[JMovie]Rurouni Kenshin Live Action

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Dramacrazy will probably have it up. But I hate watching on stream sites. Either torrent or get a hard copy from yesasia. Or if I'm in the mood, I might just take a stroll down japantown when they release it in DVD lol.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I will say give it a few months and it should be available.. I'm desperately waiting for it.. *sniffsniff* watched the trailer so many times.. I miss Sato as RK.. boohoo, plus the new cast kicks butt too... because their betrayals don't look bad at all.

Sigh, the waiting periods sucks.. I wish they'd release this movie in American theaters too but nope.. :(

fun

Expired Sarnie
I feel like crying. It has only been release in theater over on the other side. A few months feel like eternity and I don't know what to say about waiting for the third installment. 

I have been watching trailers over and over too. 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
It has been 2 weeks since the 3rd part of the movie came out, and so far it's 2 weeks on the number 1 spot :)  I wonder how long it'll stay number one in theaters.  The 2nd movie did extremely well too, but Doraemon's movie topped it lol.

Omgahhh... the anticipation of waiting to see it is killing meeeeeeee @_________@

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Obviously they incorporated some elements of the Jinchu Arc into the third movie even if Enishi won't make an appearance.

Also, I liked Fukuyama Masaharu in Galileo, but I always imagined Seijiro Hiko to be a different kind of all manly sexiness. Heeeeee。Plus, he should look younger despite his age because the Hiten Mitsurigi style is supposed to be like "some kind of fountain of youth ??!!" LOL. *quotes yahiko and misao.

Well. Nevertheless. Still stoked.

dariey

sarNie Adult
how i miss my fave genre of movie.T^T
now i'm satisfying my thirst over the sword slicing and action with this latest movie trailer over and over again.seriously can't get enough over the fighting scene.when will i watch the full one TT^TT

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Can I cry?  I want to cry?. .. ..

Can I say the wait was worth it?  This sequel so does not disappoint!!!!  I must say that it started off a bit slow.. but the buildup of the storyline was great!!  The action scenes were awesome to watch... I would've loved it even more if the version I saw was clearer but I don't mind at all because I freaken... FREAKEN LOVE THE SEQUEL.  I personally feel that it does justice again to the manga... There's so many memorable quotes in here... from Shishio to Kenshin to Arai... dlkfjalk;fdj;aklfjlakfjlkafjklafjdlaks   Can I cry?  I loved it.  The build up of suspense ... *gulps*  The cast is superb as usual... *sniffsniff*

I can't wait to see the third part!!  Such a cliffhanger...!! and I need more action!!!!!

I so need to get myself a physical copy... I need it in my life... ahhhh..

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I'm sorry but.... since I just saw the sequel... I still have the hype for it... because it was that great to watch... My chest beats in excitement... *boohoo*

Sato Takeru.. once again, you portrayed Rurouni Kenshin superbly!  The fighting scenes were flawless... Oh how I missed "Oro, oro"

If I were to compare the first with this sequel ... They're both so awesome on their own already that I can't but love and enjoy them both too on the same level!! 

Oh my heart.... I need to see "The Legend Ends" soon to satisfy this hype and crave for the film.... oh oh oh...

I will probably be spazzing for awhile.... "so this is heartache??? so this is heartache???"  <---- One Ok Rock's song for RK:TLE is totally matching me right now... :( 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I know that there will always be mixed review about the movie doing justice or not to the film.. etc.. because in reality.. it'll be hard to fill every little details from the Kyoto arc.  I think their choice of scenes/parts to use for film usage is acceptable.. because the plot still flows and it's quite smooth while at it.

slkdfjalksdjfkldjfakldjfalksdjfalk   I just want to say that.. this film is still enjoyable to watch regardless :)

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Omg !!! Eddie Peng !!!!! Girrreeeeeeeeedddddd!!!!!! Sorry off-topic. I go baaa whenever l see him . Slightly exaggerating but he's my current major crush. Hahahaha. I'm going watch his new movie with sister this weekend.

Sigh.

You know about RK. I have to admit although I appreciate it, I don't love it. But since it was my favorite childhood sweetheart of all anime and manga- naturally I'd tune in no matter what. It's like how I love gdyb so much and for so long that I click "like" before I even finished watching their new mv. Okay. Actually before I even StaRT watching it. It just makes me happy to see them together and that's enough. 5555 Whooo !

dariey

sarNie Adult
everytime i watch jmovie the only thing that i will put my focus would be everything EXCEPT romance.it did give me emotional & 'butterfly' effect but not as much as during the fighting scene.the intense feeling,the emotion and facial expression that the cast present, the sword sound, the edit thing and so on all those thing can make me go totally crazy and droll over it that i can even cry on them and i would put my double attention over those scene.
that is why jmovie will always be my no 1 when it come to historical,action and editing.

the manga and anime storyline was ok together with the humor but it didn't give me much excited feeling over the drawing of watsuki nobuhiro(i'm sorry sensei..>_<) as much as i like kamijyo akimine drawing and storyline also.thats why i just read the manga here and there but still finish it until the end.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
mintwix said:
Omg !!! Eddie Peng !!!!! Girrreeeeeeeeedddddd!!!!!! Sorry off-topic. I go baaa whenever l see him . Slightly exaggerating but he's my current major crush. Hahahaha. I'm going watch his new movie with sister this weekend.

