[KBS2] Spy Myung Wol

pink-lily

sarNie Hatchling
this drama just barely aired. EPS 1 is recently traslated. After watching the first ep i gathered that it's about:

a spy-Myung Wol (played by han ye seul) from the north who got kicked out of her secret agent team bc she ruined their secret plan to steal a part of this acient book consist of 3...or was it 5 book altogether... oh well...anyways. Eric plays a popular stars named Kang Wo in south korea who happens to win the bid of this book. So Myung wol goes to the south, initially to get the book back but ends up saving Kangwo from an accident....ends of ep...

ok my summary of the ep wasn't all that good...but the drama seems to be pretty good. It had a good pace and i love the songs that they played at the end of the episode LOL...it goes so well with the way Eric hides under the sheets with han ye seul LOL love the reaction.

check it out

pink-lily

sarNie Hatchling
OMG y isn't anyone responding to his drama...it's getting really good!!! If you haven't seen it u should really go check it out! share your thoughts please LOL

besides that it's kinda funny and exciting to watch.

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile

Title: Spy Myung Wol
AKA: 스파이 명월 / Myung Wol the Spy
Previously known as: Beautiful Spy
Chinese Title : 间谍明月
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama
Episodes: 16
Broadcast Network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2011-July-11 to 2011-Aug-30
Air time (KST): Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Synopsis

An elite North Korean spy, Han Myung Wol, and her partner, Choi Ryu, infiltrates South Korea on a mission to disrupt the Hallyu Wave by kidnapping one of their top stars, Kang Woo. Despite her proficiency at her job, Myung Wol’s one weakness is her uncontrollable curiosity. Hijinks ensue when she falls in love with Kang Woo instead.

Credit: http://asiancinematic.com/Korean-Dramas/Spy-Myung-Wol.html

I'm currently on Episode 4. I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to post or even try to catch up on this drama. It's a funny drama so far! I mean you know that it can't be anything but funny -- What kind of mission is it to go and kidnap a South Korean Hallyu star. LMAO. Also you can't go wrong when Eric looks so yummy-licious.. in Episode 1 too. I'm digging his body and his hair cut.. but I'm not really liking the red color on him.

Why do I have a feeling that even with Kang Woo innocence.. could he be a spy too? I mean you don't understand anything about his past.. with is dad dying young.. her dad dying young.... Why does he need that book?? Those books are such a central part to the drama and I think the true part of the mission....

Please join in watching. I'm enjoying my korean romantic comedy drama at the moment after such a wonderful rom-com of Greatest Love. I need my Korean Rom-Com and this definitely fills in the void in my life. LOL :)

pink-lily

sarNie Hatchling
thank god someone is smart enough to watch this drama LMAO J/k

anyways, just finished eps 5 and 6 n OMG I am so into it. I laughed so hard and loud in my room that my family thought i was crazy from the livingroom. Love the innocent first time feeling from Han Myul gol. she's so cute, though kinda robotic. She's funny and i love Eric, he's so sweet to her though he's unpredictable as well.

sigh, ep 6 ended with so much questions and anger. watch it if u wanna know what i mean.

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile

I love this song from the drama. I'm a bit sad that there isn't a lot of distinct songs in this drama.. but I feel that when this drama gets to the heartbreaking scenes.. if they put this song on I know it will touch my heart... this song seems so saaddd.. but I LOVE it!

I just finished Episode 4. I think in this episode we get more of a feel for the characters. Even though Kang Woo is a jerk all the time.. he can be so hard to decipher and I totally understand why it frustrates Myung Wol. The funniest part in this episode was when she was practicing saying "Oppa". I was LMAO. So funny!!!! What's with the ending stuff... like they were on a date?? Is it possible scenes in a episode to come? If so.. CUTE!!! Can't wait!!!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS... Teasers.. for episodes to come??

pink-lily

sarNie Hatchling
LOL I know huh the part where she was practicing OPPA was hecka funny. I like this drama a lot bc it's so funny and cute. Myug wol is kinda slow at understanding love and emotions and feelings but that's what makes the drama funny and cute at the same time hehehehehe.

I think the preview at the end is a mv not so sure because i don't see those part in the next episode. The only part i see is the part she was running at the beach with him LOL

the next two parts are wayyyy more funny and sad T_T

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
Okay, seriously episodes 5 & 6 were awesome. The best part was when she starts liking him... and she starts trying to avoid him and he thinks it's cause he was being mean to her. I was practically ROFL on the scene where they were practicing fighting with the sticks and he as always was so cocky and she totally kicked his ass. HAHAHA just thinking about that scene is making me giggle. The funniest thing was when she hit him on the head.. he's on the floor groaning and moaning from the pain and she just walks away!!! HAHAHAHHA LOL.

