[K-Drama] Summer Scent

kitkat

sarNie Elites

Synopsis:

Art director Min-Woo (played by Song Seung-Heon) lost his fiancée in a car accident. Later, on a trip to the mountains, he meets florist Hye-Won (played by Son Ye-Jin) and falls in love with her. Hye-Won had received a heart transplant, and coincidentally it was the heart of Min-Woo's late girlfriend.

From the first moment they meet, Min-Woo and Hye-Won are attracted to one other and the attraction continues to deepen. But Min-Woo is also loved by Park Jeong-A (played by Han Ji-Hye), while Hye-Won is the object of Park Jeong-Jae's affection (played by Ryoo Jin). Adding to the tragic twist of fate, Jeong-A and Jeong-Jae are brother and sister. The destinies of these four are sadly and ironically intertwined. Min-woo and Hye-Won do not act on their feelings however, out of consideration for Jeong-A and Jeong-Jae. Meanwhile, Hye-Won learns that she had received the heart of Min-Woo's late fiancée and tries to convince herself that Min-Woo is still emotionally attached to the dead woman. Even though they are in love, they cannot commit to a relationship because of Min-Woo's feelings for the dead fiancée as well as for others members of their group who are concerned for them.

When problems arise with Hye-Won's new heart, she is hospitalized. Min-Woo blames himself. Wishing Hye-Won and Jeong-Jae a happy future together, he leaves Korea. As Hye-Won's condition worsens and she feels there is no hope of survival, she lets Min-Woo know that she is dead. While he is abroad, Min-Woo learns that Hye-Won died, which causes him great heartache. He is not aware that Hye-Won has received another heart transplant, this time an artificial one, and miraculously recovers. A few years later, Min-Woo returns to Korea. Outside a concert hall, concert-goers hold umbrellas in the pouring rain. As people climb up and down the stairs, Min-Woo and Hye-Won accidentally meet. The two feel their hearts beating again and realize that their feelings of love were true. And this time, Hye-Won's heart is her own - not the heart of Min-Woo's late girlfriend.

Credits: Idol-Unlimited (pic) + Soompi (summary) + pic uploaded by me [kitkat]

------------------------------------------------

I had finished this drama recently and it took me 2 days to watch all 20 episodes. :sweat: It's very addicting to watch especially SSH is sooo hot and SYJ reminds me of HGI (Han Ga In).

At first, I was hesitated to watch this one because i wasn't into triangle love dramas. However, SSH and SYJ are the one who kept me watching it even few last episodes dragged but I actually enjoyed it. :) I'm glad to know SSH and SYJ because SSH got me from Autumn In My Heart... I'm impressed with his character in there and this one is even better. As for SYJ, at first I don't even bother to know her but after watching her acting in this drama, one word I can say is WOW. :wub:

You know I'm a huge fan of HJH (Han Ji Hye) but for the first time ever, I finally dislike her in this drama! :angry: But I guess she acted out her character in this drama very well. :D Also it's very first time for me to see her bad side because her movies and other dramas I always see her in a sweet and innocent characters except this. BRAVO!

I so recommend you to watch this drama! :w000t: Even the ending isn't great but it shows you that love is beyond amazing. :wub: :wub:

You can download this drama from Idol-Unlimited so here's direct link:
Summer Scent Episodes 01-20

By the way, I think SSH is my new obession. :lol:

Oh yeah, whoever saw this... What you think of this drama? :)

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
it was enjoyable the first time i watch it....i don't really like Song Seung Heon hairstyle in this drama...but my cuz was like he is so cute with that hair style... :p Son Ye Jin was pretty in here though...

kitkat

sarNie Elites
^Yeah, SSH's hair isn't great either especially the clothes... I hate it that he wore those gay-looking outfits except outfits as the cover picture up there... He looks sooo great in it! I like his hair from Autumn In My Heart better but he still looks good along those kind of outfits.

SYJ, she really looks pretty... Every time I watch her acting... She always reminds me of HGI because she looks like so much alike as HGI. O.O

I even cried so hard where they tried their best to seperate themselve from each other but it just makes them coming into each other often. I hate SYJ's fiancee/ex-boyfriend in this drama... He pissed me off where he couldn't accept the fact but I can understand his feeling that he knows her for so long about more than 10 years... They could have been friends as brother/sister instead of being lovers so SYJ can go with SSH. I know this drama needs conflicts...<_< Mostly, HJH is the one pissed me off because her attempts and bribes, too. *sighhh I can watch it again. =)

kitkat

sarNie Elites
^Definitely!!! I love everything about him... His face just attracts me especially the smile he has. :wub:

I wish there's more to it at ending even though it's obvious. It should be like SYJ's different heart transplant still recogzines SSH's without doubts then go talking to him but it's just staring then finished. <_< But I guess the director wants us to think of our predicts on our own because it's all about fate and destiny.

numfon

sarNie Adult
oooh..i have the dvd. i love it..but i only watched it once. sometimes it's just too depressing for me. lol i LOOOVE the storyline! i always fall for these sappy-meant to be-amazing love series. ..i HATE love triangles, though..even though i know they just gotta be pushed in the storyline somewhere to make it a...well..drama. i watched the whole series in one night. :lol: well...i'm a big fat "ffwder". :p i LOVE the locations..omg..i so wanna go to those places. :wub:

...don't even get me started on the characters around them. lol practically EVERYONE pissed me off, but the two leading characters. -_- (just like Autumn In My Heart!)

the ending ...my gosh..no comment. -_- my face..was literally like --->:huh:

the OST!!! i LOVE the song Secret...:wub:

anyway, yeah. so that's my crappy review on this series. i'd give it 7/10..

-1pt for annoying characters and love triangles
-1pt for dragging a bit
-1pt for dull ending. (they could've at least WALKED toward each other and smiled..but they just...STARED! ...geez. >_<)

kitkat

sarNie Elites
numfon said:
oooh..i have the dvd. i love it..but i only watched it once. sometimes it's just too depressing for me. lol i LOOOVE the storyline! i always fall for these sappy-meant to be-amazing love series. ..i HATE love triangles, though..even though i know they just gotta be pushed in the storyline somewhere to make it a...well..drama. i watched the whole series in one night. :lol: well...i'm a big fat "ffwder". :p i LOVE the locations..omg..i so wanna go to those places. :wub:

...don't even get me started on the characters around them. lol practically EVERYONE pissed me off, but the two leading characters. -_- (just like Autumn In My Heart!)

the ending ...my gosh..no comment. -_- my face..was literally like --->:huh:

the OST!!! i LOVE the song Secret...:wub:

anyway, yeah. so that's my crappy review on this series. i'd give it 7/10..

-1pt for annoying characters and love triangles
-1pt for dragging a bit
-1pt for dull ending. (they could've at least WALKED toward each other and smiled..but they just...STARED! ...geez. >_<)
[post="115970"][/post]​
lol we have same points on this drama. but it's still enjoyable, isn't it? hehe yeah i could watch it again but it's tooo depressing... it made me cried a lot whenever i see SSH struggles with SYJ. =(

bi-lover

sarNie Egg
omg!!! i can't believe i finished watching this drama... it sucks.. the ending was the only part that makes my heart jumps a little--you know-- besides that he was not that great in here, his hair is funky, the way he dresses was weird... i thought the girl was pretty good looking. she has that good girl look going on for her!!!! i gave this drama c-

numkob

sarNie Hatchling
i'm kind of confused at the end...did they get each other?...it looks like it but i'm not sure...i somewhat thinks that the story line is okay....is it that they made the heart problem into a big deal...