Sigh.

You know about RK. I have to admit although I appreciate it, I don't love it. But since it was my favorite childhood sweetheart of all anime and manga- naturally I'd tune in no matter what. It's like how I love gdyb so much and for so long that I click "like" before I even finished watching their new mv. Okay. Actually before I even StaRT watching it. It just makes me happy to see them together and that's enough. 5555 Whooo !

Wahhh which movie?  Rise of the Legend? or Fleet of Time?  I think Eddie is one of the few talented Chinese actors who can portray and pull off their role characters... I think that's why I love and adore him :3 :D  Have fun~~~

I love RK, but ... it wouldn't be considered my #1 anime/manga.. it's somewhere down the ladder but.. it holds a dear special spot to me since I was a fan since little..  hence.. I can't help but support it and craze/hype about it :3  I understand you... hehe.  It's just like my love for Naruto.. I supported that darn anime/manga for so long that.. it's one of my favorites but.... I totally know it's not my #1 anime/manga either... I supported it all along because I grew up with it... I spent over a decade supporting it that I had to support it even to the end :p haha.  Oh the dedication that we dedicate ourselves too... *sniffsniff*  I doubt I would of have been a big fan of it if I didn't support it when I was younger... There's so many fillers that are pointless at times... that really makes you wonder if it's worth it to continue on with the anime... It's just that I put in so much time already for the manga/anime that I'll feel it's a waste if I don't continue on through with it... :(

dariey said:
everytime i watch jmovie the only thing that i will put my focus would be everything EXCEPT romance.it did give me emotional & 'butterfly' effect but not as much as during the fighting scene.the intense feeling,the emotion and facial expression that the cast present, the sword sound, the edit thing and so on all those thing can make me go totally crazy and droll over it that i can even cry on them and i would put my double attention over those scene.
that is why jmovie will always be my no 1 when it come to historical,action and editing.

the manga and anime storyline was ok together with the humor but it didn't give me much excited feeling over the drawing of watsuki nobuhiro(i'm sorry sensei..>_<) as much as i like kamijyo akimine drawing and storyline also.thats why i just read the manga here and there but still finish it until the end.

We don't really see the wacky/funny Kenshin much in the film... so I feel that he has this cooler/darker side to him at times when watching him... which I don't mind at all because I feel that I'll get to see wicked cool action scenes.. and I did.. haha!  I'm a fan of Japanese history and if samurais or ninjas are included somewhere.. I jump the boat because I want to see the action too :p

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Omg gah ! Julie, you just have to mention fillers !! Thinking of fillers-- Fillers are what cheated RK fans out of savoring the Jinchuu Arc !

RK was doing so well but the ratings dropped just bc the production team decided they couldn't wait for Watsuki to finish his next installment. It's not canon and that's what hurts. It's just like that Reflection OVA where Watsuki had no part in the production but the company went ahead and wanted to milk the franchise anyway. I know ppl enjoyed that OVA but I couldn't lol. Even the creator himself did not approve of that ending for Kenshin. But to be on topic, he does very much approve of sato takeru and the live action films lol. It's like nobody can't help but love kenshin and takeru. Hahaha. I'm going all over the place.

But yes, you got it right. Specifically when it comes to RK, for me, it's childhood memories. If it weren't part of my childhood memories, I'm not sure if I'd tune in since I actually don't watch anime/read manga very much now.

About Eddie. Hehehehehekejekeje. I wish sooo badly it was Rise of Legend but I'll savor what I can get. Fleet of Time is showing in select theaters in the States so it's this one. I think it's going to be a tearjerker and I'm not into all that genre but you know... I'm not gonna let that kill my vibe. 55555 Thanks ! Going tomolooo!!!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I really dislike it when things aren't canon.. Gahhh....

Let's be thankful and blessed that the creator approved of the film... And Takeru.. Hehehe, yes yes :D

Enjoy the film!! I'll be waiting for your review? Ahahaha XD ... Go Eddie!

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Do you want a detailed review or just a short verdict? Lol.

I know people focus on different things when watching a film/drama. Some people give a lot of credit to the beautiful cinematography, the choreography, some people praise the music score, some people become awed by the talented actors and their chemistry, etc etc. But for me, my main focus is always first the story and characters. Oh and of course the themes in the drama. I can watch bad actors as long as the story is good. I can watch poor quality films with bogus costumes as long as long the story touches m. I'm just saying..... If I'm gonna give a review, it'll probably be very spoiler-ish story-wise and I know some people don't want to be spoiled like that. Lol.