Wow, talk about her comrade Ryu.. he is so fine! I mean when that guy wears that button up shirt.. he is smoking hot! I think I have a weakness for guys in button up shirt sleeves. he also looks great in suits too. I see that the next few episodes should have more of Ryu and Myung Wol.. yes i'm horrible, sneak peeking at episodes 7 & 8.. but I'm going to watch Ep7 tonight. They seriously have to do something about Eric's wardrobe. I hate him in those tank/sleeveless loose shirt. it does NOTHING to compliment his delicious body!

I really think In Ah's character is such a waste. She doesn't do much to the story. I think now a days Korean drama keeps having that biatch/exlover/etc that is in a drama that doesn't contribute to the drama but they have them.. just because that's how korean drama has always been. For instance.. Lie To Me..the brother.. yes he helped the story because he was such a baby by always hitting on big brother's lovers.. but after it jumpstarts the leading couple's story... he wasn't practically un-needed for the rest of the drama... Korean drama should just drop them when they serve their part to the story instead of using them for unnecessary scenes. haha just ranting at the moment. :D

Sorry 2herojj I'm lagging a lot, but I'm still watching and it seems like we're the only two active watcher on sarnworld :)

A MV with scenes from the first couple episodes with Eng Sub of the sweet & sad song that I LOVE ;)

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
Episode 7---
I thought was just okay. What I'm confused about was the whole kidnapping scene... didn't make any sense unless I was too stupid. Why did they want to kidnap Kang woo in the first place? I mean.. doesn't Kang Woo kinda question like.. wth, myung wol could've gotten out of the situation without me being there? okay.. just a filler episode, nothing quite significant happened.. except that he kinda accepts that he is starting to like her.. cause he starts missing her since she's not at the house.

Episode 8--
Was fantastic! i loved this episode. Especially the part that Myung Wol and Ryu were acting like they were a couple to make Kang Woo jealous. Lots of good and funny LOL scenes! OMG, there was this one scene.. the part where kang Woo and Myung Wol comes back from their date (in singapore) and In Ah and Ryu are waiting for them in the hotel hallway... RYU's eyes never strayed from Myung Wol such an intense look. I like Ryu more and more. They need to develop KAng woo more.. his character is getting so dull... always the same stuff.. liking myung wol and being mean to her.. telling her to get out of his face.. same thing for the last few episodes!

I really hope the next episode picks up again.....

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
So the site where I download this drama is taking forever for the subtitle... so just to fill my time.. I'm watching Shinhwa MV. lol

Just thought I'll share one!

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
I was going to give this drama a try but after reading all the news about Han Ye Seul not showing up to film and going to LA and not coming back. I think I'm going to skip this drama....Feel sorry for the cast and Eric.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Dancy I was planning to watch it but stop myself because of the controversy. It is very unprofessional of her to do that. She's selfish. There are staff members, writers, actors, actresses, supporters waiting on her. I know she has issues with the producer but walking out like that was not cool.

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
OMG, this news is on every forum I've been at. I don't really care much for all this media stuff.. she's back, let's just get on with this drama. As much as I don't LOVE this drama, I don't HATE it enough to quit half way. I want to see how things get concluded in the drama... so I for one am happy that she is back for filming despite all the things she put everybody in. It would be worst if she never came back.. cause a new actress = worst... trying to step into the shoe of the Han Ye Seul's character.. the buildup of the chemistry... the feel of the drama would be so different. so thank goodness she's back.

pink-lily

sarNie Hatchling
sorry queen bee

i think i'm the one being missed here more lol

anyways, yeah i liked the drama more than heartstrings because i had more laughs watching it and like the speed of the story.

the news, really? she did that?! i don't think she's selfish, unless we know she really is at fault. Maybe the producer put her through crap and she probably need the time to clear her mind. I think that's best for everyone than the worst like some other actresses in the past who commited suicide bceause they couldn't handle the situation

anyways, i'm glad she's back.

Dancy and Fun fun you guys should watch it, don't let that get to you, we are just audiences, fans and etc, we don't know who is good n bad in the real ET world beause it's like the more fame n money you have the more power you have n the report will most likely be on their side. In by all means, its always rumors whether it's true or not.

anyways...sigh...i need to finish this drama too lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
I didn't say I was not going to watch this. I am just waiting until it is over. Like they had to hault the progression of the drama because of her. I didn't want to wait on her. If that is not selfish then, I don't know what to say. If she had that much problem, she could have deal with it in a better manner. If I did that, I would have been fired on the spot.

