Lao

Keomany

Music.heal.All
vilasaeng said:
Who in here want to go and live and rebuild Lao....

Me I want to go and make Lao a better place. Take the knowledge I know and pass it on....
[post="7631"][/post]​

yep same here i wanted to see lao as a better place...not what everyone think of it like....

someone need to step up fast and soon

White Lotus

sarNie Elites
donna said:
everyone would like to help our country grow and become modernized but first they gotta over throw the government. they need to have a by the ppl for the ppl thing going on. they need to run out them communists and start a government like what we have here in the States...love my nationality to death but we are so far behind in everything and it sucks!
[post="24491"][/post]​
I so agree with you girl. First, my dream was to finish school and go help my country. I want to open a clinic there myself. But when i thought about it, the communist thingy always pop up into my head. Those people don't even want to improve our country. They're also jealousy people. They'll probably put me down by saying why the h*** i'm going back to my country for. I don't know. i just hope someone can get rid of those communist people. <_<

Keomany

Music.heal.All
White Lotus said:
I so agree with you girl. First, my dream was to finish school and go help my country. I want to open a clinic there myself. But when i thought about it, the communist thingy always pop up into my head. Those people don't even want to improve our country. They're also jealousy people. They'll probably put me down by saying why the h*** i'm going back to my country for. I don't know. i just hope someone can get rid of those communist people. <_<
[post="27982"][/post]​
i was thinkin the same thing but more of dealing with the government and the issue

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Keomany Posted Oct 18 2005, 10:18 PM
QUOTE(White Lotus @ Oct 14 2005, 07:38 PM)
I so agree with you girl. First, my dream was to finish school and go help my country. I want to open a clinic there myself. But when i thought about it, the communist thingy always pop up into my head. Those people don't even want to improve our country. They're also jealousy people. They'll probably put me down by saying why the h*** i'm going back to my country for. I don't know. i just hope someone can get rid of those communist people.

i was thinkin the same thing but more of dealing with the government and the issue

If you really look at it... It's not the government that are corrupted and jealous of you... It's the people that's living in the country not the government... I went to study aboad in Lao for a year. and say that the government isn't really like what people say they is... People over here... Especially elder think that the communist government is corrupted but really it's not... First that's what I thought... but it's not like that at all.... People over there say that the government doesn't pay attentuion to them... If the contrary... because like educationl.. Now the system is like the America where student could go to school intill high school for free... but the parent and student theirself that doesn't want to get that education....

Keomany

Music.heal.All
vilasaeng said:
If you really look at it... It's not the government that are corrupted and jealous of you... It's the people that's living in the country not the government... I went to study aboad in Lao for a year. and say that the government isn't really like what people say they is... People over here... Especially elder think that the communist government is corrupted but really it's not... First that's what I thought... but it's not like that at all.... People over there say that the government doesn't pay attentuion to them... If the contrary... because like educationl.. Now the system is like the America where student could go to school intill high school for free... but the parent and student theirself that doesn't want to get that education....
[post="31895"][/post]​
ohh i didnt no that thanks...i guess i dont know till i go to Laos myself

dfemc

sarNie Adult
no doubt, Laos is a beautiful country, rich in so many ways, especially in "nam-jai", something that's not always present. it deserves to grow and needs plenty of improvements as do many 3rd world nations.

however, i don't believe that the "trickle-down" democracy and transplanted capitalism will be the answer to Laos' problems either. like vilaseng says, it's not just the "communist gov't" but the people. communism is a beautiful ideology if implemented correctly, whether it's practical or possible in this day in time is a whole nother issue altogether.

the needs of Laos and the people is a very complex one and it will take a lot of heart to meet them. but beyond rebuilding the Laos back there along the Mekong, there is a whole 'nother Laos that exist in the states, the Laotian-American existence that continues on here, in America. If the country Laos is counting on those here, it's going to take a lot of rebuilding and unifying on this end of the world. the issues of poverty, jealousy, gangs, violence, incarceration, and yaada yaada still prevails in the Laotian-American community here, which fuckin' sux. so before we can look to fixing our mother roots, we have to try to heal the wounded roots that was re-transplanted here in the U.S. as floundering refugess, searching for a home, before we try to grow new plants of democracy and development in the mother country. there's so many pieces and sharp fragments of untold pains and frustrations of the struggles that Laotian-Americans face, leaving us with nothing to put together. so before all this sounds like just a bunch of hopeless idealism, take some time to reflect on the reality and what it means to truly be "Laotian-Americans" wanting a better Laos or a better America for us all.

btw, about the guy thing. Laotian guys are HOT just as any of the other men out there. they're humans too..we're all fallable. every community has thier issues, and males on the whole are capable of being assholes in everyway. u just have to dig through the pile. our experience and upbringing has heck of a lot more to do with who we are than our ethnic origins. rakniran, keep searching n eventually u'll realize even reality is deceiving.

i'm glad this forum exists for those who do dream. dreaming is a step towards the conceptoin of a reality. :)

noiki

sarNie Hatchling
*snap *snap I agree with you. we need to create change here first before we start thinking that just because we go there they'll change for us.

Nae_jai_leaw_lur

sarNie Egg
You guys all have some very interesting ideas on how to rebuild laos and what to add to it to make it a better place, so why don't we all just come together one day, go to laos and start building.jk.lol. Me, my cousins and a couple of friends are gonna do dat in about 2 more years were gonna head to laos and support them to the fullest. :D . I wonder who's the president for laos...I mean whoever it is seems to sound alittle to busy to care about his citizens.lol. But it's all good well go there and do our thing.

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
I don't think I can go back and live there; I like the life here in the states too much...But I would love to help rebuild Laos. That would be so cool!

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
tye-niranh said:
I don't think I can go back and live there; I like the life here in the states too much...But I would love to help rebuild Laos. That would be so cool!
[post="95872"][/post]​

i agree, i have become so acustomed to Western life that i think it would be so hard to go back but going back and help assist rebuild lao without having to live there would be cool

Athena

sarNie Juvenile
I've never been to Laos.
My mom still has family there.
But would like to visit Laos.
Just to see how things really are.
I would like to help the children who can't afford
to attend school.

Patty

sarNie Adult
I want to go visit Laos, but I'm not sure if I want to go live there in the future...But I do want to help rebuild Laos though..

Nae_jai_leaw_lur

sarNie Egg
Yeah I agree, not all laos guys are jerks. I mean from my experience anyways. I am laos, and yes I am a guy. Before I came here(college) I thought, no offense, that white girls were the only ones I can date as if now. I thought they were the only ones who would treat me good. But I was wrong.lol. I had to find that out the hard way. But I never did dated an asian before either.lol.

chonny

sarNie Egg
How come there is no section for:
-LAO & TAI(DAI) MUSIC KARAOKE & CONCERT
-LAO & TAI(DAI) MUSIC
-LAO & TAI(DAI) MOVIES

in sarnworld? We should have the following sections, thus making sarnworld a robust place to navigate!

This might be wrong section to post this comments, but it kind of related to LAO haha

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Okay, I'm confused what are Onahc and Missjoy talking about?

I read the first post by the thread poster and what they said isn't at all relevant to the topic. Unless he/she changed the post and cut some things out?

Anyway, back to the topic. I wouldn't want to move there, I'm an American born and raised, this is my home but I would definitely want to go to Laos to visit and help bring business into the country. I want to help rebuild Laos but I'd much rather do it by staying there for short periods and visiting than moving there permanently.