Since Eddie was the one who piqued my interest though, I'll have to say right here, right now that....Sigh~~ The man doesn't disappoint. Smh. His expressions are just ooouuuhhh ! uhmmmmmm ! aowwww ! He' just so damn good at what he does. Smh. Personally, I don't find many people who can be so cute, hot, and sexy at the same time. Smh~~~~~~~ Though I have to warn that around the middle of the story you probably won't like his character very much. The dilemmas that the two main characters faced could have been easily solved if only thy trusted each other more, had better communication, was willing to compromise and had been more honest with their feelings before they made an irreversible decision. You might be turned off if .... Might. Might not. Being vague here lest I give too many specifics. There are a few mature themes.

[I can say so much more but it's totally unrelated to RK so I don't mind if you delete this entire comment. Honest. I really don't mind. As long as you read it.]

My favorite scene will probably be in the very beginning when Ni Ni's character screams "let's break up." I mean: "Let's break up!" Should probably be heartbreaking words but Eddie's character received it with the most adorable, dorkish smile everrrr. When you watch it, you'll understand why he had a positive reaction. 5555 That whole scene felt like a ball and a circus at the same time. 5555 There were also some unique hilarity that I haven't seen duplicated in other films. Like the bubble gum/condom scene.

A little bit about my theatre experience ... My sister actually cried and I believe I heard a few sniffs in the audience but I didn't turn to look.... Lol. Anyway, when we got out of the theatre room and when I can see her face in the light... My sister was like Rudolf.... her nose was red.... Hahaha. So not only Eddie, but I think we can say Ni Ni did a fine job as well. This was my first time watching her but I read she's also great in her other films.

Whether or not it is your cup of tea, I think everyone can find something to appreciate about the film. It's a beautiful, solid film. I mean, even though I wasn't moved to tears, I think I made good use of my 2 hours.

Also. It started out very beautifully too, lemme say. The way the camera moved, it felt as if I was walking inside the film with the characters. Nods****

Edit: Also, it's debatable. But I think the ending was neither "happy" nor "sad."

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Thanks for your review~~ I'm looking forward to watching it now... :(  I haven't seen any of NiNi's work either but like you, I did read good reviews of her..  As for Eddie, he really hasn't disappoointed me with his acting, since he's always improving.. I'm just happy that he takes on many different roles... and he portrays them well too..... I can totally picture that dorkish smile of his during that break up scene...  :p

I'm actually a very emotional person.. so I can tear up easily... (if I find them to be saddening or tearjerking somewhat).. I might be like your sister at the end of the day with rudolph's nose hehe.

From the seeing the trailer alone... I already liked the camera work... That's actually what pulled me in too, besides Eddie :p

Goodness, we're so off topic... hehe.. can't help it :p

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Yes. We are. Lol. So I promise this will be my last comment being OT.

If you don't mind being visually spoiled just a tiny weeny bit. I just want to share this instagram clip cuz I love Eddies's expressions. Lol. It's from what I called the ball/circus scene where Eddie smiles dorkishly. I swear, it must be many ppl's favorite scene because that was one of the 2 or so times everyone laughed in unison during the entire movie. Not only from my personal experience but in almost all of the mini-mini-mini clips fans leaked out. Lol.

When you get to watch it in all it's full glory - esp in the big screen- it's even more funny. The whole scene was just orchestrated in such a way that it feels "lively" and "fun" in there. My words won't be able to do the scene justice bc yes it's the camera work and other visual effects. And music. Lol. (Though there is no chipmunk audio effect in the actual movie, it's still funny :p)

Since the movie was recently out, there aren't many reviews yet. And even though it's been highly successful so far, you know there will always be critics. I have a feeling a few people probably won't like the characters as the movie progresses. So if this is the case for you, you might not cry if you don't sympathize with the characters ! Hahahaha. Bc a lot of the things that happened were really the consequences of the their own choices and actions anyway. It's not tragic. Just regretful. Then again, the acting is pretty top notched so... I'm getting carried away. Lol. But yeah. Everyone is different. My sister is rather sensitive so she was moved.

Either way, it's a beautiful film. :)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Ohhhh, thanks for sharing that clip!!!ahaha, I cracked up at the hamster voices but... oh.... that dorkish smile of Eddie is even better than what I expected or imagine... oh the urge.. I so gotta go catch it in theaters... Why am I so far away from those places... LA or the Bay area... wahhh...

I truly didn't know that this film was going to be playing in selected theaters here... I only knew of "Women who Flirt" with Huang Xiao Ming was... I would love to support these 2 actors and their films... sigh... :(  Oh what to do.. what to do... :(

I truly appreciate seeing that clip.  THANKS AGAIN :D