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
Episode 10 ending... is great! I had to keep watching it over and over again.. i love Eric's acting here the most. His emotions.. that guy can really do the angst, hurt, and frustration part well. However.. I do think that ending part is out of place.. it would fit very well if he had already found out she is a spy but since he hasn't.. the feelings kang woo evoked shouldn't have been that strong.. but i guess they were so into their roles that they started feeling every part of the lines.

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
Episode 11 -- It's funny how this was the episode where they only completed 40% of the work before Han Ye Seul left for LA.. and the real drama began.. anyways i'm not talking about that lame crap that went on in the real world of filming this drama.. i'm here to rant about the episode. LOL. anyways, it's funny how this episode is so complete without having Han Ye Seul to help them do a full episode. I felt that this episode was one of their stronger episode. Perhaps.. without having Han Ye Seul there.. they had to do without.. therefore.. having unnecessary fill screen time for the episode.. clearly you do feel her absence at the end of the episode.. for instance..where Ryu finds her collapsed in the hallway outside her apt (clearly that was not her! :D) and also at the end of episode 11 ---- DO NOT READ.. *** SPOILER ALERT *** -- Kangwoo admits to the whole wide world that he loves Myung Wol.. yes.. she was missing for like a third of the ending.. soooooo... in spite of her absence, I still enjoyed this episode. The only part I hated... was that the epic ending of episode 10 transitioned..poorly! into this episode opening. I wanted something powerful again.. but it was a bit missing..but we do see a frustrated teary eyed kang woo.. that broke my heart because he was so confused and frustrated with his feeling.. oh my kang woo. i love you! :)

Episode 12 -- most significant about this episode was their date! They are way cute together. Their date encompassed about 2/3rd of this episode. But I suppose after all the tug and pull.. it was nice to see them happy together.. even though it only lasted until the end of this episode (very expected of Korean Drama! LOL). of course, you get a lovey dovey Kang Woo.. but you still get a bit of the before "I FELL IN LOVE" Kang Woo. That arrogant bastard... making her confess to him I LOVE YOU, like billion time. that was such a cute scene :) There were two heart killing scenes for me here.. SPOILER ALERT~!!! When In Ah tells Myung Wol that Ryu likes Myung Wol to her face.. nobody has ever done said it.. so it was definitely big news to Myung Wol who is the only innocent party bc everybody knows.. kang woo, in ah, and ryu. any ways, when ryu confronts myung wol... coming out of the restaurant room.. silence spokes volume here for a quick second or two! Ryu.. that guy you can feel all the emotions through his eyes.. got to love him! The second scene that wretched my heart is of course the ending scene... when Kang woo is about to surprise Myung Wol, holding the ring he faked propose to her in an earlier episode.. and he finds her with the 4 joint book! AHHHHH! WHY?! Oh.. WHY?! Here comes the conflict of the drama.. yes that's right, 12 episodes late! LOL

Hahaha I feel that I can't leave this drama alone.. even though it seems that no one else is following this drama with me. lol

MiSs_Kay

sarNie Hatchling
This was the first Korean drama I've ever watched. Didn't have any cool Thai ones to watch during the time so I decided to give Korean dramas a try. I have to say that I'm glad I chose to watch this drama because it is really good. It's cute, funny, and romantic. Also, Eric Moon is so hot. Head to toe hot. I think I fell in love with him. hahahaha. Shout outs to all the Eric fans out there! haha.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Believe it or not, I attempted this drama 5 times before I decided to progress INTO the drama. I was in a very tough situation. I LOVE Eric, but not so much Ye Seul. I don't know, I never liked her. She's not lead actress material; she doesn't look like one and she most definitely doesn't act like one (I mean her acting, not her personal self haha). Anyway, if it wasn't for Eric this drama would've be out the door, but because I was desperate for some Eric drama I HAD to watch it.

I partially liked the storyline, but it's mostly ridiculous and...cheesy. Eric's character didn't have to be a popstar (I don't like it when the lead character is a famous popstar or something, it's just not my cup of tea), so I had a hard time liking Kang Woo. Ye Seul made her character look dumb, and she's suppose to be some special agent/spy...? The main plot started out good, but midway or is it a little further than midway (?), they drifted away from it. The drama dragged and dragged and in the end, instead of getting a proper closure...they leave us with loose strings. What happened to those books? Why were they needed by N. Korean special force? Why were they important? Why did Kang Woo want them?? I'm upset and disappointed with how they ended the drama, it seemed rushed to me.

Oh well. It was bad, but it wasn't TOO bad. Although, the drama would've turned out better had the lead actress been someone else other than Ye Seul.