friend and assistant May approach me. She hugged me and took me to a quiet place.
“What happen?� May asked.
“Kawee cheated on me,� I cried out.
“He did not,� she said.
“He did. If you don’t believe me go and see it for yourself!� I demanded. The next thing I knew, May dragged me back out. Kawee and the woman were still together. I saw Kawee eying me and right that moment his eyes were telling me something. I finally understood what was going on. He left the woman’s side and walked over to me. The moment he reached me, he grabbed me into his arms and kissed me passionately. Everybody there stood watching and cheering us. May stood aside laughing and shouted, “I told you he didn’t cheat on you!�
Kawee looked into my eyes and said softly, “I’m sorry dear, I was testing to see if you still cared for me.�
I pulled away and said angrily, “You’re not forgiven. Not also coming late, you prank me!�
“I’m sorry! I came late because I have a surprise for you.�
“What surprise?�
“Come here,� said Kawee and dragged me out of the restaurant. He blind folds me and took me inside the car and drove for a bit and stopped. He got out of the car and opened the door for me.
“Okay,� he exclaimed. “We’re here! Ready?�
Kawee slowly untie the handkerchief around my eyes. My eyes opened and came upon a store. The sign on the store said, “Cream’s Collection.� I turn to Kawee and jumped onto him and gave him a big kiss. “Thank you!� I said happily.
“Happy Birthday!� he said.
My 21st birthday went well. I got my dream store and the best birthday party ever! Kawee is the best thing that I have ever received in this life. He gave me more than anything. Not also love, but he changed for me. He promised that he will come back for me. What am I doing now? Well, I’m waiting for him to come back for me. He’s back at Krong Thep to start his own business.
4 years later… My name is Kawee and I’m 25 years old. I have been in a relationship for 5 years. Today, I’m getting married with my sweetheart. I’m at the park where the magic water fountain is. Beside me is the priest and in front of me are my family and my sweetheart’s family. We have friends and relatives from everywhere too. The music started and I saw my sweetheart coming down the aisle.
I’m walking down the aisle and I saw the man I have loved for 5 years waiting for me patiently. He was what I have always dreamed of. He was beside me along and gave me more than anybody did.
I took her hand as she reached me and whispered to her, “I love you!�
The priest started the ceremony and than ended with the phrase, “I now pronounce you wife and husband. You may now kiss the bride!�
We put the rings onto each other’s hand and than kissed. After everything was done, we both ran down the aisle to leave.
“Love has always been here for us. But we don’t know how to handle it. Your first love may never be your soul mate nor could you. It could be that annoying friend of yours or it is. We never know what is ahead of us or what’s best for us. But luck has always struck beside us. Before realizing things, it could’ve been too late already. I never got what I wanted nor had my wish granted. I lived until my last breath and realized life is complicated, but I enjoyed my life. I spent every of my days wisely. I lived and did what I had to do. I may not be happy as I thought I would be. But I tried my best and lived for it…� - Cream
My name is Kawee and I’m 25 years old. I have a girlfriend named Pueng. We have been dating for 2 years now. I’m at Cream’s funeral and reading her diary that Boy gave to me earlier. She passed away last night. She was really sick and lived her last breath without regretting it. She had loved me for 5 years now and I did not realize it. I too loved her, but I was in a relationship too and I didn’t want to break my girlfriend’s heart. What you read above was written by Cream. All of the above that you have read did happen, but it wasn’t me who did all those things above, it was Boy. Cream and Boy never broke up. Boy loved Cream very much and had all kinds of her photos on his wall. Cream did go to New York and work there. Boy did go to Cream’s 21st birthday and played a prank on her and gave her a shop as a birthday present. They did get married at the magic water fountain and lived together for a short while before Cream went away. I knew along that I loved Cream, but I never knew how she felt because she had always looked so happy with Boy. But today I know how she felt. I will love her like she loved me. I will love her until my last breath without regretting it.

THE END!

lilypha

sarNie Adult
why it is so sad? why she died? it is a big twist... but it is a good lesson of love with no regret... good story...