KIMMY or lao version of Film?

juicyfruit

sarNie Elites
I found this new on etasia and I discover his song!!! not bad at all!! Does anyone know him???

They'r comparing him with Film!

Record Company boss slams Thai magazine

Indee Records President Anoulack Pathammavong attacked a Thai magazine over its criticism of the young singer Ounthavan Sengdavan, also known as Kimmy, countering the criticism by d escribing Kimmy's work as the “Real modern Lao music style.�

The argument began when Star News magazine claimed that Kimmy copied his music, dance and clothing styles from famous Thai popstar Rathapoom Tohkongsrup, known to fans as Film.

Anoulack described the comments as a “Tissue of lies�, adding that the music styles of the rival stars were polar opposites, Film's music being in the ‘Modern J' song style, whereas Kimmy tends to lean more towards pop, dance, and rock.

Kimmy has been promoted as the new face of Indee Records, with his debut CD released three months ago, and is already hugely popular among Lao listeners, particularly teenage girls, thanks to his good looks and smooth voice.

Ms Lakky from Europe-Asia College said “Film is also popular among Lao teens because he is handsome, but so is Kimmy, and so most Lao teens think of Kimmy as the Film of Laos .�

She added that this was not because of any similarities in looks or style, just that Film was popular among Thai and Lao teens before Kimmy.

Unfortunately Star News picked up on the ‘Film of Lao' description and printed a completely un-researched article saying that everything that Kimmy has done in music, dance and style was stolen from his Thai competitor. It continued that even his clothes and hair style were copied from Film.

“It is very good that foreign magazines are interested in our music, but where they got the information about our singer is a mystery, the writer should know the truth first,� said Anousack.

Kimmy asked “Have these people even listened to my music yet? It's completely different from Film, as is my dancing. My friends and I created our own dance styles as well as learning from international dancers, but not from him.

Star News should check their information before they write this stuff�

By Souknilundon Southivongnorath
(Latest Update December 06, 2005)

Here's the site to listen to his song it's not full but u can have the taste of his album! I like it!!

https://laopromotion.com/catalog2/product_i...1b8624563657eba

p.s. if anyone have his album, can you plz share??!

Keomany

Music.heal.All
i mean both are artist and doing their own thing why is all of a sudden they are being compare...i hate it

missjoy

sarNie Elites
his songs are pretty good.. thought I don't think he's as cute as film.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
thx for the news yea i heard about this his not film for sure i mean his not copying or anything just called that laos are changing they become the more the new generation which is great soon they going to be lakorns lol his not that bad looking but his name sorry but ewwwwwww kimmy why don't put dannie or Tao soemthign cool

Keomany

Music.heal.All
yea i dont see him copying film in anyway and i bet film dont like this rumor cuz it makin both of them look bad

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Kimmy looks like a typical Lao guy to me. And Film isnt all that hot either, just to me....ok girls? LOL i know a lot of you thinks he's hot. And NO, it does not look like Kimmy is coping Film. If the clothes fits you and looks good on you, then wear it. They didnt make clothes just for one person to wear. And the dancing thing, i know many entertainers have gotten their moves from other entertainers at one point...

Keomany

Music.heal.All
yea i totally agree Sandy I am Film is not a bad looking guy but I dont see how this topic could bring up kimmy look nothing like Film

thoyting

sarNie Hatchling
damn reporters always comparing people to one another.. just so they can start problems... both are two different people with two different style...

Film is Film and Kimmy is Kimmy... they don't knew to compare.. one is a thai star and one is a Laos star.. leave it at that... but I guess the reporters just love to talk shiet!

Vanida

Save World Save Life
thoyting said:
damn reporters always comparing people to one another.. just so they can start problems... both are two different people with two different style...

Film is Film and Kimmy is Kimmy... they don't knew to compare.. one is a thai star and one is a Laos star.. leave it at that... but I guess the reporters just love to talk shiet!
[post="58823"][/post]​
true just b/c they judge Laos people since we not rich and don't have control over them stop making Laos look so bad when we do look bad back then they not dogs they human like us and tell u the truth that film is not cute and act gay in pix so anyways just my opion not saying shit about him or anything sick and tired of asain freaks can't get along urggggggg..........does it bother they dumb ass face thats the country stay off or love it

Keomany

Music.heal.All
thoyting said:

[post="58823"][/post]​
is this the Thoyting I think.....lol